2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,707 - $20,440.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

One of the most beautiful cars on the road!

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Gorgeous, fun to drive, amazing gas mileage"

Cons: "Paint chips easily, road noise at times"

"My search for a new sedan took several months. I looked an nearly everything - the Toyota Avalon, the Honda Accord, Audi A4, Hyundai Sonata and Genesis, the Kia Optima, the Ford Taurus and Fusion - and even the Lincoln MKZ. I just felt like I was settling with all of them; either the price was too high, the cost of ownership was crazy, or the design was just boring... I was nearly ready to just give up and go with some SUV (that the wife wanted), when a co-worker mentioned the new Mazda6. I hadn't even considered a Mazda - nor was I aware of what this car was like. So, I found a dealer that had a very lightly used 2014 model. And I fell in love at first sight. Exterior: The exterior of the car is absolutely gorgeous, from all 360 degrees. So many cars have an attractive profile, or front end - but just seem to drop the ball elsewhere; A goofy set of tail lights or boring sheet metal. I realize that looks are subjective (to a degree) - but I feel this car just hits all the marks and is one of the best looking vehicles on the road today - and I'm comparing it to all makes and models out there. I feel that if I were to take the Mazda badges off, most people would assume it was some high-end sports sedan made overseas. Interior: The interior keeps pace with the exterior design; I have the GT version with black leather seats with the accented red stitching. There is plenty of rear seat legroom and fits 3 car seats (two boosters and a full baby seat). Trunk space is also very large. The entire dash is a soft touch rubber material. There are just enough satin metal accents and texture contrasts to make things look both sporty and luxurious. The instrument cluster is centered perfectly and is bright and clear. Tech: I have the infotainment system, which includes a nice touch-screen display. I've heard some complain about it's size being small compared to other makes and models in this class, but I just don't feel that having a larger display would necessarily make the experience any different or better. For one, it's nearly 6 inches - That's plenty large for me. Another reason, is that even though this is a touch screen, Mazda gives you a command dial (similar to those found in BMW's) right behind the shifter. I use this to control most of the features, since it's right there where my right hand rests normally. The navigation system is straightforward and easy to use - it's powered by TomTom - so you can update it yourself using the TomTom at Home software. The infotainment unit also includes Pandora, Sirius XM, HD Radio, bluetooth, USB and AUX. There is no DVD functionality, but I wasn't looking for that anyway. The Bose sound is fine (I'm not a huge Bose fan). Bluetooth audio quality is actually quite good - and so is the call quality. People don't complain about any echoes or quietness. What else? The heated seats are fast and HOT. Heated sideview mirrors are great. I have the adaptive radar cruise control, front collision breaking, blind spot warning, backup camera, bi-xenon HID adaptive headlights (they aim in the direction you turn) - it's got it all - well... it doesn't have a heated steering wheel, which would have been nice. Performance: The performance from the Skyativ 2.5L 4-cylinder, 6-speed power train is actually very good. It sounds great and is very quick to rev. Acceleration is not boring - especially with the paddle shifters - but it's not what I would call exhilarating either. It does 0-60 in a bit over 7 seconds, which is actually very good. My previous vehicle was a Grand Prix GTP with a supercharged 3.8L 6 cylinder - and it took 6.5 seconds. The Mazda doesn't feel like a typical 4 cylinder engine - it feels more like a 6 - and I think that is due to the good amount of torque provided. Would I trade more HP for a little less fuel economy? Maybe... Maybe not. This thing gets great gas mileage. I average about 32mpg, with a 60/40 highway/city split. On the interstate, I can get upwards of 40mpg average. I think that makes up for the .7 second longer sprint to 60 mph. Handling is fantastic. This thing feels like it's on rails when going around a sharp bend. There is very little body roll and it feels composed - even when you push it. The ride is firm - and with the 19" wheels road noises can be a bit loud at times - especially when driving on dirt roads. For this, I docked one mark. Quality: As for quality, this car is great - but I have a couple gripes. The rubber seals around the doors tend to stick to the metal when it's cold, and the rubber will pull off the small mounting rivet. It can be put back with little effort (a small flat blade screwdriver), but this shouldn't happen. Another is the thickness of the exterior paint; It is very easy to chip - especially on the front of the car. I feel Mazda could have used a better hardener in their process to help avoid this issue. For these issues, I docked a point."

