2008 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 906 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Fun, Lots of Practicality

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Wasn't originally interested in this car, but when I test drove it, the 6 went to the top of my list. The car is great fun to drive. Corners great, plenty of power, especially for passing on the freeways. The seats provide plenty of support. I'm 6' and have plenty of leg room and can find a great driving position. The cargo area is much bigger than you'd expect, especially with the rear seats folded down. Car looks great inside and out. The Bose premium 6 speaker with subwoofer sound system is great. Manual shift mode lots of fun when you want to play boy-racer. Ride is on the firm side due to the sports suspension. Turning radius is wide like a truck since the transverse V6 eats up some of the wheel wells. Can be sluggish at low RPMs. Steering wheel could be more supple. Some cost cutting evident in the interior materials that feel cheap and insubstantial. Some might wish for better sound proofing. Front seats won't be comfortable for wide bodies. Cargo area liner material not exceptionally durable - get some sort of aftermarket cargo liner. With the premium sound system, the subwoofer is dropped into the spare wheel well, so you only have an "emergency" spare. Cannot attach a trailer hitch unless you're willing to drill holes through the floorboard. After 39,000 miles, I've only had some minor warranty work done. My Mazda dealer has provided superb service. I've gotten 24 mpg on average in mostly highway driving (though I am lead-footed)."

Great Buy

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Great car for a great price. Handles beautifully, great styling, sporty. Only draw back I can think of is that the rear passengers don't have as much room as some of the competitors cars do."

Cat Capability

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"I bought this car because I was desperate for a good deal at the time, which I got (New $16k). It is a very smooth ride and have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. But I started to doubt my selection when I compared the style to other new vehicles. For example, the Scion TC is more attractive to the eye and though my car is a standard sedan I wish it had more visual appeal; more specifically the front end. I also decided that I was not too fond of the rear lights because they almost look like bubbles."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25