2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

I love this car!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"I've owned more than forty cars in my life and this is by far my favorite. (By the way, I also own a Miata and a Mazda5.) I love the way it looks, drives and feels and the seating comfort is perfect, front and rear. I'm reluctant to say this, but I can't look at it without smiling, even after owning it for three years. I get a consistent 26-27 MPG in city driving and 30-plus on the highway. The trunk is huge and the rear seat legroom is very generous. I can't comment on dealer service because it has never needed any, but the salesman was a pleasure to deal with and I returned to buy the Mazda5 from him for my wife. I will soon be looking him up to negotiate for a 2014 Mazda6."

Great car for Mon-Fri and fun on the weekends!

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great Front Seats, Fun to drive, few on the road"

Cons: "Weak audio speakers"

"I bought a new 2013 Mazda6 Slate colored exterior/black cloth interior iTouring Plus. The test drive sold me on this car. I liked my younger sister's Mazda3 but needed more room, this fit the bill perfectly. I'm not a technology geek, so didnt need the fancy navigation system; quite happy with the level of technology in my car. So far I have racked up 1700 miles of carefree driving, the handeling is simply great right up there with my old VW Passat and Jetta. The only demerits are the lack of rear vents and the weak audio speakers. I would recommend this car to anyone especially if you want something different from the Camary, Accord, and Sonota crowd."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "extremely comfortable seat and excellent handling."

Cons: "road noise but my 2006 mazda 6 was no different."

"Fuel economy and road noise are the only thing that make this car a 9 and not a 10.Road noise was no different than my previous 2006 mazda 6. Fuel economy is ok if driving gingerly. Previous mazda6 15% better fuel economy, but newer 4cyl in 2013 is more powerful and responsive in accelerating."

Great Car for the $$$

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value and a blast to drive."

Cons: "N/A"

"I bought new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. No issues to this point other than an issue with the key fob. I had intended on buying an Altima but got way more car for the money by going with the Mazda. Interior design is well thought out and looks good from the outside too. For a 4 door sedan that has plenty of room inside, the gas mileage is great (about 25 in town and over 30 on the hwy). Handles great and the ride is comfortable overall. Not quite as good for resale as a Toyota or Honda but no regrets here, plan on driving the wheels off it. Best in it's class overall. Love this car!!"

Great looks, bad gas milage

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, power, comfort, handling."

Cons: "Gas milage, resale value, interrior kinda delicate"

"Love the way car looks and drives. Gas milage is poor, 22 MPG with V6. Interrior rattles slightly in places when cold. Great for long distance driving. Comfortable seats and ride. Voice command is useless, gets commands wrong 9 out of 10 times. After having this car for almost 3 years resale has dropped sevearly. Should have picked it up used and save 10k."

Unsung hero

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "Nimble & powerful"

Cons: "Front wheel drive"

"You still don't see a lot of them around. Car is great. Beautiful body. Size we needed. Sporty Mazda feel. V-6 power."

Extremely good familly sedan , almost sport sedan

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, well equiped, confortable"

"I got that car for my wife to be the familly car. I have a V 8 Musatng for fun. Good looking, spacious and good handling ( but more grippy tires will make it handle like a BMW.) It is a very good value and comes well equiped even as a basic model (I- Sport / 4 Cyl.) We are extremely satisfied with that car."

zoom zoom

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "lot of car for the money and fun to drive"

"Fun to drive and have had no problems with it. Get 21 mpg around town driving."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "great price, very comfortable, roomy cabin"

Cons: "a little sluggish accelerating from a stop"

"I love this car. It's my first new car and I've never been so happy driving! It's so comfortable and I love the interior. I had wanted a V6 but actually I have had no complaints about the 4-banger. I am pleasantly surprised!"

Great Road Car

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

"I travel a lot in my Mazda6 and it is a great road car with good pickup and comfort with the 4 cyl engine. It would be nice to have the 6, but the mileage trumps on ramps. This is my second Mazda 6, and the 2006 was just as good as this one. Best buy for the money, and built in the USA by the UAW."

mostly i like this car

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

"overall i really like this car but there are some issues that have become a concern.when i get in or out of the car i hear creeking,sound like an old rusty spring.i 0nly weigh 185pnds.also the belt squeals & chirps all the time.i was told the creeking was exhaust expansion& the noise from the belt was normal,moisture on the belt.strangely,the belt makes noise all the time even though the wheather has been extremely dry.these noises are very annoying,the car was purchased new!"

