2010 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Love the Car

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"The Mazda6 is definitely a fun car to drive with a lot of power. I purchased the S Grand Touring model. It has a powerful 3.7L (V6 engine) 272 hrs power and 269 ft of torque. I have been able to do 0-60 in 6.1 secs. I have been averaging more gas milage than advertised. I am getting 20.5 city/28 highway. It is a quiet and smooth ride. The engine is more powerful, but quieter than the older model. The interior is well designed and comfortable. The Exterior is stylish and easy on the eyes. I love the blind spot monitoring system and the 5 star crash test rating. I can tell that this new redesign Mazda6 has great quality. It feels and drives like a lot of luxury Cars, but with a sporty feel like an Acura TL. Overall the car is awesome and I would recommend anyone to drive one before you buy your next car."

Extremely good familly sedan , almost sport sedan

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, well equiped, confortable"

"I got that car for my wife to be the familly car. I have a V 8 Musatng for fun. Good looking, spacious and good handling ( but more grippy tires will make it handle like a BMW.) It is a very good value and comes well equiped even as a basic model (I- Sport / 4 Cyl.) We are extremely satisfied with that car."

I've been asked, Why Mazda 6? Answer: NO SURPRISES

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Good value..Good quality..Fun to drive"

Cons: "There are a few. Does not detract from driving exp"

"This is my forth Mazda 6. Why? No surprises. Nothing has broken on any of them. I've owned an '03,'07,'11 and now a 2013. All previous models were the 4cyl. Not bad with two adults and light load but with more of a load it's tad bit underpowered. I went the whole route on this one. S sedan Grand Touring. Base is 29,570 and with Tech pkg and pearl wht paint 32,350.{i recommend the teck pkg} With discount at dealer, 27,500. A real value. You can read all the reviews that you want but if you drive it you will understand why I now am on my forth one. Happy motoring! Or as Mazda puts it,ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM."

Nice driving and looking with some unusual quirks

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Styling, paint, ride, handling"

Cons: "Interior gets too warm, bad dealer/factory service"

"This car is great looking and fun to drive, although the 4cyl could be stronger. That's more our fault for not getting the V6. There are some odd quirks that I've never experienced with a new car, however. The top right corner of the windshield is permanently smudged. It looks like greasy fingerprint smudges but it's actually inside the glass! Our option to fix it? Have a new windshield installed. No thanks. Worst problem is interior heat. We have had an intermittent problem with heat coming from under the instrument panel by the steering column, as if the heater is on. At the same time the ignition key would get very hot. Dealer measured and confirmed high temperature but with no service bulletins on the subject we are out of luck! Also, in slow traffic, the ventilation puts out rather warm air even when set at the coolest setting and during a cool day. So the windows must be lowered. Never had a car with these heat related problems. Two dealers and Mazda customer service have been of no help. In fact the dealer we purchased from closed and the one in our town disgusted us with their poor service department. So we ether go back to them or travel about 40 miles to the next closest dealer. In short, factory service has stunk! The heat problem and lack of service satisfaction would make me hesitant to recommend the car. Yet, compared to the others in it's class that we drove before buying, it was the best."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "great price, very comfortable, roomy cabin"

Cons: "a little sluggish accelerating from a stop"

"I love this car. It's my first new car and I've never been so happy driving! It's so comfortable and I love the interior. I had wanted a V6 but actually I have had no complaints about the 4-banger. I am pleasantly surprised!"

Great Value, comfortable, reliable, handles well

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get!"

"I've gone on a 17 hour road trip with this car, drove through blizzards, and driven around Madison (hometown) and love this car. It's huge on the inside, seats 4 people extremely comfortably. Tons of extra space. Fun to drive, and has never let me down!"

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"This an updated review. I've owned the Mazda 6 almost a year now and had a few issues. 1) rattle under the dash area when cold weather sets in. 2) A/C compressor failed. 3) Keyless entry fob broke. All issues were taken care of in a timely manner by the dealer. Rattle still persists but can be lived with. The V-6 is a real zoom-zoom performer with 28mpg highway and 20 city. Looks as though this car is a keeper."

