2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,751 - $21,430.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

First new car disappointment

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Good looking car, ok mileage"

Cons: "Everything else."

"Car is gorgeous and turns heads but otherwise I am terribly disappointed as this was the first car I ever purchased brand new. Interior is cramped, seats are too low and narrow, making entry and exit awkward and difficult. Paint is easily chipped and interior design makes access for vacuuming/cleaning windows near impossible. Sounds like one or more windows is slightly open when all are closed which is beyond annoying. DISLIKE auto climate control system. Poor sound system. Just not what I expected for the price at ALL."

Best car I've ever had - attracts lots of complime

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "Good value for money, nice driver's car"

Reflex Blue Color with Tinted Windows

"I've had my M6 for about 3 weeks now. It's Touring with automatic transmission and Bose/Moonroof package. I hadn't considered a Mazda before, but now I'm certain I got great value for money and a car that is fun to drive, comfortable, classy, stylish, and practical. I won't gush about the things I like, instead I'll address the things I see others writing negatively about. Some professional reviewers have been very critical of Mazda's navigation systems. I didn't get navigation, knowing it wasn't a great system and that I could easily have one installed later once the technology improves. Instead I have the excellent navigation on my smartphone (which is always hooked up via bluetooth the sound system anyway) direct me when needed. This is an audio and not visual solution, but it's perfectly fine for me. Otherwise the rest of the audio/screen system is great. It even displays your text messages on the dashboard screen or reads them out loud to you. I get more compliments on the interior than anything. A couple people have said it looks and feels like a Mercedes, meaning I guess it's roomy, it's comprised of high-quality materials, and it has lots of straight lines. If you like all the bubbly, curvy, 'space-pod'-looking dashboards that many car companies are relying on to make their vehicles look 'modern' or updated, then this is not the car for you. As for noise, I admit it can seem a little loud. But when did we decide that drivers weren't supposed to hear the engines they're using? I like hearing it rev, and it sounds great when you first start the car. I think Mazda let their enthusiastic drivers keep the engine noise on purpose (besides if you have the Bose sound system on or the sunroof open you won't hear the engine anyway). It's the first Mazda in my family and the only one parked on my block right now, but judging by the many looks and questions I get about it I'm sure there will be more to come."

Reflex Blue Color with Tinted Windows

Fun to drive, great value.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Cons: "Cloth interior is very hard to clean off hair"

"The only complaint I have about this car is the cloth interior (black). I couldn't remove my hair from the seats. Car interior always looked messy, so I ended up having the cloth interior replaced with leather. I owned other Mazda's with cloth interior and did not have this problem."

The 2016 Mazda 6 is far superior to the 2014/2015

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great styling, gas mileage and handling"

Cons: "None on the new 2016"

"I owned a 2015 Grand Touring Mazda 6 with the tech package and drove it for 15,000 miles. Overall it was a nice car with beautiful styling and excellent gas mileage. I also found the 4 cylinder engine to have more than adequate power/performance. However, the car had a few flaws. The navigation/infotainment system was easily 5 years behind the competition. The screen was small, the software was slow and clunky and the navigation screen looked like a 1980's Nintendo game. The front seats are a little too narrow and the padding is a little stiff. I found the seats to be acceptable but not comfortable. Overall the car handles reasonably well, but has some body roll when you first enter into a turn, which limits your confidence. In addition, the car has too much road noise, especially when driving on a concrete surface. The noise comes almost entirely from the tires, since wind and engine noise are nicely muted. Overall, I liked the car, but its flaws kept me from loving the car. I recently traded the 2015 for a new 2016 Grand Touring with tech package and what a difference. All of the above mentioned flaws have been corrected in the 2016. The 2016 has noticeably less road noise, less body roll in turns, the navigation/infotainment system is much better with a larger screen and updated software/performance, the seats are still narrow but much softer and more comfortable, it has a restyled dash that is better looking and a HUD (head up display) that projects your speed and other vital info onto your windshield (great feature not offered on the 2015). It cost me a few too many $ to trade, but I could not be happier. The 2016 has all the great styling, great gas mileage and performance of the 2015, but with all the rough edges smoothed off. I give Mazda credit for having the objectivity to understand and correct all the 2014/2015 shortcomings. I now love my Mazda 6."

