2008 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 925 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, Styling, AWD System, Rarity"

Cons: "Rear Leg Room, Uncommon Model (only made 2 years)"

"I bought my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT approximately two years ago. It provided everything I was looking for (AWD, 250+ hp, four doors) at a much better price than all the other models I'd considered (Subaru WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, Audi S4). The exterior is sleek (almost sleeper-esque) and the interior is nice. If the proper maintenance and precautions are taken (upgrading motor/transmission mounts, adjustable ball joints, etc.) then the overall maintenance costs can be kept low. Being able to DIY is helpful, and there are plenty of resources out there to help you."

A VERY VERY GOOD CAR

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS A REAL SLUSHBOX, SLIDING INTO SECOND AND THIRD GEAR UNDER RAPID ACCELERATION... BUT OTHER THAN THAT, SHE KEEPS ON GOING...!!!!!!"

Awesome!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "heated seats, great look"

Cons: "None so far"

"For my needs this car fits the bill! Four kids and groceries> We are all comfortable. The difference in gas cost per week from my 4 cyl. was $30 around. What is great is I do not feel like I am driving a boat. This does not have the look of a grocery go getter. I have had so many compliments on my car. Wonderful combination of sporty and comfortable and efficient! Heated seats and the Bose sound are terrific, too. What a treat when coming from a basic escort!"

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

Quality Vehicle Inside and Outside!

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable to drive on trips"

"My Mazda 6 I Sedan Sport Value Edition is in very good condition. The body of the car has no scratches or dents. The paint of the vehicle is gray and is in good condition. The tires were replaced in December 2009. The inside of the vehicle is also gray. I had the windows tinted right after I bought it and tint is in good condition. Inside of the car is very clean. floor mats and seats are all clean. It has a 6 CD changer and it continues to work. Mazda service completed all maintenance service to my vehicle so it is in good working condition. For a 4 cylinder it's a fast vehicle! My vehicle is worth more than the Kelly Blue Book estimate. I would ask for $12,000 since I took good car of my car."

mazda is the worst company to deal with!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

"I have a 2008 Mazda 6 that the cat converter is bad on. we purchased the PZEV emissions. The warranty manual clearly states that this should covered. Mazda will not repair this issue. The said part is we have purchased two Mazda products from the same dealership in the last five years, and they will not help. I can not even get a return phone call. I will never Purchase or recommend another Mazda product!"

A true SPORT utility - not a truck with a roof!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "nimble, fun, great capacity, sporty, elegant"

Cons: "a little light on noise insulation - add dynamat!"

"If you want nimble, fun to drive with great capacity and elegant looks with excellent dependability and low maintenance cost, this car CANNOT be beat! Forget those othe "SUV"s - trucks with a roof on the bed! Try a wagon, you will love it!"

Reliable and nice looking

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"This is my second Mazda and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. Super reliable and they do it with style. They are fun to drive and have a lot of get up and go, also very good on the curvy roads here."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and great handling."

Cons: "Not the best fuel milage for a 2.3 litre motor."

"Luxury and sport handling at half the cost. Never in the shop one day. Just change oil, tires and gas. Great car."

Surprises me more every day !!!

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage,fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage not as good as newer cars,"

"i have owned my mazda for almost 3 months an have had zero troubles with it, the only issue i have is the fact that most newer cars around this size an model get around 25 in town where i get only 21 but its still better than the 97 explorer i was driving lol. i purchased it with 89k miles an it currently has 102k on it, the gas mileage is great especailly for my 50 mile round trip commute to work 5 days a week, the traction control is a wonderful feature to have an just recently proved itself in the 6 inches of snow i had to drive through, I saw truck after truck getting pulled up hills an stuck in ditches but my mazda 6 just passed them all an kept trekking along just fine. would reccomend this car to anyone !!!!"

I Love this Car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"

Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"

"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"

Great looking car. Handles well. Bad Transmission.

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Good looking car. Comfortable"

Cons: "Bad transmission, Poor quality interrior"

"Bought this car used in late 2011, with only 27000 on the Odometer. First 6 months were great. Since then the head liner is separating from the roof. The dash is breaking and the transmission sticks between 5th and 6th gear. Also trans shifts up to 6th gear when going only 30m.p.h. Have had transmission shop service it at recommended intervals and their were no trouble codes. This seems to be a common problem with this transmission(automatic). Also the air conditioning is less than reliable."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great overall experience"

Cons: "Really, None"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. No costs other than routine maintenance!"

