2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,646 - $21,334.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Beautifully designed sedan!!!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks!"

Cons: "GT model a bit pricey."

"Wow, where do I start...this car is awesome! If you want to be noticed without the high priced Audi, BMW or Mercedes, this car is it. Haven't found a negative yet about this car. Mazda has done a marvelous job to be in competition with Accord or Camry. I love the sporty look of the new 6, the design, interior, feel and fuel efficiency is by far the best in its class. I highly recommend this car if you are in search for a new sedan that is sporty and one that stands out. Sorry, Accord or Camry...MAZDA 6 has got you beat."

The Un-Boring Sedan

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "styling, mpg"

Cons: "none so far"

"I have owned some pretty good looking cars in the past (1998 Honda Prelude and 2005 Infiniti G35) and I have never had as many compliments by random strangers as my 2014 Red Mazda6 Grand Touring. By far the best looking 4 door sedan on the market, class best mpg, and one of the nicest interiors. Currently 8,500 miles and no issues."

Not a plain vanilla box

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "great styling, gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Tom Tom voice navigation is useless"

"I traded in my aging Camry for the 2014 Mazda 6, and I couldn't be happier. Low maintenance costs (as opposed to a Lexus, BMW, etc), great gas mileage (~32-33), and fun to drive (zoom zoom), while still being an incredibly practical car. But by far my favorite part of this car is the fact that it looks unique. If you buy a Camry, Accord, Sonata, Fusion, you end up with a car that a) is one in a crowd and b) is indistinguishable from the crowd. I literally have people on the street stop me to ask about my car. The only negative thing I have to say is that the integrated Tom Tom navigation is a joke. The voice controls never figure out what I'm saying, even when I speak slowly and enunciate every word. Also, the traffic calculations are often wrong, so I don't really trust it to navigate me around accidents and construction. (But Google maps on my phone fixes both of these)"

Exactly what I was looking for!

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Very well built car."

Cons: "Sound system may not be as good as my Toyota"

"I have driven this car for 3 weeks now, mostly around town, but we had 2 short trips. Fun to drive. A lot of cool features. I love the radar feature that monitors the cruise control. It handles our hills with ease. Very plush interiors to rival Acura and Lexus. We have bought several Toyota's and Honda's in the past, but I am very pleased with Mazda so far."

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."

Zoom Zoom my new Mazda6 vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "faster acceleration, great controls, sporty"

Cons: "infotainment can be fustrating ''etc"

"I purchased my 6 Grand Touring having Tech and Nav packages. Its an awesome car, for the money. Drives best with outstanding performance gives a much smoother ride like my ''SOUL RED MAAAAZDA'' this car looks so handsome. (i-ELOOP), lane departure warning and rear backup camera are the greatest safe features ever been standard on a midsize car. Quiet interior, drives absolutely best, good vehicle quality, heated seats, manual transmission is just as smooth under effortlessly acceleration. All the books and records this car is a 5 star rating vehicle with everything being best in class. Infotainment, Pandora capability, Bluetooth all featured so great on mazda6 its a nice looking sportier car."

Test Drive It Before You Purchase Any Other

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything so far"

Cons: "Nothing so far"

"Nothing I write here would justify what you actually feel driving one. If you're considering purchasing/leasing a mid-sized sedan, don't make any decision without test-driving a Mazda6. I was planning to get a Manual Transmission car going into my car hunting. For some reason the I Touring Manual model I test-drove had more road noise on highway and its crutch is a bit heavier than I expected. Therefore I ended up going with the I-Touring Automatic version. My old car was the worst in the parking lot at my office. Now I don't have any hesitation to park my car next to a BMW/Benz and my Mazda6 actually looks better than many of them."

Great car, great value, love to look at it

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Style is great, nice interior, nice ride"

Cons: "Slightly sluggish 0-15 but picks up much quicker t"

"So after searching the small sized car market and doing my research I had narrowed down one of my options to the Mazda 3. After sitting in the 3, I realized it was a bit small for someone my size (6'2", 220 lbs). While in the showroom I noticed the 6 which I immediately love stylistically and thought was without a doubt a $35K car. I was shocked to see sticker of $22k (Sport model). After a test drive I knew this car was for me, I had that "wow" enjoyment that I did not get from other test drives. I continued to do some research on similar priced cars in the mid segment and without conclusion the Mazda 6 wins, hands down. The May 2013 MotorTrend issues compares to the Camry and Accord and the 6 was the favorite. Take a test drive, you will not be disaapointed. Fun to drive, nice interior, GREAT looking car. Get the Touring, worth the money for the leatherette and touch screen with Pandora."

