• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2008 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 922 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Been good but has it flaws.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "No major mechanical problems. Still going strong"

Cons: "cheap interior build. CHEAP interior build!"

"I have owned this car since it has been new. Had a slight jerk changing gears from day 1. Dealer could never duplicate. 8 years later and I thought the tranny was going to go. Jerked really hard between 2 and 3. Had to drive in manual mode to control shock. 3 years later a indicator light came on to check throttle body. Cleaned and the car drives pretty smooth again. Mazda had a service bulletin on this and I am frustrated it took so long to diagnose. Interior falling apart. Headliner, glove box clip, ect.... Has been reliable though. Never left me stranded and still looks fairly new."

Great car with a Ford engine

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive, good power & brakes and handling"

Cons: "Reliability of engine, so-so interior"

"Handling, ride, power, amenities are all excellent, especially for the price. May be the best handling front drive car I have ever owned. Body style is good, interior quality is just OK. Only problem I have with this car is the V6 Ford engine it came with - makes good power (220HP) has excellent throttle response, but I don't see the engine lasting 250,000 miles like other Mazdas I have owned."

Very impressive...Excellent Auto

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, acceleration is excellent."

Cons: "Cupholders could be a little larger."

"I am the 2nd owner of this vehicle. I love the rack n pinion handling on curves, in inclement weather (heavy rain and snow). I like the gas mileage...that's great. I like the look of my sporty model and fantastic paint job with little silver flecks. Never owned a Madza before, but I would probably another one."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, well-built, good interior space"

Cons: "Whine in air vents, fluctuating mpg"

"Have owned this car for over 5 years and have never had a single mechanical issue. It drives great and is easy to handle; I love driving this car. It isn't as comfortable as some of the newer, different model cars I have ridden in, particularly for passengers, but it does have more leg room than a compact car and is a decent value for its class in comfort. Our car may be unusual in this, but in certain areas where the wind is strong and in the right direction, the vents will squeal/whine. Had it checked and there is no mechanical issue, just a minor (annoying) design flaw. Trunk space is AMAZING - we have even fit a larger push lawnmower in the back while leaving the rear seat up. Rear seat fits two carseats and a smaller child or three bigger kids without too much invasion of space. Easy and fun to drive and I love the feel of driving a sports car (we have the sport sedan) without sacrificing comfort and space for style. Gas mileage is still decent (around 28 to 30 mpg), although it tends to fluctuate a lot the older the car gets. Depending on weather and driving conditions, it has gone as low as 22 mpg, but also as high as 35 mpg during freeway travel in great conditions."

One of the better vehicles I have owned.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic parts in the interior... are very cheap!!!"

"This has been an excellent vehicle. Mechanically, other than maintenance, have done nothing... not even brakes. Interior.. had to replace the head liner, and re-cover the drivers arm rest. Now the little plastic door in the middle of the dash (where you keep sun glasses, et;) is broken and Mazda wants 167.00 for a 5.00 piece of plastic. The plastic cap over one of the accessory plug-ins has broken It is a fun car to drive and for what it is, has good acceleration."