2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,824 - $21,389.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Bought the car to replace a 7 yr old Pacifica

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, sound system, handling, styling"

Cons: "Seats could be a little wider at the shoulders"

"We had owned Mazda autos before so buying the Mazda6 Grand Touring was like coming home. The Mazda6 is a load of fun to drive much like the Mazda3S that we had before. Steering is light yet responsive. Acceleration is good when in Auto but much better when using the shift paddles on the steering. The 11 speaker sound system is amazing and the tonal range is outstanding. The seats are heated and comfortable. The radio is also Navigation and phone. the large touch screen is to navigate and as a safety feature is locked out to minimize playing with the Navigation while driving, a feature my wife loves. We have the Almond interior and we replaced the headrest with ones that have a DVD system in them. I found a local upholstery shop able to match the interior color and texture. The 184 hp engine (while not a muscle car) responses very well when the gas is pushed. I have found that in manual mode and shifting at 4000 rpm, the Mazda6 gets up to highway speed very quickly. We have absolutely no regrets on purchasing this vehicle. We offered my daughter a new car when we bought ours, but we were told that her car (Mazda3S hatchback 2004 model) had better be at home when she came back from studies in Japan. I guess you can say we as a family enjoy our Mazdas."

Beautiful design on this Mazda 6

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Very refined, great ride/handling,beautiful design"

Cons: "lack of horsepower, lack of leg room, nav screen"

"Was able to spend a few hours driving this car, which is owned by a close friend. It's probably the best looking car in this mid-size class. It's really an amazing looking car. Was able to drive the car around town and 85mph interstate speeds. The quality and fit and finish are great. The car feels and drives like it's built very high quality. When compared to the new Accords it feels much tighter and better engineered (I personally own a '15 accord lx). The ride quality is fantastic and road noise is minimal. It handles great. It handles and rides better than the new camry. The cons: it feels under powered--won't thrill you in any way. Power is what I'd call just adequate. The leg room both up front and in the rear will be bad for anyone much over 6ft tall. This car is just not engineered for taller drivers or passengers trust me. It's a beautiful car(especially in red). It drives and feels wonderfully refined and smooth. With another 60-70 HP this would be a near perfect vehicle (excluding drivers much over 6ft tall. Quality is on par or better than Toyota and hugely better than the new Hondas."

Nicest car I have owned

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, blind spot warning"

"Have enjoyed owning this car. About 20 more HP would be nice, but overall a good value. I am hearing impaired and enjoy the quiet interior. Many complain about the 19 inch wheels. I had my dealer swap out to the 17 inch wheels for a $150 charge. Now I have the Touring comforts with a smoother ride. By all means, ask the dealer to swap the wheels if you want a quieter ride. Most will not offer this but will do it for little or no charge. Blind spot warning lights are great for those of us who are >55 and can't always twist our necks as far as we once could."

Reliable and great value!! [Crash Tested!]

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive(seriously...), Safe, Quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made center console/divider"

[The rims come standard in silver, not black. These are Plasti-dipped]

"After owning this car for about 10 months, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with this car overall! Originally, I was planning on buying the 2013-2014 Ford Fusion. While researching the car, I came across a comparison on Youtube between the Fusion and the 2014 Mazda 6. I fell in love with it instantly!! I purchased the car at the end of December of 2013. Here are some quick specs: 2014 Mazda 6 i-Touring 6-speed Manual [Black] So far, after almost a year, this car has not disappointed me. I took a road trip to Georgia earlier this year-from Virginia- and was averaging 37mpg!! Though only advertised at 25mpg in the city, I get around 32mpg; And i live in the suburbs. The design of this car is impeccable. I've received many glances and comments. I even have had people walk up to my car in the parking lot to get a closer look at it. In April, I unfortunately collided with a deer on the going about 55-60 mph . The driver side airbag deployed and I walked away from the incident with only a small bruise from my seat-belt. After about $8,000 in repairs, the car is still running just as strong and hasn't given me any problems since then. My one and only gripe about this car is the center console/divider is cheaply made. With very little pressure, the whole thing wiggles a bit. Also one of the bolts on the armrest came loose so i'm getting that fixed this weekend. Overall, hands down, I would recommend this car to anyone and everyone! It has amazing value and tons of options for the money. It's also very safe and I would feel safe putting my baby cousins in it. Summary: Sporty looks and handling, Safe, Reliable, Quiet interior, Head-turner, Incredible Torque for a 4 cylinder (thanks to 13:1 compression ratio), and overall just a well made car under $30k!! A must buy!"

