2007 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 924 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Speed6- Wish I could buy this brand new again

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "corners like a go-kart, very fast"

Cons: "Can't buy them new anymore"

"2007 Speed6. Love this car. Bought new in 2008.Very disappointed that Mazda changed the body style. Personally, I don't like the 2nd gen body style. I would buy another one of these if they were still making them. 98,000 miles and never once broke down. AWD is essential where I live. Awesome traction in snow(with real snow tires). Average 24.9 mpg on my 60 mile round trip to work. Very fun to drive. Six speed manual was the only transmission offered on this limited edition model, and its a joy to run through the gears. The ride is probably too firm for some, and there isn't much low end torque until the turbo is making some boost. The interior is not as spacious as some sport sedans, but I've taken 300 mile trips with adults in the back seat, with no major complaints. All in all, a very good value in a car that's somewhat rare."

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Miles, Sporty, Sound, Reliability, Space"

Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"

"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one! Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way! This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"

Explanation of lower ratings/what i love about it

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, read review"

Cons: "read review"

"Quality: i rate this "9" because both front control arms have been replaced - the passenger side under warranty and they aren't cheap. Driving Dynamics: of the Mazda 3's and 6's (not Speed 6) this 6i model (sport) has the best pick-up; although, it hesitates a bit too much when you punch it. it is still better than the others, though. not bad, though, for a car that isn't really a sports car:-) love everything else about it- the styling, love the console, love all the cubby holes. my son drove it and liked it so well he traded his car in on one! awesome little car!"

GREAT!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"I bought my 2005 mazda 6 sport new, and after 8 years it's running strong, mileage 89425.....I love my mazda! Still rides new and looks great! People always ask what year it is......Clean Car!"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage and very reliable"

Cons: "Could use a little more room in the back seat"

"This was my first "New" car got it with 12k on it in 2007, It has taken me to Texas several times as well as several trips to New Mexico never a single issue and decent on gas! Never thought I would fit in a mid size car as I am 6 foot 7 but it is very comfortable, it is at 78k miles now and I have yet to do ANY major repairs save for a small factory recall. Resale is good!"

I'M VERY HAPPY

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "LOVE IT"

Cons: "GOING FOR MY 3 CAR"

"I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE CAR THIS IS MY 2 CAR AND NOW I WILL BE GETTING A NEW BECAUSE I LIKE THEM A LOT"

Love my Mazda6s

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Great price, drives great"

"I love this car, I have owned this car since 2007 and it still rides like its new. Maintenance on this vehicle is affordable and great. My next car will be an updated Mazda6s. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mazdaspeed6 - Completely different from the base 6

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality, handling, acceleration, feel, options"

Cons: "Styling a bit too conservative, stiff clutch"

"The Mazdaspeed6, while similar in appearance, is actually a completely different vehicle than the regular Mazda6. The difference between the two is not just cosmetic, nor that it just has a bigger engine and sportier suspension. It is much more than that. Up through the 2008 model year, the standard 6 was built in the U.S. alongside it's American "cousin" the Ford Fusion, and shares many characteristics with the Fusion. The speed 6 and the RX-8 were at the time the only Mazdas built in Japan by Mazda Motor Corporation, not by the Mazda-Ford joint venture. Mazda Motors focused on pure performance, and it shows with this vehicle. It may look like the standard 6, but it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. With 274 horsepower, 280 ft-lbs of torque, a turbocharged engine with direct injection, a standard 6-speed manual transmission (with no automatic option), a 0-60 time in the mid-5's, all-wheel drive, and handling very close to that of a pure sports car, the Mazdaspeed6 means business, and is for the serious driving enthusiast. It's conservative styling (which is actually a little TOO conservative) makes it an unassuming sleeper, and mine has eaten many Mustangs and WRX's for breakfast. But people who know this car, KNOW. But the fun thing about this car is the Jekyll and Hyde persona it has. It is also a very capable and comfortable commuter car, and with the AWD system and excellent traction and stability control system, is especially nice in snowy or rainy climates. The grand touring model has every comfort feature you could imagine, from heated seats, to power moonroof, Bose audio system, xenon headlamps, keyless entry/ignition, and many more. It is a luxury car with a sports car alter-ego. I will add also that it has been very reliable since I bought my 2007 model new in early 2008. If you ever have a chance to buy one of these, by all means do it. There just are not many other cars like it, and they only sold 10,000 in the U.S. for 2 model years (2006 and 2007). I like it every bit as much as I liked my RX-8 that I had before it, and even a little bit more because it is much more reliable and versatile."

Great car, storage of an suv mpg of a sedan 30+mpg

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, style"

Cons: "Expensive to buy but worth every penny"

"Great power driving through the mountains. Excellent handling. 157000+ miles and still running strong. Everything still works. Power everything looks brand new and drives like new."

the Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Performance in winter as well as summer."

Cons: "Clutch release."

