2006 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 938 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

By on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BEST CAR!!!

By on Thursday, May 06, 2010

"i have only had this car for a short period of time and i am absolutly in love with it! i have a 2007 and its black although the car gets hot because of the color i still wouldnt trade it for the world! it drives smooth and the cruse control on it is amazing and being able to do EVERYTHING with the controls on the steering wheel is great! and its wonderful for my two kids very roomy and very quiet i would recomend this car to anyone looking for luxury quiet and speed! GREAT PICKUP and i filled up my car for the first time and i got 400 miles on a FULL tank in the CITY! just imagine how it will be on the highway! Very Pleased!"

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

The BEst

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"Hands down the best car i've ever owned...and they are super rare!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"THIS 2005 MAZDA 6 IS THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. THANKS MAZDA"

What more could you ask?

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"Bought my Speed6 in 06. Believe that was the only year they made them. AWD and a 275hp turbo charged engine. What more is there to say? The car handles great, has awesome acceleration, it's roomy, huge trunk, great seats (cloth), etc. etc. Mechanically the car is great. At 50000 is the only time I spent over $150 on anything. Other than that, it was pretty much just oil changes (and a minor thing or two). I was really kind of shocked. The only complaint I do have about the engine is the turbo charger seems to "cough" a bit during acceleration (sometimes). It's not a lag, of which there really isn't much of one (surprising again). But after the normal "intro" lag, as the turbo kicks in, then it starts to hesitate or "cough," which robs a bit of performance until it's done. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. Other than that, I've been really pleased with the performance. Gas mileage is ok. Average between 20-25, but it needs high octane because of the turbo. And the car came with summer tires so you really needed a second set. Summers didn't cut it in the snow. But the Winters practically turned it into a tank. Incredible grip. Never had Winter tires before... always all season. These made a huge difference. And, hey, two sets last twice as long. But the Winter tires cut into the gas mileage. I'd say about 30 miles a tankful. Overall, you really couldn't ask for more from a car. Sure there are few, minor things that might irk you over the years of owning a car, but for performance, reliability, looks and safety (dual-front airbags, front and back side curtain airbags, front seat side airbags and ABS), there's not much more you can do. Thought the price was a bit much when I bought it, but I'm happy with the purchase. It's too bad Mazda didn't continue this line for the 6 Series. This is a tremendous car."

By on Friday, February 05, 2010

"Bought this for my daughter with 95k miles. Was a bit leary about that but car has been GREAT, stick shift is fun and easy. Enough get up and go for a 16yo with the 4cyl. Great style and get compliments often when I drive it. Seats are a little stiff, the center fabric is hard to keep clean. Gets great cas mileage, handles solid and sound. Would buy all over again, wish I had a new one for myself in a 6cyl maunal. THere is a rattle in the dash above the glove box, can be a hassle at times, not worth fixing."

Sweet car's

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"All good review's, and all five star's."

Best Car Ever,

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Hello there, if you are reading my review, it's a good one. all five star's i give to these car's. i've had my car since 2005. and now the car has a 145000 miles on it. this car is still running very strong, and feels like new still. these are very good car's .All 5 Star's....."

2003 Mazda 6s Best Ever

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Bought it new and it now has 75,000 miles. Manual transmission is easy to drive and provides the power reliably when you need it. Fun to drive and look at. Mine is red with sports package. No repairs and nothing is broken. Average about 28 mpg on highway. Rotate tires every 7,000 miles and get 39,000 miles on OEM Michelins. Killer looks with chrome wheels!!! Thank you Mazda!!!"

Great value

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"I'm at the end of my MS 2006 lease and seriously struggling with buying the speed vs. leasing a new car. Other cars I'm reviewing are 2010 BMW 328xi (6 spd), Acura TL AWD (6 spd) and Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited. Truth be told, I'm not in love with any of the other cars. This Mazda has been extremely reliable, decent on gas, and with turbo spooling at full tilt, a genuine stealth BMW fighter. I was literally racing a 2006 M3 on the way home tonight and keeping up nicely (I think I shocked the heck out of the driver). It handles really well, is good in the snow and genuinely fun to drive....think I've just made my decision."

