2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,439 - $20,948.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Sporty and Fun...''ZOOM'' ''ZOOM''

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Safety, styling, performance, controls, fast"

Cons: "no built for taller people"

"This car is going be a collection in the future with Mustang, Corvette, Cadillac and Challenger. Performance is very impressive I love the styling which gives the Mazda on greater looks and excellent ride. I'm commuting (4000 miles) everyday to work have to admired its a midsize car with the luxury and sport tag but a great vehicle worth book value. Drives really fast onto freeways/interstates I wish it was like Nissan Maxima available in paddle shifters really have a more fun ride from it. Interior definitely quality built got top of the line options seems like an Audi with knobs and controls. My only complaint this car roofline is very low I recommend a averaged person buy this car although a better car now from other previous models its not built for taller person like myself at 6'3'' if ever known this never purchased in first place but wanted a sportier car that had a brand in better resale values and high performance. I'd suggest if you're my height take a longer test drive first before buying this car because of lower roofline. It handles tight gives a better solid ride. Controls very upholstery in Infotainment, navigation, Pandora capability. Buttons at console center are pluses for NAV/Pandora also have the blue tooth technology on Mazda everything works remarkably good with car. I still LUV the ride and fully loaded whistles and bells included at a perfect price but car is just too low for my height. Its comfortable in more bolstered seats include heated seats the SKYACTIV engine is amazing in better torque which gives me performance and a superb quiet ride at anytime driving my vehicle. Mazda6 have excellent highest safety ratings too was available having traffic cross alert, blind spot warning, front collision alert and Parallel parking I tell you its the best midsize car ever been factory built on better fit and finish materials even feel much safer driving it on roads."

Entering and exiting the car is a problem

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Great look and very sporty. A sporty sedan."

Cons: "Seat configuration a problem. Good safety features"

"I have to lower the seat and push it back to enter the car and do the same upon exiting the car because of the door frame configuration. No auto seat adjustment for passenger. Great gas mileage and cornering ability. Very responsive to the gas pedal."

One impressive car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

"bought my Mazda6 i Grand Touring a month ago I love this car so much. Its got the NAV and Tech packages love the solid ride and performance more quieter and smooth drive gives me. Controls are simple using the styling is beautiful have all the comfort in seating position in bolstered seats includes heated seats. Interior fit and finish materials are the best everything works great in electronics from infotainment to Pandora capabilities. The 6i handles all the highways so well very fast with a powerful engine in its class. I have health issues as for my age the doctor tells me take it easily but doesn't stop me from having more fun with a great classy car I want to be independent as still driving not just that but enjoying a vehicle I have never owned or driven before. I love my Mazda 6i Grand Touring there are too many whistles and bells that was standard having with Technology package. I'm glad got a vehicle in safety ratings has blind spot warning, traffic crossing alert and very excellent highway response ever. Trunk is bigger and interior looks more upgraded have plenty of room it gives me luxury every time driving this car. Mazda has come a very long way on giving the 6i more luxury and hiking the price making vehicle even top of the line seems like a BMW on wheels and Cadillac driving inside of interior. I am a 68 year old man but never owned a import or a vehicle that had so much in class as too many new features on a midsize vehicle as Mazda great value everything."

The Un-Boring Sedan

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "styling, mpg"

Cons: "none so far"

"I have owned some pretty good looking cars in the past (1998 Honda Prelude and 2005 Infiniti G35) and I have never had as many compliments by random strangers as my 2014 Red Mazda6 Grand Touring. By far the best looking 4 door sedan on the market, class best mpg, and one of the nicest interiors. Currently 8,500 miles and no issues."

Zoom Zoom my new Mazda6 vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "faster acceleration, great controls, sporty"

Cons: "infotainment can be fustrating ''etc"

"I purchased my 6 Grand Touring having Tech and Nav packages. Its an awesome car, for the money. Drives best with outstanding performance gives a much smoother ride like my ''SOUL RED MAAAAZDA'' this car looks so handsome. (i-ELOOP), lane departure warning and rear backup camera are the greatest safe features ever been standard on a midsize car. Quiet interior, drives absolutely best, good vehicle quality, heated seats, manual transmission is just as smooth under effortlessly acceleration. All the books and records this car is a 5 star rating vehicle with everything being best in class. Infotainment, Pandora capability, Bluetooth all featured so great on mazda6 its a nice looking sportier car."

