2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,706 - $20,437.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Beautifully designed sedan!!!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks!"

Cons: "GT model a bit pricey."

"Wow, where do I start...this car is awesome! If you want to be noticed without the high priced Audi, BMW or Mercedes, this car is it. Haven't found a negative yet about this car. Mazda has done a marvelous job to be in competition with Accord or Camry. I love the sporty look of the new 6, the design, interior, feel and fuel efficiency is by far the best in its class. I highly recommend this car if you are in search for a new sedan that is sporty and one that stands out. Sorry, Accord or Camry...MAZDA 6 has got you beat."

Test drove everything. Drove this, bought it!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Interior, Exterior, Technology, Unique"

Cons: "First year so reliability is a mystery."

"I have three kids and we just bought a Honda Odyssey, which we absolutely love! The van purchase negated any reason I had left to keep my 15 MPG 2007 Jeep Cherokee any longer. Bye bye Jeep! I have spent the last 6 months trying to determine what sedan to purchase. I drove EVERYTHING, multiple times. The accord felt "soft". Especially the V6. It was hella fast but you could feel the weight tugging down on the front end. Plus, the suspension was way too soft to handle that much power. The sport option is nice but you cant get nav or satellite. After looking for a used Infiniti G37 or Acura I decided to get practical and thought I wanted a EXL Civic. I drove one, enjoyed it and it had that sporty handling that the accord lacked. However, it came with a 23k price tag! As I left the Honda dealer, dissapointed, I spotted a brand new Mazda 6 at the neighboring dealer! This article came to mind and I decided to test drive the Touring model that had a touch screen, leatherette, and bluetooth. The price was the same as the Civic EXL. You just dont get real leather and sunroof. Anyway, driving this car completely made up my mind. I knew, without a doubt, that this was going to be my car. Out of curiosity, I wanted to sit in a GT to play with the nav and Bose system. The Bose system is superb and the real leather felt more upscale. I love the all black interior and the smaller nav screen. The inside is very simple compared to the competitions "spaceship" looking dashboards. Its like a combination between a Nissan and a BMW inside. So I opted for a Silver GT with all black interior. I even got the Mazda Adaptive Cruise Control that is very impressive. The dealer was selling this car for 29,000! For under 30k, I got exactly what I wanted and much more! To get the equivalent tech I would've had to get the 34k Honda Accord Touring with that heavy V6. Sure it wouldve been nice to be able to floor a v6 every once in a while but this Mazda is plenty quick and I do more steering than drag racing anyway. For me, you cant beat this car at this price. It handles like a TSX and looks like a Maserati. Visually, a very clean silver Mazda 6 with blacked out windows is absolutely stunning."

One impressive car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

"bought my Mazda6 i Grand Touring a month ago I love this car so much. Its got the NAV and Tech packages love the solid ride and performance more quieter and smooth drive gives me. Controls are simple using the styling is beautiful have all the comfort in seating position in bolstered seats includes heated seats. Interior fit and finish materials are the best everything works great in electronics from infotainment to Pandora capabilities. The 6i handles all the highways so well very fast with a powerful engine in its class. I have health issues as for my age the doctor tells me take it easily but doesn't stop me from having more fun with a great classy car I want to be independent as still driving not just that but enjoying a vehicle I have never owned or driven before. I love my Mazda 6i Grand Touring there are too many whistles and bells that was standard having with Technology package. I'm glad got a vehicle in safety ratings has blind spot warning, traffic crossing alert and very excellent highway response ever. Trunk is bigger and interior looks more upgraded have plenty of room it gives me luxury every time driving this car. Mazda has come a very long way on giving the 6i more luxury and hiking the price making vehicle even top of the line seems like a BMW on wheels and Cadillac driving inside of interior. I am a 68 year old man but never owned a import or a vehicle that had so much in class as too many new features on a midsize vehicle as Mazda great value everything."

Strong car, good power, fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, quality, power, great MPG"

Cons: "Poor basic speakers"

"I have a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Automatic. I have 3,000 miles on the car and have enjoied it so far. The car has a strong engine that sounds great when you get on it. I drove a 4cyl Camary that sounded like you were killing it. I have been doing 60/40 Highway/City and I am getting 33MPG. I have gotten up to 41 MPG just putting it on cruse at 60 on the highway. The car handels great and runs flat. You feel alot of the road communicated through the car which is good if you like to drive but bad if you want to be more comfortable. The car is overall comforable and has alot of room in the back for my two childern. The trunk is great allowing me to fold down my rear seats and fit a screen door in the box with only about 3 inches sticking out of the trunk. The only negitive to the car so far is the base stereo speakers. They work okay but you can really tell they are cheap. This is about the only thing on the car that seems cheap. If this car is as reliable as my old 2004 Camary was it will be a winner."

Loving my Mazda6!!!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and beautiful."

Cons: "None."

"I've had this car for nearly a year and have driven it 22,100+ miles. I have yet to find anything complain about. I LOVE the styling- it looks high end. It drives and handles so great (very responsive steering). The power and acceleration make you forget you're driving a 4 cylinder. The fuel economy is still good considering the power you get out of it. I'd recommend it to anyone!!"