2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,714 - $21,380.

10/9.1

9.3

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."

For the money in its class, simply unbeatable

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, nice price, excellent dynamics"

Cons: "Check for blind-spot concerns"

"I now have just over 50,000 miles on this car, having owned it for about 18 months. Yes, you read that right on the mileage. It has gone through one set of tires in that time. Driving dynamics are excellent; this is a car you can do 12 hour road trips in without feeling like you got hit by a bus halfway there -- and I have made many of them. My average fuel economy since new is right near 35mpg -- no, that's not an error either. It runs on regular, so no pricey premium fuel is required. For a gas-powered vehicle of this size to get into the mid-to-upper 30s on AVERAGE fuel consumption is simply outstanding; I've tracked every tank since it was new. I've had zero maintenance issues with the car; it has required only routine oil and filter changes, plus a new set of tires. Incidentally, consider the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S (if you want/need all season tires) when the time comes; they are a big upgrade from the Yokohama Adavan A83s that come from the factory and are reasonably priced. I bought the sport specifically to get the manual gearbox and "non-fancy" radio, since I intended to (and did) immediately replace it with an aftermarket unit. Note that the 2016s lose this capability, since they have gone to an integrated unit rather than an easily-replaced 2-DIN size. That, and the loss of the manual handbrake, are two reasons I prefer the '15 to the '16. I drove pretty-much everything in this class with an under $50,000 MSRP before buying the "6", and in my view it's a superior car to those costing twice as much -- if the driving experience is a major part of your requirement set. That it also obtains class-leading fuel economy is a large bonus and one that materially lowers the cost of ownership (if you put on a lot of miles.) There are compromises at this price-point, of course. The 2.5L I4 engine is plenty 95% of the time, but in the mountains the lack of forced induction means it does suffer somewhat. The MT benefits from a heavier and shorter shift knob than stock (which I changed), and I'd like it if the accelerator and brake were a bit closer together, as heel/toe downshifting is a challenge at best. I suspect you can thank the lawsuit lobby for that, unfortunately. Nonetheless if you're looking for something in the mid-sized class that can handle 4 adults without turning the rear passengers into sardines, has excellent fuel economy with outstanding driving dynamics (Mazda actually managed to fashion electric-assist steering that doesn't feel like a rubber band, for example) while at the same time returning astounding real-world fuel economy, you'll find that combination in this vehicle -- and nowhere else at anything approaching the asking price. One downside to mention -- visibility is a bit of an issue forward due to the slope of the hood, so you do have to pay attention when pulling in to parking spaces, and as with most modern sedans the B and C pillars produce a bit of a blind spot, especially if you're coming from a wagon or small SUV. The good side is that unlike many modern cars ground clearance is quite-generous so you won't rip the forward skirt off the car with normal-sized curb stops -- a very good thing that many modern vehicles get wrong."

Wow!

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Superb handling, design, fit and finish, seats."

Cons: "Radio is average."

"I have the manual. It is FUN to spin around in. Great chassis, balance, transmission, build quality, seats ...and svelte enough to really get noticed. Gas mileage is 5 mpg better than my manual 2010 Accord coupe and the ride/ handling are much more refined. It drives better than the 2005 TSX I had and way less $. This car is unbelievable from a value perspective...and has razor sharp styling. The interior is simple (a good thing) and elegant, but could use a little better sound system. I look forward to my 17 mile city commute each day!"

Best Mazda6 by far

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

"I have owned 3 Mazda 6's. (2004 hatchback, 2012 sedan, and my 2014). This one by far is my favorite. The 2012 that I owned had been in a hit and run. Minimal damages, however I went to my Mazda dealership to get an estimate. I saw the new 2014 and I knew I was going to try to trade in my 2012 for it. I didn't even have the 2012 for a full year! Much happier with this one:)"

Good family sedan with sporty traits

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Styling and driving feels"

Cons: "Road noise, driver seat too firm"

"I previously owned Accord, Maxima, and Impreza. I decided to get another sedan with better mileage. The finalist was the 2014 Accord or the Mazda 6. I went with the Mazda 6 for better driving feels and super gorgeous exterior. The Touring model has all the features I needed. The driver door armrest could be higher. The wind noise is bad with windows down. Road noise is average. Love the 19" wheel. So far average about 30 mpg with some spirited driving. I do miss the V-6 engine but good trade off for better mileage."