Best Value

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"I replaced a 2004 Mazda6, with a 2015 Mazda6 GT w/tech package. I swore that I would never buy another Mazda. But I could not pass this car up. The looks, equipment, mileage and overall ride of the car for the money was like a dream come true. I have taken in on a couple of road trips and have gotten over 40 mpg. My average is in the low 30's, which is 7-8 better than my old Mazda."

Best Family/Sport Sedan on the Market

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Looks, Impressive Interior, Price"

Cons: "USB & Ipod take forever to load"

"I have the 2015 Mazda6 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof Pkg in liquid silver. Have only had the car for a few months, but I'm very impressed so far! I averaged 39mpg on 2 of my most recent trips with the cruise set at 75. I thought it may be a tad underpowered initially (my other car is an Infiniti G37xS coupe), but it's surprisingly quick around town and has good passing power on the highways. Interior fit and finish is nicer than most cars $10-15k more! I also considered the Honda Accord Sport, but found the Mazda6 to be the better buy with loads more standard features and sharper looks! I highly recommend this car to anyone shopping for a $25-30k car!"

Wow!

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Superb handling, design, fit and finish, seats."

Cons: "Radio is average."

"I have the manual. It is FUN to spin around in. Great chassis, balance, transmission, build quality, seats ...and svelte enough to really get noticed. Gas mileage is 5 mpg better than my manual 2010 Accord coupe and the ride/ handling are much more refined. It drives better than the 2005 TSX I had and way less $. This car is unbelievable from a value perspective...and has razor sharp styling. The interior is simple (a good thing) and elegant, but could use a little better sound system. I look forward to my 17 mile city commute each day!"

We made a Great pick!

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "gas, style, driver control, safety, bose system"

Cons: ".................................................."

"my wife and I got a brand new mazda6 touring package and its all that we thought it was. gas is the afterthought after driving this car around.do your research and I promise you wont find much better than this model car. the price and quality equal happiness for my family and I. this car looks better than any other car I see on the road today. the bose system is stellar and it sounds just as good as any system you may have installed elsewhere so its worth the package upgrade. my wife and I also love the rear camera for driving in reverse and the interior is very comfortable for bucket seats."

Best Mazda6 by far

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

"I have owned 3 Mazda 6's. (2004 hatchback, 2012 sedan, and my 2014). This one by far is my favorite. The 2012 that I owned had been in a hit and run. Minimal damages, however I went to my Mazda dealership to get an estimate. I saw the new 2014 and I knew I was going to try to trade in my 2012 for it. I didn't even have the 2012 for a full year! Much happier with this one:)"

Zoom Zoom with luxury, beauty and economy

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "value, looks, performance, comfort, ease of use"

Cons: "hard to get in and out of for older drivers"

"We love driving our "6". Yes, seats and suspension may be stiffer than other mushy sedans but that's part of the thrill of driving. Expecting to buy a v6, we are blown away by the performance of Mazda's 4 cylinder, and gas mileage is great. We never expected the luxury of interior features (rear view camera, blind spot warning, center touch screen etc.) for the price. The many controls on adjustable steering wheel are easy to use. Steering is very precise and responsive. To top it all off, the "6" is VERY good looking! We haven't shopped for a car for 15 years. Maybe they're all this good. We compared it to Passat(very close). We chose Mazda due to more features and Patty loved it's beautiful looks. Previous cars are 99 Pontiac Grand Prix and 95 Mazda MX6."

Best car ever made had it since it debut

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "price fun to drive and economic on gas"

Cons: "N.O.T.H.I.N.G"

"A.W.E.S.O.M.E ! Best car ever done good job mazda I drive it daily 75 miles at around 67-73 mph and get a pretty decent 36 mpg driving with care but once you full throttle it that a different story but really do not even consider the camry,accord nor the altima it is a waste of time do not even lose your time test driving them"

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, snappy acceleration & handlin"

"I cannot say enough about this car! Everything about it falls at least into the very good category"

Good family sedan with sporty traits

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Styling and driving feels"

Cons: "Road noise, driver seat too firm"

"I previously owned Accord, Maxima, and Impreza. I decided to get another sedan with better mileage. The finalist was the 2014 Accord or the Mazda 6. I went with the Mazda 6 for better driving feels and super gorgeous exterior. The Touring model has all the features I needed. The driver door armrest could be higher. The wind noise is bad with windows down. Road noise is average. Love the 19" wheel. So far average about 30 mpg with some spirited driving. I do miss the V-6 engine but good trade off for better mileage."

Great vehicle, amajor step up over the competition

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Looks, handling"

"Anyone who is thinking of a car in this class should definitely go out and try one. I got the GT model as a step up from my Mazda 3 and do not regret the change one bit. The GT model has all the bells and whistles and is more than capable in the handling and performance arena and so far with my mixed driving of city and hilly highways I am right around 31.5 mpg with one run of mainly highway seeing 37 mpg. The looks really made me do the deal, it really is a classy car on the interior and exterior."

