2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

2012 6 GT S is hands-down best car in it's class

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Great value for price - beats BMW 318i in value"

Cons: "Does not have rear passenger vents"

Looks like a million bucks.

"The car handles beautifully. I have no fear taking the car through tight corners and accelerating. I have left BMW's behind in my wake. The car has excellent use of interior materials - the car is classy. I feel extremely confident in driving this car. The car has a great 6 cylinder engine with very good acceleration. I love the front wheel drive and its low profile - on a windy day it slices through the air with very little buffeting. Instruments are well located and provide many features. Great Bose speaker system. I really enjoy switching from automatic to standard shifting."

Looks like a million bucks.

I love my Mazda 6 even with 110k miles, she purrs

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "The most fun car ever"

Cons: "only a few tire options available in the market"

"My 2009 Mazda 6 Grad Touring still kicks up the 272 horse with no problem after 110,000 miles - I pray I can find an equal to her when it comes time to trade - my next Mazda will have big shoes to fill!"

My Favorite Car

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, comfortable cabin, looks good"

Cons: "A slight fast-acceleration lag;"

"This is my favorite, out of all the cars I have owned. My standards are that it has to be reliable and a comfortable ride, accelerate well, get decent gas mileage, look good on the inside and outside, be mid-sized and affordable. This one does well on all fronts. It has been absolutely reliable; not a problem in 5 years, with regular maintenance. I first drove one as a rental while my 2006 Ford Fusion was in for repairs, and thought, "this is the car I should be driving. Before the weekend was over, I owned a 2010 Mazda 6. Fuel economy is fine, at about 29 miles to the gallon. It does have a slight hesitation on sudden acceleration, but not badly. Turning the car around in tight spaces: not the best. Overall, great car. I was told recently by a 15-year old who is already mentally car shopping that it still looks like a nice car. One more thing: the back seats are nicely sized, comfy, and very easy for elderly aunts to get into."

Nightmare in PA

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Reason: Very poor reliability

Pros: "Sporty appearance. Strong but thirsty V6."

Cons: "Engine knock was absolutely terrible."

"Owned this car back in 2009. Mine was the Grand Touring V6 w/o navigation. This car was the very essence of a bad dream from the get go! Looks wise, it was great. Always getting compliments and several requests to drive it. However, this is where the good ends and the bad starts! Shortly after taking delivery, I noticed that my Mazada 6 was knocking hard whenever it required torque such as climbing a steep grade. Took it back to the dealership three times and they could never fix it; even when consulting with company engineers! Cleverly they refused to give me any receipts after their first attempt to repair it. This way it would have been nearly impossible to file for a refund under PA lemon law. Took a terrible loss when I traded it in but it's inability to be repaired successfully drove me crazy. Apparently this model wasn't exactly flying off the shelves and the depreciation was astronomical! Never again will I deal with Mazada or buy any of their products. Stick with Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai. There's a reason why these brands have a lion's share of the U.S. mid-size auto market!"

Good Reliable car

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"I actually do love my car, i do have an issue with changing the head lights because you actually have to remove the tire in order to change it, but overall i do like the car."