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Hatchback

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"I just bought this little car 2 weeks ago after researching MANY cars on the internet and test driving many more. It seems to have a great consumer rating for reliabilty and value. After being in a "mom minivan" for 10 years, this is my gift for myself and I absolutely love this little car!!! It is comfortable, is great on gas, has great power for a 4 cylinder, and all of the bells and whistles you need."

good value

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"first brand new car i've owned. overall pleased with the car.currently on my third set of tires with 69,000 miles on the car.the only maintenance done was replacing the thermostat. replaced the battery once. in the process of fixing the headliner. just bought a 09 grand touring."

Meh...

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I have a 2006 Mazda 6 4 cylinder w/ cloth interior and cheapest version that they made that year. Here are the pros: 1) Good gas mileage; 2) Better than average styling for similarly priced vehicles of that year. The 06 Toyota, Honda, and Nissan look very unexciting. The Mazda 6 appears more sporty and muscular, even sporting the faux twin pipes; 3) The audio controls on the steering wheel are extremely handy and well-thought out; 4) The 4 cylinder is a peppy little engine w/ decent enough power for most. Cons: 1) Non-standard oil filter. The 4-cylinder engine requires use of a more expensive, non-standard oil filter that is a pain in the neck to change. It almost forces you to go to the dealership for every oil change where they can subsequently gouge you for $35 for the oil-change. They say that you can change the oil every 4-5k miles, but in my experience that is not a good idea. A friend of mine has the same engine in another make/model of vehicle and followed factory guidelines religiously and her engine seals were leaking by 60k miles. I think it is their way of getting you back in to purchase another vehicle sooner, but hey, that's just my opinion. 2) Shocks/struts are sub-par. I can feel mine wearing out and I only have 25k miles. I don't drive like a maniac and I do all I can to avoid potholes, etc., so there you have it. 3) The engine isn't mated very well to the transmission. The gearing is a bit short - I would prefer taller gearing so that the engine isn't revving so high at highway speeds. The increased engine noise adds yet more noise to an already noisy car, which leads me to number 4. 4) Lots of road noise at highway speeds which can make a trip more exhausting. I give this vehicle an average rating. You would probably do better with another brand of sedan if they weren't so ugly in that year. I wish I would have gone a step up and bought the Acura TL I was eyeing back in 06."

6 years later couldn't be happier

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"I was researching current value of my '03 6i 5 speed 4 cyl. and thought I'd review my car while here. I bought this car new and have had it 6 years now and have put 67,000 miles on it. It's been a great car. Very reliable, looks great, fun to drive, and economical - I get right on the EPA estimate of 25 city 32 highway. There have been no defects or major repairs of any kind, other than tires, battery and brakes. I've been pretty good about following recommended maintenance but more so from owners manual than dealer, who will try to get you to do more. Only negative was snow traction wasn't very good. I attributed to combination of lighter 4 cylinder and fairly large tires on cars today. I don't think this is unique to my car. After 3 consecutive snowy Iowa winters I finally put on a set of four dedicated winter tires (General Ultimax Arctic) and boy what a difference. Huge difference. Went from nervous white nuckle driving to complete confidence in deep snow and even ice. Have to force myself to slow down because I found myself zipping in between all the other drivers who were struggling like I used to. I Kept the snows on the original alloys and just bought a new set of 17's with new summer performance tires, so I'm planning on keeping this car several more years after investing $1,300 between the new snows and new wheels and summer performance tires. I keep the car clean and waxed and after 6 years it still looks new and continues to turn heads. This is my 3rd Mazda (also currently own a '02 Tribute and had an '89 626) and I will definitely consider buying another Mazda when the time comes. I like Mazda because they're reliable, a good value, and not as common as Toyota's and Honda's or even Nissan, who also make fine cars, but I just don't want to share the road with a million other like vehicles."

