2010 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great vehicle, feel like a kid again!

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

Pros: "Stylish, incredibly fun drive, real head turner."

Cons: "No major cons."

"I own the Mazda 6 S Grand Touring. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like to, but it never fails to turn heads and raise questions when I drive by or pull in. The vehicle has great zip with minor hesitation while trying to pass. This is not really a detractor in most situations. The pause is almost unnoticeable by all but the driver. The interior is plush, but the quality of the materials could be better. Most notably the vents for the A/C are flimsy. With that said, it is laid out very well with focus on comfort and style. It looks and feels like a car built for a much younger crowd, however it fits my wife and our children in with plenty of room. The trunk is spacious enough for all of our stuff if we just need to get away for the weekend. The gas mileage could be better based on current gas prices of $3.65, however I usually can get 350 miles per tank so it results in about 21 miles per gallon in mixed city/hwy traffic. Overall, I would highly recommend this vehicle and driving it has made my wife want a Mazda for herself."

Have wanted a Mazda6 for YEARS!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, reliable, stylish"

Cons: "mp3 connection is not a USB connection"

"For many years, many design changes, and many test drives - I have always wanted a Mazda6. I had always wanted to trade my first car (a Pontiac Sunfire) in for one but instead got married and inherited a Yukon. Finally, after divorcing and starting anew i finally got my red Mazda6, only one year old. I LOVE IT! I knew from the second I found it in the color I wanted. The red isn't too bright and the interior (cloth) is actually really nice. Easy to keep clean. I love how i can see my MPG, the 6 disc changer and all the perks. I have the 4-cyl which is GREAT on gas. I drive locally so I only go through a 1/2 tank weekly. the sound system is great, turning radius is really good for that size of a car. It is stylish but reliable and sturdy. Haven't had any problems other than for a few days the automatic up/down on the windows for the front didn't work; you had to hold the button the whole time. the only thing I didn't care for was the MP3 connection is not a USB cord. Most phones/MP3 players are charged/connected with the USB cords. So i have yet ANOTHER cable in my car to listen to music on my phone or iPod. Loving my new car and so far so has everyone else who have gotten a ride. Turning some of my diehard Ford/Chevy friends into Mazda lovers!"

Great car, powerful and reliable

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "price, power, comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have driven this car for 84000 miles and I have driven it hard. It hasn't let me down. Other than two new batteries and a problem with the CD player, I have had no problems. Regular oil changes and a brake pad change and that is all. I couldn't be happier with that. I have the V6 Hatchback and I love that you can't tell it is a hatchback and the trunk becomes huge. I can fit two bikes in the back. The gas mileage could be better, but I also don't have to drive it like I do. I drove corss country and was getting up to 28 miles/gallon. THe AC isn't that great and burns gas. My only other complaint is the headlights on the 2005 are very dim. For a car just over 20,000 fully loaded with a V6, you can't do much better, and its not the car that grandma would be driving, like the Camry or Accord. I would highly recommend this car."

What Honda used to be...

By on Saturday, December 4, 2010

"After 12 Hondas, they were getting too big and bloated. After owning an 08 Accord for one year, I hated it. The Mazda 6 was a surprising alternative. No longer blinded by Honda loyalty, when I set out to find a comparable car to my older Accords, the Mazda stuck up above all the others. At the time, the MT was available on the hightest 4cyl trim level which was a huge selling point for me. It offeres features the Accord still doesn't (HIDs, streaming BT, keyless start, trip PC without NAVI). The performance has been GREAT. It has a light nimble touch that reminds me of older Hondas, unlke the heft of the current Accords that is always felt. Fuel economy has been very good. The interior is amazingly quiet on the hwy (why can't Honda get this down?). And the interior is very well laid out - agin, unlike current Hondas with interiors that are more decorated than ergonomically designed. Overall, the 6 has been a fantastic car. The lumbar support handle broke and was replaced under warranty . . . the only thing in nearly 40K miles - as opposed to the Accord that had brake and headlight issues (both subjected to a class action lawsuit) as well as other interior trim issues. I highly recommend the 6."

Get The Automatic!!!!

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"I purchased the 4 banger I-Sport 6 speed. I wanted a stick, and liked it during test drives so went with it. After living with it for several months, I wish I had bought the automatic. I drove the automatic recently on a business trip, and it is a great automatic with immediate response and great gearing. The six speed on the other hand is geared strangely and runs north of 3000 RPM at 70 MPH. I noticed the automatic only revs at 2500 RPM at 70 MPH. Probably why it gets better mileage and is quieter. The auto shifts fast and smooth and I see no advantage to the stick. It gets worse mileage, revs higher which may shorten engine life, and it is harder to sell used. One final thing, if you can get the top of the line 6 for a good deal, and are willing to sacrifice mileage, jump on it. Nicer car than some of the Lexus and Acura line...and fast."