I've been asked, Why Mazda 6? Answer: NO SURPRISES

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Good value..Good quality..Fun to drive"

Cons: "There are a few. Does not detract from driving exp"

"This is my forth Mazda 6. Why? No surprises. Nothing has broken on any of them. I've owned an '03,'07,'11 and now a 2013. All previous models were the 4cyl. Not bad with two adults and light load but with more of a load it's tad bit underpowered. I went the whole route on this one. S sedan Grand Touring. Base is 29,570 and with Tech pkg and pearl wht paint 32,350.{i recommend the teck pkg} With discount at dealer, 27,500. A real value. You can read all the reviews that you want but if you drive it you will understand why I now am on my forth one. Happy motoring! Or as Mazda puts it,ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Fast pickup, comfortable interior, no problems"

"I've driven Cadilacs and Oldsmobiles and Buicks all my life; however, when GM wanted to rip me off on a lease return, I test drove and bought a Mazda 6 and loved it so much I just traded my 2010 Mazda 6 (27,000 miles) in on a new 2013 model. I drove a Nissan Altima while my 2010 was in for repairs and left me with the belief the Mazda 6 is a better car. This care is a sleeper and more people should test drive one before they buy anything else."

Great value, lots of space for a 6 Footer

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "head/leg room, great performance, realiable, seats"

Cons: "No automatic locking feature, rattling window,"

After the car wash :)

"Let me just start by saying I've owned my Mazda6 for 5 months now and I enjoy getting behind the wheel just as much as I did the day i first got it. My previous car was a 2000 Ford Taurus which overall was a decent car but began to become a money pit so it was time for something new. I'm am 23, 6'5', male 300lb (think line-backer build) and leg and head room was at the top of my list. I also knew I wanted a mid-size sporty car with good performance, fuel economy wasn't a major concern but I didn't want a gas guzzler either. I'm very picky and researched cars for a month and a half. I literally test drove every mid-size car with low miles from all the car makers. The max amount that I was willing to finance after my trade in and down payment was $16000. My short list came down to a used Mazda6 or brand new Chrysler 200. The 200 had originally won out, but it was still a bit too new and I couldn't get the price down low enough to fit into my limit. So ended up buying a 2009 Ebony Black Certified Pre-Owned M6 with only 16555 miles for $14,995 (bought in December to take advantage of year end deals). Great value. Overall this is a great car that blends style, performance, and fuel economy very well. After driving this car for 5 months now I can honestly say it is a pure dream. I understand what Mazda Zoom-Zoom means now. It has great leg and headroom for a mid-size. This was the main reason most cars got eliminated on my list. I have the I-4 engine which is more than adequate for a daily driver. This car comes alive on the freeway :) The only cons I have about this car is that it does not have automatic locking when the vehicle begins to move. My Taurus had that and so many others cars do to so it seems weird that Mazda didn't install this feature. These days it is dangerous driving around with unlocked door(s). My second issue is a rattling drivers door window which I've spoken to the dealer about, it's not covered by warranty but will be a simple repair under $150 (certainly not the end of the world). There is also a design flaw in which hot air from the engine bay can be sucked into the cabin vents and blow hot air in the cabin even when the system is off and its a cool breezy day where AC is not wanted. After checking online forums, the solution is basically blocking this "hole" using tape or foam. I used 3m double sided tape and it took about 15 mins but it was very simple fix and does not look "tacky". (This issue could have been addressed now with newer 2011 model years) If you are on the fence, go with the 6, its a great car thats not a cookie-cutter and stands out from the pack. Certainly not perfect but all cars have quirks."

After the car wash :)

Mazda6-Great looking Car- Just don't drive it!

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pros: "Great Looks, Good Build quality, Great handling,"

Cons: "Truly Horrible Gas Mileage, Lack of power in 4cyl"

"My 2010 Black Grand Touring Sedan is an awesome-looking car,a definate change from the other manufacturers. However, Mazda is NOT what Mazda used to be. First, the comfort of the seats on long trips is terrible. Yes, the leather looks good, and the seats have a myriad of adjustments, including lumbar support, but I just can not get comfortable on long trips. The 4 cylinder engine is underpowered unless you spend the money on at least the mid-range gas from Shell or BP! Seriously I have noticed a difference in power when filling with these two brands. My greatest complaint, and one that has me actually looking to trade this car in is the horrendous gas mileage! There is a huge discrepency between what the sticker says the estimated mpg is and what the actual mpg truly is! On reading about Mazda on blogs and talking with friends who are mechanics, I have come away with the impression that Mazda engines were built to run premium fuel and "Modified" to run on regular. Hence, the engine's poor performance with regualr unleaded and the brutal gas mileage. Its a shame, its a great looking car with a lot of great features but with other cars that have newer technology and better MPG overall, there is no debate that the Mazda6 will be traded for something better!"

