2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Love the Car

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"The Mazda6 is definitely a fun car to drive with a lot of power. I purchased the S Grand Touring model. It has a powerful 3.7L (V6 engine) 272 hrs power and 269 ft of torque. I have been able to do 0-60 in 6.1 secs. I have been averaging more gas milage than advertised. I am getting 20.5 city/28 highway. It is a quiet and smooth ride. The engine is more powerful, but quieter than the older model. The interior is well designed and comfortable. The Exterior is stylish and easy on the eyes. I love the blind spot monitoring system and the 5 star crash test rating. I can tell that this new redesign Mazda6 has great quality. It feels and drives like a lot of luxury Cars, but with a sporty feel like an Acura TL. Overall the car is awesome and I would recommend anyone to drive one before you buy your next car."

Extremely good familly sedan , almost sport sedan

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, well equiped, confortable"

"I got that car for my wife to be the familly car. I have a V 8 Musatng for fun. Good looking, spacious and good handling ( but more grippy tires will make it handle like a BMW.) It is a very good value and comes well equiped even as a basic model (I- Sport / 4 Cyl.) We are extremely satisfied with that car."

I've been asked, Why Mazda 6? Answer: NO SURPRISES

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Good value..Good quality..Fun to drive"

Cons: "There are a few. Does not detract from driving exp"

"This is my forth Mazda 6. Why? No surprises. Nothing has broken on any of them. I've owned an '03,'07,'11 and now a 2013. All previous models were the 4cyl. Not bad with two adults and light load but with more of a load it's tad bit underpowered. I went the whole route on this one. S sedan Grand Touring. Base is 29,570 and with Tech pkg and pearl wht paint 32,350.{i recommend the teck pkg} With discount at dealer, 27,500. A real value. You can read all the reviews that you want but if you drive it you will understand why I now am on my forth one. Happy motoring! Or as Mazda puts it,ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM."

Nice driving and looking with some unusual quirks

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Styling, paint, ride, handling"

Cons: "Interior gets too warm, bad dealer/factory service"

"This car is great looking and fun to drive, although the 4cyl could be stronger. That's more our fault for not getting the V6. There are some odd quirks that I've never experienced with a new car, however. The top right corner of the windshield is permanently smudged. It looks like greasy fingerprint smudges but it's actually inside the glass! Our option to fix it? Have a new windshield installed. No thanks. Worst problem is interior heat. We have had an intermittent problem with heat coming from under the instrument panel by the steering column, as if the heater is on. At the same time the ignition key would get very hot. Dealer measured and confirmed high temperature but with no service bulletins on the subject we are out of luck! Also, in slow traffic, the ventilation puts out rather warm air even when set at the coolest setting and during a cool day. So the windows must be lowered. Never had a car with these heat related problems. Two dealers and Mazda customer service have been of no help. In fact the dealer we purchased from closed and the one in our town disgusted us with their poor service department. So we ether go back to them or travel about 40 miles to the next closest dealer. In short, factory service has stunk! The heat problem and lack of service satisfaction would make me hesitant to recommend the car. Yet, compared to the others in it's class that we drove before buying, it was the best."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "great price, very comfortable, roomy cabin"

Cons: "a little sluggish accelerating from a stop"

"I love this car. It's my first new car and I've never been so happy driving! It's so comfortable and I love the interior. I had wanted a V6 but actually I have had no complaints about the 4-banger. I am pleasantly surprised!"

Great Value, comfortable, reliable, handles well

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get!"

"I've gone on a 17 hour road trip with this car, drove through blizzards, and driven around Madison (hometown) and love this car. It's huge on the inside, seats 4 people extremely comfortably. Tons of extra space. Fun to drive, and has never let me down!"

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"This an updated review. I've owned the Mazda 6 almost a year now and had a few issues. 1) rattle under the dash area when cold weather sets in. 2) A/C compressor failed. 3) Keyless entry fob broke. All issues were taken care of in a timely manner by the dealer. Rattle still persists but can be lived with. The V-6 is a real zoom-zoom performer with 28mpg highway and 20 city. Looks as though this car is a keeper."

