2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,651 - $20,400.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Nice Combination of Practicality and Sportiness!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Sportiness, Styling, Value"

Cons: "Wind Noise at high speeds"

"Bought a Touring in August 2013. Great car so far as I love the styling, ride, and roominess while getting 30 MPG overall. My only complaints would be wind noise at freeway speeds and the infotainment system has some bugs where a USB or iPod takes forever to load and always starts from the same place (rumor has it that a fix is on the way in April though). Overall, an awesome car and I have no regrets."

Feels like a luxury car!

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesomely fun to drive, comfortable, convenient"

Cons: "Small side door storage pockets"

"This car is amazing. I wanted something with more personality than a Camry or Accord, and had been looking at Audis, Lexuses, and other luxury cars. This car feels like a bridge between mid-size sedans and their luxury cousins. Awesome features, great comfort, class-leading handling. Luxury-feel in every way but price. It's perfect. It's sleek and aggressively styled; I've gotten several compliments from strangers. Interior is just as good; nothing feels cheap. The transmission is amazingly smooth and it's really got some serious kick. I test drove a V6 Camry, and it would kick into higher gear and get some power, but it did it with a rough hesitant jerk and it jumped gears. This car doesn't do that, ever. It's very comfortable with a smooth, quiet ride and lots of leg room for passengers. The trunk is huge and doesn't have any weird curves or edges. My large golf bag fits straight back or sideways. The back seats fold down flat, which is nice and was a strong knock against the Accord which for some unexplainable reason don't fold down at all. Gas mileage is great, pushing 40 mpg, which is especially impressive given how sporty the car is. Doesn't hurt that Mazda was just recognized by KBB as the Best Brand for 5-year cost to own. Beyond the styling and interior, the tech features in particular make the Mazda 6 feel like a luxury car. Automatic windshield wipers and headlines with auto brights. Lane watch and blind spot monitoring work great and help prevent me from doing anything stupid. The assisted cruise control in the Grand Touring tech package works like a charm, making it so I don't have to constantly come out of cruise control whenever I come up on a slower car. It smoothly slows down to a set follow-distance until the lane is clear. Some reviewers were concerned about the large tires causing a rougher ride. I didn't notice this. Maybe if you were used to a huge truck or something, you would feel that, but I didn't. The biggest knock against the Mazda 6 I've seen has been the touch display system in the front. Everything has worked fine for me and the system seems pretty intuitive and easy to use. The touch screen buttons seems slightly laggy though, and I think some other cars have bigger displays if that's important to you. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the car. After some serious research on Toyotas, Accords, VWs, and Lexuses among others -- including several test drives -- I am convinced I made the best choice."

A Car with Soul and Style

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Tremendous value, Intangibles, Luxury feel"

Cons: "Base models lack i-Loop and Tech Pkdg Options"

"Mazda has done something that few in the mid-size sedan segment have done, namely- integrate production,design and function to create a unique car and driver experience. An almost premium luxury sedan feel in a sedan firmly priced at the mid-range. Handling and road feel are firm and balanced. Power is solid and fuel efficiency is excellent for a car in its class. Styling is exciting, but still provides excellent ergonomics and driver visibility. The cabin is spacious and the interior is classic and simple. Noise levels are low, though additional sound isolation would enhance the overall driving experience."

Second Mazda 6, great car

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pros: "Styling, good driving characteristics, comfort"

Cons: "GPS, limited storage"

"Love the styling and the GT interior is very good. Would prefer a bit more power but the engine is economical and delivers more acceleration than one might expect from 185 hp in a mid size sedan. 6-speed auto trans is very smooth. Noise on some roads is a bit high but not annoyingly so. I am not a fan of the TomTom GPS and would prefer a Garmin based unit. Also the interior storage is somewhat limited but I have learned to get around it."

Fun to drive, great value.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Cons: "Cloth interior is very hard to clean off hair"

"The only complaint I have about this car is the cloth interior (black). I couldn't remove my hair from the seats. Car interior always looked messy, so I ended up having the cloth interior replaced with leather. I owned other Mazda's with cloth interior and did not have this problem."