2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

This is a great car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

"tons of bells and whistles and with a 6 speed transmission this is a fun car to drive."

Love this car

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive looks very expensive"

"This is my first Mazda and I love it I've never been so proud of my car before. My friend said it looks like a Lexus. I like that I have yet to see another one on the road in Dallas. It's beautiful"

Great car to drive and very economical

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"I have driven this car nonstop. It gets good gas milage, comfortable for long drives, and great control."

Great car, some quirks

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Nice styling, character, handling, a driver's car"

Cons: "Some cheap plastic bits, base radio stinks."

"I've owned my '09 Kona Blue s Touring 6 for about three years and like it very much. It has the "convenience package" which includes Bluetooth, rain-sensing wipers, BSM, xenon lights, etc. A seal was leaking in the power steering pump requiring an entire replacement at 3500 miles. An unbearable "flapping" noise caused by a loose piece of under-body trim required fixing however that's the extent of the problems other than a small rattle in the dash. The exterior of the car is gorgeous and very unique, the interior is laid out very well but suffers from some cheap plastic bits here and there - mostly the door panels and center console. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and the car has a MUCH more sporting character than the plain vanilla Camry or Accords. The V6 engine has tons of low and high-end power and accelerates the car effortlessly. It's quiet, refined and is happy on regular gas. OK it doesn't get the best gas mileage with the V6 but that's the price you pay for a 3.7 liter engine. The engine is actually a Duratec variant made by Ford and has been well regarded over the years - it's terrific. The transmission is an Aisin AWTF-80 SC. It's a high-torque transmission that's used in other Mazdas, Volvo's and a few others. It has a good reputation for being reliable. Mazda definitely got the "manual" shift pattern right - pull it down to advance to the next gear, up for previous. That's the way it SHOULD be in a driver's car. Handling is definitely a strong point of the 6. The suspension is tuned well for the twisties and the car has front and rear anti-sway bars. It stays well planted in the corners. The ride is a bit harsher than others but by no means uncomfortable. At speed the car is quiet and composed. The Michelin's that came on the car are quiet at first, are OK for dry traction but absolutely atrocious for wet traction. The more they wear the worse they get - I can't wait to replace them! Mazda if you're listening, get rid of the Michelin MXM4s and put Yokohama AVIDs, Continental ExtremeContacts, anything but those Michelins! The only other rant I have is regarding the base audio system. It's adequate but not one of the better units I've had in a vehicle. The car has grown on me over the years and I am more attached to it now than when it was new - this is something that's not happened to me before and I've owned an Acura TL-S, an Infiniti G35 and a bunch of Toyotas. My 6 was leased and I'm gonna buy her next month when the lease is up. This is also something I've never done before when a lease was up. Bottom line is the Mazda6 won't disappoint you and will likely grow on you as the car ages. It actually has character, which is a rarity among Japanese cars these days."

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "VERY smooth ride,great price for such a great look"

"The BEST car I have EVER owned!"

Best choice I could have made!!!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, looks, sound (bose) and all around."

Cons: "No rear AC vents, gas mileage isn't greatest."

"Had the car for over 3 years now, haven't had any issues other than the couple of recalls."

good car no more to say

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "wish i had went with the automatic tranmission"

"love it!!!!!!"

My Third Mazda

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Roominess, gas mileage"

Cons: "Vision backing up"

"Had Mazda Protege and Mazda 3 prior to this Mazda 6. Each vehicle has been better than the last. Handles great and gets great gas mileage with the 2.5L 4cyl engine. Also, seats 5 people comfortably (at least my kids look comfortable in the back seat - tons of leg room, so they're not pushing in the back of my seat!)"

A family sedan for driving enthusiasts

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Fast, sporty, roomy, practical, good looking"

Cons: "Not everybody wants a driver's car"

"The second generation Mazda 6 is fun to drive, great looking, has lots of interior room, and with the V6, is plenty quick. However, If you like the Accord or Camry, you probably won't like the Mazda 6. A friend of mine who owns a Honda Accord says he doesn't like my car because "it's too sporty." I think that says it all. The ride is a bit more firm and it's sports car looks are probably a turn-off for those who enjoy the bland and boring styling of the Camry and Accord. If you enjoy driving on twisty mountain roads and quickly accelerating onto the freeway, the Mazda 6 is a great car that is also practical and priced just right. And since Mazda is a smaller niche brand, there's more exclusivity in owning one since you won't see one driving by every five seconds. :)"

awesome

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"love this car!!"