Best car ever made had it since it debut

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "price fun to drive and economic on gas"

Cons: "N.O.T.H.I.N.G"

"A.W.E.S.O.M.E ! Best car ever done good job mazda I drive it daily 75 miles at around 67-73 mph and get a pretty decent 36 mpg driving with care but once you full throttle it that a different story but really do not even consider the camry,accord nor the altima it is a waste of time do not even lose your time test driving them"

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, snappy acceleration & handlin"

"I cannot say enough about this car! Everything about it falls at least into the very good category"

Great vehicle, amajor step up over the competition

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Looks, handling"

"Anyone who is thinking of a car in this class should definitely go out and try one. I got the GT model as a step up from my Mazda 3 and do not regret the change one bit. The GT model has all the bells and whistles and is more than capable in the handling and performance arena and so far with my mixed driving of city and hilly highways I am right around 31.5 mpg with one run of mainly highway seeing 37 mpg. The looks really made me do the deal, it really is a classy car on the interior and exterior."

The Best Mazda Sedan Ever!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "I have middle trim, leather seats but no heaters.."

"I'll start with this.. CVT transmissions are garbage.. it feels like driving a bus, so I was never attracted to low and even high end cars with those. I was looking for a sedan that had the looks and interior but, most importantly the car that would drive like a sports car, to match the looks with performance. I did lot of research before buying this car, looked at VW's, Honda, Toyota, and Ford.. Final decision was easy to make. I saw it at the dealer, test drove it and bought it with absolutely no regrets. Reason why I mentioned CVT's was because Mazda uses conventional 6 speed transmission and it is one of the BEST automatics I have ever driven. I had 15 cars before this one so I can judge based on my other experiences. I wish they had a Manual at the dealer when I bought mine, I was the first one in Maryland & DC to buy this car and only now I started seeing them on the road, it's almost June! Lots and lots of complements from other drivers. I do wish they had V6! I wish this had more horses but for what it is 2.5 4 cylinder engine, it's a fantastic car to drive. Love everything about it. Now, this is no BMW 3 series, but honestly there is no competition in its segment for cars under 30K. Don't buy anything else unless you test drive this! Thanks"

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

Best Japanese-made "German" mid-size car out there

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, price, reliability, fuel thrifty,ftd"

Cons: "None I can think of, really."

"I own a rare, hard to find 2014 Mazda 6 Touring 6Sp Manual (Yes, it does exist. Contrary to the "Build Your Own" at the Mazda USA website). The short throw shifter (I had a Honda manual before..they can't even touch this), mimics a Miata. It is a total BLAST to drive. It handles like no other Japanese car (in it's mid-size league), but near German in feel (prior ride was a Passat). It is a very fun-to-drive car. On my first fuel fill, I computed 38.8mpg 65/35 fwy/city. This car was the one of the 3 finalists of the World Car Design of 2013, the peers were the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Jaguar F-Type..this car in looks is in GREAT COMPANY!!!"

LUXURY FEATURES ...... NON LUXURY EMBLEM

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "(Awesome value, head turner)"

Cons: "(Not enough head room in rear)"

"My wife & I have driven German luxury imports for the last 12 years. Recently, my wife changed a job where she has to drive 80 miles everyday back and forth. We were in the market looking for a commute car and looked at traditional competitors in this segment. They seem boring and made you look 10 years older than your age. We narrowed it down to Mazda6 and Sonata and decided to go with Mazda6. Its a great car for the value. You will easily pay $15000 more for the similar features with the luxury emblem. However, 38 miles to a gallon is not realistic and the interior console could have been built better. It is still a great car and I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market looking for midsize sedan."

It Just Feels Better

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Best overall driving experience in midsize market."

Cons: "?"

"I just can't find a bad thing to this car. Shortly after I purchased it, I took a 2500 mile road trip to Florida. I never got tired of driving it, and felt refreshed even after driving it 1000 miles straight. And in that 1000 miles, only stopped for gas once, and not because I needed it, but because my passengers needed the pitstop. So far I am averaging 34mpg (tracked on Fuelly) with most of my driving being a 23 mile round trip to work daily in small city traffic. I test drove all the competition before purchasing this vehicle, as this is the most I have ever decided to spend on a car. And for me, the Mazda 6 was the only choice. If you want to get from PointA to PointB, buy one of the other guys. But if you want pure driving pleasure everytime from PointA to B, then look no further than the Mazda6."

