2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,032 - $20,581.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Great car but a strugle for big people.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Ride, handling, breaks and styling."

Cons: "Headrest and seats, No bluetooth or backup camera"

"Issues: I have about a thousand miles on my 2015 Mazda 6 i Sport 6spd manual. I really like this car but it has been challenging finding a comfortable position in it. I'm 6'3" and 280 lbs. I know that isn't the car's fault but I have found it difficult to find a good compromise between sitting upright and adjusting the seat for leg room or leaning back and having to squeeze my legs to reach everything. The problem is when I sit upright the headrest shoves my head forward and kills my neck. If I recline the seat the headrest doesn't bother me but I have to slide the seat forward and my legs are uncomfortable and petals are awkward. I see many people complaining on the internet about headrests since 2008, google it if you’re interested. I think I have a good position now but if not I’m going to put the headrest in a vice and bend it. If this procedure should have complications, like I break the thing, a new OEM headrest is about forty bucks from Mazda. Other observations about the seats include, the height adjustment on the seat is hinged at the front and only adjusts the rear of the seat. The manual adjustment levers feel cheap. If you have broad shoulders the bolstering at the top of the seat back may bother you in some positions, at least until my mass squashes the foam into submission. Regretfully center consoles are unavoidable these days on all cars but Mazda have done a better job than most leaving room for tall peoples legs. By the way there is no way I could sit behind myself in this car, if you transport adults in the back and you’re my size this car is a no go. Despite all this wining I would buy this car again! Like: Now that I’m done complaining here is what I love about this car I like the looks of the car and there aren’t a lot of them on the road and I see people checking it out all the time. It’s peppy and fun to drive and that makes me smile when I drive it. The ride is taught but not harsh I know this is a matter of opinion but I think they got it just right. The engine is smooth and loves to be wound up. The steering is precise, the shifter is crisp and the brakes are great. I love the no nonsense interior everything is simple and easy to find and there is none of crazy George Jetson stuff you see in a lot of cars now. Mileage On my two fill ups thus far I got 32mpg on the first and 34mpg on the second both listed my average speed at 34 MPH. I am about 50/50 highway city and here in the DC area even the highway is stop and go. I am very pleased with this mileage."

Best Family/Sport Sedan on the Market

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Looks, Impressive Interior, Price"

Cons: "USB & Ipod take forever to load"

"I have the 2015 Mazda6 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof Pkg in liquid silver. Have only had the car for a few months, but I'm very impressed so far! I averaged 39mpg on 2 of my most recent trips with the cruise set at 75. I thought it may be a tad underpowered initially (my other car is an Infiniti G37xS coupe), but it's surprisingly quick around town and has good passing power on the highways. Interior fit and finish is nicer than most cars $10-15k more! I also considered the Honda Accord Sport, but found the Mazda6 to be the better buy with loads more standard features and sharper looks! I highly recommend this car to anyone shopping for a $25-30k car!"

Roomy, Great Looking, good value

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Many Great feature that you would find in more exp"

Cons: "Text Messaging does not work with Iphone."

"I have the 2015 Soul Red Grand Touring. Only had if for a few weeks Many Great feature that you would find in more expensive cars. smooth fun ride. great gas mileage. Not real excited about the Tom Tom Navigation. There is compatibility issue with the text message feature and IPhones. This was known with the 2014 model and Mazda is still working on a fix. I can't believe Mazda did not test this with the most popular cell phone in the world. The voice recognition is very flakey."

Best vehicle in its price!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, exterior looking, speaker, mpg, etc!"

Cons: "Outside sound is too loud"

"I own 2014 mazda 6 grand touring with technology package, and have several other cars like bmw. Personally, I prefer this car over my bmw! This car is so fantastic, I love the speaker quality. It sounds amazing! This car looks great too! Love this car!"

SUPER SPORTS SEDAN

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "HANDLING . GREAT CONTROL OF THE ROAD. GAS MILAGE"

Cons: "NOTHING"

"THE HANDLING WAS HE THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR. I HAVE OWNED HONDAS ALTIMAS (2) TOYOTA CAMRY. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN TO DRIVE I HAVE OWNED. THE 3 BMWS I HAVE OWNED WERE CLOSE BUT THE UPKEEP WAS THROUGH THE ROOF $$$ THE NEW MAZDA 6 CHANGES EVERYHING IN JAPANESE MADE CARS. GAS MILAGE IS GREAT AND THE SMOOTHNESS OF THE 4 CYL IS PERFECT. YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELD TO DRIVE ONE BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING. BUILD QUALITY IS TIGHT AND THE ENGINE , BODY AND TRANSMISSION ARE ALL IN SINC. CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS ONE .."

fun to drive, people notice it, sporty

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Skyactiv, 2.5 L, 38 mpg tells it all."