Excellent driving and handling sports sedan

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty looks and handling, quality"

Cons: "Firmer seating, rear seat cooling/heating"

"Mine is the std. 4 cyl and I'm impressed with the power and acceleration this vehicle has. It's handling is well balanced with good ride. Going on four years ownership I still admire its good looks and design. Fit and finish on mine is very good with no annoying noises inside or out. Changing the OEM Michelins when the time came helped even more in handling and quietness. My only suggestion for improvement is the front seats could use a bit more padding in the lower half. The pwr seats have infinite adjustments but I still have trouble on longer rides without a little added cushioning. Overall a very good quality car built in Flatrock, MI"

The best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Power, handling, style, ride"

Cons: "Expensive. FWD"

"I test drove 8 different models of vehicles before buying the Mazda 6. I traded my 2006 Legacy in for it. Other cars driven, Legacy (too slow and too small), WRX (Too small but plenty fast), G-6 (too small too slow), G-8 (Great size, real compfy but too spongie in corners), Jetta (too small too slow), A4 (Sweet car too expensive), Camry (Plush but too slow n spongie), Accord (Sweet tide, great car. A bad dealership experience drove me away but I will look at this car again)and CC (Sweet car too expensive for the options I was looking for. I will look at this car again too. very nice). The Mazda 6 was about $8k over my budget but I loved it so much I made a few consesions in order to own it and have not been disapointed. I got the GT-S version with virtually every option except the navigation and spoiler. I drive a lot and really wanted a comfortable car and I am still a knucklehead on the streets and wanted something sporty. I do drive too fast and make some bonehead moves from time to time but this car has the oomph needed to get out of it's own way. The ONLY thing I do not like about the car is front wheel drive only. I would prefer all wheel drive for rain and snow."

Practical sports sedan that looks/handles great

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling, style, fun to drive, value"

Cons: "fit/finish is great but too much plastic on dash"

"I get bored quick when it comes to cars. At 39 years old I have owned well over 20 different vehicles. I have had everything from pick-up trucks to sports cars. Now that I have a wife, 3 kids, and a picket fence I need something practical. I have both a 2009 Mazda6 I Grand Touring, and a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. The 5 gets daily driving chores, and the 6 is used as a second car. Both are well equipped for the price and they do exactly what they are designed to do. Nothing out there handles like a Mazda. Obviously I can not compare my Mazda6 to a Shelby GT500. But compared to a Camry, Accord, or Altima, or other similarly priced mid-size sedans nothing comes close. You can look at specs all day long and make arguments for every car out there. What matters in the end is how the car feels on the road, and the Mazda won't disappoint."

Great car, some quirks

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Nice styling, character, handling, a driver's car"

Cons: "Some cheap plastic bits, base radio stinks."

