2008 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 930 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

They Should Be Embarrassed

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Gets me from point A to Point B"

Cons: "Will it get you from A to B?"

"Will never even consider Mazda again as my car of choice. No one should have to worry about what might go wrong next every time they drive their car. I owned a Honda Accord for 17 years and no matter how cold the day, it would always turn over right away. I've owned the 2004 Mazda6 for 2 years and you would think with all of the cranking I should just take it out back to put it out of its misery. Have already had to replace the transmission. Seat fabric already ripping. Rust on wheel wells. Headlights and wiring unreliable and expensive to replace. Headlights should be a simple job, but its basically something a shop has to do for you."

good car

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

"good mpg, good quality"

Love this car, I would purchase another!

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "the style, roomy, can sleep in the seats so comfy"

Cons: "ash tray, lighter, place for trash bin"

"Three things that I thought didn't stand up to par were the steering is not as sharp as it could be, the exhaust rusted out before it should have, and (not sure what it's called) the clip-piece that the computer reads when you shift into park...shortly after I purchased the car, it went bad, it may have been going bad before my purchase, to find out many of the mazda6's have the same issue, tried to find recall info, none, so I just start it in neutral as does everyone else with the same problem. :)"

Best Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "appearance, HP, MPG, dual exhausts, sport package"

Cons: "no back air vents (at least in mine - 2003)"

"I drive a 2003 Mazda6s and seriously fell in love with this car due to quick acceleration, slick appearance, and overall value. I can't get another car besides the Mazda line now. Take one for a test drive and you'll see what I mean... Zoom-Zoom. I really push my car to the limit so I get about 17mpg, but when I drive easy I get about 26mpg (remember V6)."

My favorite

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Handles great"

Cons: "Parrts can be expensive/ unnecesssary wheel locks"

"This is the best car we have ever had. It drives great and holds plenty of stuff. The leather seats have held up well. It has lots of power and looks pretty sharp for a wagon."

LOVE IT!!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

"Bought the car new and it has been the single most fun, reliable, and good looking car I have owned. Go with the S it has a 6 cylinder and I found my leather seats are much more comfortable than cloth. If you arent heavy on accelerator you will get great MPG!"

Best vehicle with least amount repairs

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "fast,economical and a lot of power under hood"

Cons: "never been any cons to owning this car"

"This vehicle has neer given me a days trouble since I bought it. Love my Mazda."

Leaves A Lot To Be Desired

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Looks sporty. And... that's about it."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, maneuvers awkwardly"

"We purchased this car used because my wife thought it was 'sporty'. While it has a respectable kick to it when you press on the gas, overall it is a truly disappointing car. The cockpit is small, with your knees constantly banging against the steering column, and the cloth seats simply uncomfortable. Long drives not recommended in this car! Equally disappointing are the following: - Gas mileage. While it boasts a 'combined' 24 MPG rating, with a 15 gallon tank, one should be able to drive much more than 360-370 miles. The truth is, 24 MPG is the norm, and woe be unto you if you are driving it in the city! - Turn circumference: Don't try and do a U-Turn on a two lane street. You will have to back up and crank the wheel to the left again, or drive up on the curve. Tanks have a better turn ratio than this. - A 2007 WITHOUT a USB/MP3 port? SERIOUSLY? - Space: the trunk is long, but not deep, so fits very little. Moreover, using the back seats for storage is equally disappointing with large objects. I actually had to use my father's Ford C-Max to move because that compact car could actually carry MORE. -Desperately needs a 6th gear. If nothing else, it would help the gas mileage. Overall, completely disappointing, and now that paid off, I am getting rid of it ASAP."

Been good but has it flaws.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "No major mechanical problems. Still going strong"

Cons: "cheap interior build. CHEAP interior build!"

"I have owned this car since it has been new. Had a slight jerk changing gears from day 1. Dealer could never duplicate. 8 years later and I thought the tranny was going to go. Jerked really hard between 2 and 3. Had to drive in manual mode to control shock. 3 years later a indicator light came on to check throttle body. Cleaned and the car drives pretty smooth again. Mazda had a service bulletin on this and I am frustrated it took so long to diagnose. Interior falling apart. Headliner, glove box clip, ect.... Has been reliable though. Never left me stranded and still looks fairly new."

Great car with a Ford engine

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive, good power & brakes and handling"

Cons: "Reliability of engine, so-so interior"

"Handling, ride, power, amenities are all excellent, especially for the price. May be the best handling front drive car I have ever owned. Body style is good, interior quality is just OK. Only problem I have with this car is the V6 Ford engine it came with - makes good power (220HP) has excellent throttle response, but I don't see the engine lasting 250,000 miles like other Mazdas I have owned."