Awesome Car Great looks and super color

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun and sporty car European style love it"

Cons: "Orange dash color, confusing MPG calculator"

Blue

"I love this car. Got my 2012 in early december and really love it. Drives sound minimal cabin noise very comfortable driving. Very quick pick up and fast. I never drove a mazada other than the rx-8 which i did not like. I wanted this car after I drove it. Not a big fan of the orange color display lights however i do like the blue glow on the dash. The MPG calculator on the dash is not user friendly. Love the blue tooth controls which includes bluetooth controls on steering wheel. Best car I have ever owned. I have the darker blue mica which is not listed here and I love the color."

Blue

Family sports car!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Good looking"

Cons: "Gas mileage and harsh ride"

"Traded my mid-life crisis Mazda RX8 for this car because I was tired of shifting. I do not regret it....most of the time. This car is fast and handles the curves very well. Styling is good inside and out. You will not see one at every stop light like a Camary or Accord. Comfortable and reliable with quality materials and good fit and finish. Ride is a little harsh and gas mileage could be better."

Nice looking car, very comfortable and rides nice.

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great!"

Cons: "Electric issues and construction not sound."

"This car is great for long road trips because of the comfort of the seats and the nice stereo system. I've had my 2009 Mazda6 Grand Touring Sedan for a little over 2 years with only 17,500 miles on it. I recently began experiencing electrical issues where the radio went on and off by itself, lights flashing on and off on the dash and the car would not shut off even after the battery was disconnected. The dealer thought they had it fixed, but I had to have it towed back to the dealer. Searches on the internet lead me to believe the "WIRE HARNESS" will need to be replaced. This involves removing the seats, carpet and part of the engine to replace all of the wiring in the car."

Fun to drive

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and comfortable to sit in."

Cons: "Needs more torque."

"I found white to be the best of all the colors. Gives the car a Lexus type look. Don't be cheap. The V6 is the only way to go. It has very good acceleration and handles beautifully. The leather seating is very comfortable and the trunk space is excellent. If I could change anything about the car it would be to add more torque to the car as well as more options in the design of the alloy wheels."

Like driving a Lexus without the Lexus price.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Aesthetically the most appealing car on the road."

Cons: "Obscure compromises on quality."

"Well appointed interior with more gadgets than I have the time to use. Excellent ride comfort and noise control. Keyfob system means never having to find your keys in the dark. Just grab the door handle, it beeps, and you can get in. Step on the brake, push the start button and you're on your way. Exterior styling is second to none. You get the appearance of an exotic import in a car that's built in Michigan. Navigation system adds $2,000 to the sticker, but if you can spend 30,000, why not make it 32,000? Love being able to find my way anywhere. Fit and finish are not the most precise. Upon very close examination, the hood is slightly off center. Interior rattles are minimal after 2 years. What is that sound in the trunk? Still can't figure it out. Don't expect miracles on fuel economy with the 3.7L 24 valve V6. I wanted power and I got it, but that eats up fuel. Great sports car feel and performance in a vehicle that provides ample space and comfort on long family trips."

My third and last Mazda. Not as nice as my others.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "price"

Cons: "style"

"Unbelievably cheap radio; CD does not show time of track, does not allow to fast fwd/rev; Tranny is very slow (thank god for sport shift mode); Upholstery is much better than my '03 and '05, but the styling was by far superior in the past. It was a massive mistake to have traded-in my '05. For the price, it still makes sense (despite the truly boring styling). Anticipate upgrading in '12 to something else."

Great vehicle, feel like a kid again!

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Stylish, incredibly fun drive, real head turner."

Cons: "No major cons."

