2006 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 943 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

2004 Mazda6 - Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I have owned my 2004 Mazda6 since October 2004. It was a factory program car with 6k miles on it. I now have 102k miles and the car still runs and handles like new. I have the burnt orange v6 sport. It still turns heads. I am a somewhat agressive driver and get an average 24 mpg. I have had all oil changes and routine maintenance done at the Mazda dealer (Borgman Ford/Mazda in GR, MI) and have been impressed with the car reliability and service quality. The only cons are I seem to go through fog lights like crazy. I also have a loose connection on my right headlight, so for the past week or so it's on sometime and off others (I'm sure an easy fix but it's too cold to dig into it so I'll wait a couple weeks until I need an oil change). Another issue raised by others is seat wear. The padding on the sides of the seatback seems to have some degredation as I can easily feel part of the seat frame. I spent 2 seconds looking into fixing it and see that the seat covers come off very easily (another warm weather project). I looked at purchasing the new 2009 model. Unfortunately, Mazda changed some of the features I really like about my 2004 model. They got rid of the quick-grab handle inside the trunk (nice in the winter because you don't have to touch the outside of your car to close the trunk). They also got rid of the nice handles and spring loaded folding rear seats. I'm also not fond of the new controls on the steering wheel. They used to be rocker switches and are now toggles, which aren't as easy to use. I test drove a loaded 2009 v6 model. It had lots of very cool features, but feels much heavier than the 2004 while driving (it is a bigger car, but unfortunately drives like one too)."

Mazdaspeed6

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"With 18K miles on it, my Mazdaspeed6 has been bulletproof. The AWD grip and huge acceleration are just a blast. The car is well appointed with loads of features for a reasonalble price. Interior fit and finish is my only gripe, though it is good, could be better. Anyone reading this, dont confuse the reviews of the standard Mazda 6 models with the Mazdaspeed6. Entirely different cars built in different factories on different continents with hundreds of different parts and some different sheetmetal. The Speed6 is far and away superior to the standard Mazda6 and just about everything it competes with particularly if price is a factor."

I Love this Car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"

Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"

"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

the Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Performance in winter as well as summer."

Cons: "Clutch release."

"Performance is outstanding in the real world. Wet or dry, winter or summer. The engine is a dream and very accommodating in the high altitude of Colorado. Very comfortable, fitting the name Grand Touring. Only downfall is less than great gas mileage. I guess you can't have everything. I love this car and I would by a new one if one was still available."