A Car with Soul and Style

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Tremendous value, Intangibles, Luxury feel"

Cons: "Base models lack i-Loop and Tech Pkdg Options"

"Mazda has done something that few in the mid-size sedan segment have done, namely- integrate production,design and function to create a unique car and driver experience. An almost premium luxury sedan feel in a sedan firmly priced at the mid-range. Handling and road feel are firm and balanced. Power is solid and fuel efficiency is excellent for a car in its class. Styling is exciting, but still provides excellent ergonomics and driver visibility. The cabin is spacious and the interior is classic and simple. Noise levels are low, though additional sound isolation would enhance the overall driving experience."

my favorite mazda

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Elegant styling, gas effecient, excellent features"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPhone compatibility could be improved."

"We bought our 2015 Touring in crystal blue with Bose & moon roof in Oct 2014. I've had my eye on this car since Mazda came out with the new design. It's a beautiful car. We've been driving Mazdas for awhile - 1995 Mazda MX3, 2001 Tribute, and 2011 Mazda3. The 2015 Mazda6 is our favorite car (we've owned a few Nissan's too)! We live in the Wash, DC area and now my 45 minute commute is enjoyable! I love driving this car. Yes, a manual transmission would've been preferred, but it wasn't practical with the DC commute. This car drives smoothly, is beautiful to look at and only sips gas. We drive from Virginia to DC everyday and we only fill up this car around 1.5 weeks. Braking is smooth, acceleration is just right for our needs. For its size, its a very agile car. The trunk is huge - we've already hauled large sheets of wood from the store. Never really needed extra bells and whistles, but now I can't imagine buying another car without all the safety cameras/sensors the Mazda6 came with."

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Price, styling inside and out, fun to drive"

Cons: "It could be quiter at hwy speeds"

"This car is absolutely beautiful, people usually guess the price is about 10K higher than it actually is. It drives like a sports car, has decent power and it is one of the last sedans you can still get with a manual. Only drawback is that is not as quiet inside at hwy speeds as it could be."

Feels like a luxury car!

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesomely fun to drive, comfortable, convenient"

Cons: "Small side door storage pockets"

"This car is amazing. I wanted something with more personality than a Camry or Accord, and had been looking at Audis, Lexuses, and other luxury cars. This car feels like a bridge between mid-size sedans and their luxury cousins. Awesome features, great comfort, class-leading handling. Luxury-feel in every way but price. It's perfect. It's sleek and aggressively styled; I've gotten several compliments from strangers. Interior is just as good; nothing feels cheap. The transmission is amazingly smooth and it's really got some serious kick. I test drove a V6 Camry, and it would kick into higher gear and get some power, but it did it with a rough hesitant jerk and it jumped gears. This car doesn't do that, ever. It's very comfortable with a smooth, quiet ride and lots of leg room for passengers. The trunk is huge and doesn't have any weird curves or edges. My large golf bag fits straight back or sideways. The back seats fold down flat, which is nice and was a strong knock against the Accord which for some unexplainable reason don't fold down at all. Gas mileage is great, pushing 40 mpg, which is especially impressive given how sporty the car is. Doesn't hurt that Mazda was just recognized by KBB as the Best Brand for 5-year cost to own. Beyond the styling and interior, the tech features in particular make the Mazda 6 feel like a luxury car. Automatic windshield wipers and headlines with auto brights. Lane watch and blind spot monitoring work great and help prevent me from doing anything stupid. The assisted cruise control in the Grand Touring tech package works like a charm, making it so I don't have to constantly come out of cruise control whenever I come up on a slower car. It smoothly slows down to a set follow-distance until the lane is clear. Some reviewers were concerned about the large tires causing a rougher ride. I didn't notice this. Maybe if you were used to a huge truck or something, you would feel that, but I didn't. The biggest knock against the Mazda 6 I've seen has been the touch display system in the front. Everything has worked fine for me and the system seems pretty intuitive and easy to use. The touch screen buttons seems slightly laggy though, and I think some other cars have bigger displays if that's important to you. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the car. After some serious research on Toyotas, Accords, VWs, and Lexuses among others -- including several test drives -- I am convinced I made the best choice."