"Been driving up and down between New York and Upstate NY. Fun to drive, sporty, people notice it, the exterior large hood gives an outstanding appearance which makes the car from the opposite eye turning stare every time I drive. The back trunk design is superb. The tapering shape underneath the trunk with a solid black bumper is what makes it "can't get enough look at the trunk" feeling. Driving-wise, kick starting the Mazda car always brings you the feeling of "Are you ready?" because it never fails to drive up fast while other cars might take a lag before you can feel the gas pedal. A few caution to tall people because the hood is large and long from the driver view, if you want to have an eagle eyes view, your seat do not allow you to have a perfect eagle eye view because up lifting your diver seat will make your head touch with the car roof. But once you get past that "I must have the eagle eye views on the hood" phase, everything is awesome about the car. Love the car."

Sharose review

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun, people notice this car when driven."

Cons: "Had the Mazda 6 2009, the 2014 is amazing."

"Mazda is just under the radar in shopper awareness. Quality is impeccable, drive is speedy, the color red is outstanding. Comfort, design and 38 miles on the highway, enough said!"

Great new car replacement

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Seats, handling, navigation, sound system"

Cons: "none that I have noticed"

"We replaced a 7 year old Chrysler Pacifica for the new Mazda 6. The styling is was got us first. It is so close to the Concept car from a few years ago it is amazing. The "6" is a Grand Touring model and had all that we wanted without having to add options to build the car. The ride of the "6" is great and sporty. The car handles like a sports coupe with the ride of a Camery, or Honda. (We tested both). The layout of the interior is very functional and easy to use. There is the control knob on the console to control all the features with radio, navigation and phone. The over 5" screen is clear and bright and easy to read. The 11-speaker Bose sound system will literally blow you out of the car while producing outstanding highs and vibrating lows. (Just like the Bose system for home use). The seats conform to your body and "hold" you in place for the Sports side of the car. Cornering is flat and very controllable and fun. The 184Hp 4 cylinder is smooth and powerful for it's size. The Torque of the motor gets you up to speed very quickly and if desired the Horsepower will get you down the road even quicker. The car rides so smooth that you will be at 80, 90 or 100 mph before you realize the speed. All the while maintaining 36 to 38 mpg. In a test in Louisiana, on flat roads and a set speed of 58 mph over a 32 mile run our gas mileage was 44.5 MPG. This was unexpected but a very welcome surprise. All in all, trading our Pacifica in for the Mazda 6 was and remains an excellent move."

Awesome, Sporty and Green

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, mpg, driving dynamics"

"Owned 2014 Mazda6 touring since Oct-13. Enjoyed driving it compared to my 12 Camry LE. More value/features for money (Paid almost same for both car but Mazda6 has more standard features). Commute takes about 40-45 min for 25 miles and still got 32-34 mpg."

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good on gas, great interior"

Cons: "Ambient lighting would be nice"

"Hello Everyone, This is my first Mazda. I've always wanted one, but never bought one. I'm glad I've waited until the 2014 model. I bought the I Grand Touring Model in red. I get positive comments on it all the time. It does look stunning. As far as driving dynamics. Backgrgound: I've owned 2 Dodge Chargers prior to this one and I live in the Washington, DC area. The Mazda 6 is enough power to merge onto the freeway with no problem. Although I do wish it was a tad bit faster. So you may notice the difference if you come from a V-6. However, you'll forget the difference when you go fill up at the pump. I usually spend $39 or less to fill it up and it last for a little over a week. I drive to work and sit in traffic everyday. I push it through curves purposly. It handles them nicely and the steering firms up just right, so you know who's in control. It feels very nimble and turns on a dime, so to speak. Interior quality is great. The almond leather seats with the black carpet looks awesome. The dashboard is soft touch and even the doors are. Very Nice interior. The thing that needs slight improvement is a better refined engine sound. It sounds very rough at first start. But quiets down nicely when cruising."

See if you qualify for