[The rims come standard in silver, not black. These are Plasti-dipped]

My take after a 3000 mile road trip

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "MPG,"

Cons: "Poor Shift programming at low speed. Radio design"

"Overall I like this car, I am 6'2" 200 (athletic) and the seats are a bit small, especially on upper back. My wife and I took this car a 3000 mile road trip and averaged 40 mpg and it was comfortable. When I purchased the car I got the big rims with the low profile tires . . . wife hated the ride and refused to drive or ride in it. Dealer swapped out the tires and saved my marriage . . much better ride. The car is gas mileage oriented so you will never be in the power band when you want quick pickup. At 10 mph you are in 3rd gear, press the gas and no one's home. Press hard and traction control takes over and it's whoa, slow down cowboy, not going to let you do that. I miss the days when your foot was connected to a carburetor by a direct cable and the car did what you asked of it. Now I turn off the traction control and use the paddle downshift when I need power. . . that works. The radio has nice sound and 3 banks of presets (5 p/bank) but switching from bank 1 to 2 requires fumbling about and taking your eyes off the road . . .very bad design. Feeling like I got snookered paying 30k. . .will not keep this car long term."

Great car but narrow front seats

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Overall, a great car."

Cons: "Driver's side front seat too narrow."

"Just leased a Gran Touring model last week. The car is red, gets lots of positive comments when people see it. It has all the tech options available and this car has a lot of value for the money. The pick up is good, ride is a bit stiff, but this is expected with the sporty character of the car. Interior space is very good, especially in the rear seats. With the rear seats down, the storage space is great. So far, the only negative I have is that I find the drivers seat to be uncomfortable. I am 6 ft, 180 lbs, not what I consider a big guy. My problem with the seat is that it is too narrow. Maybe it will soften with use, but for now, I'll have to use a pillow."

Great pick up w the this car

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Gas miles, pick up when entering highway."

"I had a mazda3 which had 80K on it and it was time for something bigger. This car has great room inside and a very large trunk. Love the backup camera and sensors in mirrors so you can see people. Only issue was when heavy rain the car almost shut down, but this issue was covered under warranty. You should take this car for a test drive for sure."

Elegant & sporty midsize sedan

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Looks, great value, comfort"

Cons: "Lack of power, Center display"

"This car has a beautiful design from every angle, it also has a a expensive look for an affordable vehicle and best of all it is not en every other driveway or parking space. it lacks power but it is such a gas saver that I'm willing to compromise. I got the Red Soul Touring with the moonroof package which includes the Bose 11 speaker system. I opted for the wheat interior leatherette which contrasts with the black paneling inside and it creates a cool contrast. The standard 19 inch wheels, and the double exhaust make this car look very sporty. I find the radio and back camera display small and not up to par with the competition also many of the interior materials feel cheap but overall this is a great option for a midsize car."

Traded in my Audi

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, features, gas mileage, zoom-zoom"

"Traded in my Audi A4 because I needed more room as the family grows. I was pleasantly surprised at the driving experience; available features, roominess, comfort, power, and yes the gas mileage. Averaging 32mpg around town. Even though I enjoyed my Audi, the 2014 Mazda 6 has not disappointed me."

