2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,561 - $20,336.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Great vehicle, amajor step up over the competition

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Looks, handling"

"Anyone who is thinking of a car in this class should definitely go out and try one. I got the GT model as a step up from my Mazda 3 and do not regret the change one bit. The GT model has all the bells and whistles and is more than capable in the handling and performance arena and so far with my mixed driving of city and hilly highways I am right around 31.5 mpg with one run of mainly highway seeing 37 mpg. The looks really made me do the deal, it really is a classy car on the interior and exterior."

The Best Mazda Sedan Ever!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "I have middle trim, leather seats but no heaters.."

"I'll start with this.. CVT transmissions are garbage.. it feels like driving a bus, so I was never attracted to low and even high end cars with those. I was looking for a sedan that had the looks and interior but, most importantly the car that would drive like a sports car, to match the looks with performance. I did lot of research before buying this car, looked at VW's, Honda, Toyota, and Ford.. Final decision was easy to make. I saw it at the dealer, test drove it and bought it with absolutely no regrets. Reason why I mentioned CVT's was because Mazda uses conventional 6 speed transmission and it is one of the BEST automatics I have ever driven. I had 15 cars before this one so I can judge based on my other experiences. I wish they had a Manual at the dealer when I bought mine, I was the first one in Maryland & DC to buy this car and only now I started seeing them on the road, it's almost June! Lots and lots of complements from other drivers. I do wish they had V6! I wish this had more horses but for what it is 2.5 4 cylinder engine, it's a fantastic car to drive. Love everything about it. Now, this is no BMW 3 series, but honestly there is no competition in its segment for cars under 30K. Don't buy anything else unless you test drive this! Thanks"

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

Best Japanese-made "German" mid-size car out there

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, price, reliability, fuel thrifty,ftd"

Cons: "None I can think of, really."

"I own a rare, hard to find 2014 Mazda 6 Touring 6Sp Manual (Yes, it does exist. Contrary to the "Build Your Own" at the Mazda USA website). The short throw shifter (I had a Honda manual before..they can't even touch this), mimics a Miata. It is a total BLAST to drive. It handles like no other Japanese car (in it's mid-size league), but near German in feel (prior ride was a Passat). It is a very fun-to-drive car. On my first fuel fill, I computed 38.8mpg 65/35 fwy/city. This car was the one of the 3 finalists of the World Car Design of 2013, the peers were the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Jaguar F-Type..this car in looks is in GREAT COMPANY!!!"