Zoom Zoom with luxury, beauty and economy

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "value, looks, performance, comfort, ease of use"

Cons: "hard to get in and out of for older drivers"

"We love driving our "6". Yes, seats and suspension may be stiffer than other mushy sedans but that's part of the thrill of driving. Expecting to buy a v6, we are blown away by the performance of Mazda's 4 cylinder, and gas mileage is great. We never expected the luxury of interior features (rear view camera, blind spot warning, center touch screen etc.) for the price. The many controls on adjustable steering wheel are easy to use. Steering is very precise and responsive. To top it all off, the "6" is VERY good looking! We haven't shopped for a car for 15 years. Maybe they're all this good. We compared it to Passat(very close). We chose Mazda due to more features and Patty loved it's beautiful looks. Previous cars are 99 Pontiac Grand Prix and 95 Mazda MX6."

Not a plain vanilla box

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "great styling, gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Tom Tom voice navigation is useless"

"I traded in my aging Camry for the 2014 Mazda 6, and I couldn't be happier. Low maintenance costs (as opposed to a Lexus, BMW, etc), great gas mileage (~32-33), and fun to drive (zoom zoom), while still being an incredibly practical car. But by far my favorite part of this car is the fact that it looks unique. If you buy a Camry, Accord, Sonata, Fusion, you end up with a car that a) is one in a crowd and b) is indistinguishable from the crowd. I literally have people on the street stop me to ask about my car. The only negative thing I have to say is that the integrated Tom Tom navigation is a joke. The voice controls never figure out what I'm saying, even when I speak slowly and enunciate every word. Also, the traffic calculations are often wrong, so I don't really trust it to navigate me around accidents and construction. (But Google maps on my phone fixes both of these)"

Nice Combination of Practicality and Sportiness!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Sportiness, Styling, Value"

Cons: "Wind Noise at high speeds"

"Bought a Touring in August 2013. Great car so far as I love the styling, ride, and roominess while getting 30 MPG overall. My only complaints would be wind noise at freeway speeds and the infotainment system has some bugs where a USB or iPod takes forever to load and always starts from the same place (rumor has it that a fix is on the way in April though). Overall, an awesome car and I have no regrets."

Wow...

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fuel Efficient, Fun"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It's sporty, quick to shift (auto), and fun to drive. I can beat my brother-in-laws 2010 Honda Accord 271 HP (V6) off the line with only 184 HP (4 cyc) in my Mazda 6 with Skyactiv and get better gas mileage. This is the car of my dreams and I paid $10,000 less than my brother-in-law!"

Good family sedan with sporty traits

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Styling and driving feels"

Cons: "Road noise, driver seat too firm"

"I previously owned Accord, Maxima, and Impreza. I decided to get another sedan with better mileage. The finalist was the 2014 Accord or the Mazda 6. I went with the Mazda 6 for better driving feels and super gorgeous exterior. The Touring model has all the features I needed. The driver door armrest could be higher. The wind noise is bad with windows down. Road noise is average. Love the 19" wheel. So far average about 30 mpg with some spirited driving. I do miss the V-6 engine but good trade off for better mileage."

very nice vehicle to drive and own.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "tom-tom nav system could be better."

"I purchased the grand touring model, which is fully loaded. This is a fun car to drive, handles very well.The bose system in this car is great.where ever I park, People come up to me to tell me how good this car looks. Before I purchased this car, i drove the new toyota, the new honda and chevy malibu, I find the new mazda to be the best of the bunch."

SINCE '91 ALL OF MY MAZDAS HAVE BEEN VERY RELIABLE

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "excellent price, relaxing to drive"

Cons: "arm rest too far back or just too short."

