2007 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 922 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Been good but has it flaws.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "No major mechanical problems. Still going strong"

Cons: "cheap interior build. CHEAP interior build!"

"I have owned this car since it has been new. Had a slight jerk changing gears from day 1. Dealer could never duplicate. 8 years later and I thought the tranny was going to go. Jerked really hard between 2 and 3. Had to drive in manual mode to control shock. 3 years later a indicator light came on to check throttle body. Cleaned and the car drives pretty smooth again. Mazda had a service bulletin on this and I am frustrated it took so long to diagnose. Interior falling apart. Headliner, glove box clip, ect.... Has been reliable though. Never left me stranded and still looks fairly new."

Great car with a Ford engine

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive, good power & brakes and handling"

Cons: "Reliability of engine, so-so interior"

"Handling, ride, power, amenities are all excellent, especially for the price. May be the best handling front drive car I have ever owned. Body style is good, interior quality is just OK. Only problem I have with this car is the V6 Ford engine it came with - makes good power (220HP) has excellent throttle response, but I don't see the engine lasting 250,000 miles like other Mazdas I have owned."

Very impressive...Excellent Auto

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, acceleration is excellent."

Cons: "Cupholders could be a little larger."

"I am the 2nd owner of this vehicle. I love the rack n pinion handling on curves, in inclement weather (heavy rain and snow). I like the gas mileage...that's great. I like the look of my sporty model and fantastic paint job with little silver flecks. Never owned a Madza before, but I would probably another one."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, well-built, good interior space"

Cons: "Whine in air vents, fluctuating mpg"

"Have owned this car for over 5 years and have never had a single mechanical issue. It drives great and is easy to handle; I love driving this car. It isn't as comfortable as some of the newer, different model cars I have ridden in, particularly for passengers, but it does have more leg room than a compact car and is a decent value for its class in comfort. Our car may be unusual in this, but in certain areas where the wind is strong and in the right direction, the vents will squeal/whine. Had it checked and there is no mechanical issue, just a minor (annoying) design flaw. Trunk space is AMAZING - we have even fit a larger push lawnmower in the back while leaving the rear seat up. Rear seat fits two carseats and a smaller child or three bigger kids without too much invasion of space. Easy and fun to drive and I love the feel of driving a sports car (we have the sport sedan) without sacrificing comfort and space for style. Gas mileage is still decent (around 28 to 30 mpg), although it tends to fluctuate a lot the older the car gets. Depending on weather and driving conditions, it has gone as low as 22 mpg, but also as high as 35 mpg during freeway travel in great conditions."

One of the better vehicles I have owned.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic parts in the interior... are very cheap!!!"

"This has been an excellent vehicle. Mechanically, other than maintenance, have done nothing... not even brakes. Interior.. had to replace the head liner, and re-cover the drivers arm rest. Now the little plastic door in the middle of the dash (where you keep sun glasses, et;) is broken and Mazda wants 167.00 for a 5.00 piece of plastic. The plastic cap over one of the accessory plug-ins has broken It is a fun car to drive and for what it is, has good acceleration."

exellent vehicle

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"It looks so great. its fast like a sports car. Plus it has 4 doors unlike sports cars"

Good vehicle, poor quality material

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great acceleration, comfortable drive"

Cons: "Poor quality materials, AC weak, mileage so so"

"I bought this car new and it has always had a quirk that no one could fix. It hesitates and then lurches slightly on inclines. Other than that it has been a great car to drive and has given me no mechanical trouble until recently. I wish I could say the same about the interior and side mouldings. Little by little things fell off or broke. The header fell in the front, then in the back, the storage box on the dash (poor placement directly in the sun) one hinge broke and then the other. The digital clock went out, the side mouldings fell off one by one (the adhesive gave out). Then both window motors went out."

Overall reliable car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "quick get up and go, double automatic windows"

Cons: "22 mpg, bad turning radius"

"Great car, I have owned it for 3 years now. AC doesn't work, but I just pour more Freon in it like once a month if even. It does not have a good turning radius. Other than that I love this car, works great. It's got that good ol' "zoom zoom". Gas mileage is okay, I get like 22 mpg."

Nice car

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "roomy for smaller car/always ran well/good in snow"

Cons: "fairly generic interior/road noise/gas mileage"

"bought used from 1st owner almost 3 yrs ago with low miles on it. handles good in all weather and is a perfect sized vehicle. interior has a lot of road noise when driving. also thought a 4 cylinder would have had a little better city MPG. over all it was a good purchase and I've been happy with the car."

Love

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, a sporty ride."

Cons: "None."

"This car has been completely dependable, no problems. I am the original owner. No accidents other than fender bender."

MOST reliable and fun car with comfort!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "EVERY THING"

Cons: "Lower to ground for handling-"

"I had a BLUE mazda 6 for 7 years, I bought it new- I then had 3 kids and went to an SUV- I MISSED my mazda so much I sold that and got this LOW mileage one. NOW I am in Real Estate, and showing homes has a lot of in and out. NOW I am looking for something higher off the ground! I just need more room for all my open house and real estate stuff. I LOVE this car so much I MAY park it for my daughters first car, BUT I could use the money to get an SUV :) THESE are extremely hard to find as well!"

Was fun till 100k

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Was fun to drive."

Cons: "Breaks down to fast after 100k. Expensive parts."

