2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great car for Mon-Fri and fun on the weekends!

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great Front Seats, Fun to drive, few on the road"

Cons: "Weak audio speakers"

"I bought a new 2013 Mazda6 Slate colored exterior/black cloth interior iTouring Plus. The test drive sold me on this car. I liked my younger sister's Mazda3 but needed more room, this fit the bill perfectly. I'm not a technology geek, so didnt need the fancy navigation system; quite happy with the level of technology in my car. So far I have racked up 1700 miles of carefree driving, the handeling is simply great right up there with my old VW Passat and Jetta. The only demerits are the lack of rear vents and the weak audio speakers. I would recommend this car to anyone especially if you want something different from the Camary, Accord, and Sonota crowd."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "extremely comfortable seat and excellent handling."

Cons: "road noise but my 2006 mazda 6 was no different."

"Fuel economy and road noise are the only thing that make this car a 9 and not a 10.Road noise was no different than my previous 2006 mazda 6. Fuel economy is ok if driving gingerly. Previous mazda6 15% better fuel economy, but newer 4cyl in 2013 is more powerful and responsive in accelerating."

zoom zoom

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "lot of car for the money and fun to drive"

"Fun to drive and have had no problems with it. Get 21 mpg around town driving."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, Quiet engine and Roomy"

Cons: "Average Gas Milage and AUX Port location"

"I was dishearten when I drove the mazda3 for its loud, cramped ride. I gave Mazda one more chance with the 6series and it was everything I was looking for! Smooth just like the 3, more quiet and very luxurious. So far its been the best ride I've ever had :)"

great value

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "good value. good riding. good looking"

Cons: "can't think of any."

"Very comfortable. No problems in the 3 years owned."

Best car ever!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Technical, exterior and interior packages."

Cons: "Still looking."

"In the technical side this vehicle is one the best japanasse made. On the trim package is a good looking vehicle inside adn out (in my opinion). I'm a proud mazda owner, they never let me down."

Love this car

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive looks very expensive"

"This is my first Mazda and I love it I've never been so proud of my car before. My friend said it looks like a Lexus. I like that I have yet to see another one on the road in Dallas. It's beautiful"

Great car to drive and very economical

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"I have driven this car nonstop. It gets good gas milage, comfortable for long drives, and great control."

A family sedan for driving enthusiasts

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Fast, sporty, roomy, practical, good looking"

Cons: "Not everybody wants a driver's car"

"The second generation Mazda 6 is fun to drive, great looking, has lots of interior room, and with the V6, is plenty quick. However, If you like the Accord or Camry, you probably won't like the Mazda 6. A friend of mine who owns a Honda Accord says he doesn't like my car because "it's too sporty." I think that says it all. The ride is a bit more firm and it's sports car looks are probably a turn-off for those who enjoy the bland and boring styling of the Camry and Accord. If you enjoy driving on twisty mountain roads and quickly accelerating onto the freeway, the Mazda 6 is a great car that is also practical and priced just right. And since Mazda is a smaller niche brand, there's more exclusivity in owning one since you won't see one driving by every five seconds. :)"

Nice looking car, very comfortable and rides nice.

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great!"

Cons: "Electric issues and construction not sound."

"This car is great for long road trips because of the comfort of the seats and the nice stereo system. I've had my 2009 Mazda6 Grand Touring Sedan for a little over 2 years with only 17,500 miles on it. I recently began experiencing electrical issues where the radio went on and off by itself, lights flashing on and off on the dash and the car would not shut off even after the battery was disconnected. The dealer thought they had it fixed, but I had to have it towed back to the dealer. Searches on the internet lead me to believe the "WIRE HARNESS" will need to be replaced. This involves removing the seats, carpet and part of the engine to replace all of the wiring in the car."

Good for the Price

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"This is a good car for the price. The exterior is stylish and masculine. The handling is brilliant. Fuel consumption is impressive, and is fast on the highway once cranked up to speed. Now for the cons: The 4-cylinder model takes a while to crank up, but that's okay for general driving. The only real deficiency in the vehicle is the flimsy feel of the interior. Had Mazda spent a little more on the interior, this would be an excellent car for it's price range. While the interior quality is disappointing, it is still a good car for the price. It could have been an excellent vehicle for the price, but I still recommend it."

Love It. Stylish,Fun to drive . Great Handling

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Handling fun to drive price, and value"

Cons: "noine right now"

"Own the car for year and a half. No problems. Service has been great on it. Really love the way its handles. Mileage could be a little better. 25 city 32 33 highway. That's going the speed limit. All in all love the car. Its a 2010 I Sport."

Hello Mazda...Goodbye Honda

By on Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, spacious, great stock audio system"

Cons: "Mediocre gas mileage"

"Previously I owned and drove a '98 Honda Accord for 11 yrs and 143,000 and now am the happy owner of a 2010 Mazda6. I'm very pleased with the car overall...my only complaint is the mediocre gas mileage which is about what I was getting with my 6 cyl Honda. That said, the value and quality you get for your money more than outweighs the shortcoming of gas usage. Comfortable ride and spacious cabin are a plus when having to travel with a full load (myself and 4 adult passengers. Take a test drive before you look at Toyota and Honda which have had their share of recalls and quality issues these last few years. Highly recommend this auto to those looking for a sporty everyday, everyman automobile."

