2007 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 943 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

2004 Mazda6 - Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I have owned my 2004 Mazda6 since October 2004. It was a factory program car with 6k miles on it. I now have 102k miles and the car still runs and handles like new. I have the burnt orange v6 sport. It still turns heads. I am a somewhat agressive driver and get an average 24 mpg. I have had all oil changes and routine maintenance done at the Mazda dealer (Borgman Ford/Mazda in GR, MI) and have been impressed with the car reliability and service quality. The only cons are I seem to go through fog lights like crazy. I also have a loose connection on my right headlight, so for the past week or so it's on sometime and off others (I'm sure an easy fix but it's too cold to dig into it so I'll wait a couple weeks until I need an oil change). Another issue raised by others is seat wear. The padding on the sides of the seatback seems to have some degredation as I can easily feel part of the seat frame. I spent 2 seconds looking into fixing it and see that the seat covers come off very easily (another warm weather project). I looked at purchasing the new 2009 model. Unfortunately, Mazda changed some of the features I really like about my 2004 model. They got rid of the quick-grab handle inside the trunk (nice in the winter because you don't have to touch the outside of your car to close the trunk). They also got rid of the nice handles and spring loaded folding rear seats. I'm also not fond of the new controls on the steering wheel. They used to be rocker switches and are now toggles, which aren't as easy to use. I test drove a loaded 2009 v6 model. It had lots of very cool features, but feels much heavier than the 2004 while driving (it is a bigger car, but unfortunately drives like one too)."

Mazdaspeed6

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"With 18K miles on it, my Mazdaspeed6 has been bulletproof. The AWD grip and huge acceleration are just a blast. The car is well appointed with loads of features for a reasonalble price. Interior fit and finish is my only gripe, though it is good, could be better. Anyone reading this, dont confuse the reviews of the standard Mazda 6 models with the Mazdaspeed6. Entirely different cars built in different factories on different continents with hundreds of different parts and some different sheetmetal. The Speed6 is far and away superior to the standard Mazda6 and just about everything it competes with particularly if price is a factor."

I Love this Car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"

Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"

"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

the Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Performance in winter as well as summer."

Cons: "Clutch release."

"Performance is outstanding in the real world. Wet or dry, winter or summer. The engine is a dream and very accommodating in the high altitude of Colorado. Very comfortable, fitting the name Grand Touring. Only downfall is less than great gas mileage. I guess you can't have everything. I love this car and I would by a new one if one was still available."

Simple mechanical goodness

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"

Cons: "could be more efficient"

"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl). Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it. The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old). This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners. I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Miles, Sporty, Sound, Reliability, Space"

Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"

"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one! Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way! This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"

GREAT!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"I bought my 2005 mazda 6 sport new, and after 8 years it's running strong, mileage 89425.....I love my mazda! Still rides new and looks great! People always ask what year it is......Clean Car!"

Mazdaspeed6 - Completely different from the base 6

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality, handling, acceleration, feel, options"

Cons: "Styling a bit too conservative, stiff clutch"

"The Mazdaspeed6, while similar in appearance, is actually a completely different vehicle than the regular Mazda6. The difference between the two is not just cosmetic, nor that it just has a bigger engine and sportier suspension. It is much more than that. Up through the 2008 model year, the standard 6 was built in the U.S. alongside it's American "cousin" the Ford Fusion, and shares many characteristics with the Fusion. The speed 6 and the RX-8 were at the time the only Mazdas built in Japan by Mazda Motor Corporation, not by the Mazda-Ford joint venture. Mazda Motors focused on pure performance, and it shows with this vehicle. It may look like the standard 6, but it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. With 274 horsepower, 280 ft-lbs of torque, a turbocharged engine with direct injection, a standard 6-speed manual transmission (with no automatic option), a 0-60 time in the mid-5's, all-wheel drive, and handling very close to that of a pure sports car, the Mazdaspeed6 means business, and is for the serious driving enthusiast. It's conservative styling (which is actually a little TOO conservative) makes it an unassuming sleeper, and mine has eaten many Mustangs and WRX's for breakfast. But people who know this car, KNOW. But the fun thing about this car is the Jekyll and Hyde persona it has. It is also a very capable and comfortable commuter car, and with the AWD system and excellent traction and stability control system, is especially nice in snowy or rainy climates. The grand touring model has every comfort feature you could imagine, from heated seats, to power moonroof, Bose audio system, xenon headlamps, keyless entry/ignition, and many more. It is a luxury car with a sports car alter-ego. I will add also that it has been very reliable since I bought my 2007 model new in early 2008. If you ever have a chance to buy one of these, by all means do it. There just are not many other cars like it, and they only sold 10,000 in the U.S. for 2 model years (2006 and 2007). I like it every bit as much as I liked my RX-8 that I had before it, and even a little bit more because it is much more reliable and versatile."

Love this Car!

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Style, Room, Reliability, Fun to drive, Sporty"

Cons: "Headlights difficult to change"

"I love this car. I wanted it ever since it came out on the market but it was expensive brand new so I purchased it 2 years old in 2007 and have had it for 5 years. I live in Buffalo and it holds up in the snow... I have a set of Blizzak snow tires that I switch on every year and put cinderblocks in the trunk to keep it weighed down. The gas tank is a great size for this car I don't drive to far to work less than 5 miles and I can normally get two weeks out of the tank without a problem. I like the sporty look and handling is great - I have the lifetime alignment package with Firestone that I use yearly due to the potholes created from the Buffalo winters. There is so much space in this car, I have the hatchback version and if you fold down the seats and remove the headrest from the passenger seat you can fit a 10ft drainage tube in your vehicle with the trunk closed, I have always impressed people with how much stuff I can fit into my car, firewood, construction materials, lumber, not that this is the best car for that sort of thing but for a novice person who likes to tinker around with projects this car is perfect, it has done the job for me and I plan to keep it as long as I can. The only problem that I ran into outside of normal maintenance is the lights are very difficult to replace I had one headlight go out and it was very tough to get to the lights and replace them - I took off my front wheels and removed the wheel wells (removed easily by clips - be sure to not break them or replace as needed) which gave me a lot more space to work with behind the lights, if you have to replace your lights I recommend doing it this way first its really easy to replace the lights once you open up the wheel wells. I hope this helps, I recommend ignoring the negative reviews, I love my Mazda and I am sure you will too!"