2008 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 929 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

GARBAGE

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "On paper, it should be awesome"

Cons: "Its not, money pit, waste of my life....."

"Repeat issues, over and over and over with Coils, fuel injection system, etc. Run away, do not buy this car..."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Fast, good on gas, sporty"

"Great vehicle! Never had any problems with it."

great overall car

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "fun fun fun to drive and good on gas, 25 mpg"

Cons: "struggled towing my bike... but I know its a mazda"

"Great car, I bought it because I was traveling for work and I wanted something better on gas. Mine has the 5 speed and 6 cylinder 3.0, it is a peppy car, she will really get up and go if you tell her to. I had only two issues with it one was a coolant hose connection piece gave out on my on a ski trip to NH but was easily re rigged in parking lot with basic plumbing supplies, not a whole lot of room to work on it but still doable. the other i was coming home from Columbus and it was torrential down pouring on me, I don't know if a sensor got wet or something but she started bucking on me and stalled out and wouldn't start for a half hour or so, but after that she fired right up and carried on, never had the problem before or after that one time. I am also a bigger guy, 220lbs and a little under 6 foot and it is a very comfortable car to drive. i frequently drive 500- 1500 miles and its not a bad car to be in most definitely fun to drive, recommend the 5 speed"

Good car for the money

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"A bit tight on the interior. Needs a better 2nd gear. Good reliable vehicle. Mazda does have good sound engine and transmission. Have owned several Mazdas and will consider another one."

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, Styling, AWD System, Rarity"

Cons: "Rear Leg Room, Uncommon Model (only made 2 years)"

"I bought my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT approximately two years ago. It provided everything I was looking for (AWD, 250+ hp, four doors) at a much better price than all the other models I'd considered (Subaru WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, Audi S4). The exterior is sleek (almost sleeper-esque) and the interior is nice. If the proper maintenance and precautions are taken (upgrading motor/transmission mounts, adjustable ball joints, etc.) then the overall maintenance costs can be kept low. Being able to DIY is helpful, and there are plenty of resources out there to help you."

A VERY VERY GOOD CAR

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS A REAL SLUSHBOX, SLIDING INTO SECOND AND THIRD GEAR UNDER RAPID ACCELERATION... BUT OTHER THAN THAT, SHE KEEPS ON GOING...!!!!!!"

Awesome!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "heated seats, great look"

Cons: "None so far"

"For my needs this car fits the bill! Four kids and groceries> We are all comfortable. The difference in gas cost per week from my 4 cyl. was $30 around. What is great is I do not feel like I am driving a boat. This does not have the look of a grocery go getter. I have had so many compliments on my car. Wonderful combination of sporty and comfortable and efficient! Heated seats and the Bose sound are terrific, too. What a treat when coming from a basic escort!"

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

Quality Vehicle Inside and Outside!

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable to drive on trips"

"My Mazda 6 I Sedan Sport Value Edition is in very good condition. The body of the car has no scratches or dents. The paint of the vehicle is gray and is in good condition. The tires were replaced in December 2009. The inside of the vehicle is also gray. I had the windows tinted right after I bought it and tint is in good condition. Inside of the car is very clean. floor mats and seats are all clean. It has a 6 CD changer and it continues to work. Mazda service completed all maintenance service to my vehicle so it is in good working condition. For a 4 cylinder it's a fast vehicle! My vehicle is worth more than the Kelly Blue Book estimate. I would ask for $12,000 since I took good car of my car."

mazda is the worst company to deal with!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

"I have a 2008 Mazda 6 that the cat converter is bad on. we purchased the PZEV emissions. The warranty manual clearly states that this should covered. Mazda will not repair this issue. The said part is we have purchased two Mazda products from the same dealership in the last five years, and they will not help. I can not even get a return phone call. I will never Purchase or recommend another Mazda product!"

A true SPORT utility - not a truck with a roof!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "nimble, fun, great capacity, sporty, elegant"

Cons: "a little light on noise insulation - add dynamat!"