"Performance is outstanding in the real world. Wet or dry, winter or summer. The engine is a dream and very accommodating in the high altitude of Colorado. Very comfortable, fitting the name Grand Touring. Only downfall is less than great gas mileage. I guess you can't have everything. I love this car and I would by a new one if one was still available."

A great family car

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, sporty looks, stereo, overall quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better, LARGE turning radius"

"Every time I am about to say goodbye to a car I like to do an "exit interview" to evaluate my time with my vehicle. For the majority of the years I've owned my Mazda6, my daily commute was a little over 2 hours roundtrip, mostly city driving. In the 6 years I've owned this car, it has been very good to me. Never had a single mechanical problem. Of course, I was pretty on top of my routine maintainence, as anyone should be, but I have very little to complain about this car. I like to get the bad stuff out of the way first. The gas mileage could've been better. This is the main reason I am saying goodbye to this car. I averaged about 20 mpg and with an 18 gallon tank, it really sucked money out of my wallet every week to fill up. Mine was just a 4-cylinder and I expected better gas mileage. My other complaint is the turning radius. I was forewarned about it prior to buying it, but it really was a nuisance sometimes. Can't make a U-turn at an intersection without going into 3 lanes of traffic. This car also made parallel parking impossible. Other than those two things, I have nothing but good things to say about the car. I'm going to just gloss over the good things since there are so many. The looks and styling have aged very well. In 2014 the 3rd generation Mazda6 will be arriving but the 1st generation Mazda6 still looks sharp to this day. Long daily commutes have proven that the seats are more than comfortable enough and are very supportive. The interior is pretty spacious, though it feels closer to a compact car than a midsize by today's standards, which to be quite honest, is fine with me. One more thing I thought stood out was the quality of the stereo. The speakers and cd player are phenomenal, especially considering it's factory installed (and is not the BOSE stereo). All in all this was a great car that got me through the majority of my 20's. I can't say the same for all of my cars but I will be sad when I say goodbye to this car for good (which is mere days from now at the time of this writing). Mazda has been making exceptional products within the last ten years and I can't recommend this car or the company highly enough!"

A Superb Handling and Great Mileage Mid-Size Sedan

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, fun to drive, roomy, sharp interior"

Cons: "Could have an extra slide out cup holder"

"I own a Mazda Grand Touring 4-cyc Hatchback. I bought the car (new) in 2007 and give it high praise in the mid-sedan market. The hatchack version (5-door) that I own doesn't even look like a bulky hatchback, but like a great looking 4-door sedan. You honestly can't tell it's a hatchback. It's wonderfully deceptive because you get the space and room, but in appearance the car has a sharp, professional, sporty look. The back seat is very roomy in contrast to other competitors and I have had numerous people freely affirm how surprisingly roomy and comfortable the back seat is for them. Mileage is about 31 MPG for the freeway. Sound systems (BOSE) is excellent. The only downside is that the front window rails that hold the front glass window plate are too wide (about 2.5 inches or more). When you are at an intersection, it proves to be a blind spot... you literally can't see a person who may be walking in a crosswalk a mere 7 ft. away. You have to be careful with that dynamic. Other than that... the car has been exceptionally reliable, incredibly fun to drive, and great on mileage. I strongly recommend this brand, model, year and style. It's a wonderful vehicle. Mazda created a winner here."

great vehicle for cost

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "all of the above"

"2nd Mazda I have owned, havent had to do a thing ,except a battery and 2 headlight bulbs. Mileage is good , comfortable, reliable. These cars compare to any other midsize car, their value should be much greater used."

Best car I owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Great interior/exterior design, handling. Good gas"

"I bought the 05 Mazda 6 in 2006. It was a great looking car inside and out, and drove really well. I drove this car from Ca to Az, to Tx and back, and many times with my fiance, and we were both very comfortable and the cruise control worked great. Unfortunately my car was totaled (hit while parked on the street), but got good value at $12k (all work done on reported helped as well). There were minor things such as the ceiling liner starting to fall out, and some outside trim starting to fall off, but this may have been due to extreme weather conditions as well. I would have kept this car for a long time if I had the choice."

This is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great on trunk space and comfortable."

Cons: "Beige interior gets dirty."

"My Mazda saved my life, if not for the durability of the car I would have lost my life. I enjoy driving this car on the highway, by far its speed, flexibility and comfort of driving this car is incredible. I would not trade it for anything else. I would like to congratulate the Mazda team for building such and incredible car. It saved my life,and even though my car is a total loss, I would like to thank everyone for giving me another chance at life."

I LOVE MY ZOOM ZOOM Mazda 6

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"I LOVE THIS CAR. Worth every dollar financed!My next car will be a Mazda!"

I love this car

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Great attention to detail, interior cargo room"

Cons: "I will have to get rid of this car someday :("

"This car is great. There were so many little details that were addressed to make it great. The trunk design is genius because there is no lost space when you put the trunk lid down. The folding rear seats make for a huge cargo space. It's the little things like the windshield washer reservoir is a gallon so it takes a whole jug of washer fluid. The interior is super simple and well laid out. Everything has held up really well. The only thing I've had to do is get a new thermostat and get new brakes a few times(city driving). I have the four cylinder engine which has plenty of power (i am often surprised). If my wife hadn't hit a bear in Idaho and the bumper of a uhaul truck, this car would still look new:) The paint is in really good shape still."