The Best Mazda Sedan Ever!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "I have middle trim, leather seats but no heaters.."

"I'll start with this.. CVT transmissions are garbage.. it feels like driving a bus, so I was never attracted to low and even high end cars with those. I was looking for a sedan that had the looks and interior but, most importantly the car that would drive like a sports car, to match the looks with performance. I did lot of research before buying this car, looked at VW's, Honda, Toyota, and Ford.. Final decision was easy to make. I saw it at the dealer, test drove it and bought it with absolutely no regrets. Reason why I mentioned CVT's was because Mazda uses conventional 6 speed transmission and it is one of the BEST automatics I have ever driven. I had 15 cars before this one so I can judge based on my other experiences. I wish they had a Manual at the dealer when I bought mine, I was the first one in Maryland & DC to buy this car and only now I started seeing them on the road, it's almost June! Lots and lots of complements from other drivers. I do wish they had V6! I wish this had more horses but for what it is 2.5 4 cylinder engine, it's a fantastic car to drive. Love everything about it. Now, this is no BMW 3 series, but honestly there is no competition in its segment for cars under 30K. Don't buy anything else unless you test drive this! Thanks"

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

Best Japanese-made "German" mid-size car out there

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, price, reliability, fuel thrifty,ftd"

Cons: "None I can think of, really."

"I own a rare, hard to find 2014 Mazda 6 Touring 6Sp Manual (Yes, it does exist. Contrary to the "Build Your Own" at the Mazda USA website). The short throw shifter (I had a Honda manual before..they can't even touch this), mimics a Miata. It is a total BLAST to drive. It handles like no other Japanese car (in it's mid-size league), but near German in feel (prior ride was a Passat). It is a very fun-to-drive car. On my first fuel fill, I computed 38.8mpg 65/35 fwy/city. This car was the one of the 3 finalists of the World Car Design of 2013, the peers were the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Jaguar F-Type..this car in looks is in GREAT COMPANY!!!"

LUXURY FEATURES ...... NON LUXURY EMBLEM

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "(Awesome value, head turner)"

Cons: "(Not enough head room in rear)"

"My wife & I have driven German luxury imports for the last 12 years. Recently, my wife changed a job where she has to drive 80 miles everyday back and forth. We were in the market looking for a commute car and looked at traditional competitors in this segment. They seem boring and made you look 10 years older than your age. We narrowed it down to Mazda6 and Sonata and decided to go with Mazda6. Its a great car for the value. You will easily pay $15000 more for the similar features with the luxury emblem. However, 38 miles to a gallon is not realistic and the interior console could have been built better. It is still a great car and I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market looking for midsize sedan."

It Just Feels Better

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Best overall driving experience in midsize market."

Cons: "?"

"I just can't find a bad thing to this car. Shortly after I purchased it, I took a 2500 mile road trip to Florida. I never got tired of driving it, and felt refreshed even after driving it 1000 miles straight. And in that 1000 miles, only stopped for gas once, and not because I needed it, but because my passengers needed the pitstop. So far I am averaging 34mpg (tracked on Fuelly) with most of my driving being a 23 mile round trip to work daily in small city traffic. I test drove all the competition before purchasing this vehicle, as this is the most I have ever decided to spend on a car. And for me, the Mazda 6 was the only choice. If you want to get from PointA to PointB, buy one of the other guys. But if you want pure driving pleasure everytime from PointA to B, then look no further than the Mazda6."

Winner in class hands down

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, Rear traffic sensor"

Cons: "Clock position"

"I have now had my Red Mazda 6 Touring w/o tech for a week now and 350 miles. Awesome, best in this class and I definitely made the right decision. After over 3 months of looking and multiple test drives on most of the models I'm glad I waited for the 2014 to come out. None of the others in the class made me feel like "this was the car", I felt like I was going to have to settle. I even tried the Audi, Acura and BMW. The 6 was very close to them for a lot less money. The only one close was the Accord Sport, nothing else compared after I drove the Mazda. I wanted something that not everyone else had (Accord, Camry). The Altima was in the mix, but I could not get over the velour on the arm rest. If your looking for a car in this class you HAVE to drive the Mazda!! As my wife said if you want to feel old drive the Camry. I absolutely love this car, gas mileage was the best, it has ZOOM ZOOM, Pandora is great, blind spot monitor, rear camera plus the added motion detector when backing up (already saved me once), blue tooth works great, the red color (lots of compliment) is awesome ( silver was also sharpe), front seat is comfortable as is the leatherette (I'm 6'3" and fit great wife is 5'4" and also fits great). Have a average of 27mpg so far. The only con so far is the clock is down low and not by the dash. Do not let the dealer try to make you pay sticker price, if your willing to drive you can find a dealer under sticker."