"The following is just a testament of how I fell about Mazda vehicles. I've owned the following Mazdas: 1991 Mazda 626, 1993 Mazda Protege (close to 300,000 miles and still going). A '09 Mazda 3, a '10 CX-9, an '11 CX-7 which was the only Mazda vehicle I didn't like, a second CX-9 in 2013. I just traded the '13 for a 2014 Mazda6 lease and so far I am loving it more than any of the other Mazda's I've owned. I leased this time because I wanted to make sure that this was what I really wanted. When my lease expires, I plan on buying the new model or buy a certified pre-owned Mazda6 iGrand Touring."

Great car, has a lot of get up and go.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Every thing"

Cons: "You will feel the road"

"Fun car to drive. Love the lane warning in mirrors. Has a lot of pep for a car that averages 30 miles to the gallon, all stop and go driving. You will feel the road which is good and bad. The bad is you feel the potholes, but on the good side you feel like your driving in a sports car. I am tight with my money and did a lot of shopping and test driving before I bought this car. I still feel like I bought the best car for my money every time I look at it in a parking lot next to all the other boring cars. Once in the leather seats and pushbutton start, great sounding engine. I know I bought the best car for my money. If you buy this car be ready for people to stop you and tell you how much they love your car."

I strongly dislike the car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Its boring to drive , gear box is very laggy , it never tells me temperature and its sound insulation is unacceptable"

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

Strong car, good power, fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, quality, power, great MPG"

Cons: "Poor basic speakers"

"I have a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Automatic. I have 3,000 miles on the car and have enjoied it so far. The car has a strong engine that sounds great when you get on it. I drove a 4cyl Camary that sounded like you were killing it. I have been doing 60/40 Highway/City and I am getting 33MPG. I have gotten up to 41 MPG just putting it on cruse at 60 on the highway. The car handels great and runs flat. You feel alot of the road communicated through the car which is good if you like to drive but bad if you want to be more comfortable. The car is overall comforable and has alot of room in the back for my two childern. The trunk is great allowing me to fold down my rear seats and fit a screen door in the box with only about 3 inches sticking out of the trunk. The only negitive to the car so far is the base stereo speakers. They work okay but you can really tell they are cheap. This is about the only thing on the car that seems cheap. If this car is as reliable as my old 2004 Camary was it will be a winner."

Loving my Mazda6!!!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and beautiful."

Cons: "None."

"I've had this car for nearly a year and have driven it 22,100+ miles. I have yet to find anything complain about. I LOVE the styling- it looks high end. It drives and handles so great (very responsive steering). The power and acceleration make you forget you're driving a 4 cylinder. The fuel economy is still good considering the power you get out of it. I'd recommend it to anyone!!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, comfort, styling"

Cons: "No heated seats in my leather."

"I-Touring model. I bought this car back in June of 2013 and it has been a gem, I downgraded from a 2010 Mercedes C300 but really I upgraded. The styling and look of the car caught my attention and then the gas mileage was another big seller. Had one small issue with the power steering module, but it was replaced under warrantee so all was good. The only thing I wish mine has would be heated seats. Kind of pointless to have the leather and no heat, right? It's been great for my long trips up north. It has been great in the snow. Handling is supreme. Power is just right for the segment. Thanks Mazda."

Absolutely love this car.

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Styling hooked me, Mileage/Reliability sold me."

Cons: "Needs chrome wheel option. Going aftermarket."

"Looks fantastic. Low slung, aggressive front end. Liquid Silver paint is gorgeous. Several comparisons to a Jaguar. Painted 19in wheels are nice but chrome would have really set it off perfectly. More than enough power city or hwy. Quiet and smooth. Nice throaty exhaust sound when you get on it. 6 speed auto shifts smoothly up and down. Manual shift takes some practice but works just as good. Mileage averaging 34.4 in 80/20 hwy driving. Interior is comfortable, laid out very well. More room than my wifes Grand Marquis. Gauges/controls are easy to read/reach. Stereo system sounds great. Handles great, especially on curvy roads. Grips road verrry well. Ride is a little stiff at times depending on road condition. Little noisy on rough roads, quiet otherwise. Overall extremely satisfied with this car. Feels like driving a much more expensive sports car. Looked at Optima/Altima, stopped looking after test driving this."

deal killers for me

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "In it's class, by far the coolest looking car."