"If you want nimble, fun to drive with great capacity and elegant looks with excellent dependability and low maintenance cost, this car CANNOT be beat! Forget those othe "SUV"s - trucks with a roof on the bed! Try a wagon, you will love it!"

Reliable and nice looking

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"This is my second Mazda and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. Super reliable and they do it with style. They are fun to drive and have a lot of get up and go, also very good on the curvy roads here."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and great handling."

Cons: "Not the best fuel milage for a 2.3 litre motor."

"Luxury and sport handling at half the cost. Never in the shop one day. Just change oil, tires and gas. Great car."

Surprises me more every day !!!

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage,fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage not as good as newer cars,"

"i have owned my mazda for almost 3 months an have had zero troubles with it, the only issue i have is the fact that most newer cars around this size an model get around 25 in town where i get only 21 but its still better than the 97 explorer i was driving lol. i purchased it with 89k miles an it currently has 102k on it, the gas mileage is great especailly for my 50 mile round trip commute to work 5 days a week, the traction control is a wonderful feature to have an just recently proved itself in the 6 inches of snow i had to drive through, I saw truck after truck getting pulled up hills an stuck in ditches but my mazda 6 just passed them all an kept trekking along just fine. would reccomend this car to anyone !!!!"

I Love this Car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"

Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"

"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"

Great looking car. Handles well. Bad Transmission.

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Good looking car. Comfortable"

Cons: "Bad transmission, Poor quality interrior"

"Bought this car used in late 2011, with only 27000 on the Odometer. First 6 months were great. Since then the head liner is separating from the roof. The dash is breaking and the transmission sticks between 5th and 6th gear. Also trans shifts up to 6th gear when going only 30m.p.h. Have had transmission shop service it at recommended intervals and their were no trouble codes. This seems to be a common problem with this transmission(automatic). Also the air conditioning is less than reliable."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great overall experience"

Cons: "Really, None"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. No costs other than routine maintenance!"

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None, honestly."

"My Mazda 6 Sportwagon and they call it is AWESOME. I also own two Infinity's, a G37 and G35. I would choose the Mazda any day over them for any trip longer than one hour. The Mazda drives so smooth, excellent pick-up with the V6 with still very respectable gas mileage (28 MPG+). The wagon is so versatile. I put Christmas trees in the back and can close the hatch. Can even accept a 10' long piece of trim and close the hatch (it sits on the front dash at this point). GREAT CAR...wish Mazda sold the new 6 wagon in the US. I will wait for it....also sad that they stopped having the V6 option..."

Excellent niche vehicle, very exclusive and fun.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Good bang for buck and excellent driving dynamics."

Cons: "Engineering lapses leaves room for improvement."

"I purchased my 2006 Speed6 new in December 2006 for an excellent price. When these cars were new, they essentially rotted away on dealer lots, as, for one reason or another, Mazda had poor success marketing the car to the public, and couldn't sell them. Those who waited around for the left overs, such as myself, were able to nab these cars new for next to nothing. So, for that reason, I consider it a great value. The car is alot of fun to drive. The moment I laid on the throttle during that first test drive, it was intoxicating. I had to have it. The car is very swift. It is a heavy car, but still very manageable and predictable when wrung out around corners. My car still has the original finicky clutch, for which Mazda issued a TSB. I always appreciated the on/off, firm feel of the clutch, and never asked Mazda to perform the TSB. The gear 6-speed transaxle is great, and the gearbox is a pleasure to paddle through. Though, in later years, has lost some of its fluidness. Features a very capable, well designed AWD system. Though, the rear LSD mounts are weak and prone to shearing mounting bolts. This is one of the weakest aspects of the design of this car. The engine is excellent. It was the recipient of Ward's top engines award for a number of years. It is no slouch, but also very tame and efficient when subdued. The car is capable of very modest mileage on the freeway. However, this engine suffered from several weak design aspects. Certain early builds of this engine, featured in the CX-7, MS6 and MS3, had poor variable valve timing actuator design - imminent and premature freeze pin failure, in addition to a stretching of the timing chain. Mazda's extended warranty, to 7 years, 7,000 miles replaces these parts with a freeze treated pin and a beefier chain. Mazda also extended warranty on another common issue - smoking turbocharger. Also extended to 7/70. The smoking turbo issue is quite heinous. When it smokes, it SMOKES. There's a few other weak areas in design here and there. But, overall the car's quality is not bad. Materials are good throughout. Build is good. Though, paint is thin. Mine, 7 years and 73K miles later still looks new. Thanks in part, of course, to my care, but Mazda also crafted a nice piece of workmanship here, completely capable of fun, speed AND longevity. As the 7th and final year with the car comes to a close, I have mostly good memories of the car. I am authoring this review as an ode and a last hoorah. The car is up for sale, and expected to sell at the end of the week. It'll be a great addition to the stable for its next owner. As for myself, I will miss it dearly."

