2008 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 958 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

2005 mazda 6-s Hatchback

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Purchased this car for my wife as a birthday present. It was a great deal and has tons of included options-we do not have leather or nav but everything else. The ride is exceptional-braking is great, the stereo sounds terrific, the room in the back of the car when the seats are down is outstanding-58.7 cubic feet. The hatch back allows you to have the comfort and gas mileage of a mid-sized sedan, without having to get into an SUV. Very disappointed that Mazda did not continue a hatchback in their current 6 production series. The car has been very reliable-things that I don't like and they are minor-I don't like the dial controls-too confusing for heat and cooling, and fan. The back seats in this vehicle are not as comfortable as the 626 predecessor-because the hatch seats fold down flat, so passengers even though there is decent room in the back do not have as luxurious seating in the model previous. The stock tires, michellin are nice for the summer-but put snows on for safety and overall performance in the winter-the car handles great with them in the snow. Routine maintenance-oil changes every 5K, rotors at 43K-one interesting issue- we had a leak from the seam inside the engine compartment-efforts to have addressed revealed were it was coming in from, then we took it to the dealer, and they fixed it for a nominal cost. The mazda product is affordable and reliable-I think they are one of the best cars out there for the price, I have had three of them and all of them were great cars."

Electrical Issues

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Styling, strong engine and good brakes & steering"

Cons: "Electrical issues in general & poor headlights"

"Electrical issues are the problem: Poor headlights on low beam and next to impossible to replace the bulb yourself without tiny hands. Alternator replaced twice in last two years and now a recommendation to replace the computer from my mechanic who suggested that it was time to let go of this vechicle for good. Thought I could get 200,000 miles from it but not with a bum computer. On the plus side, a strong engine, good brakes and precise steering. I personally like the styling quite a bit and the car "fits" me well."

Speed6- Wish I could buy this brand new again

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "corners like a go-kart, very fast"

Cons: "Can't buy them new anymore"

"2007 Speed6. Love this car. Bought new in 2008.Very disappointed that Mazda changed the body style. Personally, I don't like the 2nd gen body style. I would buy another one of these if they were still making them. 98,000 miles and never once broke down. AWD is essential where I live. Awesome traction in snow(with real snow tires). Average 24.9 mpg on my 60 mile round trip to work. Very fun to drive. Six speed manual was the only transmission offered on this limited edition model, and its a joy to run through the gears. The ride is probably too firm for some, and there isn't much low end torque until the turbo is making some boost. The interior is not as spacious as some sport sedans, but I've taken 300 mile trips with adults in the back seat, with no major complaints. All in all, a very good value in a car that's somewhat rare."

Explanation of lower ratings/what i love about it

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, read review"

Cons: "read review"

"Quality: i rate this "9" because both front control arms have been replaced - the passenger side under warranty and they aren't cheap. Driving Dynamics: of the Mazda 3's and 6's (not Speed 6) this 6i model (sport) has the best pick-up; although, it hesitates a bit too much when you punch it. it is still better than the others, though. not bad, though, for a car that isn't really a sports car:-) love everything else about it- the styling, love the console, love all the cubby holes. my son drove it and liked it so well he traded his car in on one! awesome little car!"

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned!

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, powerful engine, looks good"

Cons: "I haven't found any."

"I love my Mazda6! I keep all my maintenance service dates and this car is wonderful! It drives like a tank through snow (even though we haven't had much). I love the option of putting it in manual and changing gears (I miss the clutch though). This has been the best car I have ever owned!"

10 years and still running!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, mpg, power"

Cons: "interior clothing were not glued well"

"Only scheduled maintenance done, no mechanical problem for 10 years. The car is a great car for every day commute to work. The v6 engine 220hp is really great with a lot of power and good mpg."

Good gas mileage and cost for the car!

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, peppy after initial takeoff"

Cons: "no media, bad turn radius"

"Car drives great. No major problems. Only a few complaints; the air vents broke the first month I owned the car and the turn radius is horrible, you have to turn wide into parking spots and tight corners. It does have road noise when driving with the windows completely up but not too bad. The only other complaint is this model has a media button on the radio, however, no media plug for ipod, iphone, etc. I was told this model was designed in '04 and never changed, yet the '08 CX9 has an auxiliary/media plug because it was designed in late '07. Other than that, great little car, great gas mileage, would consider buying another mazda."

Worst vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice style"

Cons: "Everything besides the style of the car."

"I have owned VW, Hyundai, Lexus, Nissan and Volvo and by far this vehicle is the worst. In a year and a half warranty has covered almost $15,000 worth of work and the car still has problems."

Best car investment ever!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Steady handling and drivability"

Cons: "Maintenance on any car is KEY."

"I have had this vehicle for 6 years and never had any problems at all. I have had routine oil changes and inspections to keep it performing at it's best and have never had any problems. I love they way it handles and the comfort and reliability I have have while driving it. I would choose this car again and again if I had the choice to buy again. The heat and AC always work very well."

This car could be one of the best I 've ever owned

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Durability, looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "needs more HP to go with the looks"

"After 128,000k this car owes me nothing. Replaced driver wheel cylinder at 115,000k and a battery, that 's it. 25 mpg mixed driving and 28.5 on the highway. Still has the original clutch. The car looks great and the handeling is good. The V6 is strong but not a performer like a BMW or Audi and the price reflects that. Competes well with the Accord , Altima,"