Terrible to average

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "It is zippy to drive."

Cons: "Just about everything else in the car"

"The first one I had flooded when it rained. The factory forgot to put a seal on the undercarrige and the water flooded the inside and the carpet and electrical systems needed to be replaced. Since it was brand new I got them to switch it with one without flood damage. The new one had all sorts of issues as well. Electrical things (the cd player cuts out) mechanical things (the tires wont stay aligned). Other than that: Pros- It is zippy to drive. Cons- Just about everything else in the car ranges from terrible to ok. After 95k miles almost everything about this car is falling apart. My wifes ford is doing much better in the same span, and her car sees 2 kids daily. I honestly see no reason to buy a mazda again."

Good value

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"This is my third Mazda, so obviously I am well satisfied with the make. I really like the hatchback feature--I can get more in this car than others with a small SUV because of the easily fold down seats and good height with the trunk cover off. Some features were an improvement over my previous, but one, the turning radius definitely not. It is terrible. All in all, it is a reliable car with good mileage."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, powerful engine, looks good"

Cons: "I haven't found any."

"I love my Mazda6! I keep all my maintenance service dates and this car is wonderful! It drives like a tank through snow (even though we haven't had much). I love the option of putting it in manual and changing gears (I miss the clutch though). This has been the best car I have ever owned!"

Fun to drive. Made with cheap parts.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Good gas mileage. Good sound system."

Cons: "Cheap."

"Positive: This car is fun to drive, especially the manual. It is light enough that it can zip around turns. It has decent power for such a small engine. I like the exterior design of the car. The Bose sound system is great! I can get 23-25 MPG in the city, and up to 30-31 MPG on the highway if I don't stop for a while. Negative: My biggest complaint is reliability, especially interior parts. The ceiling cloth and dome lights have fallen apart. As for the exterior, I replaced the front struts, and the sway bar is annoying loud and squeaky. Let's hope the rest of the undercarriage doesn't rust too fast. Also, (this is a big one for me) the stock head unit does not allow you to plug in an mp3 player. I tried buying the cable from the dealer; it doesn't work."

best bang for your buck

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Easy to maintain. Rotate the tires, change the oil. That's it. Very well built. As far as handeling...superb! If you like driving and a car that holds the road and responds to every move. A Mazda 6 is for you."

10 years and still running!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, mpg, power"

Cons: "interior clothing were not glued well"

"Only scheduled maintenance done, no mechanical problem for 10 years. The car is a great car for every day commute to work. The v6 engine 220hp is really great with a lot of power and good mpg."

Good gas mileage and cost for the car!

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, peppy after initial takeoff"

Cons: "no media, bad turn radius"

"Car drives great. No major problems. Only a few complaints; the air vents broke the first month I owned the car and the turn radius is horrible, you have to turn wide into parking spots and tight corners. It does have road noise when driving with the windows completely up but not too bad. The only other complaint is this model has a media button on the radio, however, no media plug for ipod, iphone, etc. I was told this model was designed in '04 and never changed, yet the '08 CX9 has an auxiliary/media plug because it was designed in late '07. Other than that, great little car, great gas mileage, would consider buying another mazda."

Love this Car!

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Style, Room, Reliability, Fun to drive, Sporty"

Cons: "Headlights difficult to change"

"I love this car. I wanted it ever since it came out on the market but it was expensive brand new so I purchased it 2 years old in 2007 and have had it for 5 years. I live in Buffalo and it holds up in the snow... I have a set of Blizzak snow tires that I switch on every year and put cinderblocks in the trunk to keep it weighed down. The gas tank is a great size for this car I don't drive to far to work less than 5 miles and I can normally get two weeks out of the tank without a problem. I like the sporty look and handling is great - I have the lifetime alignment package with Firestone that I use yearly due to the potholes created from the Buffalo winters. There is so much space in this car, I have the hatchback version and if you fold down the seats and remove the headrest from the passenger seat you can fit a 10ft drainage tube in your vehicle with the trunk closed, I have always impressed people with how much stuff I can fit into my car, firewood, construction materials, lumber, not that this is the best car for that sort of thing but for a novice person who likes to tinker around with projects this car is perfect, it has done the job for me and I plan to keep it as long as I can. The only problem that I ran into outside of normal maintenance is the lights are very difficult to replace I had one headlight go out and it was very tough to get to the lights and replace them - I took off my front wheels and removed the wheel wells (removed easily by clips - be sure to not break them or replace as needed) which gave me a lot more space to work with behind the lights, if you have to replace your lights I recommend doing it this way first its really easy to replace the lights once you open up the wheel wells. I hope this helps, I recommend ignoring the negative reviews, I love my Mazda and I am sure you will too!"