2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,651 - $20,400.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Bought the car to replace a 7 yr old Pacifica

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, sound system, handling, styling"

Cons: "Seats could be a little wider at the shoulders"

"We had owned Mazda autos before so buying the Mazda6 Grand Touring was like coming home. The Mazda6 is a load of fun to drive much like the Mazda3S that we had before. Steering is light yet responsive. Acceleration is good when in Auto but much better when using the shift paddles on the steering. The 11 speaker sound system is amazing and the tonal range is outstanding. The seats are heated and comfortable. The radio is also Navigation and phone. the large touch screen is to navigate and as a safety feature is locked out to minimize playing with the Navigation while driving, a feature my wife loves. We have the Almond interior and we replaced the headrest with ones that have a DVD system in them. I found a local upholstery shop able to match the interior color and texture. The 184 hp engine (while not a muscle car) responses very well when the gas is pushed. I have found that in manual mode and shifting at 4000 rpm, the Mazda6 gets up to highway speed very quickly. We have absolutely no regrets on purchasing this vehicle. We offered my daughter a new car when we bought ours, but we were told that her car (Mazda3S hatchback 2004 model) had better be at home when she came back from studies in Japan. I guess you can say we as a family enjoy our Mazdas."

Traded in my Audi

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, features, gas mileage, zoom-zoom"

"Traded in my Audi A4 because I needed more room as the family grows. I was pleasantly surprised at the driving experience; available features, roominess, comfort, power, and yes the gas mileage. Averaging 32mpg around town. Even though I enjoyed my Audi, the 2014 Mazda 6 has not disappointed me."

fun to drive, people notice it, sporty

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Skyactiv, 2.5 L, 38 mpg tells it all."

"Been driving up and down between New York and Upstate NY. Fun to drive, sporty, people notice it, the exterior large hood gives an outstanding appearance which makes the car from the opposite eye turning stare every time I drive. The back trunk design is superb. The tapering shape underneath the trunk with a solid black bumper is what makes it "can't get enough look at the trunk" feeling. Driving-wise, kick starting the Mazda car always brings you the feeling of "Are you ready?" because it never fails to drive up fast while other cars might take a lag before you can feel the gas pedal. A few caution to tall people because the hood is large and long from the driver view, if you want to have an eagle eyes view, your seat do not allow you to have a perfect eagle eye view because up lifting your diver seat will make your head touch with the car roof. But once you get past that "I must have the eagle eye views on the hood" phase, everything is awesome about the car. Love the car."

Nice Family car for long trips

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "No motion sickness, great auto transmission"

Cons: "Interior Lights can kill battery"

"This car keeps everyone in my family happy. My wife and sons don't get motion sickness on winding roads like all the other cars we have tried and its fun to drive. I'm not sure what Mazda has done to the suspension that's different from all the other midsize cars (we tried everything from Ford, Kia, Toyota and Honda) but it's the only car that doesn't make my wife motion sick. The suspension is slightly stiffer than the Kia, Toyota, Honda but softer than the Ford. The interior noise is slightly more than the Honda but not by much. The automatic transmission is the best I have driven in any car of any type. It is smooth shifting quiet and quick. After it learns your driving (a couple hundred miles, I know because it looses its settings after the battery goes dead, see con section below) it seems it's never in the wrong gear. The manual mode is great too and allows very precise and quick shifts which allows precise engine breaking for long down slopes. The car handles the curves nicely without being too harsh or rolling too much and the breaking is smooth and linear and handles dry roads to slick ice well. The steering has the best driver feedback of all the current midsize cars. On long stretches of highway the car seems to glide along effortlessly but never puts you to sleep. The blind spot monitoring system and backup monitoring is brilliant. Its never obtrusive and extremely reliable and it definitely adds an extra layer of safety to everyday driving without being annoying. The interior is exactly like I like it simple, clean and convenient. Modern Hondas are exactly the opposite, with lots of very complicated and confusing controls, so if you like Honda interiors you will probably dislike the Mazda 6 interior and vice-versa. Fuel economy in my car is entirely dependent on the driver. It never gets bad economy but it can get amazing economy. My Brother drives like the police are chasing him and gets about 26mpg but on long trips I can drive it gently and get 45mpg easily, my wife gets about 33mpg average. The cars fuel monitor is almost exactly 9% pessimistic in my car reporting 9% less mpg than I actually get. I keep a log of every fill-up and its always consistent. The interior is roomy even with two car seats an adult can sit in the back comfortably and the two front seats keep plenty of leg room for anyone under 6 feet tall. My friend who is 6'4" cannot fit comfortably in the drivers seat but another who is 6'1" can. I'm 5'9" and I fit great, my wife is 4'11" and she fits great. So I can't recommend the car for a driver who is much over 6' tall but even very short drivers like my wife fit great with great visibility. Cons: The automatic cabin light system can drain the battery. My sons love to play with any buttons they can find and there are several ways to turn on the cabin lights so that they stay on continuously which will drain the battery if your not careful, everything else in the car shuts off after a while just not the cabin lights in specific modes. A good design is like Fords I have owned, they shut off everything accidentally left on after an hour or so. Also the I-drive knob (or some other such stupid name) between the passenger and driver seats is stupid and useless but at least its not intrusive, everyone simply ignores it. My wife doesn't like the sound of the trunk when it closes she says it sounds cheap. The other doors sound nice when you close them."

Awesome, Sporty and Green

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, mpg, driving dynamics"

"Owned 2014 Mazda6 touring since Oct-13. Enjoyed driving it compared to my 12 Camry LE. More value/features for money (Paid almost same for both car but Mazda6 has more standard features). Commute takes about 40-45 min for 25 miles and still got 32-34 mpg."