2006 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 957 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

GREAT!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"I bought my 2005 mazda 6 sport new, and after 8 years it's running strong, mileage 89425.....I love my mazda! Still rides new and looks great! People always ask what year it is......Clean Car!"

Mazdaspeed6 - Completely different from the base 6

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality, handling, acceleration, feel, options"

Cons: "Styling a bit too conservative, stiff clutch"

"The Mazdaspeed6, while similar in appearance, is actually a completely different vehicle than the regular Mazda6. The difference between the two is not just cosmetic, nor that it just has a bigger engine and sportier suspension. It is much more than that. Up through the 2008 model year, the standard 6 was built in the U.S. alongside it's American "cousin" the Ford Fusion, and shares many characteristics with the Fusion. The speed 6 and the RX-8 were at the time the only Mazdas built in Japan by Mazda Motor Corporation, not by the Mazda-Ford joint venture. Mazda Motors focused on pure performance, and it shows with this vehicle. It may look like the standard 6, but it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. With 274 horsepower, 280 ft-lbs of torque, a turbocharged engine with direct injection, a standard 6-speed manual transmission (with no automatic option), a 0-60 time in the mid-5's, all-wheel drive, and handling very close to that of a pure sports car, the Mazdaspeed6 means business, and is for the serious driving enthusiast. It's conservative styling (which is actually a little TOO conservative) makes it an unassuming sleeper, and mine has eaten many Mustangs and WRX's for breakfast. But people who know this car, KNOW. But the fun thing about this car is the Jekyll and Hyde persona it has. It is also a very capable and comfortable commuter car, and with the AWD system and excellent traction and stability control system, is especially nice in snowy or rainy climates. The grand touring model has every comfort feature you could imagine, from heated seats, to power moonroof, Bose audio system, xenon headlamps, keyless entry/ignition, and many more. It is a luxury car with a sports car alter-ego. I will add also that it has been very reliable since I bought my 2007 model new in early 2008. If you ever have a chance to buy one of these, by all means do it. There just are not many other cars like it, and they only sold 10,000 in the U.S. for 2 model years (2006 and 2007). I like it every bit as much as I liked my RX-8 that I had before it, and even a little bit more because it is much more reliable and versatile."

love it!

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"This is a great car, have had it for 7 yrs w/o any problems and would get another if we didn't have kids and want a bigger car. The trunk is huge and it real nice. The back seats are big w/plenty of leg room as well as the front seats."

Love My Mazda 6

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I bought my NEW 2004 Mazda 6S the last week of Jan 2005. I got a great deal on it since it was a previous model year still on the lot. Paid ~$5700 below sticker. Overall, I really love this car, but I'll start with the cons just to lay them out. Cons: I have the 3.0L V6. It's more sluggish than I'd expect from a 6-cyl. The low end torque just isn't there. The gear ratios for 4th and 5th aren't where I'd like them either. I usually skip 4th because it's not much use. 5th should bring the RPMs down farther at highway speeds... cranking >3500 at 60mph. Pros: The 5-speed is really fun to drive. Like most Mazdas, the engine really likes higher RPM's. Great pickup with RPM's 2500+. Tight steering and nice engine tone really make the car feel like it has more under the hood than it really does. The Bose stereo is decent. Leather seats are really comfortable. The car has been really solid. No problems to speak of aside from a squeak in the clutch & brake pedal that was fixed under warranty (degraded brake fluid TSB). The engine compartment is laid out well so it's fairly easy to maintain. My Mazda6 is silver with tinted windows and sports package w/spoiler. Looks great. If you want a reasonably-priced, fun-to-drive, anti-Accord sedan with Zoom-Zoom and room for the family too, this is the car for you."

Nicest looking car in its price range

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Great looking, fast, hatch is usefull"

Cons: "later models dont look as nice"

"I bought this car 3 years ago used and it has been very dependable. I went shopping to find a new car last week for my wife and when I came home and saw my blue mazda6s (With the spoiler of course) i thought "Man the new cars just dont look as cool as this car". I would definatly buy this car again. Not sure what im going to buy someday when mine dies.... nothing compares."