Cons: "not DIY friendly"

"Let me start by saying this car is really good looking and drives great. In my heart I really wanted this car but a few things killed it for me. I do my own work on my cars and there will be times I need to jack up the front of the car and unfortunately this Mazda 6 model does not have a front cross-member to put a hydraulic jack under. That's a huge hassle. Additionally the underside of the car is covered by a big plastic shield. It covers the entire lower engine compartment. Imagine every time you need to look under the engine you have to remove this giant panel...no thanks. One more thing I don't like, no engine temp gauge, really? Come on. Some people actually understand engines and this gauge is critical. My heart is telling to overlook these issues because she's a beauty but sadly my brain is telling me to look elsewhere. I would however recommend this car to a friend because most of my friends don't do their own work. Great car, just not for me."

LUXURY FEATURES ...... NON LUXURY EMBLEM

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "(Awesome value, head turner)"

Cons: "(Not enough head room in rear)"

"My wife & I have driven German luxury imports for the last 12 years. Recently, my wife changed a job where she has to drive 80 miles everyday back and forth. We were in the market looking for a commute car and looked at traditional competitors in this segment. They seem boring and made you look 10 years older than your age. We narrowed it down to Mazda6 and Sonata and decided to go with Mazda6. Its a great car for the value. You will easily pay $15000 more for the similar features with the luxury emblem. However, 38 miles to a gallon is not realistic and the interior console could have been built better. It is still a great car and I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market looking for midsize sedan."

a gem at a wonderful price

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "torque filled fun with 500 miles per tank"

Cons: "dealer had to tighten a rattling speaker cover"

"This car is only $20k!?!? It drives like it should be twice that. The seats are great, the cabin is spacious, the 6 speed manual is effortless. The base model even has tilt, cruise, steering wheel controls, keyless entry and keyless start button. The Skyactive 2.5 has plenty of power if you downshift to use it. 3rd gear tops out at 85MPH.. and there are 3 more gears left!! This 4 cly. has the torque of a V6 and gives back 500 miles per tankful."

Test Drive It Before You Purchase Any Other

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything so far"

Cons: "Nothing so far"

"Nothing I write here would justify what you actually feel driving one. If you're considering purchasing/leasing a mid-sized sedan, don't make any decision without test-driving a Mazda6. I was planning to get a Manual Transmission car going into my car hunting. For some reason the I Touring Manual model I test-drove had more road noise on highway and its crutch is a bit heavier than I expected. Therefore I ended up going with the I-Touring Automatic version. My old car was the worst in the parking lot at my office. Now I don't have any hesitation to park my car next to a BMW/Benz and my Mazda6 actually looks better than many of them."

Totally Satisfied with My Mazda

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, excellent mpg, superb appearance"

Cons: "Absolutely no flaws for me"

My Mazda 6 at South Padre Island, TX!

"I bought this car pretty quickly when the transmission went out on my old car. I am shocked at how much I love this vehicle. I get 34 mpg average and it is one hot lookin' car! Drives like a dream (Touring with Technology Package) has all the bells and whistles that I could possibly need and is just plain excellent. Not one single thing that I don't like. Had a border agent stop me coming out of South Padre Island and asked what kind of car it was. When I nervously told him it was a 2014 Mazda 6, he stepped back, opened his arms, grinned real big and said, "Maaaannnn!!! I LIKE your car!" Made me smile!"

My Mazda 6 at South Padre Island, TX!

My first new Sedan ever owned, my best choice ever

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "All good in my book."

Cons: "I have no Cons to report."

"I just recentley purchased the Mazda6 2.5 L I sport and I tell you the test drive sold this car and the service at Mazda was great. The look of this car makes me feel like I am driving a $50,000 car. I got a killer deal on the price and was able to purchase a second car for my husband (a Mazda 3). The Salesman was great on the test drive. I love the snow white flake pearl color and the interior is just right for what I like. My husband and I have matching cars (except for size). I also got the 4 year maintiance program for both cars so all we have to pay for is gas, routine maintiance is covered. My first time going to Mazda and it was great. I was originally looking at a 2013 Optima but went with Mazda6 because the quality and the pricing for what you get for a 2014 was cheaper than the Optima. Mazda has better ratings and better pricing over Optima any day. Love my mazda (no photo at this time yet)."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next