2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

mazda6

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "aux cord plug in, push to start, spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage a little less than honda civic"

"I recently traded my 2004 honda civic for my 2009 mazda6. I love my car and everything about it! I'm glad a traded. My mazda runs and excels great. Never had any major issues. I always keep up with my maintenance. I would recommend this vehicle!"

mostly happy, but there are some issues

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

"This is my sixth Mazda -- I drive quite a lot and appreciate the value, reliability and driving enjoyment. This 2010 Mazda6 is a great looking car, rides well, and feels solid. I don't regret buying it. However, all my previous Mazdas required very little replacement. The lock on the driver's side shorted out in April, a $600 fix not covered by the warrantee. And now I have a hole in the exhaust system. I drove my 2001 Mazda 626 over 100,000 miles without ever having any exhaust system issues. Granted, that car I bought new and this one was a certified pre-owned, but I am surprised how many times it has been in the shop in the last 6 months."

Practical sports sedan that looks/handles great

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling, style, fun to drive, value"

Cons: "fit/finish is great but too much plastic on dash"

"I get bored quick when it comes to cars. At 39 years old I have owned well over 20 different vehicles. I have had everything from pick-up trucks to sports cars. Now that I have a wife, 3 kids, and a picket fence I need something practical. I have both a 2009 Mazda6 I Grand Touring, and a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. The 5 gets daily driving chores, and the 6 is used as a second car. Both are well equipped for the price and they do exactly what they are designed to do. Nothing out there handles like a Mazda. Obviously I can not compare my Mazda6 to a Shelby GT500. But compared to a Camry, Accord, or Altima, or other similarly priced mid-size sedans nothing comes close. You can look at specs all day long and make arguments for every car out there. What matters in the end is how the car feels on the road, and the Mazda won't disappoint."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: Room for family, got a new car

"Of the better car's I had. I sold it around 32k on it to get a new bigger car for the size of my growing family. The two issues I faced is the seat came unbolted once on the drivers side and my radio had to be replaced. Other than those two issues, it was a great car."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good handling, power"

Cons: "alloy wheels should be std, the steel wheels cheap"

"This time around, when buying a car, I focused on my needs rather than emotions or keeping up with the Jones. The Mazda 6 with the 6 speed manual represents the best compromise between fuel economy, comfort, power, and fun to drive. I added a spoiler, 17" alloy wheels with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires, body side mouldings, and fog lights. The car now has everything I want and nothing I don't want. Mazda is the unsung hero of the Japanese imports."

See if you qualify for