Awsome looking reliable car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Camera, 17", driving & handling, mpg, phone"

"I have been owning the car for two weeks now and its been serving me great. The Looks can't be beat, and getting 30/mph mix city and hgwy for a large sedan is awesome. The fact that its gets good mileage and accelerates fast is something that is not much found in other cars. I wish I had more options, but HD radio and rear view camera is ok too. Over all a good driving experience."

Fun to drive, quiet 4 cylinder engine, great MPG

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, very fun to drive, striking looks"

Cons: "small screen in infotainment center"

"This car is great fun to drive (like most Mazdas), has a surprisingly quiet 4 cylinder engine, is comfortable (although I haven't taken any long trips in it yet), and gets really great gas mileage, which is one of main reasons I bought it. I am getting 35.0 MPG in mixed driving, which I think is about the best you can do for a non-hybrid or non-electric mid size sedan. Plus, I think it's a very good looking car, esp, in the red. And you don't see all that many on the road like Accords and Camrys. Only negative is small screen in infotainment center. Overall a wonderful car, and I am very picky about the cars I buy."

2015 model too many steps back from 2007

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks, 185 hp, milage, ext design"

Cons: "Blind spots, int design, aud controls,"

"We bought the Mazda 6 for my wife to drive. She had the 2007 for 7 years and loved it. So our "pros and cons" are mostly based on a comparison. She's a shorter person (5'3") and it can be hard to find a car that gives her good visibility out over the hood and back through your blind spots. This was our first priority in shopping both times. The 2015 meets the visibility forward test but after a few months of driving we've both found that the blind spots are huge. The shape and design of the windows and position of the seats create larger than average gaps where you can't see over your shoulders. The 2007 M6 had awesome interior design- great use of space for storage and cubbies and great vent design for the A/C. The 15 has done away with most all of that. The front doors have ONLY a drink holder space for storage; there's wasted space for audio controls in the center consol; the center arm rest is tiny; the visors are tiny; it's hard to get the air vents positioned effectively. AUDIO The IPOD hookup is nice... but it always starts playing the first song on your IPOD instead of what you were listening to last! And we paid for the BOSE sound system upgrade. I'm a musician and audiophile and I'm completely unimpressed with the sound. It's nice to have a more modern car- the HP is good, the MPG is good, and it is fun to drive. We compared the Mazda 6 to the Ford Fusion and the Hyundai Sonata. We'll get used to the drawbacks of the design on the Mazda, but we're both starting to think we should have gone with one of the others..."

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."

Best sedan out there

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, MPG, Horsepower, Look"

"I bought this care after researching almost every other sedan on the road. For a car of this size, it has top MPG while also having a top ranking in horsepower. The car looks awesome from the outside and is extremely responsive. The only other car I even considered buying was the Mazda3, but I have only owned a Honda Accord before this and had no history with Mazdas. Very impressed."

Great gas milage

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, great power, looks great"

Cons: "resale value (?) front seats need to be redesigned"

"Fun to drive with the exception of the seats, they are uncomfortable, they hug me more than I like. I have to adjust the seat backwards in order to get out of the car. I was told by my sellsman that Madza's hold more of their value than American cars. MSRP on mine $30K, paid $26K. According to KBB it's only worth $19K trade in, $21.6K private party sell with only 5K miles on it. That translates into $.88 cent a mile for depreciation, (private party sell). That's not good in my book."

Best Value

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"I replaced a 2004 Mazda6, with a 2015 Mazda6 GT w/tech package. I swore that I would never buy another Mazda. But I could not pass this car up. The looks, equipment, mileage and overall ride of the car for the money was like a dream come true. I have taken in on a couple of road trips and have gotten over 40 mpg. My average is in the low 30's, which is 7-8 better than my old Mazda."

Wow.....

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and Great Drive"

Cons: "Nothing at all."