Winner in class hands down

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, Rear traffic sensor"

Cons: "Clock position"

"I have now had my Red Mazda 6 Touring w/o tech for a week now and 350 miles. Awesome, best in this class and I definitely made the right decision. After over 3 months of looking and multiple test drives on most of the models I'm glad I waited for the 2014 to come out. None of the others in the class made me feel like "this was the car", I felt like I was going to have to settle. I even tried the Audi, Acura and BMW. The 6 was very close to them for a lot less money. The only one close was the Accord Sport, nothing else compared after I drove the Mazda. I wanted something that not everyone else had (Accord, Camry). The Altima was in the mix, but I could not get over the velour on the arm rest. If your looking for a car in this class you HAVE to drive the Mazda!! As my wife said if you want to feel old drive the Camry. I absolutely love this car, gas mileage was the best, it has ZOOM ZOOM, Pandora is great, blind spot monitor, rear camera plus the added motion detector when backing up (already saved me once), blue tooth works great, the red color (lots of compliment) is awesome ( silver was also sharpe), front seat is comfortable as is the leatherette (I'm 6'3" and fit great wife is 5'4" and also fits great). Have a average of 27mpg so far. The only con so far is the clock is down low and not by the dash. Do not let the dealer try to make you pay sticker price, if your willing to drive you can find a dealer under sticker."

Love, Love, Love, This Car!!!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Hugs the curb & lots of car for your $$$"

Cons: "Sliding arm rest!!!"

Had 4 good months!!!

"After owning a 2008 CX-7 and a 2011 CX-7 I decided I wanted something with better gas milage so I went into the dealer expecting to leave with a CX-5. I test drove the CX-5 and when I was walking around I saw the back of the Mazda6 and I asked the salesman, what car is this? He explained to me that this was the new 2014 model, I said I want to test drive this too. After driving both I decided on the Mazda6 and I haven't regretted my decision. I got the touring model and my mom went a day after me and bought the isport model since she liked mine so much. 2 days ago my husband was t-boned when someone ran a red light, my Mazda6 is now totaled! Thankfully he was driving my car because the side airbags saved his life. I now get to go and get another car and you can be sure I'm going to get another Mazda6."

Had 4 good months!!!

FunTastic!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, economical, beautiful, good value"

Cons: "some road noise, base radio not great"

"Got my Soul Red Mazda 6 sport with automatic. This car feels like it should cost a lot more. Handling and chassis precision is sublime. Extremely comfortable seats (I got the cloth, not a big fan of leather and with 3 kids and a dog...) Driving position is great. I love the steering wheel and the way it steers. Averaging 28 mpg. Good power, smooth transmission, once of the best I've ever driven. Handles better than my 2005 BMW 530i. Yes you read that right. Base radio isn't great but sounds better through Pandora or itunes. All in all a fabulous car and great value. You have to test drive it. And it really is a beautiful car, no comparison in this class. Destined to be a classic. Don't let the smallish HP numbers fool you, the car has plenty of pep and never feels like its working hard. Really fun to drive. Could use a little more sound insulation; my only complaint, but its definitely not a deal killer."

a gem at a wonderful price

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "torque filled fun with 500 miles per tank"

Cons: "dealer had to tighten a rattling speaker cover"

"This car is only $20k!?!? It drives like it should be twice that. The seats are great, the cabin is spacious, the 6 speed manual is effortless. The base model even has tilt, cruise, steering wheel controls, keyless entry and keyless start button. The Skyactive 2.5 has plenty of power if you downshift to use it. 3rd gear tops out at 85MPH.. and there are 3 more gears left!! This 4 cly. has the torque of a V6 and gives back 500 miles per tankful."