"My Mazda was a fun car when I first got it 2 years ago. I got the car with about 70k miles on it and now have 102k. Pretty much once I hit that 100k mile mark things started to break pretty rapidly. At first it was the Thermostat which is to be expected I was not upset with that. Next I started to hear an engine shaking noise and feel when I put the car into reverse, pretty sure I got that noise figured out that it is a motor mount. Next thing that started happening is my steering gear box is starting to go out, it makes noises when it wants to but not when I want it to to diagnose it. My driver side window lift motor went out and had to replace that. My Key fob never worked since I had it which is only a minor annoyance. I do regular maintenance to the car. There is also a ticking sound coming from the engine which I have only heard once but it sounded almost as if the valves were hitting the piston head which is the most recent thing that has happened with it. Never had a problem with gas, I can usually get around 30 mpg on the freeway heading from Utah to California, about 24 in the city. All the replacement parts are too expensive for their low quality materials they are made from."

Nice value for the money

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Good value for money, comfortable seating, acceler"

Cons: "Only thing I can think of is no Aux input"

"To me utility is the first thing that I look for in anything that I purchase. And I am so convinced my Mazda 6 gives me more than its value. I have had this fully loaded grand touring 6s for 5 years now. It has been trouble free and such a joy to ride around. Even the newer versions of other brands do not compare against my Mazda. I love it! I love the sound from its Bose system, love the leather seats, they are so comfortable even even on long rides. (btw.. The longest I have driven is 13 hours in one night, & I have done this same trip on other rental cars and can easily see the difference!)"

Engine Hassel

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "not reliable"

"I bought my Mazda 6 with 51,000 miles on it. Ran great until it hit 100,000 miles. I had to replace 3 coils, an O2 Censor, a belt, and a pulley. It's overheated and stalled on me twice. It's been in the shop now for over a week and I still haven't heard what's wrong this time. Quite frankly, I don't even care to know. I'm done with this car."

Beautiful sporty

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Get compliments on it all the time. Low profile tires mag wheels spoiler on back. Fixed up to the max great heater and air conditioner"

LOVE MY CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "I WILL ALWAYS BUY MAZDAS"

"I WILL ONLY BUY MAZDAS AFTER OWNING THIS CAR FOR 5 YEARS."

Great Reliable Car

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Interior hold up, reliable"

Cons: "low ground clearance, turning radius not tight"

"Bought new and still own it. No major repairs, just wear and tear items (i.e. tires, maintenance). The only major repair I had was a new fuel pump at 91,000 miles. The ground clearance is a bit low, especially for CO mountain roads and my steep driveway. Interior is good quality, it has held up perfectly in it's 8 years."

Great car love it!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "A fun car to drive"

"I bought the car used and have had no problems at all. It is well built and stylish with plenty of power with the V6."

GARBAGE

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "On paper, it should be awesome"

Cons: "Its not, money pit, waste of my life....."

"Repeat issues, over and over and over with Coils, fuel injection system, etc. Run away, do not buy this car..."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Fast, good on gas, sporty"

"Great vehicle! Never had any problems with it."

great overall car

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "fun fun fun to drive and good on gas, 25 mpg"

Cons: "struggled towing my bike... but I know its a mazda"

"Great car, I bought it because I was traveling for work and I wanted something better on gas. Mine has the 5 speed and 6 cylinder 3.0, it is a peppy car, she will really get up and go if you tell her to. I had only two issues with it one was a coolant hose connection piece gave out on my on a ski trip to NH but was easily re rigged in parking lot with basic plumbing supplies, not a whole lot of room to work on it but still doable. the other i was coming home from Columbus and it was torrential down pouring on me, I don't know if a sensor got wet or something but she started bucking on me and stalled out and wouldn't start for a half hour or so, but after that she fired right up and carried on, never had the problem before or after that one time. I am also a bigger guy, 220lbs and a little under 6 foot and it is a very comfortable car to drive. i frequently drive 500- 1500 miles and its not a bad car to be in most definitely fun to drive, recommend the 5 speed"

Good car for the money

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"A bit tight on the interior. Needs a better 2nd gear. Good reliable vehicle. Mazda does have good sound engine and transmission. Have owned several Mazdas and will consider another one."

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, Styling, AWD System, Rarity"

Cons: "Rear Leg Room, Uncommon Model (only made 2 years)"

"I bought my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT approximately two years ago. It provided everything I was looking for (AWD, 250+ hp, four doors) at a much better price than all the other models I'd considered (Subaru WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, Audi S4). The exterior is sleek (almost sleeper-esque) and the interior is nice. If the proper maintenance and precautions are taken (upgrading motor/transmission mounts, adjustable ball joints, etc.) then the overall maintenance costs can be kept low. Being able to DIY is helpful, and there are plenty of resources out there to help you."

A VERY VERY GOOD CAR

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS A REAL SLUSHBOX, SLIDING INTO SECOND AND THIRD GEAR UNDER RAPID ACCELERATION... BUT OTHER THAN THAT, SHE KEEPS ON GOING...!!!!!!"

Awesome!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "heated seats, great look"

Cons: "None so far"

"For my needs this car fits the bill! Four kids and groceries> We are all comfortable. The difference in gas cost per week from my 4 cyl. was $30 around. What is great is I do not feel like I am driving a boat. This does not have the look of a grocery go getter. I have had so many compliments on my car. Wonderful combination of sporty and comfortable and efficient! Heated seats and the Bose sound are terrific, too. What a treat when coming from a basic escort!"