2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great sporty ride and looks!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Very,very fun to drive and at a competitive price."

Cons: "May sound odd, but I have no derrogatory remarks."

"A stylish car that looks great, with a sporty feel on the road with great acceleration for a 2.5 four cylinder. The interior is designed very nicely and comfortable with features that just enhance a good experience of a ride that is smooth and exciting. It even gets better by exceeding over 30 mpg on the highway. What is best, however, is the fact that I can get, not 2, not 3, but 4 golf bags in the spacious trunk; and that means a lot to the BirdieKing."

Love my car

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful design"

Cons: "no heated seats, no sun roof, no auto seats"

"I absolutely love this car. I would definitely buy it all over again. I drives great, and it's high quality/sporty design is just an added bonus."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; beautiful car"

"Have nothing negative to say about the Mazda 6. Was not looking at Mazda when I purchased this car but fell in love. The car is gorgeous and drives very well. The Bluetooth system is fantastic and high end, without me purchasing anything additional."

Very reliable and sporty

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Power and comfort"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"This car has not given me any trouble in the 5 1/2 years I have owned it. Love the power the 3.7 liter engine gives and the handling is good for a front wheel drive car. If Mazda added a turbo to this engine and made it rear wheel drive they would have a big seller."

great sports sudan

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Be sure to get the V6!"

Cons: "I would like a quiter interior from road noise"

"Very fun car to drive and the reliability has been awesome. Have owned it for over 5 years now with 105,000 miles with no problems. My only complaint is that the leather around the steering wheel faded quickly."

Very satisfied owner with this vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable drive and quiet cabin."

"Only one minor recall in five years. No mechanical problems. Recommend this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "ride, room, trunk, steering, Dependable, Bose."

Cons: "Passing acceleration."

"Bought my 09 Mazda 6 new in 2008 when they just came out.It has been a great car. Very reliable. Very comfortable, i'm 6'3'. Huge trunk. smooth ride. good mileage. could be i little faster. for passing.normal driving fine. I have been extremely happy . would by another Mazda but the 2014 6 has less head room."

Decent midsize vehicle for the price

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior room, trunk size, interior design/control"

Cons: "Driving dynamics and feel, interior materials"

"The 2011 Mazda 6i Sport is a decent midsize vehicle for the money. The exterior design is reasonably distinctive, although I would not call it handsome. The interior is well-designed and thoughtfully laid out, but the materials feel hard and cheap. They are a step below their competition. The layout of the controls for the driver and the passenger are favorable, so it makes it easy to live with. The cloth seats leave something to be desired. They provide very little lumbar support and the seat cushion can be uncomfortable on long drives of over an hour. The steering wheel controls are a nice touch and make it easy to adjust the audio and the cruise control. The instrument panel is easy to read and is very logical. It looks like it belongs on a make of a far more expensive car. The vehicle dynamics are very poor. For those familiar with a Toyota Camry, you won't be disappointed, but if you are looking for a sporty "Zoom-Zoom" model, look elsewhere. The steering is very soft and numb, with very little feedback. The steering feels soft through cornering until it suddenly and without warning firms up mid-turn as you cross some magic speed threshold around 30 mph. It can be very jarring and hard to get used to. The suspension is set up strictly for a comfortable cruise, so don't bother trying to make it an engaging drive. There is a lot of dive and squat during acceleration and braking, and the car leans hard into turns as you take a turn with any speed. Quite frankly, this is a very disappointing outcome considering the sporty image that Mazda spent so many years cultivating. The gas mileage is decent though. I tend to drive with a heavy foot and do a lot of mixed driving during rush hour, and I regularly get 25-26 mpg. You can certainly do better with a lighter foot on the accelerator pedal. During long highway road trips, you can easily get 30-32 mpg. The backseat is huge and rather comfortable, with plenty of leg, shoulder, and headroom. You can take long road trips with passengers back there and they won't be uncomfortable. The trunk is impressively large. It is very wide and long, and the opening sits low enough to make putting things inside of it a breeze. I have had mixed luck with regards to the reliability. I invest a fair amount in preventative maintenance for my cars, with full-synthetic oil changes every 5,000 miles and I get all the fluids changed just as the owner's manual recommend. The car has been decent to me, but all of the headlights and taillights have burnt out after 50,000-60,000 miles and there were some odd electronic gremlins in the transmission at about 68,000 miles. The mechanic cleared the codes and it drove just fine, but it was somewhat disconcerting. Overall, it's a decent value for the money as long as you get a good price from your dealer/seller."

