2006 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 938 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Smooth ride

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I love the smooth ride and comfort of the Mazda 6."

Head-turner!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I own the Mazda 6S hatchback. Loved the style of the car prior to buying, and naturally, after test driving, absolutely loved the sporty feel. My best friend also loved my car and has traded her car in for one just like mine! I must say that while I am still quite satisfied with my purchase, I have had some issues with the brakes (they seem hesitant at times and the pedal squeaks). The dealership assures me there's nothing wrong. I've also had issues with the transmission stuttering a bit, but nothing too serious. As others have mentioned, the turning radius makes it seems like you're maneuvering a boat, makes it difficult in tight parking situations. Still love it despite the imperfections!"

Great combination of virtues

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"What a nice surprise. I had owned a Mazda 6, and found it to be adequate in the performance department, but a bit soft around the edges. The MPS6 changed all of that for me. It is one solid vehicle. Despite the 18 inch wheels and the stiffer suspension, the ride is very good. It may be stiff for some, but I have never found it uncomfortable in any way. The additional torsional rigidity is very noticeable from the time you shut the door until you take on a bumpy curve. Sharp bumps are well damped, and the car never ever feels unsettled. The steering is very good, as well. It is probably one of the best I have driven with a car that operates mostly in FWD...nearly BMW 3-series good. . The seats are just about perfect for me...firm and not overly bolstered, but certainly not flat, eiher. The perforated leather gives just enough grip in the curves. The car has plenty of power in every situation. I never have to shift down to pass at highway speeds. Yes, the clutch is a bit grabby and takes some getting used to. The only things I would say the car is missing is some of the upscale features that others in this price class offer... the Bose stereo is just OK and lacks adjustability, and a trip computer and auxiliary plug would be nice...as would an all season tire option. Great car, Mazda! I am really excited to see what the next generation MPS6 brings to the table to trump this one."

By on Monday, August 13, 2007