2010 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

mostly happy, but there are some issues

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

"This is my sixth Mazda -- I drive quite a lot and appreciate the value, reliability and driving enjoyment. This 2010 Mazda6 is a great looking car, rides well, and feels solid. I don't regret buying it. However, all my previous Mazdas required very little replacement. The lock on the driver's side shorted out in April, a $600 fix not covered by the warrantee. And now I have a hole in the exhaust system. I drove my 2001 Mazda 626 over 100,000 miles without ever having any exhaust system issues. Granted, that car I bought new and this one was a certified pre-owned, but I am surprised how many times it has been in the shop in the last 6 months."

Practical sports sedan that looks/handles great

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling, style, fun to drive, value"

Cons: "fit/finish is great but too much plastic on dash"

"I get bored quick when it comes to cars. At 39 years old I have owned well over 20 different vehicles. I have had everything from pick-up trucks to sports cars. Now that I have a wife, 3 kids, and a picket fence I need something practical. I have both a 2009 Mazda6 I Grand Touring, and a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. The 5 gets daily driving chores, and the 6 is used as a second car. Both are well equipped for the price and they do exactly what they are designed to do. Nothing out there handles like a Mazda. Obviously I can not compare my Mazda6 to a Shelby GT500. But compared to a Camry, Accord, or Altima, or other similarly priced mid-size sedans nothing comes close. You can look at specs all day long and make arguments for every car out there. What matters in the end is how the car feels on the road, and the Mazda won't disappoint."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: Room for family, got a new car

"Of the better car's I had. I sold it around 32k on it to get a new bigger car for the size of my growing family. The two issues I faced is the seat came unbolted once on the drivers side and my radio had to be replaced. Other than those two issues, it was a great car."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good handling, power"

Cons: "alloy wheels should be std, the steel wheels cheap"

"This time around, when buying a car, I focused on my needs rather than emotions or keeping up with the Jones. The Mazda 6 with the 6 speed manual represents the best compromise between fuel economy, comfort, power, and fun to drive. I added a spoiler, 17" alloy wheels with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires, body side mouldings, and fog lights. The car now has everything I want and nothing I don't want. Mazda is the unsung hero of the Japanese imports."

Terrific value on a great driving car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "value, quality, styling, performance - nice stereo"

Cons: "none that I can think of so far."

"We've owned our 2009 Mazda 6s 3.5 V6 since new and, like al the Mazdas we've owned, it is great fun to drive, gets pretty good mileage with the V-6 and looks like a Lexus, but sportier. This is our 3rd Mazda 6 including previously owned 2003 S and 2004 Soprt Wagon - which I wish I hadn't sold. I've owned 2 Nissan Maximas, an Audi and a BMW and while those were good cars and also fun to drive, none of them compare to any of our Mazdas. Admittedly I also love the 3.5 6-cyl engine in our 2009 and haven't quite understood how the new 184hp engine could bring as much driving pleasure, but I think I'm going to try and see how they compare."

I love this car!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"I've owned more than forty cars in my life and this is by far my favorite. (By the way, I also own a Miata and a Mazda5.) I love the way it looks, drives and feels and the seating comfort is perfect, front and rear. I'm reluctant to say this, but I can't look at it without smiling, even after owning it for three years. I get a consistent 26-27 MPG in city driving and 30-plus on the highway. The trunk is huge and the rear seat legroom is very generous. I can't comment on dealer service because it has never needed any, but the salesman was a pleasure to deal with and I returned to buy the Mazda5 from him for my wife. I will soon be looking him up to negotiate for a 2014 Mazda6."

Great car for Mon-Fri and fun on the weekends!

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great Front Seats, Fun to drive, few on the road"

Cons: "Weak audio speakers"

"I bought a new 2013 Mazda6 Slate colored exterior/black cloth interior iTouring Plus. The test drive sold me on this car. I liked my younger sister's Mazda3 but needed more room, this fit the bill perfectly. I'm not a technology geek, so didnt need the fancy navigation system; quite happy with the level of technology in my car. So far I have racked up 1700 miles of carefree driving, the handeling is simply great right up there with my old VW Passat and Jetta. The only demerits are the lack of rear vents and the weak audio speakers. I would recommend this car to anyone especially if you want something different from the Camary, Accord, and Sonota crowd."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "extremely comfortable seat and excellent handling."

Cons: "road noise but my 2006 mazda 6 was no different."

"Fuel economy and road noise are the only thing that make this car a 9 and not a 10.Road noise was no different than my previous 2006 mazda 6. Fuel economy is ok if driving gingerly. Previous mazda6 15% better fuel economy, but newer 4cyl in 2013 is more powerful and responsive in accelerating."

Great Car for the $$$

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value and a blast to drive."

Cons: "N/A"

"I bought new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. No issues to this point other than an issue with the key fob. I had intended on buying an Altima but got way more car for the money by going with the Mazda. Interior design is well thought out and looks good from the outside too. For a 4 door sedan that has plenty of room inside, the gas mileage is great (about 25 in town and over 30 on the hwy). Handles great and the ride is comfortable overall. Not quite as good for resale as a Toyota or Honda but no regrets here, plan on driving the wheels off it. Best in it's class overall. Love this car!!"

Great looks, bad gas milage

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, power, comfort, handling."

Cons: "Gas milage, resale value, interrior kinda delicate"

"Love the way car looks and drives. Gas milage is poor, 22 MPG with V6. Interrior rattles slightly in places when cold. Great for long distance driving. Comfortable seats and ride. Voice command is useless, gets commands wrong 9 out of 10 times. After having this car for almost 3 years resale has dropped sevearly. Should have picked it up used and save 10k."