2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,852 - $20,431.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

I hate this car

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "quality, no storage inside,"

Cons: "color"

"After trading in my Cx-7 I now own a mazda 6 it is the most uncomfortable car I have ever been in. No quality was put in to this car. Being a passenger feeling like riding in a cardboard box. No thought was put into this car as to storage the center glove box the arm rest slide when you rest your arm on it..."

base model is awesome value, great car for the $!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "handling, poise, fuel economy, coef of drag"

Cons: "interior storage places, 16.6 gallon fuel tank"

"I bought it on a whim and overall I am very satisfied. Was going to buy a Camry or Accord, maybe, but this car at the base level is superior to the SE or other base models by the two makers, in my opinion, have driven both. I even looked at Ford Focus and Chevy Cruze models and when they are nicely appointed they are easily more than I paid for the 6. This car seems to hunker down on the highway the faster you go, like a German car, and is very poised and stiff and all of one piece in hard cornering, for a large FWD car. I have a mixed drive to work and I get 32mpg all the time easy. Best highway tank was 39.9 mpg and I am sure I can get 40 plus mpg with no traffic jams on a highway trip. Car never seems to work hard, engine is overachiever for 185 horsepower. Fast car when you really get on it and tell the computer "GO"!. Wish they had kept the 18.5 gallon tank from the previous model, 16.6 is too small for a car in this class. Seats are good, interior OK in base model but Mazda put the paddle shifters in all the cars, would cost almost nothing. Wish the key was smaller and lighter too, I do not like the new chip keys, too big and heavy. Important: the coefficient of drag (cd) of the car is .26, like a Prius, and I cannot believe Mazda does not advertize that! The relaxed gearing and cd means the car gets great MPG, but still goes fast when you wake up the computer and put your foot down. Low cd is super important at speeds over 50 mph, makes all the difference in the world. Overall a great car for the money, very agile for size. Car feels all of one piece, sturdy, light, people comment that it is a good looking car. Way better than an Accord or Camry, overall, in my opinion."

in Love!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Gorgeous, Reliable, Affordable"

Cons: ".... what cons??"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. I researched the Camry, Accord, Altima, and Mazda 6 before wisely deciding on the Mazda. I'm beyond happy with my purchase. Not only is this car fun and stylish, but it has all the features of a luxury car without the price tag."

Best car for price

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Truly fun to drive."

Cons: "Does not cook dinner or babysit kids"

"Why pay more?? I see so many Honda and Toyota drivers turning their heads as I drive by like "what IS that?" As those cars become more boring and generic, Mazda is rapidly changing for the better..at a more economical price. We only avg 20 mph but still getting 26.2 mpg."

Say goodbye to Ford, say hello to 100% Jpns qual.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Great options, mpg's, handling, comfort."

"I liked the test drive so much that I decided NOT to wait for the diesel/e-loop. As it stands, I am getting 31.5 MPG city and 45 highway anyway, so, maybe I made the right decision given the added expense of dies. fuel. All I can say is that the road feel and driving dynamics are comparable to more expensive sedans that I have owned in the past, yes, including my 2009 Audi S5! When I take the time to review, I always consider pricing, and this car is very well priced considering the options, mpg's, etc. Got the Black Mica, next one Soul Red. One for the both of us!"

There is nothing about this car I do not like.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This is a fun car to drive. It is smooth but not Maxima smooth. You feel the car and feel the road but in a good way. Gas mileage is great. I have the Grand Touring and am enjoying all the extra features like blind spot monitoring, backup camera and many more. It has features like a much more expensive car. This is an efficient and truly modern car."

Good value + fun to drive

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Great price, lots of room, fun to drive, good MPG"

Cons: "steering is light, needs some more power (for me)"

"I have the 2014 sport with 6sp manual. At 6'3" I fit very comfortably in the seats and have plenty of room. I got the black mica and had the dealer install full leather interior. The exterior style is eye catching and it drives like a car costing thousands more.The steering feel is a little light for my taste, but not that bad. The transmission is tight and exact with good feel. Extremely good value. My mileage numbers are around 28 for city driving and 37 for highway.. Go drive one now and decide for yourself!"

Great vehicle, amajor step up over the competition

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Looks, handling"

"Anyone who is thinking of a car in this class should definitely go out and try one. I got the GT model as a step up from my Mazda 3 and do not regret the change one bit. The GT model has all the bells and whistles and is more than capable in the handling and performance arena and so far with my mixed driving of city and hilly highways I am right around 31.5 mpg with one run of mainly highway seeing 37 mpg. The looks really made me do the deal, it really is a classy car on the interior and exterior."

Simply Awesome!!