"I own this car since last 2 weeks and this is my first car in the USA as I moved to USA last month only.I fell in love with this car on my test drive. There is nothing to hate about this car. it's got everything what I asked for. Performance,quality interior,good MPG (around 40 without ieLoop). Buying one more car in years time and def.. it will be Mazda CX9 (need a big suv)"

BEST ,BEST

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "GOOD"

Cons: "GOOD"

"VERY GOOD"

comparing to it's price, M6 is the best

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Top quality"

Cons: "nothing"

"i own Maz6, and i love it, i've been driving cars since 2002 i tried more than 30 different cars some i own and some i rent. Maz6 got me satisfied. there are so many cars better in specs but nothing in the same price. (Proud to own a mazda 6)."

First time owning a Mazda vehicle- Mazda 6 Touring

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamic"

Cons: "Road noise, could use extra 15-20 horse power"

"I was deciding between the 2014 Accord or 2014 Mazda 6. I went with the Mazda because of it good look and dynamic driving characteristic. The Mazda 6-speed automatic transmission was way better than the Accord CVT transmission while getting nearly identical MPG. The Mazda is fun to drive. I wish I could get the Touring model with 17 inch tires instead of 19 to improve ride quality. On rough road, there is definitely more noises coming into the cabin. The A/C vents are a little low on the dash. The safety electronics like Lane Departure Warning take little getting use to but it works well. The reversing camera lack trajectory guide but works well even in dim light condition. The power driver seat is very comfortable with great lumbar support. The driver left side arm rest is a little low and not wide enough. Rear visibility is a little narrow due to low roof line and high front head rest. The Sound system is good but not great. The Ipod integration take WAY TOO LONG to be recognized. HD radio is clear but signal can drop off sometimes. Blue tooth pairing is easy. Voice command is a nice features but not very useful. Rear seat is supportive and can fit 3 comfortably. The trunk is smaller than most cars in this category but the trunk liner make it look nice. 60-40 rear spit seat make it easy to carry longer cargo items."

Great look and drive, poor infotainment

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Design, great price, great drive"

Cons: "Infotainment, infotainment, infotainment"

"I just bought the Mazda 6 iSport Automatic yesterday, so I'm obviously only going off of one day of driving, but within this one day, I think I have a fairly good handle on the things I love and don't love about this car. First of all, I love the way this car looks and drives. Gorgeous vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Camry because, honestly, I didn't love the way it looked. It drove well, and was/is a reliable vehicle that gave me no problems, but it was not the most visually appealing car. I'm 23-years-old and wanted a car that looked sexy, and the Mazda 6 delivered on that. The all-black interior feels extremely luxurious. The interior is especially great for people with dogs as it hides stains/paw prints really well. The shape of the car is beautiful-- nice and sporty. The car also drives SO well. I would say in terms of drivability, the Mazda 6 comes out on top. My Camry drove great and smooth, but the Mazda 6 is no comparison. It's speedy, handles turns well, and overall is just a better drive. With that said, my biggest gripe with the Mazda 6 is the infotainment system. TERRIBLE. Literally, the worst thing I have ever used. And before purchasing the vehicle I assumed it was so slow because I was going through the initial set up-- NOPE. It's slow ALL THE TIME. The bluetooth system takes roughly 30 seconds to a minute to begin playing my music (it literally took milliseconds in the Camry). The USB/iPod port-- Good luck. You'll probably get to your destination before it finishes "reading iPod". I have roughly 3500 songs on my iPhone and it takes ~5 minutes EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE CAR to play my music. Again, this took milliseconds in the Camry. Literally the moment I attached my iPod in my Camry, my music was ready to play. So naturally, transitioning to this ridiculous excuse for an infotainment system was quite shocking. In addition to that, the infotainment system is so slow responding. If you press a button, the action happens roughly 2-3 seconds after you pressed the button. Want to skip a song? Hit skip... wait 2 seconds... song skips. It's incredibly irritating. With a car that is SO perfect in every other conceivable way, this subpar infotainment system is such a disappointment. While I still love the car and give it a 9/10... Mazda really needs to release an update that gets this system to the level of other vehicles. There are a ton of great features, but if it's too slow and takes too long, what's the point?"

Fun to drive! Great on Gas!!

