2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great sporty ride and looks!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Very,very fun to drive and at a competitive price."

Cons: "May sound odd, but I have no derrogatory remarks."

"A stylish car that looks great, with a sporty feel on the road with great acceleration for a 2.5 four cylinder. The interior is designed very nicely and comfortable with features that just enhance a good experience of a ride that is smooth and exciting. It even gets better by exceeding over 30 mpg on the highway. What is best, however, is the fact that I can get, not 2, not 3, but 4 golf bags in the spacious trunk; and that means a lot to the BirdieKing."

Love my car

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful design"

Cons: "no heated seats, no sun roof, no auto seats"

"I absolutely love this car. I would definitely buy it all over again. I drives great, and it's high quality/sporty design is just an added bonus."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; beautiful car"

"Have nothing negative to say about the Mazda 6. Was not looking at Mazda when I purchased this car but fell in love. The car is gorgeous and drives very well. The Bluetooth system is fantastic and high end, without me purchasing anything additional."

Very reliable and sporty

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Power and comfort"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"This car has not given me any trouble in the 5 1/2 years I have owned it. Love the power the 3.7 liter engine gives and the handling is good for a front wheel drive car. If Mazda added a turbo to this engine and made it rear wheel drive they would have a big seller."

great sports sudan

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Be sure to get the V6!"

Cons: "I would like a quiter interior from road noise"

"Very fun car to drive and the reliability has been awesome. Have owned it for over 5 years now with 105,000 miles with no problems. My only complaint is that the leather around the steering wheel faded quickly."

Very satisfied owner with this vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable drive and quiet cabin."

"Only one minor recall in five years. No mechanical problems. Recommend this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "ride, room, trunk, steering, Dependable, Bose."

Cons: "Passing acceleration."

"Bought my 09 Mazda 6 new in 2008 when they just came out.It has been a great car. Very reliable. Very comfortable, i'm 6'3'. Huge trunk. smooth ride. good mileage. could be i little faster. for passing.normal driving fine. I have been extremely happy . would by another Mazda but the 2014 6 has less head room."

Decent midsize vehicle for the price

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior room, trunk size, interior design/control"

Cons: "Driving dynamics and feel, interior materials"

"The 2011 Mazda 6i Sport is a decent midsize vehicle for the money. The exterior design is reasonably distinctive, although I would not call it handsome. The interior is well-designed and thoughtfully laid out, but the materials feel hard and cheap. They are a step below their competition. The layout of the controls for the driver and the passenger are favorable, so it makes it easy to live with. The cloth seats leave something to be desired. They provide very little lumbar support and the seat cushion can be uncomfortable on long drives of over an hour. The steering wheel controls are a nice touch and make it easy to adjust the audio and the cruise control. The instrument panel is easy to read and is very logical. It looks like it belongs on a make of a far more expensive car. The vehicle dynamics are very poor. For those familiar with a Toyota Camry, you won't be disappointed, but if you are looking for a sporty "Zoom-Zoom" model, look elsewhere. The steering is very soft and numb, with very little feedback. The steering feels soft through cornering until it suddenly and without warning firms up mid-turn as you cross some magic speed threshold around 30 mph. It can be very jarring and hard to get used to. The suspension is set up strictly for a comfortable cruise, so don't bother trying to make it an engaging drive. There is a lot of dive and squat during acceleration and braking, and the car leans hard into turns as you take a turn with any speed. Quite frankly, this is a very disappointing outcome considering the sporty image that Mazda spent so many years cultivating. The gas mileage is decent though. I tend to drive with a heavy foot and do a lot of mixed driving during rush hour, and I regularly get 25-26 mpg. You can certainly do better with a lighter foot on the accelerator pedal. During long highway road trips, you can easily get 30-32 mpg. The backseat is huge and rather comfortable, with plenty of leg, shoulder, and headroom. You can take long road trips with passengers back there and they won't be uncomfortable. The trunk is impressively large. It is very wide and long, and the opening sits low enough to make putting things inside of it a breeze. I have had mixed luck with regards to the reliability. I invest a fair amount in preventative maintenance for my cars, with full-synthetic oil changes every 5,000 miles and I get all the fluids changed just as the owner's manual recommend. The car has been decent to me, but all of the headlights and taillights have burnt out after 50,000-60,000 miles and there were some odd electronic gremlins in the transmission at about 68,000 miles. The mechanic cleared the codes and it drove just fine, but it was somewhat disconcerting. Overall, it's a decent value for the money as long as you get a good price from your dealer/seller."

Decent midsize vehicle for the price

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior room, trunk size, interior design/control"

Cons: "Driving dynamics and feel, interior materials"

My 3rd Mx 6/626 - I keep buying 'em for a reason!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Value, reliability"

Cons: "slightly noisy in terior"

"Completely reliable - I put 170k and 193k mies on my first 2 626s [93, 01]- original everything except brakes and tires - even original clutch. Never fails me [my second one needed a fuel pump at one point]. Great cars, exceptional value and reliability. My '10 Mz6 is the same - it just keeps going. LOve them!"