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, unbelievable mileage, parking camera"

Cons: "less acceleration on uphills"

"I have had this i-sport automatic 4dr sedan car for 2 months, and my mileage is 2500 so far! The first thing that I noticed is the mileage. I am a bit cautious driver and I made the highway mileage reach to 38mpg on an average day (over a length of 80 miles, averaged over 10 times). If I am too cautious (like putting the car to neutral on slopes and not exceed 70mph), I can reach 40mpg. I usually believed that car companys lie on the mileage (because none of the almost new cars that I drove ever came close to the recommended mileage, e.g. ford fusion, toyota matrix). But this is impressive. On local driving (a length of 15 miles, averaged over 5-6 times), I achieved average 22-23mpg on automatic, and 26 on semi-automatic, not bad, huh? One thing I love about the car is the handling on sharp turns. On roads with sharp turns having 25mph limit, the car feels comfortable at 40, unlike toyota matrix and ford fusion (tried with both of them, almost new cars). The least attractive thing is the acceleration on uphill slopes. The car has tough time accelerating over 65mph on uphills, although that is a part of the deal for a car with 185HP. And it does not bother me, when I am getting 38mph on highways. Overall, before buying, test drive the car on roads with sharp turns. You won't be disappointed. Oh btw, it has a standard rear-view parking camera, for FREE!!!"

fun to own

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "all but tom tom"

Cons: "tom tom"

"love the car, love the gas mileage- 38.6 on 600 mile trip at 70 mph with a/c. Tom-Tom is lousy, put my old Garmin in the car to use instead. We got the GT, in all black and love everything else!!!!"

Beautifully designed sedan!!!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks!"

Cons: "GT model a bit pricey."

"Wow, where do I start...this car is awesome! If you want to be noticed without the high priced Audi, BMW or Mercedes, this car is it. Haven't found a negative yet about this car. Mazda has done a marvelous job to be in competition with Accord or Camry. I love the sporty look of the new 6, the design, interior, feel and fuel efficiency is by far the best in its class. I highly recommend this car if you are in search for a new sedan that is sporty and one that stands out. Sorry, Accord or Camry...MAZDA 6 has got you beat."

Cons: "Radio is average."

"I have the manual. It is FUN to spin around in. Great chassis, balance, transmission, build quality, seats ...and svelte enough to really get noticed. Gas mileage is 5 mpg better than my manual 2010 Accord coupe and the ride/ handling are much more refined. It drives better than the 2005 TSX I had and way less $. This car is unbelievable from a value perspective...and has razor sharp styling. The interior is simple (a good thing) and elegant, but could use a little better sound system. I look forward to my 17 mile city commute each day!"

Cons: "Radio is average."

Best car I've ever drove!!!

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "all pros you name it its a pro"

"I drive 65 miles one-way to work , I cannot wait to drive to work, and drive home ... This car makes it very enjoyable. I love to cruise control monitoring . The Bose stereo system is by far the best I ever heard . On gas is saving me about 120.00 a month compare to the Mazda6 sportI 2012 I had b4 ...The auto air conditioner , wipers , voice control, bluetooth with the phone by far the best . The clarity is extraordinary. The colors on the interior are great, I've got nothing but compliments , everyone wants one . ... no"

We made a Great pick!

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "gas, style, driver control, safety, bose system"

Cons: ".................................................."

"my wife and I got a brand new mazda6 touring package and its all that we thought it was. gas is the afterthought after driving this car around.do your research and I promise you wont find much better than this model car. the price and quality equal happiness for my family and I. this car looks better than any other car I see on the road today. the bose system is stellar and it sounds just as good as any system you may have installed elsewhere so its worth the package upgrade. my wife and I also love the rear camera for driving in reverse and the interior is very comfortable for bucket seats."

Exactly what I was looking for!

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Very well built car."

Cons: "Sound system may not be as good as my Toyota"

"I have driven this car for 3 weeks now, mostly around town, but we had 2 short trips. Fun to drive. A lot of cool features. I love the radar feature that monitors the cruise control. It handles our hills with ease. Very plush interiors to rival Acura and Lexus. We have bought several Toyota's and Honda's in the past, but I am very pleased with Mazda so far."

Best Japanese-made "German" mid-size car out there

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, price, reliability, fuel thrifty,ftd"

Cons: "None I can think of, really."