One of the most beautiful cars on the road!

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Gorgeous, fun to drive, amazing gas mileage"

Cons: "Paint chips easily, road noise at times"

"My search for a new sedan took several months. I looked an nearly everything - the Toyota Avalon, the Honda Accord, Audi A4, Hyundai Sonata and Genesis, the Kia Optima, the Ford Taurus and Fusion - and even the Lincoln MKZ. I just felt like I was settling with all of them; either the price was too high, the cost of ownership was crazy, or the design was just boring... I was nearly ready to just give up and go with some SUV (that the wife wanted), when a co-worker mentioned the new Mazda6. I hadn't even considered a Mazda - nor was I aware of what this car was like. So, I found a dealer that had a very lightly used 2014 model. And I fell in love at first sight. Exterior: The exterior of the car is absolutely gorgeous, from all 360 degrees. So many cars have an attractive profile, or front end - but just seem to drop the ball elsewhere; A goofy set of tail lights or boring sheet metal. I realize that looks are subjective (to a degree) - but I feel this car just hits all the marks and is one of the best looking vehicles on the road today - and I'm comparing it to all makes and models out there. I feel that if I were to take the Mazda badges off, most people would assume it was some high-end sports sedan made overseas. Interior: The interior keeps pace with the exterior design; I have the GT version with black leather seats with the accented red stitching. There is plenty of rear seat legroom and fits 3 car seats (two boosters and a full baby seat). Trunk space is also very large. The entire dash is a soft touch rubber material. There are just enough satin metal accents and texture contrasts to make things look both sporty and luxurious. The instrument cluster is centered perfectly and is bright and clear. Tech: I have the infotainment system, which includes a nice touch-screen display. I've heard some complain about it's size being small compared to other makes and models in this class, but I just don't feel that having a larger display would necessarily make the experience any different or better. For one, it's nearly 6 inches - That's plenty large for me. Another reason, is that even though this is a touch screen, Mazda gives you a command dial (similar to those found in BMW's) right behind the shifter. I use this to control most of the features, since it's right there where my right hand rests normally. The navigation system is straightforward and easy to use - it's powered by TomTom - so you can update it yourself using the TomTom at Home software. The infotainment unit also includes Pandora, Sirius XM, HD Radio, bluetooth, USB and AUX. There is no DVD functionality, but I wasn't looking for that anyway. The Bose sound is fine (I'm not a huge Bose fan). Bluetooth audio quality is actually quite good - and so is the call quality. People don't complain about any echoes or quietness. What else? The heated seats are fast and HOT. Heated sideview mirrors are great. I have the adaptive radar cruise control, front collision breaking, blind spot warning, backup camera, bi-xenon HID adaptive headlights (they aim in the direction you turn) - it's got it all - well... it doesn't have a heated steering wheel, which would have been nice. Performance: The performance from the Skyativ 2.5L 4-cylinder, 6-speed power train is actually very good. It sounds great and is very quick to rev. Acceleration is not boring - especially with the paddle shifters - but it's not what I would call exhilarating either. It does 0-60 in a bit over 7 seconds, which is actually very good. My previous vehicle was a Grand Prix GTP with a supercharged 3.8L 6 cylinder - and it took 6.5 seconds. The Mazda doesn't feel like a typical 4 cylinder engine - it feels more like a 6 - and I think that is due to the good amount of torque provided. Would I trade more HP for a little less fuel economy? Maybe... Maybe not. This thing gets great gas mileage. I average about 32mpg, with a 60/40 highway/city split. On the interstate, I can get upwards of 40mpg average. I think that makes up for the .7 second longer sprint to 60 mph. Handling is fantastic. This thing feels like it's on rails when going around a sharp bend. There is very little body roll and it feels composed - even when you push it. The ride is firm - and with the 19" wheels road noises can be a bit loud at times - especially when driving on dirt roads. For this, I docked one mark. Quality: As for quality, this car is great - but I have a couple gripes. The rubber seals around the doors tend to stick to the metal when it's cold, and the rubber will pull off the small mounting rivet. It can be put back with little effort (a small flat blade screwdriver), but this shouldn't happen. Another is the thickness of the exterior paint; It is very easy to chip - especially on the front of the car. I feel Mazda could have used a better hardener in their process to help avoid this issue. For these issues, I docked a point."

