2007 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 947 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Simple mechanical goodness

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"

Cons: "could be more efficient"

"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl). Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it. The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old). This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners. I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Miles, Sporty, Sound, Reliability, Space"

Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"

"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one! Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way! This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"

GREAT!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"I bought my 2005 mazda 6 sport new, and after 8 years it's running strong, mileage 89425.....I love my mazda! Still rides new and looks great! People always ask what year it is......Clean Car!"

Mazdaspeed6 - Completely different from the base 6

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality, handling, acceleration, feel, options"

Cons: "Styling a bit too conservative, stiff clutch"

"The Mazdaspeed6, while similar in appearance, is actually a completely different vehicle than the regular Mazda6. The difference between the two is not just cosmetic, nor that it just has a bigger engine and sportier suspension. It is much more than that. Up through the 2008 model year, the standard 6 was built in the U.S. alongside it's American "cousin" the Ford Fusion, and shares many characteristics with the Fusion. The speed 6 and the RX-8 were at the time the only Mazdas built in Japan by Mazda Motor Corporation, not by the Mazda-Ford joint venture. Mazda Motors focused on pure performance, and it shows with this vehicle. It may look like the standard 6, but it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. With 274 horsepower, 280 ft-lbs of torque, a turbocharged engine with direct injection, a standard 6-speed manual transmission (with no automatic option), a 0-60 time in the mid-5's, all-wheel drive, and handling very close to that of a pure sports car, the Mazdaspeed6 means business, and is for the serious driving enthusiast. It's conservative styling (which is actually a little TOO conservative) makes it an unassuming sleeper, and mine has eaten many Mustangs and WRX's for breakfast. But people who know this car, KNOW. But the fun thing about this car is the Jekyll and Hyde persona it has. It is also a very capable and comfortable commuter car, and with the AWD system and excellent traction and stability control system, is especially nice in snowy or rainy climates. The grand touring model has every comfort feature you could imagine, from heated seats, to power moonroof, Bose audio system, xenon headlamps, keyless entry/ignition, and many more. It is a luxury car with a sports car alter-ego. I will add also that it has been very reliable since I bought my 2007 model new in early 2008. If you ever have a chance to buy one of these, by all means do it. There just are not many other cars like it, and they only sold 10,000 in the U.S. for 2 model years (2006 and 2007). I like it every bit as much as I liked my RX-8 that I had before it, and even a little bit more because it is much more reliable and versatile."

Love this Car!

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Style, Room, Reliability, Fun to drive, Sporty"

Cons: "Headlights difficult to change"

"I love this car. I wanted it ever since it came out on the market but it was expensive brand new so I purchased it 2 years old in 2007 and have had it for 5 years. I live in Buffalo and it holds up in the snow... I have a set of Blizzak snow tires that I switch on every year and put cinderblocks in the trunk to keep it weighed down. The gas tank is a great size for this car I don't drive to far to work less than 5 miles and I can normally get two weeks out of the tank without a problem. I like the sporty look and handling is great - I have the lifetime alignment package with Firestone that I use yearly due to the potholes created from the Buffalo winters. There is so much space in this car, I have the hatchback version and if you fold down the seats and remove the headrest from the passenger seat you can fit a 10ft drainage tube in your vehicle with the trunk closed, I have always impressed people with how much stuff I can fit into my car, firewood, construction materials, lumber, not that this is the best car for that sort of thing but for a novice person who likes to tinker around with projects this car is perfect, it has done the job for me and I plan to keep it as long as I can. The only problem that I ran into outside of normal maintenance is the lights are very difficult to replace I had one headlight go out and it was very tough to get to the lights and replace them - I took off my front wheels and removed the wheel wells (removed easily by clips - be sure to not break them or replace as needed) which gave me a lot more space to work with behind the lights, if you have to replace your lights I recommend doing it this way first its really easy to replace the lights once you open up the wheel wells. I hope this helps, I recommend ignoring the negative reviews, I love my Mazda and I am sure you will too!"