2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,560 - $20,227.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

A Car with Soul and Style

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Tremendous value, Intangibles, Luxury feel"

Cons: "Base models lack i-Loop and Tech Pkdg Options"

"Mazda has done something that few in the mid-size sedan segment have done, namely- integrate production,design and function to create a unique car and driver experience. An almost premium luxury sedan feel in a sedan firmly priced at the mid-range. Handling and road feel are firm and balanced. Power is solid and fuel efficiency is excellent for a car in its class. Styling is exciting, but still provides excellent ergonomics and driver visibility. The cabin is spacious and the interior is classic and simple. Noise levels are low, though additional sound isolation would enhance the overall driving experience."

my favorite mazda

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Elegant styling, gas effecient, excellent features"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPhone compatibility could be improved."

"We bought our 2015 Touring in crystal blue with Bose & moon roof in Oct 2014. I've had my eye on this car since Mazda came out with the new design. It's a beautiful car. We've been driving Mazdas for awhile - 1995 Mazda MX3, 2001 Tribute, and 2011 Mazda3. The 2015 Mazda6 is our favorite car (we've owned a few Nissan's too)! We live in the Wash, DC area and now my 45 minute commute is enjoyable! I love driving this car. Yes, a manual transmission would've been preferred, but it wasn't practical with the DC commute. This car drives smoothly, is beautiful to look at and only sips gas. We drive from Virginia to DC everyday and we only fill up this car around 1.5 weeks. Braking is smooth, acceleration is just right for our needs. For its size, its a very agile car. The trunk is huge - we've already hauled large sheets of wood from the store. Never really needed extra bells and whistles, but now I can't imagine buying another car without all the safety cameras/sensors the Mazda6 came with."

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Price, styling inside and out, fun to drive"

Cons: "It could be quiter at hwy speeds"

"This car is absolutely beautiful, people usually guess the price is about 10K higher than it actually is. It drives like a sports car, has decent power and it is one of the last sedans you can still get with a manual. Only drawback is that is not as quiet inside at hwy speeds as it could be."

Feels like a luxury car!

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesomely fun to drive, comfortable, convenient"

Cons: "Small side door storage pockets"

"This car is amazing. I wanted something with more personality than a Camry or Accord, and had been looking at Audis, Lexuses, and other luxury cars. This car feels like a bridge between mid-size sedans and their luxury cousins. Awesome features, great comfort, class-leading handling. Luxury-feel in every way but price. It's perfect. It's sleek and aggressively styled; I've gotten several compliments from strangers. Interior is just as good; nothing feels cheap. The transmission is amazingly smooth and it's really got some serious kick. I test drove a V6 Camry, and it would kick into higher gear and get some power, but it did it with a rough hesitant jerk and it jumped gears. This car doesn't do that, ever. It's very comfortable with a smooth, quiet ride and lots of leg room for passengers. The trunk is huge and doesn't have any weird curves or edges. My large golf bag fits straight back or sideways. The back seats fold down flat, which is nice and was a strong knock against the Accord which for some unexplainable reason don't fold down at all. Gas mileage is great, pushing 40 mpg, which is especially impressive given how sporty the car is. Doesn't hurt that Mazda was just recognized by KBB as the Best Brand for 5-year cost to own. Beyond the styling and interior, the tech features in particular make the Mazda 6 feel like a luxury car. Automatic windshield wipers and headlines with auto brights. Lane watch and blind spot monitoring work great and help prevent me from doing anything stupid. The assisted cruise control in the Grand Touring tech package works like a charm, making it so I don't have to constantly come out of cruise control whenever I come up on a slower car. It smoothly slows down to a set follow-distance until the lane is clear. Some reviewers were concerned about the large tires causing a rougher ride. I didn't notice this. Maybe if you were used to a huge truck or something, you would feel that, but I didn't. The biggest knock against the Mazda 6 I've seen has been the touch display system in the front. Everything has worked fine for me and the system seems pretty intuitive and easy to use. The touch screen buttons seems slightly laggy though, and I think some other cars have bigger displays if that's important to you. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the car. After some serious research on Toyotas, Accords, VWs, and Lexuses among others -- including several test drives -- I am convinced I made the best choice."

Nice Family car for long trips

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "No motion sickness, great auto transmission"

Cons: "Interior Lights can kill battery"

"This car keeps everyone in my family happy. My wife and sons don't get motion sickness on winding roads like all the other cars we have tried and its fun to drive. I'm not sure what Mazda has done to the suspension that's different from all the other midsize cars (we tried everything from Ford, Kia, Toyota and Honda) but it's the only car that doesn't make my wife motion sick. The suspension is slightly stiffer than the Kia, Toyota, Honda but softer than the Ford. The interior noise is slightly more than the Honda but not by much. The automatic transmission is the best I have driven in any car of any type. It is smooth shifting quiet and quick. After it learns your driving (a couple hundred miles, I know because it looses its settings after the battery goes dead, see con section below) it seems it's never in the wrong gear. The manual mode is great too and allows very precise and quick shifts which allows precise engine breaking for long down slopes. The car handles the curves nicely without being too harsh or rolling too much and the breaking is smooth and linear and handles dry roads to slick ice well. The steering has the best driver feedback of all the current midsize cars. On long stretches of highway the car seems to glide along effortlessly but never puts you to sleep. The blind spot monitoring system and backup monitoring is brilliant. Its never obtrusive and extremely reliable and it definitely adds an extra layer of safety to everyday driving without being annoying. The interior is exactly like I like it simple, clean and convenient. Modern Hondas are exactly the opposite, with lots of very complicated and confusing controls, so if you like Honda interiors you will probably dislike the Mazda 6 interior and vice-versa. Fuel economy in my car is entirely dependent on the driver. It never gets bad economy but it can get amazing economy. My Brother drives like the police are chasing him and gets about 26mpg but on long trips I can drive it gently and get 45mpg easily, my wife gets about 33mpg average. The cars fuel monitor is almost exactly 9% pessimistic in my car reporting 9% less mpg than I actually get. I keep a log of every fill-up and its always consistent. The interior is roomy even with two car seats an adult can sit in the back comfortably and the two front seats keep plenty of leg room for anyone under 6 feet tall. My friend who is 6'4" cannot fit comfortably in the drivers seat but another who is 6'1" can. I'm 5'9" and I fit great, my wife is 4'11" and she fits great. So I can't recommend the car for a driver who is much over 6' tall but even very short drivers like my wife fit great with great visibility. Cons: The automatic cabin light system can drain the battery. My sons love to play with any buttons they can find and there are several ways to turn on the cabin lights so that they stay on continuously which will drain the battery if your not careful, everything else in the car shuts off after a while just not the cabin lights in specific modes. A good design is like Fords I have owned, they shut off everything accidentally left on after an hour or so. Also the I-drive knob (or some other such stupid name) between the passenger and driver seats is stupid and useless but at least its not intrusive, everyone simply ignores it. My wife doesn't like the sound of the trunk when it closes she says it sounds cheap. The other doors sound nice when you close them."