2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,032 - $20,581.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

Test drove everything. Drove this, bought it!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Interior, Exterior, Technology, Unique"

Cons: "First year so reliability is a mystery."

"I have three kids and we just bought a Honda Odyssey, which we absolutely love! The van purchase negated any reason I had left to keep my 15 MPG 2007 Jeep Cherokee any longer. Bye bye Jeep! I have spent the last 6 months trying to determine what sedan to purchase. I drove EVERYTHING, multiple times. The accord felt "soft". Especially the V6. It was hella fast but you could feel the weight tugging down on the front end. Plus, the suspension was way too soft to handle that much power. The sport option is nice but you cant get nav or satellite. After looking for a used Infiniti G37 or Acura I decided to get practical and thought I wanted a EXL Civic. I drove one, enjoyed it and it had that sporty handling that the accord lacked. However, it came with a 23k price tag! As I left the Honda dealer, dissapointed, I spotted a brand new Mazda 6 at the neighboring dealer! This article came to mind and I decided to test drive the Touring model that had a touch screen, leatherette, and bluetooth. The price was the same as the Civic EXL. You just dont get real leather and sunroof. Anyway, driving this car completely made up my mind. I knew, without a doubt, that this was going to be my car. Out of curiosity, I wanted to sit in a GT to play with the nav and Bose system. The Bose system is superb and the real leather felt more upscale. I love the all black interior and the smaller nav screen. The inside is very simple compared to the competitions "spaceship" looking dashboards. Its like a combination between a Nissan and a BMW inside. So I opted for a Silver GT with all black interior. I even got the Mazda Adaptive Cruise Control that is very impressive. The dealer was selling this car for 29,000! For under 30k, I got exactly what I wanted and much more! To get the equivalent tech I would've had to get the 34k Honda Accord Touring with that heavy V6. Sure it wouldve been nice to be able to floor a v6 every once in a while but this Mazda is plenty quick and I do more steering than drag racing anyway. For me, you cant beat this car at this price. It handles like a TSX and looks like a Maserati. Visually, a very clean silver Mazda 6 with blacked out windows is absolutely stunning."

It Just Feels Better

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Best overall driving experience in midsize market."

Cons: "?"

"I just can't find a bad thing to this car. Shortly after I purchased it, I took a 2500 mile road trip to Florida. I never got tired of driving it, and felt refreshed even after driving it 1000 miles straight. And in that 1000 miles, only stopped for gas once, and not because I needed it, but because my passengers needed the pitstop. So far I am averaging 34mpg (tracked on Fuelly) with most of my driving being a 23 mile round trip to work daily in small city traffic. I test drove all the competition before purchasing this vehicle, as this is the most I have ever decided to spend on a car. And for me, the Mazda 6 was the only choice. If you want to get from PointA to PointB, buy one of the other guys. But if you want pure driving pleasure everytime from PointA to B, then look no further than the Mazda6."

Very impressed!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, handling, comfort, options, price"

Cons: "Fuel door under dash, window controls unlit"

"I now have 2K on my 2014 liquid silver M6. I have owned two previous M6,s a 2006 and a 2007 Speed 6. I paid 27K for the I-Touring package and felt that it was the best bang for the buck for me. The car handles great and rides very smooth handling bumps in the road rather smoothly along with aggressive cornering. I average 28.1 gallons per mile on 87,89,and 93 combined HWY and City, and tried them all to see if it increased the mileage at all and it did not. The acceleration of the 2.5 liter is adequate and I feel comfortable pulling out in traffic and passing. At the dealer I drove the 2013 C5 with the 2.0 and it was a dog on the road with terrible pickup to compare. As far as features the safety blind spot warning feature and the back up camera are great. They both alert you audibly and visibly when a moving vehicle is near you. I like the seats they are comfortable for a 6'2" guy with back issues with plenty of leg room and a telescoping steering wheel. Bose 11 speaker rocks with navigation and blue tooth for the phone no issues there either. My only gripes so far are rather minor that at night you cannot see the window controls because only the driver window control lights up. The gas cap release handle is hidden under the dash and the driver seat is two adjustable I-Touring only. Upgrade to the Grand Touring and you get 3 way adjusting seat sunroof and a few other technical features for about 4K more, but everything is subject to negotiation of course. My dealership would only go 1K below sticker so be patient and find a dealer that will work with you. Overall I am very happy with the car plenty of room huge trunk space great styling my kids love it and are comfortable in the back. Definitely worth taking a look at and test driving. Good Luck! Oh yea and the seat does go up and down so I can see out the windows just fine."

Winner in class hands down

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, Rear traffic sensor"

Cons: "Clock position"

"I have now had my Red Mazda 6 Touring w/o tech for a week now and 350 miles. Awesome, best in this class and I definitely made the right decision. After over 3 months of looking and multiple test drives on most of the models I'm glad I waited for the 2014 to come out. None of the others in the class made me feel like "this was the car", I felt like I was going to have to settle. I even tried the Audi, Acura and BMW. The 6 was very close to them for a lot less money. The only one close was the Accord Sport, nothing else compared after I drove the Mazda. I wanted something that not everyone else had (Accord, Camry). The Altima was in the mix, but I could not get over the velour on the arm rest. If your looking for a car in this class you HAVE to drive the Mazda!! As my wife said if you want to feel old drive the Camry. I absolutely love this car, gas mileage was the best, it has ZOOM ZOOM, Pandora is great, blind spot monitor, rear camera plus the added motion detector when backing up (already saved me once), blue tooth works great, the red color (lots of compliment) is awesome ( silver was also sharpe), front seat is comfortable as is the leatherette (I'm 6'3" and fit great wife is 5'4" and also fits great). Have a average of 27mpg so far. The only con so far is the clock is down low and not by the dash. Do not let the dealer try to make you pay sticker price, if your willing to drive you can find a dealer under sticker."

Great car!!!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "BEST bang for the buck"

"I purchased this car about a month ago after trading in my 2010 honda accord coupe, and I can attest that this was a smart move. The feature of this car is either on par or exceeds the 2010 BMW 5-series(one of the doctor's I work with one),Audi A6(same scenario as the BMW) or Benz E-class(ditto). Each owner of these cars looked at my 2014 and came away highly impressed. The interior exudes luxury(I have a Grand Touring), very similar to the 5 series. Dual climate control, touch screen navigation, pandora available, sms texting, voice activated bluetooth, that's not even standard on an Audi. 11 speaker BOSE system. I also have an I-drive type control knob, what else could ask for. Back up camera adaptive cruise, adaptive headlights, LED lighting 19" wheels, push button start keyless entry. You would have to be an IDIOT not to like this. The exterior is gorgeous, looks very expensive. The drive dynamics is great, very intuitive, responsive. The engine is adequate enough for merges and swift passing. The fuel economy is great. Honda, Toyota, are you kidding me??"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next