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None, honestly."

"My Mazda 6 Sportwagon and they call it is AWESOME. I also own two Infinity's, a G37 and G35. I would choose the Mazda any day over them for any trip longer than one hour. The Mazda drives so smooth, excellent pick-up with the V6 with still very respectable gas mileage (28 MPG+). The wagon is so versatile. I put Christmas trees in the back and can close the hatch. Can even accept a 10' long piece of trim and close the hatch (it sits on the front dash at this point). GREAT CAR...wish Mazda sold the new 6 wagon in the US. I will wait for it....also sad that they stopped having the V6 option..."

Excellent niche vehicle, very exclusive and fun.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Good bang for buck and excellent driving dynamics."

Cons: "Engineering lapses leaves room for improvement."

"I purchased my 2006 Speed6 new in December 2006 for an excellent price. When these cars were new, they essentially rotted away on dealer lots, as, for one reason or another, Mazda had poor success marketing the car to the public, and couldn't sell them. Those who waited around for the left overs, such as myself, were able to nab these cars new for next to nothing. So, for that reason, I consider it a great value. The car is alot of fun to drive. The moment I laid on the throttle during that first test drive, it was intoxicating. I had to have it. The car is very swift. It is a heavy car, but still very manageable and predictable when wrung out around corners. My car still has the original finicky clutch, for which Mazda issued a TSB. I always appreciated the on/off, firm feel of the clutch, and never asked Mazda to perform the TSB. The gear 6-speed transaxle is great, and the gearbox is a pleasure to paddle through. Though, in later years, has lost some of its fluidness. Features a very capable, well designed AWD system. Though, the rear LSD mounts are weak and prone to shearing mounting bolts. This is one of the weakest aspects of the design of this car. The engine is excellent. It was the recipient of Ward's top engines award for a number of years. It is no slouch, but also very tame and efficient when subdued. The car is capable of very modest mileage on the freeway. However, this engine suffered from several weak design aspects. Certain early builds of this engine, featured in the CX-7, MS6 and MS3, had poor variable valve timing actuator design - imminent and premature freeze pin failure, in addition to a stretching of the timing chain. Mazda's extended warranty, to 7 years, 7,000 miles replaces these parts with a freeze treated pin and a beefier chain. Mazda also extended warranty on another common issue - smoking turbocharger. Also extended to 7/70. The smoking turbo issue is quite heinous. When it smokes, it SMOKES. There's a few other weak areas in design here and there. But, overall the car's quality is not bad. Materials are good throughout. Build is good. Though, paint is thin. Mine, 7 years and 73K miles later still looks new. Thanks in part, of course, to my care, but Mazda also crafted a nice piece of workmanship here, completely capable of fun, speed AND longevity. As the 7th and final year with the car comes to a close, I have mostly good memories of the car. I am authoring this review as an ode and a last hoorah. The car is up for sale, and expected to sell at the end of the week. It'll be a great addition to the stable for its next owner. As for myself, I will miss it dearly."

I wish they still made this car, Id buy another!

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Engine, Transmission, cargo space, suspension, fun"

Cons: "they dont offer the wagon anymore :-("

"It is fun, and sporty but has a ton of room in it!! Super reliable and Im very happy with it. I have never had any major problems with the car at all. 290k and still going strong!!"

sporty, but needs improvement

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "looks good, goes fast."

Cons: "4 speed automatic. interior quality."

"bought new in 2004. its slow up to 15 mph then a rocket up to 120 mph. auto trans could use at least one more gear. i have 2.3 liter 4 banger. would like 24 mpg but get about 20 city. headliner fell down all ready. the front seats are very uncomfortable. the rear seats are great. the interior is very nice but doesnt last. exterior paint is good. 84000 miles on it now. handles corners awesome if i shift it, handles average if left in drive. great brakes."

Simple mechanical goodness

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"

Cons: "could be more efficient"

"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl). Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it. The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old). This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners. I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."

After 5 Years and 100k Miles Later

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas (27 Mpg Avg.), Reliable, Looks good for an 03"

Cons: "Interior not made to stand the test of time."