Excellent driving and handling sports sedan

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty looks and handling, quality"

Cons: "Firmer seating, rear seat cooling/heating"

"Mine is the std. 4 cyl and I'm impressed with the power and acceleration this vehicle has. It's handling is well balanced with good ride. Going on four years ownership I still admire its good looks and design. Fit and finish on mine is very good with no annoying noises inside or out. Changing the OEM Michelins when the time came helped even more in handling and quietness. My only suggestion for improvement is the front seats could use a bit more padding in the lower half. The pwr seats have infinite adjustments but I still have trouble on longer rides without a little added cushioning. Overall a very good quality car built in Flatrock, MI"

Practical sports sedan that looks/handles great

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling, style, fun to drive, value"

Cons: "fit/finish is great but too much plastic on dash"

"I get bored quick when it comes to cars. At 39 years old I have owned well over 20 different vehicles. I have had everything from pick-up trucks to sports cars. Now that I have a wife, 3 kids, and a picket fence I need something practical. I have both a 2009 Mazda6 I Grand Touring, and a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. The 5 gets daily driving chores, and the 6 is used as a second car. Both are well equipped for the price and they do exactly what they are designed to do. Nothing out there handles like a Mazda. Obviously I can not compare my Mazda6 to a Shelby GT500. But compared to a Camry, Accord, or Altima, or other similarly priced mid-size sedans nothing comes close. You can look at specs all day long and make arguments for every car out there. What matters in the end is how the car feels on the road, and the Mazda won't disappoint."

Great car, some quirks

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Nice styling, character, handling, a driver's car"

Cons: "Some cheap plastic bits, base radio stinks."

"I've owned my '09 Kona Blue s Touring 6 for about three years and like it very much. It has the "convenience package" which includes Bluetooth, rain-sensing wipers, BSM, xenon lights, etc. A seal was leaking in the power steering pump requiring an entire replacement at 3500 miles. An unbearable "flapping" noise caused by a loose piece of under-body trim required fixing however that's the extent of the problems other than a small rattle in the dash. The exterior of the car is gorgeous and very unique, the interior is laid out very well but suffers from some cheap plastic bits here and there - mostly the door panels and center console. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and the car has a MUCH more sporting character than the plain vanilla Camry or Accords. The V6 engine has tons of low and high-end power and accelerates the car effortlessly. It's quiet, refined and is happy on regular gas. OK it doesn't get the best gas mileage with the V6 but that's the price you pay for a 3.7 liter engine. The engine is actually a Duratec variant made by Ford and has been well regarded over the years - it's terrific. The transmission is an Aisin AWTF-80 SC. It's a high-torque transmission that's used in other Mazdas, Volvo's and a few others. It has a good reputation for being reliable. Mazda definitely got the "manual" shift pattern right - pull it down to advance to the next gear, up for previous. That's the way it SHOULD be in a driver's car. Handling is definitely a strong point of the 6. The suspension is tuned well for the twisties and the car has front and rear anti-sway bars. It stays well planted in the corners. The ride is a bit harsher than others but by no means uncomfortable. At speed the car is quiet and composed. The Michelin's that came on the car are quiet at first, are OK for dry traction but absolutely atrocious for wet traction. The more they wear the worse they get - I can't wait to replace them! Mazda if you're listening, get rid of the Michelin MXM4s and put Yokohama AVIDs, Continental ExtremeContacts, anything but those Michelins! The only other rant I have is regarding the base audio system. It's adequate but not one of the better units I've had in a vehicle. The car has grown on me over the years and I am more attached to it now than when it was new - this is something that's not happened to me before and I've owned an Acura TL-S, an Infiniti G35 and a bunch of Toyotas. My 6 was leased and I'm gonna buy her next month when the lease is up. This is also something I've never done before when a lease was up. Bottom line is the Mazda6 won't disappoint you and will likely grow on you as the car ages. It actually has character, which is a rarity among Japanese cars these days."