2014 Mazda 6=Simply Amazing

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Gasoline savings, Great roadtrip vehicle, comfy"

Cons: "obstructive blindspots and technology challenges"

"I have owned the vehicle for about 4 months and I am more than satisfied. Before owning this vehicle I was paying up to $250 per month in gasoline. My monthly budget indicates that I am saving over $100 dollars in gasoline. I drove the vehicle to Dallas, TX and I filled up twice and still had half a tank left on arrival to my final destination. However, the downfall for me would be the interior blind spot areas adjacent to the passenger side windows and the corner left/right frontal windshield views. At times I find it difficult to see my turns and blind spots clearly. The camera feature makes up for the high back end. In short, the panoramic view is lacking. My model also lacks the bells and whistles but I am sure the Grand Touring model is well worth the investment. In sum, if gas savings and longevity means anything to you as a car owner then it will be a great investment. I personally understand why the 2014 Mazda 6 won car of the year. I'm grateful and overwhelming satisfied. This car simply works for my lifestyle!"

Absolutely love this car.

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Styling hooked me, Mileage/Reliability sold me."

Cons: "Needs chrome wheel option. Going aftermarket."

"Looks fantastic. Low slung, aggressive front end. Liquid Silver paint is gorgeous. Several comparisons to a Jaguar. Painted 19in wheels are nice but chrome would have really set it off perfectly. More than enough power city or hwy. Quiet and smooth. Nice throaty exhaust sound when you get on it. 6 speed auto shifts smoothly up and down. Manual shift takes some practice but works just as good. Mileage averaging 34.4 in 80/20 hwy driving. Interior is comfortable, laid out very well. More room than my wifes Grand Marquis. Gauges/controls are easy to read/reach. Stereo system sounds great. Handles great, especially on curvy roads. Grips road verrry well. Ride is a little stiff at times depending on road condition. Little noisy on rough roads, quiet otherwise. Overall extremely satisfied with this car. Feels like driving a much more expensive sports car. Looked at Optima/Altima, stopped looking after test driving this."

Love this car!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"I'm in my 40s and was looking for a 4-door sedan in the 'Accord' price range, but wanted a sporty looking car that was fun to drive..I did not want the boring looking Accord or Camry, already had an Altima, was not impressed with the Kia Optima and did not want the Sonata that I see everywhere, more than snowbirds in Florida during winter... So what was my choice? The 2014 Mazda6! It's definitely a car for someone who is not in their 20s anymore but still has the 'drive' to drive a sporty and cool looking car, while not giving up the convenience of 4 doors and roomy interior. What a car! Already got several kudos from by-passers, one of them being 'this is truly a home run'! And better yet, I have only seen one other 2014 Mazda6 on the streets...It's still unique and it's definitely fashionable. get yours now!"

The 2016 Mazda 6 is far superior to the 2014/2015

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great styling, gas mileage and handling"

Cons: "None on the new 2016"

"I owned a 2015 Grand Touring Mazda 6 with the tech package and drove it for 15,000 miles. Overall it was a nice car with beautiful styling and excellent gas mileage. I also found the 4 cylinder engine to have more than adequate power/performance. However, the car had a few flaws. The navigation/infotainment system was easily 5 years behind the competition. The screen was small, the software was slow and clunky and the navigation screen looked like a 1980's Nintendo game. The front seats are a little too narrow and the padding is a little stiff. I found the seats to be acceptable but not comfortable. Overall the car handles reasonably well, but has some body roll when you first enter into a turn, which limits your confidence. In addition, the car has too much road noise, especially when driving on a concrete surface. The noise comes almost entirely from the tires, since wind and engine noise are nicely muted. Overall, I liked the car, but its flaws kept me from loving the car. I recently traded the 2015 for a new 2016 Grand Touring with tech package and what a difference. All of the above mentioned flaws have been corrected in the 2016. The 2016 has noticeably less road noise, less body roll in turns, the navigation/infotainment system is much better with a larger screen and updated software/performance, the seats are still narrow but much softer and more comfortable, it has a restyled dash that is better looking and a HUD (head up display) that projects your speed and other vital info onto your windshield (great feature not offered on the 2015). It cost me a few too many $ to trade, but I could not be happier. The 2016 has all the great styling, great gas mileage and performance of the 2015, but with all the rough edges smoothed off. I give Mazda credit for having the objectivity to understand and correct all the 2014/2015 shortcomings. I now love my Mazda 6."