"I own the Mazda 6 S Grand Touring. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like to, but it never fails to turn heads and raise questions when I drive by or pull in. The vehicle has great zip with minor hesitation while trying to pass. This is not really a detractor in most situations. The pause is almost unnoticeable by all but the driver. The interior is plush, but the quality of the materials could be better. Most notably the vents for the A/C are flimsy. With that said, it is laid out very well with focus on comfort and style. It looks and feels like a car built for a much younger crowd, however it fits my wife and our children in with plenty of room. The trunk is spacious enough for all of our stuff if we just need to get away for the weekend. The gas mileage could be better based on current gas prices of $3.65, however I usually can get 350 miles per tank so it results in about 21 miles per gallon in mixed city/hwy traffic. Overall, I would highly recommend this vehicle and driving it has made my wife want a Mazda for herself."

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"love it, great car"

Great car, would buy again.

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great interior, great response."

Cons: "Higher road noise."

"This car is fun to drive, probably as fun as any I've ever owned. Handles cornering with ease. Steering is precise, suspension tight. I have the four cylinder, and it has all the power I need, can pass with ease, enter freeways etc., no problem. My wife and I have driven this car on very long trips, and it is very comfortable to drive/ride in. Love the leather and cloth combo on the seats. Possible negatives: Has somewhat more road noise, wouldn't recommend for someone looking for a cushy car, this leans more towards a sport car feel. The built-in mic for bluetooth is placed so it gets a lot of noise."

I LOVE THIS CAR.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Fun to drive, Good exterior and interior"

Cons: "NA"

"This is the best car in its class!!"

Good for the Price

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"This is a good car for the price. The exterior is stylish and masculine. The handling is brilliant. Fuel consumption is impressive, and is fast on the highway once cranked up to speed. Now for the cons: The 4-cylinder model takes a while to crank up, but that's okay for general driving. The only real deficiency in the vehicle is the flimsy feel of the interior. Had Mazda spent a little more on the interior, this would be an excellent car for it's price range. While the interior quality is disappointing, it is still a good car for the price. It could have been an excellent vehicle for the price, but I still recommend it."

Love my Mazda6

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Sporty look and feel, fun to drive"

Cons: "Cannot think of any cons"

"I looked around at several competitors of the Mazda 6, test driving and getting a sense of what the other manufacturers had to offer. I decided on the Mazda6 for several reasons - sporty look and feel, both interior and exterior were high in quality, gas mileage, and overall value. It is incredible to drive; corners great. I love driving this car!"

Great Value, comfortable, reliable, handles well

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get!"

"I've gone on a 17 hour road trip with this car, drove through blizzards, and driven around Madison (hometown) and love this car. It's huge on the inside, seats 4 people extremely comfortably. Tons of extra space. Fun to drive, and has never let me down!"

Have wanted a Mazda6 for YEARS!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, reliable, stylish"

Cons: "mp3 connection is not a USB connection"

"For many years, many design changes, and many test drives - I have always wanted a Mazda6. I had always wanted to trade my first car (a Pontiac Sunfire) in for one but instead got married and inherited a Yukon. Finally, after divorcing and starting anew i finally got my red Mazda6, only one year old. I LOVE IT! I knew from the second I found it in the color I wanted. The red isn't too bright and the interior (cloth) is actually really nice. Easy to keep clean. I love how i can see my MPG, the 6 disc changer and all the perks. I have the 4-cyl which is GREAT on gas. I drive locally so I only go through a 1/2 tank weekly. the sound system is great, turning radius is really good for that size of a car. It is stylish but reliable and sturdy. Haven't had any problems other than for a few days the automatic up/down on the windows for the front didn't work; you had to hold the button the whole time. the only thing I didn't care for was the MP3 connection is not a USB cord. Most phones/MP3 players are charged/connected with the USB cords. So i have yet ANOTHER cable in my car to listen to music on my phone or iPod. Loving my new car and so far so has everyone else who have gotten a ride. Turning some of my diehard Ford/Chevy friends into Mazda lovers!"

Love my 09' Mazda 6

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive, economical, roomy,"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I have the 6speed version of the grand touring. I get way better gas mileage than the estimated. I average 31mpg. I drive mostly highway, but some city. The car is fun to drive. It looks great, and is decked out. I got a great deal on it and I reccommend it to anyone looking for a great car. I bought mine used in March of this year and my girlfriend liked it so much, she bought one in July. Great car!"