I wish they still made this car, Id buy another!

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Engine, Transmission, cargo space, suspension, fun"

Cons: "they dont offer the wagon anymore :-("

"It is fun, and sporty but has a ton of room in it!! Super reliable and Im very happy with it. I have never had any major problems with the car at all. 290k and still going strong!!"

sporty, but needs improvement

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "looks good, goes fast."

Cons: "4 speed automatic. interior quality."

"bought new in 2004. its slow up to 15 mph then a rocket up to 120 mph. auto trans could use at least one more gear. i have 2.3 liter 4 banger. would like 24 mpg but get about 20 city. headliner fell down all ready. the front seats are very uncomfortable. the rear seats are great. the interior is very nice but doesnt last. exterior paint is good. 84000 miles on it now. handles corners awesome if i shift it, handles average if left in drive. great brakes."

Simple mechanical goodness

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"

Cons: "could be more efficient"

"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl). Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it. The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old). This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners. I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."

After 5 Years and 100k Miles Later

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas (27 Mpg Avg.), Reliable, Looks good for an 03"

Cons: "Interior not made to stand the test of time."

"I picked up my 2003 Mazda6 in 2008 with roughly 80k miles on it. When I bought the car I figured at best I would get 2 years out of it considering that I paid less than $5,000, but it has been incredibly reliable and still drives great considering the high mileage. Besides regular maintenance here is list of the things I've had to fix on the car. 110k - Intake Manifold ($600) 140k - Patch the exhaust pipe behind muffler (Free, a quick and easy job for a welder) 165k - O2 Sensor ($150) 170k - Gas Cap ($25) 185k - Vapor Canister Purge Valve ($65 for the part, really easy to install) Obviously since I have owned the car I've had to do several oil changes (every 3-4k miles religiously), brake pads and rotors 2x, shocks and struts 1x, and tires 2x-3x. The only negative to this car in my opinion is the interior just doesn't age well. The headliner sags a bit now, the seats seem to stain easily (no pets/kids/smoking), and the radio display is constantly having pixels go out. Overall this has been a great car, and even though I've recently been looking to replace it there's no doubt in my mind I could easily get the car up to 225-250k miles with very little cost if I wanted to."

Electrical Issues

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Styling, strong engine and good brakes & steering"

Cons: "Electrical issues in general & poor headlights"

"Electrical issues are the problem: Poor headlights on low beam and next to impossible to replace the bulb yourself without tiny hands. Alternator replaced twice in last two years and now a recommendation to replace the computer from my mechanic who suggested that it was time to let go of this vechicle for good. Thought I could get 200,000 miles from it but not with a bum computer. On the plus side, a strong engine, good brakes and precise steering. I personally like the styling quite a bit and the car "fits" me well."

Fantastic and reliable!

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

"My MazdaSpeed6 is THE best car I have ever owned. The reliability and quality of this entire vehicle has impressed me since day one. I would buy another one tomorrow."