A Car with Soul and Style

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Tremendous value, Intangibles, Luxury feel"

Cons: "Base models lack i-Loop and Tech Pkdg Options"

"Mazda has done something that few in the mid-size sedan segment have done, namely- integrate production,design and function to create a unique car and driver experience. An almost premium luxury sedan feel in a sedan firmly priced at the mid-range. Handling and road feel are firm and balanced. Power is solid and fuel efficiency is excellent for a car in its class. Styling is exciting, but still provides excellent ergonomics and driver visibility. The cabin is spacious and the interior is classic and simple. Noise levels are low, though additional sound isolation would enhance the overall driving experience."

my favorite mazda

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Elegant styling, gas effecient, excellent features"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPhone compatibility could be improved."

"We bought our 2015 Touring in crystal blue with Bose & moon roof in Oct 2014. I've had my eye on this car since Mazda came out with the new design. It's a beautiful car. We've been driving Mazdas for awhile - 1995 Mazda MX3, 2001 Tribute, and 2011 Mazda3. The 2015 Mazda6 is our favorite car (we've owned a few Nissan's too)! We live in the Wash, DC area and now my 45 minute commute is enjoyable! I love driving this car. Yes, a manual transmission would've been preferred, but it wasn't practical with the DC commute. This car drives smoothly, is beautiful to look at and only sips gas. We drive from Virginia to DC everyday and we only fill up this car around 1.5 weeks. Braking is smooth, acceleration is just right for our needs. For its size, its a very agile car. The trunk is huge - we've already hauled large sheets of wood from the store. Never really needed extra bells and whistles, but now I can't imagine buying another car without all the safety cameras/sensors the Mazda6 came with."

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Price, styling inside and out, fun to drive"

Cons: "It could be quiter at hwy speeds"

"This car is absolutely beautiful, people usually guess the price is about 10K higher than it actually is. It drives like a sports car, has decent power and it is one of the last sedans you can still get with a manual. Only drawback is that is not as quiet inside at hwy speeds as it could be."

Feels like a luxury car!

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesomely fun to drive, comfortable, convenient"

Cons: "Small side door storage pockets"

"This car is amazing. I wanted something with more personality than a Camry or Accord, and had been looking at Audis, Lexuses, and other luxury cars. This car feels like a bridge between mid-size sedans and their luxury cousins. Awesome features, great comfort, class-leading handling. Luxury-feel in every way but price. It's perfect. It's sleek and aggressively styled; I've gotten several compliments from strangers. Interior is just as good; nothing feels cheap. The transmission is amazingly smooth and it's really got some serious kick. I test drove a V6 Camry, and it would kick into higher gear and get some power, but it did it with a rough hesitant jerk and it jumped gears. This car doesn't do that, ever. It's very comfortable with a smooth, quiet ride and lots of leg room for passengers. The trunk is huge and doesn't have any weird curves or edges. My large golf bag fits straight back or sideways. The back seats fold down flat, which is nice and was a strong knock against the Accord which for some unexplainable reason don't fold down at all. Gas mileage is great, pushing 40 mpg, which is especially impressive given how sporty the car is. Doesn't hurt that Mazda was just recognized by KBB as the Best Brand for 5-year cost to own. Beyond the styling and interior, the tech features in particular make the Mazda 6 feel like a luxury car. Automatic windshield wipers and headlines with auto brights. Lane watch and blind spot monitoring work great and help prevent me from doing anything stupid. The assisted cruise control in the Grand Touring tech package works like a charm, making it so I don't have to constantly come out of cruise control whenever I come up on a slower car. It smoothly slows down to a set follow-distance until the lane is clear. Some reviewers were concerned about the large tires causing a rougher ride. I didn't notice this. Maybe if you were used to a huge truck or something, you would feel that, but I didn't. The biggest knock against the Mazda 6 I've seen has been the touch display system in the front. Everything has worked fine for me and the system seems pretty intuitive and easy to use. The touch screen buttons seems slightly laggy though, and I think some other cars have bigger displays if that's important to you. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the car. After some serious research on Toyotas, Accords, VWs, and Lexuses among others -- including several test drives -- I am convinced I made the best choice."

