2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,706 - $20,437.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

2014 Mazda 6=Simply Amazing

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Gasoline savings, Great roadtrip vehicle, comfy"

Cons: "obstructive blindspots and technology challenges"

"I have owned the vehicle for about 4 months and I am more than satisfied. Before owning this vehicle I was paying up to $250 per month in gasoline. My monthly budget indicates that I am saving over $100 dollars in gasoline. I drove the vehicle to Dallas, TX and I filled up twice and still had half a tank left on arrival to my final destination. However, the downfall for me would be the interior blind spot areas adjacent to the passenger side windows and the corner left/right frontal windshield views. At times I find it difficult to see my turns and blind spots clearly. The camera feature makes up for the high back end. In short, the panoramic view is lacking. My model also lacks the bells and whistles but I am sure the Grand Touring model is well worth the investment. In sum, if gas savings and longevity means anything to you as a car owner then it will be a great investment. I personally understand why the 2014 Mazda 6 won car of the year. I'm grateful and overwhelming satisfied. This car simply works for my lifestyle!"

Absolutely love this car.

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Styling hooked me, Mileage/Reliability sold me."

Cons: "Needs chrome wheel option. Going aftermarket."

"Looks fantastic. Low slung, aggressive front end. Liquid Silver paint is gorgeous. Several comparisons to a Jaguar. Painted 19in wheels are nice but chrome would have really set it off perfectly. More than enough power city or hwy. Quiet and smooth. Nice throaty exhaust sound when you get on it. 6 speed auto shifts smoothly up and down. Manual shift takes some practice but works just as good. Mileage averaging 34.4 in 80/20 hwy driving. Interior is comfortable, laid out very well. More room than my wifes Grand Marquis. Gauges/controls are easy to read/reach. Stereo system sounds great. Handles great, especially on curvy roads. Grips road verrry well. Ride is a little stiff at times depending on road condition. Little noisy on rough roads, quiet otherwise. Overall extremely satisfied with this car. Feels like driving a much more expensive sports car. Looked at Optima/Altima, stopped looking after test driving this."

Love this car!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"I'm in my 40s and was looking for a 4-door sedan in the 'Accord' price range, but wanted a sporty looking car that was fun to drive..I did not want the boring looking Accord or Camry, already had an Altima, was not impressed with the Kia Optima and did not want the Sonata that I see everywhere, more than snowbirds in Florida during winter... So what was my choice? The 2014 Mazda6! It's definitely a car for someone who is not in their 20s anymore but still has the 'drive' to drive a sporty and cool looking car, while not giving up the convenience of 4 doors and roomy interior. What a car! Already got several kudos from by-passers, one of them being 'this is truly a home run'! And better yet, I have only seen one other 2014 Mazda6 on the streets...It's still unique and it's definitely fashionable. get yours now!"

The 2016 Mazda 6 is far superior to the 2014/2015

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great styling, gas mileage and handling"

Cons: "None on the new 2016"

"I owned a 2015 Grand Touring Mazda 6 with the tech package and drove it for 15,000 miles. Overall it was a nice car with beautiful styling and excellent gas mileage. I also found the 4 cylinder engine to have more than adequate power/performance. However, the car had a few flaws. The navigation/infotainment system was easily 5 years behind the competition. The screen was small, the software was slow and clunky and the navigation screen looked like a 1980's Nintendo game. The front seats are a little too narrow and the padding is a little stiff. I found the seats to be acceptable but not comfortable. Overall the car handles reasonably well, but has some body roll when you first enter into a turn, which limits your confidence. In addition, the car has too much road noise, especially when driving on a concrete surface. The noise comes almost entirely from the tires, since wind and engine noise are nicely muted. Overall, I liked the car, but its flaws kept me from loving the car. I recently traded the 2015 for a new 2016 Grand Touring with tech package and what a difference. All of the above mentioned flaws have been corrected in the 2016. The 2016 has noticeably less road noise, less body roll in turns, the navigation/infotainment system is much better with a larger screen and updated software/performance, the seats are still narrow but much softer and more comfortable, it has a restyled dash that is better looking and a HUD (head up display) that projects your speed and other vital info onto your windshield (great feature not offered on the 2015). It cost me a few too many $ to trade, but I could not be happier. The 2016 has all the great styling, great gas mileage and performance of the 2015, but with all the rough edges smoothed off. I give Mazda credit for having the objectivity to understand and correct all the 2014/2015 shortcomings. I now love my Mazda 6."

Very impressed!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, handling, comfort, options, price"

Cons: "Fuel door under dash, window controls unlit"

"I now have 2K on my 2014 liquid silver M6. I have owned two previous M6,s a 2006 and a 2007 Speed 6. I paid 27K for the I-Touring package and felt that it was the best bang for the buck for me. The car handles great and rides very smooth handling bumps in the road rather smoothly along with aggressive cornering. I average 28.1 gallons per mile on 87,89,and 93 combined HWY and City, and tried them all to see if it increased the mileage at all and it did not. The acceleration of the 2.5 liter is adequate and I feel comfortable pulling out in traffic and passing. At the dealer I drove the 2013 C5 with the 2.0 and it was a dog on the road with terrible pickup to compare. As far as features the safety blind spot warning feature and the back up camera are great. They both alert you audibly and visibly when a moving vehicle is near you. I like the seats they are comfortable for a 6'2" guy with back issues with plenty of leg room and a telescoping steering wheel. Bose 11 speaker rocks with navigation and blue tooth for the phone no issues there either. My only gripes so far are rather minor that at night you cannot see the window controls because only the driver window control lights up. The gas cap release handle is hidden under the dash and the driver seat is two adjustable I-Touring only. Upgrade to the Grand Touring and you get 3 way adjusting seat sunroof and a few other technical features for about 4K more, but everything is subject to negotiation of course. My dealership would only go 1K below sticker so be patient and find a dealer that will work with you. Overall I am very happy with the car plenty of room huge trunk space great styling my kids love it and are comfortable in the back. Definitely worth taking a look at and test driving. Good Luck! Oh yea and the seat does go up and down so I can see out the windows just fine."