2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,651 - $20,400.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Good value + fun to drive

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Great price, lots of room, fun to drive, good MPG"

Cons: "steering is light, needs some more power (for me)"

"I have the 2014 sport with 6sp manual. At 6'3" I fit very comfortably in the seats and have plenty of room. I got the black mica and had the dealer install full leather interior. The exterior style is eye catching and it drives like a car costing thousands more.The steering feel is a little light for my taste, but not that bad. The transmission is tight and exact with good feel. Extremely good value. My mileage numbers are around 28 for city driving and 37 for highway.. Go drive one now and decide for yourself!"

deal killers for me

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "In it's class, by far the coolest looking car."

Cons: "not DIY friendly"

"Let me start by saying this car is really good looking and drives great. In my heart I really wanted this car but a few things killed it for me. I do my own work on my cars and there will be times I need to jack up the front of the car and unfortunately this Mazda 6 model does not have a front cross-member to put a hydraulic jack under. That's a huge hassle. Additionally the underside of the car is covered by a big plastic shield. It covers the entire lower engine compartment. Imagine every time you need to look under the engine you have to remove this giant panel...no thanks. One more thing I don't like, no engine temp gauge, really? Come on. Some people actually understand engines and this gauge is critical. My heart is telling to overlook these issues because she's a beauty but sadly my brain is telling me to look elsewhere. I would however recommend this car to a friend because most of my friends don't do their own work. Great car, just not for me."

base model is awesome value, great car for the $!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "handling, poise, fuel economy, coef of drag"

Cons: "interior storage places, 16.6 gallon fuel tank"

"I bought it on a whim and overall I am very satisfied. Was going to buy a Camry or Accord, maybe, but this car at the base level is superior to the SE or other base models by the two makers, in my opinion, have driven both. I even looked at Ford Focus and Chevy Cruze models and when they are nicely appointed they are easily more than I paid for the 6. This car seems to hunker down on the highway the faster you go, like a German car, and is very poised and stiff and all of one piece in hard cornering, for a large FWD car. I have a mixed drive to work and I get 32mpg all the time easy. Best highway tank was 39.9 mpg and I am sure I can get 40 plus mpg with no traffic jams on a highway trip. Car never seems to work hard, engine is overachiever for 185 horsepower. Fast car when you really get on it and tell the computer "GO"!. Wish they had kept the 18.5 gallon tank from the previous model, 16.6 is too small for a car in this class. Seats are good, interior OK in base model but Mazda put the paddle shifters in all the cars, would cost almost nothing. Wish the key was smaller and lighter too, I do not like the new chip keys, too big and heavy. Important: the coefficient of drag (cd) of the car is .26, like a Prius, and I cannot believe Mazda does not advertize that! The relaxed gearing and cd means the car gets great MPG, but still goes fast when you wake up the computer and put your foot down. Low cd is super important at speeds over 50 mph, makes all the difference in the world. Overall a great car for the money, very agile for size. Car feels all of one piece, sturdy, light, people comment that it is a good looking car. Way better than an Accord or Camry, overall, in my opinion."

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good on gas, great interior"

Cons: "Ambient lighting would be nice"

"Hello Everyone, This is my first Mazda. I've always wanted one, but never bought one. I'm glad I've waited until the 2014 model. I bought the I Grand Touring Model in red. I get positive comments on it all the time. It does look stunning. As far as driving dynamics. Backgrgound: I've owned 2 Dodge Chargers prior to this one and I live in the Washington, DC area. The Mazda 6 is enough power to merge onto the freeway with no problem. Although I do wish it was a tad bit faster. So you may notice the difference if you come from a V-6. However, you'll forget the difference when you go fill up at the pump. I usually spend $39 or less to fill it up and it last for a little over a week. I drive to work and sit in traffic everyday. I push it through curves purposly. It handles them nicely and the steering firms up just right, so you know who's in control. It feels very nimble and turns on a dime, so to speak. Interior quality is great. The almond leather seats with the black carpet looks awesome. The dashboard is soft touch and even the doors are. Very Nice interior. The thing that needs slight improvement is a better refined engine sound. It sounds very rough at first start. But quiets down nicely when cruising."

Say goodbye to Ford, say hello to 100% Jpns qual.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Great options, mpg's, handling, comfort."

"I liked the test drive so much that I decided NOT to wait for the diesel/e-loop. As it stands, I am getting 31.5 MPG city and 45 highway anyway, so, maybe I made the right decision given the added expense of dies. fuel. All I can say is that the road feel and driving dynamics are comparable to more expensive sedans that I have owned in the past, yes, including my 2009 Audi S5! When I take the time to review, I always consider pricing, and this car is very well priced considering the options, mpg's, etc. Got the Black Mica, next one Soul Red. One for the both of us!"