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, quite, slick body, modern and FUN"

Cons: "No lock on glove compartment, Slow bluetooth, Navi"

"This car is a great car everything is accessable to the driver to where they dont have to take their eyes off the road. Its a very modern slick looking car, I get a lot of complements! The car is quite and has a nice ride that makes you feel in complete control. The draw backs are the connectivity of the bluetooth it takes up to 5 minutes at times. Hopefully there will be an update for it soon. The last negitive there is not lock on the glove box. Other than that an awesome car I love it!!"

Great car but a strugle for big people.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Ride, handling, breaks and styling."

Cons: "Headrest and seats, No bluetooth or backup camera"

"Issues: I have about a thousand miles on my 2015 Mazda 6 i Sport 6spd manual. I really like this car but it has been challenging finding a comfortable position in it. I'm 6'3" and 280 lbs. I know that isn't the car's fault but I have found it difficult to find a good compromise between sitting upright and adjusting the seat for leg room or leaning back and having to squeeze my legs to reach everything. The problem is when I sit upright the headrest shoves my head forward and kills my neck. If I recline the seat the headrest doesn't bother me but I have to slide the seat forward and my legs are uncomfortable and petals are awkward. I see many people complaining on the internet about headrests since 2008, google it if you’re interested. I think I have a good position now but if not I’m going to put the headrest in a vice and bend it. If this procedure should have complications, like I break the thing, a new OEM headrest is about forty bucks from Mazda. Other observations about the seats include, the height adjustment on the seat is hinged at the front and only adjusts the rear of the seat. The manual adjustment levers feel cheap. If you have broad shoulders the bolstering at the top of the seat back may bother you in some positions, at least until my mass squashes the foam into submission. Regretfully center consoles are unavoidable these days on all cars but Mazda have done a better job than most leaving room for tall peoples legs. By the way there is no way I could sit behind myself in this car, if you transport adults in the back and you’re my size this car is a no go. Despite all this wining I would buy this car again! Like: Now that I’m done complaining here is what I love about this car I like the looks of the car and there aren’t a lot of them on the road and I see people checking it out all the time. It’s peppy and fun to drive and that makes me smile when I drive it. The ride is taught but not harsh I know this is a matter of opinion but I think they got it just right. The engine is smooth and loves to be wound up. The steering is precise, the shifter is crisp and the brakes are great. I love the no nonsense interior everything is simple and easy to find and there is none of crazy George Jetson stuff you see in a lot of cars now. Mileage On my two fill ups thus far I got 32mpg on the first and 34mpg on the second both listed my average speed at 34 MPH. I am about 50/50 highway city and here in the DC area even the highway is stop and go. I am very pleased with this mileage."

Best Family/Sport Sedan on the Market

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Looks, Impressive Interior, Price"

Cons: "USB & Ipod take forever to load"

"I have the 2015 Mazda6 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof Pkg in liquid silver. Have only had the car for a few months, but I'm very impressed so far! I averaged 39mpg on 2 of my most recent trips with the cruise set at 75. I thought it may be a tad underpowered initially (my other car is an Infiniti G37xS coupe), but it's surprisingly quick around town and has good passing power on the highways. Interior fit and finish is nicer than most cars $10-15k more! I also considered the Honda Accord Sport, but found the Mazda6 to be the better buy with loads more standard features and sharper looks! I highly recommend this car to anyone shopping for a $25-30k car!"

Roomy, Great Looking, good value

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Many Great feature that you would find in more exp"

Cons: "Text Messaging does not work with Iphone."

"I have the 2015 Soul Red Grand Touring. Only had if for a few weeks Many Great feature that you would find in more expensive cars. smooth fun ride. great gas mileage. Not real excited about the Tom Tom Navigation. There is compatibility issue with the text message feature and IPhones. This was known with the 2014 model and Mazda is still working on a fix. I can't believe Mazda did not test this with the most popular cell phone in the world. The voice recognition is very flakey."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next