2010 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Very reliable and sporty

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Power and comfort"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"This car has not given me any trouble in the 5 1/2 years I have owned it. Love the power the 3.7 liter engine gives and the handling is good for a front wheel drive car. If Mazda added a turbo to this engine and made it rear wheel drive they would have a big seller."

great sports sudan

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Be sure to get the V6!"

Cons: "I would like a quiter interior from road noise"

"Very fun car to drive and the reliability has been awesome. Have owned it for over 5 years now with 105,000 miles with no problems. My only complaint is that the leather around the steering wheel faded quickly."

Very satisfied owner with this vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable drive and quiet cabin."

"Only one minor recall in five years. No mechanical problems. Recommend this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "ride, room, trunk, steering, Dependable, Bose."

Cons: "Passing acceleration."

"Bought my 09 Mazda 6 new in 2008 when they just came out.It has been a great car. Very reliable. Very comfortable, i'm 6'3'. Huge trunk. smooth ride. good mileage. could be i little faster. for passing.normal driving fine. I have been extremely happy . would by another Mazda but the 2014 6 has less head room."

Decent midsize vehicle for the price

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior room, trunk size, interior design/control"

Cons: "Driving dynamics and feel, interior materials"

"The 2011 Mazda 6i Sport is a decent midsize vehicle for the money. The exterior design is reasonably distinctive, although I would not call it handsome. The interior is well-designed and thoughtfully laid out, but the materials feel hard and cheap. They are a step below their competition. The layout of the controls for the driver and the passenger are favorable, so it makes it easy to live with. The cloth seats leave something to be desired. They provide very little lumbar support and the seat cushion can be uncomfortable on long drives of over an hour. The steering wheel controls are a nice touch and make it easy to adjust the audio and the cruise control. The instrument panel is easy to read and is very logical. It looks like it belongs on a make of a far more expensive car. The vehicle dynamics are very poor. For those familiar with a Toyota Camry, you won't be disappointed, but if you are looking for a sporty "Zoom-Zoom" model, look elsewhere. The steering is very soft and numb, with very little feedback. The steering feels soft through cornering until it suddenly and without warning firms up mid-turn as you cross some magic speed threshold around 30 mph. It can be very jarring and hard to get used to. The suspension is set up strictly for a comfortable cruise, so don't bother trying to make it an engaging drive. There is a lot of dive and squat during acceleration and braking, and the car leans hard into turns as you take a turn with any speed. Quite frankly, this is a very disappointing outcome considering the sporty image that Mazda spent so many years cultivating. The gas mileage is decent though. I tend to drive with a heavy foot and do a lot of mixed driving during rush hour, and I regularly get 25-26 mpg. You can certainly do better with a lighter foot on the accelerator pedal. During long highway road trips, you can easily get 30-32 mpg. The backseat is huge and rather comfortable, with plenty of leg, shoulder, and headroom. You can take long road trips with passengers back there and they won't be uncomfortable. The trunk is impressively large. It is very wide and long, and the opening sits low enough to make putting things inside of it a breeze. I have had mixed luck with regards to the reliability. I invest a fair amount in preventative maintenance for my cars, with full-synthetic oil changes every 5,000 miles and I get all the fluids changed just as the owner's manual recommend. The car has been decent to me, but all of the headlights and taillights have burnt out after 50,000-60,000 miles and there were some odd electronic gremlins in the transmission at about 68,000 miles. The mechanic cleared the codes and it drove just fine, but it was somewhat disconcerting. Overall, it's a decent value for the money as long as you get a good price from your dealer/seller."

Decent midsize vehicle for the price

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior room, trunk size, interior design/control"

Cons: "Driving dynamics and feel, interior materials"

My 3rd Mx 6/626 - I keep buying 'em for a reason!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Value, reliability"

Cons: "slightly noisy in terior"

"Completely reliable - I put 170k and 193k mies on my first 2 626s [93, 01]- original everything except brakes and tires - even original clutch. Never fails me [my second one needed a fuel pump at one point]. Great cars, exceptional value and reliability. My '10 Mz6 is the same - it just keeps going. LOve them!"

This is a beautiful car and loaded.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"It is crimson red. It has beige leather seats, front are heated. It has a bose sound system. It is loaded and beautiful."

I love this car...but I really need an SUV

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "The MOST fun car I have ever driven! :)"

Cons: "I forgot that I needed GPS until I got lost! :("

"I feel like this car "found me" at the dealership. The paperwork was ready for me to purchase a new vehicle and at the last minute I asked the salesman if he had any other gently used vehicles that he could show me. When he brought this car out I knew this was the one for me. He said that he usually didn't show a manual transmission vehicle to woman but heck, I love to shift!! Anyway, it was a fluke and I love this car. I get so many compliments on it...especially from the young men at the car wash. That makes a middle-aged woman feel young again. Unfortunately, as much as I love my car I need to think about getting an SUV perhaps a Mazda 7, as I have grandkids and need a bit more room. But in the meantime this car has been a nice ride! Zoom zoom!"

very good car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Good solid car with quick response and good pick up"