"I've owned my '09 Kona Blue s Touring 6 for about three years and like it very much. It has the "convenience package" which includes Bluetooth, rain-sensing wipers, BSM, xenon lights, etc. A seal was leaking in the power steering pump requiring an entire replacement at 3500 miles. An unbearable "flapping" noise caused by a loose piece of under-body trim required fixing however that's the extent of the problems other than a small rattle in the dash. The exterior of the car is gorgeous and very unique, the interior is laid out very well but suffers from some cheap plastic bits here and there - mostly the door panels and center console. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and the car has a MUCH more sporting character than the plain vanilla Camry or Accords. The V6 engine has tons of low and high-end power and accelerates the car effortlessly. It's quiet, refined and is happy on regular gas. OK it doesn't get the best gas mileage with the V6 but that's the price you pay for a 3.7 liter engine. The engine is actually a Duratec variant made by Ford and has been well regarded over the years - it's terrific. The transmission is an Aisin AWTF-80 SC. It's a high-torque transmission that's used in other Mazdas, Volvo's and a few others. It has a good reputation for being reliable. Mazda definitely got the "manual" shift pattern right - pull it down to advance to the next gear, up for previous. That's the way it SHOULD be in a driver's car. Handling is definitely a strong point of the 6. The suspension is tuned well for the twisties and the car has front and rear anti-sway bars. It stays well planted in the corners. The ride is a bit harsher than others but by no means uncomfortable. At speed the car is quiet and composed. The Michelin's that came on the car are quiet at first, are OK for dry traction but absolutely atrocious for wet traction. The more they wear the worse they get - I can't wait to replace them! Mazda if you're listening, get rid of the Michelin MXM4s and put Yokohama AVIDs, Continental ExtremeContacts, anything but those Michelins! The only other rant I have is regarding the base audio system. It's adequate but not one of the better units I've had in a vehicle. The car has grown on me over the years and I am more attached to it now than when it was new - this is something that's not happened to me before and I've owned an Acura TL-S, an Infiniti G35 and a bunch of Toyotas. My 6 was leased and I'm gonna buy her next month when the lease is up. This is also something I've never done before when a lease was up. Bottom line is the Mazda6 won't disappoint you and will likely grow on you as the car ages. It actually has character, which is a rarity among Japanese cars these days."

Great vehicle, feel like a kid again!

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Stylish, incredibly fun drive, real head turner."

Cons: "No major cons."

"I own the Mazda 6 S Grand Touring. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like to, but it never fails to turn heads and raise questions when I drive by or pull in. The vehicle has great zip with minor hesitation while trying to pass. This is not really a detractor in most situations. The pause is almost unnoticeable by all but the driver. The interior is plush, but the quality of the materials could be better. Most notably the vents for the A/C are flimsy. With that said, it is laid out very well with focus on comfort and style. It looks and feels like a car built for a much younger crowd, however it fits my wife and our children in with plenty of room. The trunk is spacious enough for all of our stuff if we just need to get away for the weekend. The gas mileage could be better based on current gas prices of $3.65, however I usually can get 350 miles per tank so it results in about 21 miles per gallon in mixed city/hwy traffic. Overall, I would highly recommend this vehicle and driving it has made my wife want a Mazda for herself."

Have wanted a Mazda6 for YEARS!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, reliable, stylish"

Cons: "mp3 connection is not a USB connection"

"For many years, many design changes, and many test drives - I have always wanted a Mazda6. I had always wanted to trade my first car (a Pontiac Sunfire) in for one but instead got married and inherited a Yukon. Finally, after divorcing and starting anew i finally got my red Mazda6, only one year old. I LOVE IT! I knew from the second I found it in the color I wanted. The red isn't too bright and the interior (cloth) is actually really nice. Easy to keep clean. I love how i can see my MPG, the 6 disc changer and all the perks. I have the 4-cyl which is GREAT on gas. I drive locally so I only go through a 1/2 tank weekly. the sound system is great, turning radius is really good for that size of a car. It is stylish but reliable and sturdy. Haven't had any problems other than for a few days the automatic up/down on the windows for the front didn't work; you had to hold the button the whole time. the only thing I didn't care for was the MP3 connection is not a USB cord. Most phones/MP3 players are charged/connected with the USB cords. So i have yet ANOTHER cable in my car to listen to music on my phone or iPod. Loving my new car and so far so has everyone else who have gotten a ride. Turning some of my diehard Ford/Chevy friends into Mazda lovers!"

Great car, powerful and reliable

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "price, power, comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have driven this car for 84000 miles and I have driven it hard. It hasn't let me down. Other than two new batteries and a problem with the CD player, I have had no problems. Regular oil changes and a brake pad change and that is all. I couldn't be happier with that. I have the V6 Hatchback and I love that you can't tell it is a hatchback and the trunk becomes huge. I can fit two bikes in the back. The gas mileage could be better, but I also don't have to drive it like I do. I drove corss country and was getting up to 28 miles/gallon. THe AC isn't that great and burns gas. My only other complaint is the headlights on the 2005 are very dim. For a car just over 20,000 fully loaded with a V6, you can't do much better, and its not the car that grandma would be driving, like the Camry or Accord. I would highly recommend this car."