"I own a rare, hard to find 2014 Mazda 6 Touring 6Sp Manual (Yes, it does exist. Contrary to the "Build Your Own" at the Mazda USA website). The short throw shifter (I had a Honda manual before..they can't even touch this), mimics a Miata. It is a total BLAST to drive. It handles like no other Japanese car (in it's mid-size league), but near German in feel (prior ride was a Passat). It is a very fun-to-drive car. On my first fuel fill, I computed 38.8mpg 65/35 fwy/city. This car was the one of the 3 finalists of the World Car Design of 2013, the peers were the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Jaguar F-Type..this car in looks is in GREAT COMPANY!!!"

Best Mazda6 by far

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

"I have owned 3 Mazda 6's. (2004 hatchback, 2012 sedan, and my 2014). This one by far is my favorite. The 2012 that I owned had been in a hit and run. Minimal damages, however I went to my Mazda dealership to get an estimate. I saw the new 2014 and I knew I was going to try to trade in my 2012 for it. I didn't even have the 2012 for a full year! Much happier with this one:)"

The Best Mazda Sedan Ever!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "I have middle trim, leather seats but no heaters.."

"I'll start with this.. CVT transmissions are garbage.. it feels like driving a bus, so I was never attracted to low and even high end cars with those. I was looking for a sedan that had the looks and interior but, most importantly the car that would drive like a sports car, to match the looks with performance. I did lot of research before buying this car, looked at VW's, Honda, Toyota, and Ford.. Final decision was easy to make. I saw it at the dealer, test drove it and bought it with absolutely no regrets. Reason why I mentioned CVT's was because Mazda uses conventional 6 speed transmission and it is one of the BEST automatics I have ever driven. I had 15 cars before this one so I can judge based on my other experiences. I wish they had a Manual at the dealer when I bought mine, I was the first one in Maryland & DC to buy this car and only now I started seeing them on the road, it's almost June! Lots and lots of complements from other drivers. I do wish they had V6! I wish this had more horses but for what it is 2.5 4 cylinder engine, it's a fantastic car to drive. Love everything about it. Now, this is no BMW 3 series, but honestly there is no competition in its segment for cars under 30K. Don't buy anything else unless you test drive this! Thanks"

Mazda 6 Grand Touring Re-Birth

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "value, style, ride, materials, mileage, handling,"

Cons: "The Nav. does not have a compass"

"The mazda brand was off my radar as I was only familiar with the 2013 and earlier models. On a lark I stopped by a Mazda dealership and was introduced to the 2014 Mazda 6. It is so completetly different than the model preceding it that they might have named it something else. Handles and rides equal to and in many way better than the VW CC 4 Motion I had while returning near Hybrid mileage withiout the sacrifice in performance . Elegant exterior styling will wear well over the years and the interior materials and finish are at a level one associates with ' luxury ' brands in a non-overwrought manner."

Best car ever made had it since it debut

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "price fun to drive and economic on gas"

Cons: "N.O.T.H.I.N.G"

"A.W.E.S.O.M.E ! Best car ever done good job mazda I drive it daily 75 miles at around 67-73 mph and get a pretty decent 36 mpg driving with care but once you full throttle it that a different story but really do not even consider the camry,accord nor the altima it is a waste of time do not even lose your time test driving them"

Car can't be beat by any car in its class!

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value, TONS of features, safe &great price."

Cons: "It took till now for me to love the 6"

My 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring

"I've owned 30 vehicles, of all makes and models over the years. The Mazda6 is PACKED full of tech goodies that you see as options on 40-50k vehicles. Safety is solid and will do well where others in it's class are failing at the corner impact test. The gas mileage is phenominal for a non hybrid vehicle of this size, it's got a throaty sounding engine, comfortable, and well designed interior, adaptive bi-xenons are wonderful at night, and the adaptive RADAR CRUISE CONTROL is a great safety feature to have. The car offers so much for the price and it's build quality, I see this being the best kept secret in it's class for some time. Can't wait to snag up a twin turbo diesel with LDWS and IELoop."

My 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring

FunTastic!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, economical, beautiful, good value"

Cons: "some road noise, base radio not great"

"Got my Soul Red Mazda 6 sport with automatic. This car feels like it should cost a lot more. Handling and chassis precision is sublime. Extremely comfortable seats (I got the cloth, not a big fan of leather and with 3 kids and a dog...) Driving position is great. I love the steering wheel and the way it steers. Averaging 28 mpg. Good power, smooth transmission, once of the best I've ever driven. Handles better than my 2005 BMW 530i. Yes you read that right. Base radio isn't great but sounds better through Pandora or itunes. All in all a fabulous car and great value. You have to test drive it. And it really is a beautiful car, no comparison in this class. Destined to be a classic. Don't let the smallish HP numbers fool you, the car has plenty of pep and never feels like its working hard. Really fun to drive. Could use a little more sound insulation; my only complaint, but its definitely not a deal killer."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next