Nice Family car for long trips

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "No motion sickness, great auto transmission"

Cons: "Interior Lights can kill battery"

"This car keeps everyone in my family happy. My wife and sons don't get motion sickness on winding roads like all the other cars we have tried and its fun to drive. I'm not sure what Mazda has done to the suspension that's different from all the other midsize cars (we tried everything from Ford, Kia, Toyota and Honda) but it's the only car that doesn't make my wife motion sick. The suspension is slightly stiffer than the Kia, Toyota, Honda but softer than the Ford. The interior noise is slightly more than the Honda but not by much. The automatic transmission is the best I have driven in any car of any type. It is smooth shifting quiet and quick. After it learns your driving (a couple hundred miles, I know because it looses its settings after the battery goes dead, see con section below) it seems it's never in the wrong gear. The manual mode is great too and allows very precise and quick shifts which allows precise engine breaking for long down slopes. The car handles the curves nicely without being too harsh or rolling too much and the breaking is smooth and linear and handles dry roads to slick ice well. The steering has the best driver feedback of all the current midsize cars. On long stretches of highway the car seems to glide along effortlessly but never puts you to sleep. The blind spot monitoring system and backup monitoring is brilliant. Its never obtrusive and extremely reliable and it definitely adds an extra layer of safety to everyday driving without being annoying. The interior is exactly like I like it simple, clean and convenient. Modern Hondas are exactly the opposite, with lots of very complicated and confusing controls, so if you like Honda interiors you will probably dislike the Mazda 6 interior and vice-versa. Fuel economy in my car is entirely dependent on the driver. It never gets bad economy but it can get amazing economy. My Brother drives like the police are chasing him and gets about 26mpg but on long trips I can drive it gently and get 45mpg easily, my wife gets about 33mpg average. The cars fuel monitor is almost exactly 9% pessimistic in my car reporting 9% less mpg than I actually get. I keep a log of every fill-up and its always consistent. The interior is roomy even with two car seats an adult can sit in the back comfortably and the two front seats keep plenty of leg room for anyone under 6 feet tall. My friend who is 6'4" cannot fit comfortably in the drivers seat but another who is 6'1" can. I'm 5'9" and I fit great, my wife is 4'11" and she fits great. So I can't recommend the car for a driver who is much over 6' tall but even very short drivers like my wife fit great with great visibility. Cons: The automatic cabin light system can drain the battery. My sons love to play with any buttons they can find and there are several ways to turn on the cabin lights so that they stay on continuously which will drain the battery if your not careful, everything else in the car shuts off after a while just not the cabin lights in specific modes. A good design is like Fords I have owned, they shut off everything accidentally left on after an hour or so. Also the I-drive knob (or some other such stupid name) between the passenger and driver seats is stupid and useless but at least its not intrusive, everyone simply ignores it. My wife doesn't like the sound of the trunk when it closes she says it sounds cheap. The other doors sound nice when you close them."