Very nice car

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"I am 17 years old and this is my second car I've had in less than a year. My first was a Jetta which looked nice except everything went wrong with. So i traded it in on a 2004 Mazda 6i 2.3 liter with 86000 miles on it. In my opinion, this was the best car for me in the world. The car gets 18 mpg for me, I drive aggressively and like to punch the gas a lot and i drive many hills each day. The car is very reliable, right now it has over 88k on it and nothing needed replaced other than normal things. One little complaint I have is that sometimes my one belt makes a lot of noise and sounds like rattling from under my hood. Theres nothing wrong with it, it just can get annoying. The 4 cylinder is mazda unlike the 6 cylinder which is ford. The 4 cylinder does have power, it just may take a little bit longer than the 6 cyl to get up to speed. I have the alloy rims, sunroof, wing, everything a teen could want, including an AMAZING sound system. Bose is great and really packs a punch. I love this car and will buy again."

Great Sport Sedan V6 GT Hatch

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Overall, the Mazda6S is a very fun and great handling car. It is performance oriented car and a decent value. It handles pedestrian duties like grocery shopping with ease and can carve up a canyon road on the weekends. First off, I am an enthusiast driver thus my review is skewed toward trading performance over comfort. Performance: My favorite part. The V6 provides plenty of power for normal driving. I used this car to move and it never disappointed even when completely packed. The 6 speed automatic shifts a bit harsher than expected and the manual shift mode is not very quick to respond to driver inputs. Overall, this is one of the best handling front drive cars I have ever driven. The car responds instantly to steering input and feels stable in corners, at least with the stock tires. Value: Bought an '06 Grand Touring in '08 and the car has lost little value since then. The folding seats and the hatchback model offers a lot of room for transporting a lot of stuff. Gas mileage is a bit below average for this segment, but it is a tradeoff for performance. Also, the consider the future cost of 18" tires versus the much cheaper 17" when it comes time to replace them. Reliability: I have had no maintenance issues with the car. I would do my own maintenance, but all that the car needed has been oil changes. Quality: As a new car, the interior seems below average compared to its competitors. The materials aren't as nice to the touch and many of the buttons don't give great tactile feedback when pressing them. But as a used car, they are quite good at other vehicles selling for the same price. the only feature not working on my car is the lumbar adjustment on the driver's seat. I have a small issue with paint on the plastic bumper covers. It is uneven and has an orange peel texture that would be unacceptable at my plant. May have been repaired, but I do not have records. Style: I am in the demographic directly targeted for this car, so I feel like they have done a good job styling this car. The longer hood is a characteristic of many sports cars and the body has subtl character lines that make it stand out. I have a hatch and that model's profile uses the roofline to maximize rear headroom and provide a massive trunk when needed. Comfort: Ride comfort is again below its direct competitors, but that's how I would prefer it. It's a tradeoff between performance and comfort, but I cannot comment on how comfortable the 4-cylinder is. The low profile 18" tires help with cornering, but transmit more road noise and bumps than the 17" option. I think it feel sporty, others may take it as unrefined."

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"I have a '05 mazda with a 4 cylinder, it has been really good to me. I have a few minor complaints though: the cover for the spark plugs is down by my feet, and will not stay on no matter how careful I am. The air conditioner went out twice, but it was luckily still under warranty, the tires are super expensive to replace once they wear out. It doesn't accelerate from stop very quickly, especially when the air conditioner is on. Other than that, it still runs like the day I bought it, and has 60,000 miles on it."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I have owned my Mazda 6 for 2 years now. It's great on Gas and a smooth ride! I love it! And I drive alot, so that says alot for the car!"