Decent midsize vehicle for the price

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior room, trunk size, interior design/control"

Cons: "Driving dynamics and feel, interior materials"

My 3rd Mx 6/626 - I keep buying 'em for a reason!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Value, reliability"

Cons: "slightly noisy in terior"

"Completely reliable - I put 170k and 193k mies on my first 2 626s [93, 01]- original everything except brakes and tires - even original clutch. Never fails me [my second one needed a fuel pump at one point]. Great cars, exceptional value and reliability. My '10 Mz6 is the same - it just keeps going. LOve them!"

This is a beautiful car and loaded.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"It is crimson red. It has beige leather seats, front are heated. It has a bose sound system. It is loaded and beautiful."

I love this car...but I really need an SUV

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "The MOST fun car I have ever driven! :)"

Cons: "I forgot that I needed GPS until I got lost! :("

"I feel like this car "found me" at the dealership. The paperwork was ready for me to purchase a new vehicle and at the last minute I asked the salesman if he had any other gently used vehicles that he could show me. When he brought this car out I knew this was the one for me. He said that he usually didn't show a manual transmission vehicle to woman but heck, I love to shift!! Anyway, it was a fluke and I love this car. I get so many compliments on it...especially from the young men at the car wash. That makes a middle-aged woman feel young again. Unfortunately, as much as I love my car I need to think about getting an SUV perhaps a Mazda 7, as I have grandkids and need a bit more room. But in the meantime this car has been a nice ride! Zoom zoom!"

very good car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Good solid car with quick response and good pick up"

Love, Love, LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price, good handling, good trunk space"

"I traded in my 2011 Kia Forte for my 2012 Mazda 6 and six months later I still feel like it was the best decision I've ever made. The Mazda has so much more room and is overall a much more comfortable ride. I love how the car handles and I get the same, if not better, gas mileage than I did with my Forte. I cannot say enough good things about this car."

Great power and handling.

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "power, handling, reliability"

Cons: "stereo"

"Bought it new in 2010 and just paid it off. This has been a great all around car, handles and drives very well, awesome 272 HP. I saw this car reviewed when I made the purchase and it was dubbed a poor man's Lexus ES350. I agree and this car is a tremendous value. My only complaint is that the stereo could have been a little better. I also decided to use premium gas when I got a little pinging with lower octane. I plan to keep it another 5 years."

mazda6

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "aux cord plug in, push to start, spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage a little less than honda civic"

"I recently traded my 2004 honda civic for my 2009 mazda6. I love my car and everything about it! I'm glad a traded. My mazda runs and excels great. Never had any major issues. I always keep up with my maintenance. I would recommend this vehicle!"

mostly happy, but there are some issues

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

"This is my sixth Mazda -- I drive quite a lot and appreciate the value, reliability and driving enjoyment. This 2010 Mazda6 is a great looking car, rides well, and feels solid. I don't regret buying it. However, all my previous Mazdas required very little replacement. The lock on the driver's side shorted out in April, a $600 fix not covered by the warrantee. And now I have a hole in the exhaust system. I drove my 2001 Mazda 626 over 100,000 miles without ever having any exhaust system issues. Granted, that car I bought new and this one was a certified pre-owned, but I am surprised how many times it has been in the shop in the last 6 months."