Pizza Delivery :D

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, LED headlights, gas mileage"

Cons: "Tiny things, steering wheel leather fades quickly"

"I actually owned a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport from May to December of 2014. Once I saw the Grand Touring model on the street, I traded it in within a month for it. Since getting my GT in mid December of 2014, I have put almost 20,000 miles on my car. I actually delivery pizza and I couldn't think of a better car to drive every day, I love it. I get so many compliments, people thinking the car costs $40K< and turns so many heads even though the car has almost been out for 2 years. I can't think of a single complaint about this car, everything about it is perfect."

You won't be sorry with this gorgeous car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun, gorgeous, thrifty and all sport"

Cons: "Noisy on a rough road, hard to get in and out"

"I've owned this vehicle about 5 months now and have a second car so it doesn't get a ton of miles on it. But, every time I take it out for a drive, I enjoy myself. The car could probably use a few more horsepower to be a super driver, but it also gets great gas mileage. I don't really feel its underpowered, I would say its adequately powered for most situations. No, you won't scream from the stoplight, but it has sprightly acceleration and its smooth. When you need to speed up on the highway, you simply go faster without any harsh transmission kicks. I used the cruise control on a mountain pass and you literally could not feel the switches in RPM's and shifts. The Bose stereo option is excellent. Everything in the car is where you expect it to be and of good quality although I'm not in love with the look or feel of the headlight and wiper arms on the steering wheel. I've had much more expensive sport sedans and this is on a par with all of them. It is a perfect mix of fun to drive with a great value and great gas mileage on regular to boot. It is a long time between fill ups. One other minor gripe is as a tall guy, it isn't an easy car to get in and out of, being so low to the ground and I have to watch my head on the door too, but once in, I'm very comfortable for a long drive."

Bought the car to replace a 7 yr old Pacifica

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, sound system, handling, styling"

Cons: "Seats could be a little wider at the shoulders"

"We had owned Mazda autos before so buying the Mazda6 Grand Touring was like coming home. The Mazda6 is a load of fun to drive much like the Mazda3S that we had before. Steering is light yet responsive. Acceleration is good when in Auto but much better when using the shift paddles on the steering. The 11 speaker sound system is amazing and the tonal range is outstanding. The seats are heated and comfortable. The radio is also Navigation and phone. the large touch screen is to navigate and as a safety feature is locked out to minimize playing with the Navigation while driving, a feature my wife loves. We have the Almond interior and we replaced the headrest with ones that have a DVD system in them. I found a local upholstery shop able to match the interior color and texture. The 184 hp engine (while not a muscle car) responses very well when the gas is pushed. I have found that in manual mode and shifting at 4000 rpm, the Mazda6 gets up to highway speed very quickly. We have absolutely no regrets on purchasing this vehicle. We offered my daughter a new car when we bought ours, but we were told that her car (Mazda3S hatchback 2004 model) had better be at home when she came back from studies in Japan. I guess you can say we as a family enjoy our Mazdas."

Beautiful design on this Mazda 6

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Very refined, great ride/handling,beautiful design"

Cons: "lack of horsepower, lack of leg room, nav screen"

"Was able to spend a few hours driving this car, which is owned by a close friend. It's probably the best looking car in this mid-size class. It's really an amazing looking car. Was able to drive the car around town and 85mph interstate speeds. The quality and fit and finish are great. The car feels and drives like it's built very high quality. When compared to the new Accords it feels much tighter and better engineered (I personally own a '15 accord lx). The ride quality is fantastic and road noise is minimal. It handles great. It handles and rides better than the new camry. The cons: it feels under powered--won't thrill you in any way. Power is what I'd call just adequate. The leg room both up front and in the rear will be bad for anyone much over 6ft tall. This car is just not engineered for taller drivers or passengers trust me. It's a beautiful car(especially in red). It drives and feels wonderfully refined and smooth. With another 60-70 HP this would be a near perfect vehicle (excluding drivers much over 6ft tall. Quality is on par or better than Toyota and hugely better than the new Hondas."