Very impressed!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, handling, comfort, options, price"

Cons: "Fuel door under dash, window controls unlit"

"I now have 2K on my 2014 liquid silver M6. I have owned two previous M6,s a 2006 and a 2007 Speed 6. I paid 27K for the I-Touring package and felt that it was the best bang for the buck for me. The car handles great and rides very smooth handling bumps in the road rather smoothly along with aggressive cornering. I average 28.1 gallons per mile on 87,89,and 93 combined HWY and City, and tried them all to see if it increased the mileage at all and it did not. The acceleration of the 2.5 liter is adequate and I feel comfortable pulling out in traffic and passing. At the dealer I drove the 2013 C5 with the 2.0 and it was a dog on the road with terrible pickup to compare. As far as features the safety blind spot warning feature and the back up camera are great. They both alert you audibly and visibly when a moving vehicle is near you. I like the seats they are comfortable for a 6'2" guy with back issues with plenty of leg room and a telescoping steering wheel. Bose 11 speaker rocks with navigation and blue tooth for the phone no issues there either. My only gripes so far are rather minor that at night you cannot see the window controls because only the driver window control lights up. The gas cap release handle is hidden under the dash and the driver seat is two adjustable I-Touring only. Upgrade to the Grand Touring and you get 3 way adjusting seat sunroof and a few other technical features for about 4K more, but everything is subject to negotiation of course. My dealership would only go 1K below sticker so be patient and find a dealer that will work with you. Overall I am very happy with the car plenty of room huge trunk space great styling my kids love it and are comfortable in the back. Definitely worth taking a look at and test driving. Good Luck! Oh yea and the seat does go up and down so I can see out the windows just fine."

Beautifully designed sedan!!!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks!"

Cons: "GT model a bit pricey."

"Wow, where do I start...this car is awesome! If you want to be noticed without the high priced Audi, BMW or Mercedes, this car is it. Haven't found a negative yet about this car. Mazda has done a marvelous job to be in competition with Accord or Camry. I love the sporty look of the new 6, the design, interior, feel and fuel efficiency is by far the best in its class. I highly recommend this car if you are in search for a new sedan that is sporty and one that stands out. Sorry, Accord or Camry...MAZDA 6 has got you beat."

Test drove everything. Drove this, bought it!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Interior, Exterior, Technology, Unique"

Cons: "First year so reliability is a mystery."

"I have three kids and we just bought a Honda Odyssey, which we absolutely love! The van purchase negated any reason I had left to keep my 15 MPG 2007 Jeep Cherokee any longer. Bye bye Jeep! I have spent the last 6 months trying to determine what sedan to purchase. I drove EVERYTHING, multiple times. The accord felt "soft". Especially the V6. It was hella fast but you could feel the weight tugging down on the front end. Plus, the suspension was way too soft to handle that much power. The sport option is nice but you cant get nav or satellite. After looking for a used Infiniti G37 or Acura I decided to get practical and thought I wanted a EXL Civic. I drove one, enjoyed it and it had that sporty handling that the accord lacked. However, it came with a 23k price tag! As I left the Honda dealer, dissapointed, I spotted a brand new Mazda 6 at the neighboring dealer! This article came to mind and I decided to test drive the Touring model that had a touch screen, leatherette, and bluetooth. The price was the same as the Civic EXL. You just dont get real leather and sunroof. Anyway, driving this car completely made up my mind. I knew, without a doubt, that this was going to be my car. Out of curiosity, I wanted to sit in a GT to play with the nav and Bose system. The Bose system is superb and the real leather felt more upscale. I love the all black interior and the smaller nav screen. The inside is very simple compared to the competitions "spaceship" looking dashboards. Its like a combination between a Nissan and a BMW inside. So I opted for a Silver GT with all black interior. I even got the Mazda Adaptive Cruise Control that is very impressive. The dealer was selling this car for 29,000! For under 30k, I got exactly what I wanted and much more! To get the equivalent tech I would've had to get the 34k Honda Accord Touring with that heavy V6. Sure it wouldve been nice to be able to floor a v6 every once in a while but this Mazda is plenty quick and I do more steering than drag racing anyway. For me, you cant beat this car at this price. It handles like a TSX and looks like a Maserati. Visually, a very clean silver Mazda 6 with blacked out windows is absolutely stunning."