Practical sports sedan that looks/handles great

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling, style, fun to drive, value"

Cons: "fit/finish is great but too much plastic on dash"

"I get bored quick when it comes to cars. At 39 years old I have owned well over 20 different vehicles. I have had everything from pick-up trucks to sports cars. Now that I have a wife, 3 kids, and a picket fence I need something practical. I have both a 2009 Mazda6 I Grand Touring, and a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. The 5 gets daily driving chores, and the 6 is used as a second car. Both are well equipped for the price and they do exactly what they are designed to do. Nothing out there handles like a Mazda. Obviously I can not compare my Mazda6 to a Shelby GT500. But compared to a Camry, Accord, or Altima, or other similarly priced mid-size sedans nothing comes close. You can look at specs all day long and make arguments for every car out there. What matters in the end is how the car feels on the road, and the Mazda won't disappoint."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: Room for family, got a new car

"Of the better car's I had. I sold it around 32k on it to get a new bigger car for the size of my growing family. The two issues I faced is the seat came unbolted once on the drivers side and my radio had to be replaced. Other than those two issues, it was a great car."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good handling, power"

Cons: "alloy wheels should be std, the steel wheels cheap"

"This time around, when buying a car, I focused on my needs rather than emotions or keeping up with the Jones. The Mazda 6 with the 6 speed manual represents the best compromise between fuel economy, comfort, power, and fun to drive. I added a spoiler, 17" alloy wheels with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires, body side mouldings, and fog lights. The car now has everything I want and nothing I don't want. Mazda is the unsung hero of the Japanese imports."

Terrific value on a great driving car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "value, quality, styling, performance - nice stereo"

Cons: "none that I can think of so far."

"We've owned our 2009 Mazda 6s 3.5 V6 since new and, like al the Mazdas we've owned, it is great fun to drive, gets pretty good mileage with the V-6 and looks like a Lexus, but sportier. This is our 3rd Mazda 6 including previously owned 2003 S and 2004 Soprt Wagon - which I wish I hadn't sold. I've owned 2 Nissan Maximas, an Audi and a BMW and while those were good cars and also fun to drive, none of them compare to any of our Mazdas. Admittedly I also love the 3.5 6-cyl engine in our 2009 and haven't quite understood how the new 184hp engine could bring as much driving pleasure, but I think I'm going to try and see how they compare."

I love this car!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"I've owned more than forty cars in my life and this is by far my favorite. (By the way, I also own a Miata and a Mazda5.) I love the way it looks, drives and feels and the seating comfort is perfect, front and rear. I'm reluctant to say this, but I can't look at it without smiling, even after owning it for three years. I get a consistent 26-27 MPG in city driving and 30-plus on the highway. The trunk is huge and the rear seat legroom is very generous. I can't comment on dealer service because it has never needed any, but the salesman was a pleasure to deal with and I returned to buy the Mazda5 from him for my wife. I will soon be looking him up to negotiate for a 2014 Mazda6."

Great car for Mon-Fri and fun on the weekends!

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great Front Seats, Fun to drive, few on the road"

Cons: "Weak audio speakers"

"I bought a new 2013 Mazda6 Slate colored exterior/black cloth interior iTouring Plus. The test drive sold me on this car. I liked my younger sister's Mazda3 but needed more room, this fit the bill perfectly. I'm not a technology geek, so didnt need the fancy navigation system; quite happy with the level of technology in my car. So far I have racked up 1700 miles of carefree driving, the handeling is simply great right up there with my old VW Passat and Jetta. The only demerits are the lack of rear vents and the weak audio speakers. I would recommend this car to anyone especially if you want something different from the Camary, Accord, and Sonota crowd."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "extremely comfortable seat and excellent handling."

Cons: "road noise but my 2006 mazda 6 was no different."

"Fuel economy and road noise are the only thing that make this car a 9 and not a 10.Road noise was no different than my previous 2006 mazda 6. Fuel economy is ok if driving gingerly. Previous mazda6 15% better fuel economy, but newer 4cyl in 2013 is more powerful and responsive in accelerating."

Great Car for the $$$

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value and a blast to drive."

Cons: "N/A"

"I bought new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. No issues to this point other than an issue with the key fob. I had intended on buying an Altima but got way more car for the money by going with the Mazda. Interior design is well thought out and looks good from the outside too. For a 4 door sedan that has plenty of room inside, the gas mileage is great (about 25 in town and over 30 on the hwy). Handles great and the ride is comfortable overall. Not quite as good for resale as a Toyota or Honda but no regrets here, plan on driving the wheels off it. Best in it's class overall. Love this car!!"