2011 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great Value, comfortable, reliable, handles well

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get!"

"I've gone on a 17 hour road trip with this car, drove through blizzards, and driven around Madison (hometown) and love this car. It's huge on the inside, seats 4 people extremely comfortably. Tons of extra space. Fun to drive, and has never let me down!"

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"This an updated review. I've owned the Mazda 6 almost a year now and had a few issues. 1) rattle under the dash area when cold weather sets in. 2) A/C compressor failed. 3) Keyless entry fob broke. All issues were taken care of in a timely manner by the dealer. Rattle still persists but can be lived with. The V-6 is a real zoom-zoom performer with 28mpg highway and 20 city. Looks as though this car is a keeper."

Excellent driving and handling sports sedan

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty looks and handling, quality"

Cons: "Firmer seating, rear seat cooling/heating"

"Mine is the std. 4 cyl and I'm impressed with the power and acceleration this vehicle has. It's handling is well balanced with good ride. Going on four years ownership I still admire its good looks and design. Fit and finish on mine is very good with no annoying noises inside or out. Changing the OEM Michelins when the time came helped even more in handling and quietness. My only suggestion for improvement is the front seats could use a bit more padding in the lower half. The pwr seats have infinite adjustments but I still have trouble on longer rides without a little added cushioning. Overall a very good quality car built in Flatrock, MI"

The best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Power, handling, style, ride"

Cons: "Expensive. FWD"

"I test drove 8 different models of vehicles before buying the Mazda 6. I traded my 2006 Legacy in for it. Other cars driven, Legacy (too slow and too small), WRX (Too small but plenty fast), G-6 (too small too slow), G-8 (Great size, real compfy but too spongie in corners), Jetta (too small too slow), A4 (Sweet car too expensive), Camry (Plush but too slow n spongie), Accord (Sweet tide, great car. A bad dealership experience drove me away but I will look at this car again)and CC (Sweet car too expensive for the options I was looking for. I will look at this car again too. very nice). The Mazda 6 was about $8k over my budget but I loved it so much I made a few consesions in order to own it and have not been disapointed. I got the GT-S version with virtually every option except the navigation and spoiler. I drive a lot and really wanted a comfortable car and I am still a knucklehead on the streets and wanted something sporty. I do drive too fast and make some bonehead moves from time to time but this car has the oomph needed to get out of it's own way. The ONLY thing I do not like about the car is front wheel drive only. I would prefer all wheel drive for rain and snow."

Practical sports sedan that looks/handles great

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling, style, fun to drive, value"

Cons: "fit/finish is great but too much plastic on dash"

"I get bored quick when it comes to cars. At 39 years old I have owned well over 20 different vehicles. I have had everything from pick-up trucks to sports cars. Now that I have a wife, 3 kids, and a picket fence I need something practical. I have both a 2009 Mazda6 I Grand Touring, and a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. The 5 gets daily driving chores, and the 6 is used as a second car. Both are well equipped for the price and they do exactly what they are designed to do. Nothing out there handles like a Mazda. Obviously I can not compare my Mazda6 to a Shelby GT500. But compared to a Camry, Accord, or Altima, or other similarly priced mid-size sedans nothing comes close. You can look at specs all day long and make arguments for every car out there. What matters in the end is how the car feels on the road, and the Mazda won't disappoint."