Nice driving and looking with some unusual quirks

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Styling, paint, ride, handling"

Cons: "Interior gets too warm, bad dealer/factory service"

"This car is great looking and fun to drive, although the 4cyl could be stronger. That's more our fault for not getting the V6. There are some odd quirks that I've never experienced with a new car, however. The top right corner of the windshield is permanently smudged. It looks like greasy fingerprint smudges but it's actually inside the glass! Our option to fix it? Have a new windshield installed. No thanks. Worst problem is interior heat. We have had an intermittent problem with heat coming from under the instrument panel by the steering column, as if the heater is on. At the same time the ignition key would get very hot. Dealer measured and confirmed high temperature but with no service bulletins on the subject we are out of luck! Also, in slow traffic, the ventilation puts out rather warm air even when set at the coolest setting and during a cool day. So the windows must be lowered. Never had a car with these heat related problems. Two dealers and Mazda customer service have been of no help. In fact the dealer we purchased from closed and the one in our town disgusted us with their poor service department. So we ether go back to them or travel about 40 miles to the next closest dealer. In short, factory service has stunk! The heat problem and lack of service satisfaction would make me hesitant to recommend the car. Yet, compared to the others in it's class that we drove before buying, it was the best."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, Quiet engine and Roomy"

Cons: "Average Gas Milage and AUX Port location"

"I was dishearten when I drove the mazda3 for its loud, cramped ride. I gave Mazda one more chance with the 6series and it was everything I was looking for! Smooth just like the 3, more quiet and very luxurious. So far its been the best ride I've ever had :)"

Cheaply made

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "cheap"

Cons: "cheap"

"Had Mazdas for the last 20 years but this is the last one. Cheaply made. Started having problems within one week of purchase. Both headlights and one tail light have already required replacements. Exhaust pipe rattles. Sound proofing between windshield and dashboard began working its way up the windshield within 3 months of purchase. One of the 2 charging ports quit working within days. Hole appeared in driver side floor mat at bottom of accelerater within 18 months. Definitely falls far short of the quality I used to find in Mazda vehicles."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive. Lot of trunk space."

Cons: "Average fuel economy"

"This car has amazing pickup and is a lot of fun to drive."

Camry owners are jealous!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "High quality, sporty, SAFE!"

Cons: "Lacks modern day bells and whistles on lower trims"

"Zoom-Zoom lives on in this car. It looks great and handles suprisingly well for its size. One thing ive noticed, you sure get a lot of looks when you pull up next to a Camry driver. One notable thing, A couple of months ago, I hit a deer coming home from work on a state highway"

Love it

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "great price, great features"

Cons: "no sirius radio"

"I love my car. It has great gas mileage and goo get up and go power."

better than Honda's

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Pros: Nice car in the segment really a good value for money, dont expect the mpg like honda or a toyota, but overall driving experience compared to them it is good. Good driving comfort, good interoir design lot of second row seating big trunk. Cons: Mileage is bit low city drive i get a very low of 21 mpg in city; on highways it give a good 32 mpg. Exterior design not so good."

My 2nd Mazda. Love the way it drives!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cons: "Interior quality could be a little better"

"Drives great, good gas milage, and looks Sharp!"

Excellent driving and handling sports sedan

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty looks and handling, quality"

Cons: "Firmer seating, rear seat cooling/heating"

"Mine is the std. 4 cyl and I'm impressed with the power and acceleration this vehicle has. It's handling is well balanced with good ride. Going on four years ownership I still admire its good looks and design. Fit and finish on mine is very good with no annoying noises inside or out. Changing the OEM Michelins when the time came helped even more in handling and quietness. My only suggestion for improvement is the front seats could use a bit more padding in the lower half. The pwr seats have infinite adjustments but I still have trouble on longer rides without a little added cushioning. Overall a very good quality car built in Flatrock, MI"

Best vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth, cozy, very great body style, reliable"

Cons: "pricey, mediocre gas mileage, expensive to fix"

"Bought this car on an impulse buy. Test drove it and had to have it! I love this car its design is nice it drives smooth and is very reliable. The sun roof is great too! Goes through snow great and i love everything about it! only thing is i hit a deer right after i bought it and it was very expensive to fix. Thats the only downfall, but i don't plan on selling it so it was worth the price! Definitely recommend this!"