2007 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 941 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Qualities for the Mazda 6

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I do love my car and the great pick up its has for a 4 cylinder engine. I do have some issues with this car though... they made special tires for the Mazda 6 series which are way over priced. I was able to get similar tires to help with the performance of my car. Another thing is that when you need to change a headlight you will need to bring your car into get serviced because the dealership will have to remove your front bumper in order to change the bulb. Also they only cover it up to 50k miles. The other thing is that oil changes are not cheap for this vehicle. So those are just a little FYI's. Don't get me wrong I do love my car and the way it handles but those are just some down-falls which are minor but sometimes the minor things do add up in the long run."

2004 Mazda6 - Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I have owned my 2004 Mazda6 since October 2004. It was a factory program car with 6k miles on it. I now have 102k miles and the car still runs and handles like new. I have the burnt orange v6 sport. It still turns heads. I am a somewhat agressive driver and get an average 24 mpg. I have had all oil changes and routine maintenance done at the Mazda dealer (Borgman Ford/Mazda in GR, MI) and have been impressed with the car reliability and service quality. The only cons are I seem to go through fog lights like crazy. I also have a loose connection on my right headlight, so for the past week or so it's on sometime and off others (I'm sure an easy fix but it's too cold to dig into it so I'll wait a couple weeks until I need an oil change). Another issue raised by others is seat wear. The padding on the sides of the seatback seems to have some degredation as I can easily feel part of the seat frame. I spent 2 seconds looking into fixing it and see that the seat covers come off very easily (another warm weather project). I looked at purchasing the new 2009 model. Unfortunately, Mazda changed some of the features I really like about my 2004 model. They got rid of the quick-grab handle inside the trunk (nice in the winter because you don't have to touch the outside of your car to close the trunk). They also got rid of the nice handles and spring loaded folding rear seats. I'm also not fond of the new controls on the steering wheel. They used to be rocker switches and are now toggles, which aren't as easy to use. I test drove a loaded 2009 v6 model. It had lots of very cool features, but feels much heavier than the 2004 while driving (it is a bigger car, but unfortunately drives like one too)."

Mazdaspeed6

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"With 18K miles on it, my Mazdaspeed6 has been bulletproof. The AWD grip and huge acceleration are just a blast. The car is well appointed with loads of features for a reasonalble price. Interior fit and finish is my only gripe, though it is good, could be better. Anyone reading this, dont confuse the reviews of the standard Mazda 6 models with the Mazdaspeed6. Entirely different cars built in different factories on different continents with hundreds of different parts and some different sheetmetal. The Speed6 is far and away superior to the standard Mazda6 and just about everything it competes with particularly if price is a factor."

Great car, storage of an suv mpg of a sedan 30+mpg

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, style"

Cons: "Expensive to buy but worth every penny"

"Great power driving through the mountains. Excellent handling. 157000+ miles and still running strong. Everything still works. Power everything looks brand new and drives like new."

great vehicle for cost

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "all of the above"

"2nd Mazda I have owned, havent had to do a thing ,except a battery and 2 headlight bulbs. Mileage is good , comfortable, reliable. These cars compare to any other midsize car, their value should be much greater used."

I Love this Car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"

Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"

"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

the Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Performance in winter as well as summer."

Cons: "Clutch release."

"Performance is outstanding in the real world. Wet or dry, winter or summer. The engine is a dream and very accommodating in the high altitude of Colorado. Very comfortable, fitting the name Grand Touring. Only downfall is less than great gas mileage. I guess you can't have everything. I love this car and I would by a new one if one was still available."

Simple mechanical goodness

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"

Cons: "could be more efficient"

"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl). Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it. The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old). This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners. I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Miles, Sporty, Sound, Reliability, Space"

Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"

"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one! Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way! This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"