What Honda used to be...

By on Saturday, December 04, 2010

"After 12 Hondas, they were getting too big and bloated. After owning an 08 Accord for one year, I hated it. The Mazda 6 was a surprising alternative. No longer blinded by Honda loyalty, when I set out to find a comparable car to my older Accords, the Mazda stuck up above all the others. At the time, the MT was available on the hightest 4cyl trim level which was a huge selling point for me. It offeres features the Accord still doesn't (HIDs, streaming BT, keyless start, trip PC without NAVI). The performance has been GREAT. It has a light nimble touch that reminds me of older Hondas, unlke the heft of the current Accords that is always felt. Fuel economy has been very good. The interior is amazingly quiet on the hwy (why can't Honda get this down?). And the interior is very well laid out - agin, unlike current Hondas with interiors that are more decorated than ergonomically designed. Overall, the 6 has been a fantastic car. The lumbar support handle broke and was replaced under warranty . . . the only thing in nearly 40K miles - as opposed to the Accord that had brake and headlight issues (both subjected to a class action lawsuit) as well as other interior trim issues. I highly recommend the 6."

Get The Automatic!!!!

By on Tuesday, July 07, 2009

"I purchased the 4 banger I-Sport 6 speed. I wanted a stick, and liked it during test drives so went with it. After living with it for several months, I wish I had bought the automatic. I drove the automatic recently on a business trip, and it is a great automatic with immediate response and great gearing. The six speed on the other hand is geared strangely and runs north of 3000 RPM at 70 MPH. I noticed the automatic only revs at 2500 RPM at 70 MPH. Probably why it gets better mileage and is quieter. The auto shifts fast and smooth and I see no advantage to the stick. It gets worse mileage, revs higher which may shorten engine life, and it is harder to sell used. One final thing, if you can get the top of the line 6 for a good deal, and are willing to sacrifice mileage, jump on it. Nicer car than some of the Lexus and Acura line...and fast."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; beautiful car"

"Have nothing negative to say about the Mazda 6. Was not looking at Mazda when I purchased this car but fell in love. The car is gorgeous and drives very well. The Bluetooth system is fantastic and high end, without me purchasing anything additional."

Great Car for the $$$

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value and a blast to drive."

Cons: "N/A"

"I bought new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. No issues to this point other than an issue with the key fob. I had intended on buying an Altima but got way more car for the money by going with the Mazda. Interior design is well thought out and looks good from the outside too. For a 4 door sedan that has plenty of room inside, the gas mileage is great (about 25 in town and over 30 on the hwy). Handles great and the ride is comfortable overall. Not quite as good for resale as a Toyota or Honda but no regrets here, plan on driving the wheels off it. Best in it's class overall. Love this car!!"

Family sports car!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Good looking"

Cons: "Gas mileage and harsh ride"

"Traded my mid-life crisis Mazda RX8 for this car because I was tired of shifting. I do not regret it....most of the time. This car is fast and handles the curves very well. Styling is good inside and out. You will not see one at every stop light like a Camary or Accord. Comfortable and reliable with quality materials and good fit and finish. Ride is a little harsh and gas mileage could be better."

2011 Mazda 6i Sport

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Good price, Fun to drive"

"After researching on the Internet, I decided to look at the Mazda 6. I'm glad I did. It has the rear seat space of a larger car, great (in my opinion) styling, good build quality at a very competitive price. I got a Mazda 6i Sport with a 6 speed manual. I'm retired, and don't do much urban stop-and-go driving. I wanted a "practical" car that was fun to drive-so I got a manual. When I test-drove the car at the dealership, I found the 6 speed manual to be smooth. The "shift gate" defining the gears was good - much better than the older cars that I have driven. The handling was solid. The layout of the dash impressed me, as well as the overall interior quality of the car. I got a "lower-end" model of the 6, but it came with most of the features that I wanted, and at a very good price. Time will tell if it's a reliable car, but it should, having the same 4-cylinder engine as the Ford Fusion, and a reliable proven design for the transmission. It's a good value, and I would recommend looking at the 6 when you are looking for a new car."

