2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; beautiful car"

"Have nothing negative to say about the Mazda 6. Was not looking at Mazda when I purchased this car but fell in love. The car is gorgeous and drives very well. The Bluetooth system is fantastic and high end, without me purchasing anything additional."

Great Car for the $$$

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value and a blast to drive."

Cons: "N/A"

"I bought new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. No issues to this point other than an issue with the key fob. I had intended on buying an Altima but got way more car for the money by going with the Mazda. Interior design is well thought out and looks good from the outside too. For a 4 door sedan that has plenty of room inside, the gas mileage is great (about 25 in town and over 30 on the hwy). Handles great and the ride is comfortable overall. Not quite as good for resale as a Toyota or Honda but no regrets here, plan on driving the wheels off it. Best in it's class overall. Love this car!!"

Family sports car!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Good looking"

Cons: "Gas mileage and harsh ride"

"Traded my mid-life crisis Mazda RX8 for this car because I was tired of shifting. I do not regret it....most of the time. This car is fast and handles the curves very well. Styling is good inside and out. You will not see one at every stop light like a Camary or Accord. Comfortable and reliable with quality materials and good fit and finish. Ride is a little harsh and gas mileage could be better."

2011 Mazda 6i Sport

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Good price, Fun to drive"

"After researching on the Internet, I decided to look at the Mazda 6. I'm glad I did. It has the rear seat space of a larger car, great (in my opinion) styling, good build quality at a very competitive price. I got a Mazda 6i Sport with a 6 speed manual. I'm retired, and don't do much urban stop-and-go driving. I wanted a "practical" car that was fun to drive-so I got a manual. When I test-drove the car at the dealership, I found the 6 speed manual to be smooth. The "shift gate" defining the gears was good - much better than the older cars that I have driven. The handling was solid. The layout of the dash impressed me, as well as the overall interior quality of the car. I got a "lower-end" model of the 6, but it came with most of the features that I wanted, and at a very good price. Time will tell if it's a reliable car, but it should, having the same 4-cylinder engine as the Ford Fusion, and a reliable proven design for the transmission. It's a good value, and I would recommend looking at the 6 when you are looking for a new car."

Poorman's Lexus

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "A lot of Zoom Zoom! for the price."

Cons: "No rear AC vents for rear passengers but dual-zone AC runs plenty cold enough"

"Outstanding value! This is a sleeper in value and performance compared to the "Camcords" on the road. I like the exclusivity of the 6 and even rarer the S Grand Touring V6. Unfortunately this car left its core "tuner" audience behind while going upscale for 2009 and beyond which did not help the sales record. You can't find a bad review from any of the top car mags. The 272hp V6 is intoxicating! Zip!,Zap!, and Pow! and it scoots down the road virtually without any torque steer for a FWD...Mazda engineering at best! Can't beat the features, advanced key-less, push button start, blue-tooth phone and audio streaming, self-dimming rear view AND side mirrors, Homelink. Poorman's Lexus but I'm afraid the secret is getting out and the price will increase. This is my fourth Mazda and second 6. My 2006 6 is the Sportwagon and I wished they had brought it it back with the 2009 model year."