Almost European for Significantly Less

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"Mazda has done an exceptional job on the styling for the Mazda6. It looks like an Acura, has the features of an Audi, and the low cost of a Pontiac. I admit that the Ford 3.0 V6 in the 6 is a little weak, but the handling still gives the driver a sense of excitement. The turning radius is far better than the 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse I previously owned, as is cornering. The features that come with a fully loaded Mazda6 are what you would expect in a more expensive vehicle; auto dimming mirror, heated seats, HomeLink, Bose stereo, and telescoping adjustable steering wheel. The backseat is actually decent, considering that the Mazda6 was built on a Ford Focus frame. The vehicle ride could be improved. Road noise is at a tolerable level, but there are several random rattles and shakes inside the cabin, especially if the stereo is turned up. Also, the door armrest starts to make your arm sore after driving several hours. It might be better to have it higher and softer. Gas mileage is suprisingly low also. I get around 19 city and 25 highway. The RPMs tend to be prematurely high at freeway speeds. Overall, I have enjoyed the Mazda6 and would consider buying another in the future. I've been on 2 long distance trips with it and it did a great job."

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I've owned this car for 4 1/2 years and it's performed wonderfully. I had some basic warranty repair work done on the interior, I think because I bought the first model year they had some glitches to work out. Other than that I had to get the battery replaced about a year ago, but nothing else. Still very comfortable and runs great. The only thing I don't like is the poor turning radius. Will keep this car for a few more years!"

practical performance

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"hatchbacks not only look great, but allow me to put some very big things in there easily. handling is amazing, but can be quiet and refined if you want to drive mellow. suspension is on the firm side, but absorbs bumps well and I would not conider it harsh but instead well dampened. looks great inside and out. back seat can be a little cramped if front seat passengers are tall. does not have mp3 input, but this can be fixed easily with aftermarket part. handles amazing for a midsize sedan. corners without lots of body roll so it is easy to control. awesome brakes. good visibility."

Great Fun, Lots of Practicality

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Wasn't originally interested in this car, but when I test drove it, the 6 went to the top of my list. The car is great fun to drive. Corners great, plenty of power, especially for passing on the freeways. The seats provide plenty of support. I'm 6' and have plenty of leg room and can find a great driving position. The cargo area is much bigger than you'd expect, especially with the rear seats folded down. Car looks great inside and out. The Bose premium 6 speaker with subwoofer sound system is great. Manual shift mode lots of fun when you want to play boy-racer. Ride is on the firm side due to the sports suspension. Turning radius is wide like a truck since the transverse V6 eats up some of the wheel wells. Can be sluggish at low RPMs. Steering wheel could be more supple. Some cost cutting evident in the interior materials that feel cheap and insubstantial. Some might wish for better sound proofing. Front seats won't be comfortable for wide bodies. Cargo area liner material not exceptionally durable - get some sort of aftermarket cargo liner. With the premium sound system, the subwoofer is dropped into the spare wheel well, so you only have an "emergency" spare. Cannot attach a trailer hitch unless you're willing to drill holes through the floorboard. After 39,000 miles, I've only had some minor warranty work done. My Mazda dealer has provided superb service. I've gotten 24 mpg on average in mostly highway driving (though I am lead-footed)."

Was fun till 100k

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Was fun to drive."

Cons: "Breaks down to fast after 100k. Expensive parts."

"My Mazda was a fun car when I first got it 2 years ago. I got the car with about 70k miles on it and now have 102k. Pretty much once I hit that 100k mile mark things started to break pretty rapidly. At first it was the Thermostat which is to be expected I was not upset with that. Next I started to hear an engine shaking noise and feel when I put the car into reverse, pretty sure I got that noise figured out that it is a motor mount. Next thing that started happening is my steering gear box is starting to go out, it makes noises when it wants to but not when I want it to to diagnose it. My driver side window lift motor went out and had to replace that. My Key fob never worked since I had it which is only a minor annoyance. I do regular maintenance to the car. There is also a ticking sound coming from the engine which I have only heard once but it sounded almost as if the valves were hitting the piston head which is the most recent thing that has happened with it. Never had a problem with gas, I can usually get around 30 mpg on the freeway heading from Utah to California, about 24 in the city. All the replacement parts are too expensive for their low quality materials they are made from."

Beautiful sporty

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Get compliments on it all the time. Low profile tires mag wheels spoiler on back. Fixed up to the max great heater and air conditioner"