"I picked up my 2003 Mazda6 in 2008 with roughly 80k miles on it. When I bought the car I figured at best I would get 2 years out of it considering that I paid less than $5,000, but it has been incredibly reliable and still drives great considering the high mileage. Besides regular maintenance here is list of the things I've had to fix on the car. 110k - Intake Manifold ($600) 140k - Patch the exhaust pipe behind muffler (Free, a quick and easy job for a welder) 165k - O2 Sensor ($150) 170k - Gas Cap ($25) 185k - Vapor Canister Purge Valve ($65 for the part, really easy to install) Obviously since I have owned the car I've had to do several oil changes (every 3-4k miles religiously), brake pads and rotors 2x, shocks and struts 1x, and tires 2x-3x. The only negative to this car in my opinion is the interior just doesn't age well. The headliner sags a bit now, the seats seem to stain easily (no pets/kids/smoking), and the radio display is constantly having pixels go out. Overall this has been a great car, and even though I've recently been looking to replace it there's no doubt in my mind I could easily get the car up to 225-250k miles with very little cost if I wanted to."

Electrical Issues

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Styling, strong engine and good brakes & steering"

Cons: "Electrical issues in general & poor headlights"

"Electrical issues are the problem: Poor headlights on low beam and next to impossible to replace the bulb yourself without tiny hands. Alternator replaced twice in last two years and now a recommendation to replace the computer from my mechanic who suggested that it was time to let go of this vechicle for good. Thought I could get 200,000 miles from it but not with a bum computer. On the plus side, a strong engine, good brakes and precise steering. I personally like the styling quite a bit and the car "fits" me well."

Fantastic and reliable!

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

"My MazdaSpeed6 is THE best car I have ever owned. The reliability and quality of this entire vehicle has impressed me since day one. I would buy another one tomorrow."

nice,roomy,quiet,comfortable,fun to drive,economic

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "handling,comfortable,fun to drive,great features."

"I bought this car as a "Sunday driver"only car.For a mid-sized vehical,it is a very roomy,comfortable,easy driver.I fell in love with it so much,I found myself driving it every time I wanted to go anywhere.The gas milage is excellent for around town.As for long trips,it is a very comfortable,economical car.I have owned every American make of vehical,and a few other "foreign" imports.This is as good, if not better, as any car I have owned to this point."

If I had it to do over, I would still choose you!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "handles good, good breaks, big trunk"

Cons: "broke 6 disk cd player(mine only), no aux jack"

"I love this car, I have owned it now for about 4 years. I haven't had any problems out of this car that haven't been routine maintenance problems. The reliability is the best part, I had a car previously that I couldn't rely on at all. My Mazda6 has never let me down!(knock on wood!) There are very few things that I would change about my car, one being the 6CD changer CD player, unfortunately it has been broken since I bought my car. The previous owner got a CD stuck in there some how, so adding a auxiliary jack so I could use my iPod would be nice. I love how comfortable the ride in my car is. I very rarely get uncomfortable. I also love the enormous trunk space! Very useful when moving. Overall I have loved this car and haven't had any problem out of it. I would most definitely buy Mazda again!"

A perfect 10 - No doubt, best car I've owned!!!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "As solid as a sledge hammer!!!"

Cons: "It is now nearly 9 years old!"

"I bought this car new in 2006 as a dealer left over. Stickered for almost $28K and got it for $25K. We've owned new Lincolns, Volvos, Nissans, Audis, VWs, Chevys, Jeeps, Dodges and more. Yes, we are car crazy! Now at 98K miles, I love it just as much as the day I drove it home. I am considering selling it to buy a new Kia Forte and really hate the thought of that too. Never one issue, always started when needed and never left me stranded. Handles so darn good!!! and its a wagon to boot!!! Mazda needs to bring the wagon version of the new Mazda 6 so I could buy it instead of a Forte! That Mazda refuses to bring their wagon to the States is why I refuse to buy their sedan! Dang shame too!"

Nicest looking car in its price range

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Great looking, fast, hatch is usefull"

Cons: "later models dont look as nice"

"I bought this car 3 years ago used and it has been very dependable. I went shopping to find a new car last week for my wife and when I came home and saw my blue mazda6s (With the spoiler of course) i thought "Man the new cars just dont look as cool as this car". I would definatly buy this car again. Not sure what im going to buy someday when mine dies.... nothing compares."