Nicest car I have owned

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, blind spot warning"

"Have enjoyed owning this car. About 20 more HP would be nice, but overall a good value. I am hearing impaired and enjoy the quiet interior. Many complain about the 19 inch wheels. I had my dealer swap out to the 17 inch wheels for a $150 charge. Now I have the Touring comforts with a smoother ride. By all means, ask the dealer to swap the wheels if you want a quieter ride. Most will not offer this but will do it for little or no charge. Blind spot warning lights are great for those of us who are >55 and can't always twist our necks as far as we once could."

Reliable and great value!! [Crash Tested!]

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive(seriously...), Safe, Quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made center console/divider"

[The rims come standard in silver, not black. These are Plasti-dipped]

"After owning this car for about 10 months, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with this car overall! Originally, I was planning on buying the 2013-2014 Ford Fusion. While researching the car, I came across a comparison on Youtube between the Fusion and the 2014 Mazda 6. I fell in love with it instantly!! I purchased the car at the end of December of 2013. Here are some quick specs: 2014 Mazda 6 i-Touring 6-speed Manual [Black] So far, after almost a year, this car has not disappointed me. I took a road trip to Georgia earlier this year-from Virginia- and was averaging 37mpg!! Though only advertised at 25mpg in the city, I get around 32mpg; And i live in the suburbs. The design of this car is impeccable. I've received many glances and comments. I even have had people walk up to my car in the parking lot to get a closer look at it. In April, I unfortunately collided with a deer on the going about 55-60 mph . The driver side airbag deployed and I walked away from the incident with only a small bruise from my seat-belt. After about $8,000 in repairs, the car is still running just as strong and hasn't given me any problems since then. My one and only gripe about this car is the center console/divider is cheaply made. With very little pressure, the whole thing wiggles a bit. Also one of the bolts on the armrest came loose so i'm getting that fixed this weekend. Overall, hands down, I would recommend this car to anyone and everyone! It has amazing value and tons of options for the money. It's also very safe and I would feel safe putting my baby cousins in it. Summary: Sporty looks and handling, Safe, Reliable, Quiet interior, Head-turner, Incredible Torque for a 4 cylinder (thanks to 13:1 compression ratio), and overall just a well made car under $30k!! A must buy!"

[The rims come standard in silver, not black. These are Plasti-dipped]

My take after a 3000 mile road trip

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "MPG,"

Cons: "Poor Shift programming at low speed. Radio design"

"Overall I like this car, I am 6'2" 200 (athletic) and the seats are a bit small, especially on upper back. My wife and I took this car a 3000 mile road trip and averaged 40 mpg and it was comfortable. When I purchased the car I got the big rims with the low profile tires . . . wife hated the ride and refused to drive or ride in it. Dealer swapped out the tires and saved my marriage . . much better ride. The car is gas mileage oriented so you will never be in the power band when you want quick pickup. At 10 mph you are in 3rd gear, press the gas and no one's home. Press hard and traction control takes over and it's whoa, slow down cowboy, not going to let you do that. I miss the days when your foot was connected to a carburetor by a direct cable and the car did what you asked of it. Now I turn off the traction control and use the paddle downshift when I need power. . . that works. The radio has nice sound and 3 banks of presets (5 p/bank) but switching from bank 1 to 2 requires fumbling about and taking your eyes off the road . . .very bad design. Feeling like I got snookered paying 30k. . .will not keep this car long term."

Great car but narrow front seats

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Overall, a great car."

Cons: "Driver's side front seat too narrow."

"Just leased a Gran Touring model last week. The car is red, gets lots of positive comments when people see it. It has all the tech options available and this car has a lot of value for the money. The pick up is good, ride is a bit stiff, but this is expected with the sporty character of the car. Interior space is very good, especially in the rear seats. With the rear seats down, the storage space is great. So far, the only negative I have is that I find the drivers seat to be uncomfortable. I am 6 ft, 180 lbs, not what I consider a big guy. My problem with the seat is that it is too narrow. Maybe it will soften with use, but for now, I'll have to use a pillow."