Poorman's Lexus

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "A lot of Zoom Zoom! for the price."

Cons: "No rear AC vents for rear passengers but dual-zone AC runs plenty cold enough"

"Outstanding value! This is a sleeper in value and performance compared to the "Camcords" on the road. I like the exclusivity of the 6 and even rarer the S Grand Touring V6. Unfortunately this car left its core "tuner" audience behind while going upscale for 2009 and beyond which did not help the sales record. You can't find a bad review from any of the top car mags. The 272hp V6 is intoxicating! Zip!,Zap!, and Pow! and it scoots down the road virtually without any torque steer for a FWD...Mazda engineering at best! Can't beat the features, advanced key-less, push button start, blue-tooth phone and audio streaming, self-dimming rear view AND side mirrors, Homelink. Poorman's Lexus but I'm afraid the secret is getting out and the price will increase. This is my fourth Mazda and second 6. My 2006 6 is the Sportwagon and I wished they had brought it it back with the 2009 model year."

Really good sedan

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, good family sedan"

Cons: "can't really think of any"

"I have the 4 cyl Grand Touring version, and love it. Good acceleration, great handling and brakes. Good interior and trunk space, very comfortable. Gas mileage is consistently 20-21 in suburban driving (very little freeway driving or stop-and-go commuting). It's developed a rattle in the driver's door, but that's the only problem in three years."

Great car (but for a few annoyances)

By on Thursday, May 13, 2010

"I bought my 6i Sport new in August 09 and have put over 30,000 miles on it in less than 9 months. Overall, I would recommend this car. The pros include good handling with minimal body roll, adequate (though not overwhelming) power and decent mileage (29-32 mpg on regular gas), a back seat that's far roomier than the styling suggests, a relatively sharp 6 speed manual, solid structure, and excellent reliability so far. Although they felt a bit odd at first, the seats are comfortable and supportive for hours on end. The drawbacks have been relatively minor: a few rattles that started with only a few thousand miles (disappointing and a bit worrisome), grip-free standard tires (since replaced by 18" wheels and Eagle GTs, which are much better suited to the sporting suspension), substantial road noise, paint that apparently scratches easily, and an armrest latch that broke (replaced under warranty). I bought the car because it seemed like it would be entertaining on fun roads, comfortable on boring ones, roomy enough to carry adults comfortably, affordable to own, and reliable over the long haul. So far, it has not let me down."

More refinement needed.

By on Thursday, December 03, 2009

"For Kelly Blue Book More refinement needed. After reading so many positive reviews on the new generation Mazda 6, I decided to purchase a 2010 Mazda iTouring (4 cyl/auto). It’s a nicely designed car, handles well, has a decent sound system, and is fun to drive. It also has a nicely laid out dashboard which makes access to the radio and A/C and heater controls easy. On the downside are refinement and quality-control issues. For example, a 1/8” gap can be seen where the interior windshield posts meet the dashboard. Also, there’s too much plastic on the left side of the dashboard and cheap-looking vinyl on the center console. Better insulation to control engine and road noise would have been nice. Most annoying, though, is a thudding sound coming from the rear of the car. I later discovered it’s the gas sloshing around in the fuel tank, which is most noticeable when the tank is more than 1/2 full. It’s surprising that something this glaring was not detected during the quality-control process. Overall, what the 6 lacks in fit and finish and refinement, it makes up with in exterior design and handling."

This is a beautiful car and loaded.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"It is crimson red. It has beige leather seats, front are heated. It has a bose sound system. It is loaded and beautiful."