2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,381 - $20,214.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."

For the money in its class, simply unbeatable

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, nice price, excellent dynamics"

Cons: "Check for blind-spot concerns"

"I now have just over 50,000 miles on this car, having owned it for about 18 months. Yes, you read that right on the mileage. It has gone through one set of tires in that time. Driving dynamics are excellent; this is a car you can do 12 hour road trips in without feeling like you got hit by a bus halfway there -- and I have made many of them. My average fuel economy since new is right near 35mpg -- no, that's not an error either. It runs on regular, so no pricey premium fuel is required. For a gas-powered vehicle of this size to get into the mid-to-upper 30s on AVERAGE fuel consumption is simply outstanding; I've tracked every tank since it was new. I've had zero maintenance issues with the car; it has required only routine oil and filter changes, plus a new set of tires. Incidentally, consider the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S (if you want/need all season tires) when the time comes; they are a big upgrade from the Yokohama Adavan A83s that come from the factory and are reasonably priced. I bought the sport specifically to get the manual gearbox and "non-fancy" radio, since I intended to (and did) immediately replace it with an aftermarket unit. Note that the 2016s lose this capability, since they have gone to an integrated unit rather than an easily-replaced 2-DIN size. That, and the loss of the manual handbrake, are two reasons I prefer the '15 to the '16. I drove pretty-much everything in this class with an under $50,000 MSRP before buying the "6", and in my view it's a superior car to those costing twice as much -- if the driving experience is a major part of your requirement set. That it also obtains class-leading fuel economy is a large bonus and one that materially lowers the cost of ownership (if you put on a lot of miles.) There are compromises at this price-point, of course. The 2.5L I4 engine is plenty 95% of the time, but in the mountains the lack of forced induction means it does suffer somewhat. The MT benefits from a heavier and shorter shift knob than stock (which I changed), and I'd like it if the accelerator and brake were a bit closer together, as heel/toe downshifting is a challenge at best. I suspect you can thank the lawsuit lobby for that, unfortunately. Nonetheless if you're looking for something in the mid-sized class that can handle 4 adults without turning the rear passengers into sardines, has excellent fuel economy with outstanding driving dynamics (Mazda actually managed to fashion electric-assist steering that doesn't feel like a rubber band, for example) while at the same time returning astounding real-world fuel economy, you'll find that combination in this vehicle -- and nowhere else at anything approaching the asking price. One downside to mention -- visibility is a bit of an issue forward due to the slope of the hood, so you do have to pay attention when pulling in to parking spaces, and as with most modern sedans the B and C pillars produce a bit of a blind spot, especially if you're coming from a wagon or small SUV. The good side is that unlike many modern cars ground clearance is quite-generous so you won't rip the forward skirt off the car with normal-sized curb stops -- a very good thing that many modern vehicles get wrong."

Wow!

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Superb handling, design, fit and finish, seats."

Cons: "Radio is average."

"I have the manual. It is FUN to spin around in. Great chassis, balance, transmission, build quality, seats ...and svelte enough to really get noticed. Gas mileage is 5 mpg better than my manual 2010 Accord coupe and the ride/ handling are much more refined. It drives better than the 2005 TSX I had and way less $. This car is unbelievable from a value perspective...and has razor sharp styling. The interior is simple (a good thing) and elegant, but could use a little better sound system. I look forward to my 17 mile city commute each day!"

Best Mazda6 by far

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

"I have owned 3 Mazda 6's. (2004 hatchback, 2012 sedan, and my 2014). This one by far is my favorite. The 2012 that I owned had been in a hit and run. Minimal damages, however I went to my Mazda dealership to get an estimate. I saw the new 2014 and I knew I was going to try to trade in my 2012 for it. I didn't even have the 2012 for a full year! Much happier with this one:)"

Good family sedan with sporty traits

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Styling and driving feels"

Cons: "Road noise, driver seat too firm"

"I previously owned Accord, Maxima, and Impreza. I decided to get another sedan with better mileage. The finalist was the 2014 Accord or the Mazda 6. I went with the Mazda 6 for better driving feels and super gorgeous exterior. The Touring model has all the features I needed. The driver door armrest could be higher. The wind noise is bad with windows down. Road noise is average. Love the 19" wheel. So far average about 30 mpg with some spirited driving. I do miss the V-6 engine but good trade off for better mileage."

Best car ever made had it since it debut

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "price fun to drive and economic on gas"

Cons: "N.O.T.H.I.N.G"

"A.W.E.S.O.M.E ! Best car ever done good job mazda I drive it daily 75 miles at around 67-73 mph and get a pretty decent 36 mpg driving with care but once you full throttle it that a different story but really do not even consider the camry,accord nor the altima it is a waste of time do not even lose your time test driving them"

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, snappy acceleration & handlin"

"I cannot say enough about this car! Everything about it falls at least into the very good category"

Great vehicle, amajor step up over the competition

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Looks, handling"

"Anyone who is thinking of a car in this class should definitely go out and try one. I got the GT model as a step up from my Mazda 3 and do not regret the change one bit. The GT model has all the bells and whistles and is more than capable in the handling and performance arena and so far with my mixed driving of city and hilly highways I am right around 31.5 mpg with one run of mainly highway seeing 37 mpg. The looks really made me do the deal, it really is a classy car on the interior and exterior."

The Best Mazda Sedan Ever!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "I have middle trim, leather seats but no heaters.."

"I'll start with this.. CVT transmissions are garbage.. it feels like driving a bus, so I was never attracted to low and even high end cars with those. I was looking for a sedan that had the looks and interior but, most importantly the car that would drive like a sports car, to match the looks with performance. I did lot of research before buying this car, looked at VW's, Honda, Toyota, and Ford.. Final decision was easy to make. I saw it at the dealer, test drove it and bought it with absolutely no regrets. Reason why I mentioned CVT's was because Mazda uses conventional 6 speed transmission and it is one of the BEST automatics I have ever driven. I had 15 cars before this one so I can judge based on my other experiences. I wish they had a Manual at the dealer when I bought mine, I was the first one in Maryland & DC to buy this car and only now I started seeing them on the road, it's almost June! Lots and lots of complements from other drivers. I do wish they had V6! I wish this had more horses but for what it is 2.5 4 cylinder engine, it's a fantastic car to drive. Love everything about it. Now, this is no BMW 3 series, but honestly there is no competition in its segment for cars under 30K. Don't buy anything else unless you test drive this! Thanks"

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."