Decent car

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"This is my 3rd reveiw on this vehicle. I now have 15,000 miles on this 09' V-6 Zoom-Zoom Sedan. Mileage is poor in the Wisconsin winter but improves as the weather warms up. I recently switched to Full-Synthetic oil and hope for a little better mileage now. Car is still solid, very little road noise and runs/performs well."

Zooming for life!

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"After 5000 miles, I have no complains about my Mazda 6, ITP - V4, ebony black and black interior. So far, I can say that the Mazda 6 is a great car for its value. It's slick and sporty design stands out from the rest of of the pack. Handles really well and actually zooms as needed. It is not a racing car but a zooming sporty everyday sedan. I added HID lights (inside/outside), tinted windows, silver bumper protector, mud flaps, silver door handles and pillar posts. I get nothing but compliments about it. Pros: Blind spot monitoring. (The key to my buying decision). Interior design and colors. Excellent handling. Fabulous look. Stylish and impressive. Stands out. Cons: Better MPG. (I know its about my driving style) More speakers in the rear. Leather seats for the ITP trim. Mirror turn signals. Xenon headlights option for the ITP."

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Great Car, I have had not problems besides a squeaky door lock. I have had it for about a yr. It runs great, pretty quick, great handling. It has good traction in the winter snows of nebraska. I use to drive an awd suv and it is about the same!!! I love it styling, mines comet gray. Get the touring or touring plus models best value for the money. Enjoying your mazda is fun!!! I rev it a lot and it just zoom-zooms away. It is a great family car. It was given the title as best handling of the whole midsize class. It is fun to drive!!! The Mazda 3 is even better!!!"

Accord killer

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"After being a loyal Honda owner for 14 years, the disastrous redesign of the 2010 Accord led me to explore other options. After test driving the 6, I was sold. I've been very pleased with the vehicle's performance, styling, and comfort. It does leave a bit to be desired in fuel economy, but you can't get everything. Highly recommend!"

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

By on Monday, April 05, 2010

"15,000 miles and it sounds like a 1970 pinto. Rattles, squeaks, groans, squeals, not what you want to hear in a new car. If I had it to do over I would pass on this vehicle. Do not let the scrumptious body style seduce you. She is beautiful but turns into a hag quickly. Mechanically so far nothing major but I do not remain optimistic. Performance still remains a positive experience. gas mileage is poor. I do not look forward to long rides any longer. Take a look at the VW CC. Slightly more expensive albeit less options but in general a better car. Too late for me, stuck with it for 3 more years, hope it holds together that long."

water pump

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Bought brand new 09 Mazda, v6, 1.5years, less than 13,000mi... had to replace water pump/drop engine...OBOY.. can't wait to get it back and see what else is wrong with it...."

nice car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"I have owned the mazda 6 for little over a month now and really like it. Decent highway mpg (26-28) plenty of ZIP from the V-6 at the stoplights and lots of horsepower to pass on two lane roads. Ride is somewhat firm. (yet comfortable) Handling is responsive/quick and the interior/trunk is spacious. The rear fold down 60/40 seats and the arm rest in the back seat is a plus. I drove a simularly equipped Accord and Camry and could not justify spending THOUSANDS more just to say, "Hey, I drive a Honda or Toyota." The Mazda 6 is truly a value priced sedan. If you are a do-it-yourself oil changer you will notice the oil filter is right up front and easy to access and the oil plug is within arms reach without having to elevate the vehicle."

Great Car - Great Value

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Years ago I owned a '91 Mazda MX-6 GT, which I enjoyed & was impressed throughout my ownership. My previous primariy vehicle is an SUV; I wanted a sedan this go round. I researched 5 other popular cars in this class (more & less expensive); I found the styling, performance, features, & realiability of the Madza6 S GT not only to be a great value, but an awesome automoblie to drive & own. The dealer service as well as the after sale service has been great. I highly recommend checking this car out."

I love this car...but I really need an SUV

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "The MOST fun car I have ever driven! :)"

Cons: "I forgot that I needed GPS until I got lost! :("

"I feel like this car "found me" at the dealership. The paperwork was ready for me to purchase a new vehicle and at the last minute I asked the salesman if he had any other gently used vehicles that he could show me. When he brought this car out I knew this was the one for me. He said that he usually didn't show a manual transmission vehicle to woman but heck, I love to shift!! Anyway, it was a fluke and I love this car. I get so many compliments on it...especially from the young men at the car wash. That makes a middle-aged woman feel young again. Unfortunately, as much as I love my car I need to think about getting an SUV perhaps a Mazda 7, as I have grandkids and need a bit more room. But in the meantime this car has been a nice ride! Zoom zoom!"

Great car

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good handling, power"

Cons: "alloy wheels should be std, the steel wheels cheap"

"This time around, when buying a car, I focused on my needs rather than emotions or keeping up with the Jones. The Mazda 6 with the 6 speed manual represents the best compromise between fuel economy, comfort, power, and fun to drive. I added a spoiler, 17" alloy wheels with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires, body side mouldings, and fog lights. The car now has everything I want and nothing I don't want. Mazda is the unsung hero of the Japanese imports."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive. Lot of trunk space."

Cons: "Average fuel economy"

"This car has amazing pickup and is a lot of fun to drive."