Great pick up w the this car

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Gas miles, pick up when entering highway."

"I had a mazda3 which had 80K on it and it was time for something bigger. This car has great room inside and a very large trunk. Love the backup camera and sensors in mirrors so you can see people. Only issue was when heavy rain the car almost shut down, but this issue was covered under warranty. You should take this car for a test drive for sure."

Elegant & sporty midsize sedan

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Looks, great value, comfort"

Cons: "Lack of power, Center display"

"This car has a beautiful design from every angle, it also has a a expensive look for an affordable vehicle and best of all it is not en every other driveway or parking space. it lacks power but it is such a gas saver that I'm willing to compromise. I got the Red Soul Touring with the moonroof package which includes the Bose 11 speaker system. I opted for the wheat interior leatherette which contrasts with the black paneling inside and it creates a cool contrast. The standard 19 inch wheels, and the double exhaust make this car look very sporty. I find the radio and back camera display small and not up to par with the competition also many of the interior materials feel cheap but overall this is a great option for a midsize car."

Traded in my Audi

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, features, gas mileage, zoom-zoom"

"Traded in my Audi A4 because I needed more room as the family grows. I was pleasantly surprised at the driving experience; available features, roominess, comfort, power, and yes the gas mileage. Averaging 32mpg around town. Even though I enjoyed my Audi, the 2014 Mazda 6 has not disappointed me."

Awsome looking reliable car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Camera, 17", driving & handling, mpg, phone"

"I have been owning the car for two weeks now and its been serving me great. The Looks can't be beat, and getting 30/mph mix city and hgwy for a large sedan is awesome. The fact that its gets good mileage and accelerates fast is something that is not much found in other cars. I wish I had more options, but HD radio and rear view camera is ok too. Over all a good driving experience."

Fun to drive, quiet 4 cylinder engine, great MPG

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, very fun to drive, striking looks"

Cons: "small screen in infotainment center"

"This car is great fun to drive (like most Mazdas), has a surprisingly quiet 4 cylinder engine, is comfortable (although I haven't taken any long trips in it yet), and gets really great gas mileage, which is one of main reasons I bought it. I am getting 35.0 MPG in mixed driving, which I think is about the best you can do for a non-hybrid or non-electric mid size sedan. Plus, I think it's a very good looking car, esp, in the red. And you don't see all that many on the road like Accords and Camrys. Only negative is small screen in infotainment center. Overall a wonderful car, and I am very picky about the cars I buy."

2015 model too many steps back from 2007

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks, 185 hp, milage, ext design"

Cons: "Blind spots, int design, aud controls,"

"We bought the Mazda 6 for my wife to drive. She had the 2007 for 7 years and loved it. So our "pros and cons" are mostly based on a comparison. She's a shorter person (5'3") and it can be hard to find a car that gives her good visibility out over the hood and back through your blind spots. This was our first priority in shopping both times. The 2015 meets the visibility forward test but after a few months of driving we've both found that the blind spots are huge. The shape and design of the windows and position of the seats create larger than average gaps where you can't see over your shoulders. The 2007 M6 had awesome interior design- great use of space for storage and cubbies and great vent design for the A/C. The 15 has done away with most all of that. The front doors have ONLY a drink holder space for storage; there's wasted space for audio controls in the center consol; the center arm rest is tiny; the visors are tiny; it's hard to get the air vents positioned effectively. AUDIO The IPOD hookup is nice... but it always starts playing the first song on your IPOD instead of what you were listening to last! And we paid for the BOSE sound system upgrade. I'm a musician and audiophile and I'm completely unimpressed with the sound. It's nice to have a more modern car- the HP is good, the MPG is good, and it is fun to drive. We compared the Mazda 6 to the Ford Fusion and the Hyundai Sonata. We'll get used to the drawbacks of the design on the Mazda, but we're both starting to think we should have gone with one of the others..."

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."