2005 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 953 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Meh...

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I have a 2006 Mazda 6 4 cylinder w/ cloth interior and cheapest version that they made that year. Here are the pros: 1) Good gas mileage; 2) Better than average styling for similarly priced vehicles of that year. The 06 Toyota, Honda, and Nissan look very unexciting. The Mazda 6 appears more sporty and muscular, even sporting the faux twin pipes; 3) The audio controls on the steering wheel are extremely handy and well-thought out; 4) The 4 cylinder is a peppy little engine w/ decent enough power for most. Cons: 1) Non-standard oil filter. The 4-cylinder engine requires use of a more expensive, non-standard oil filter that is a pain in the neck to change. It almost forces you to go to the dealership for every oil change where they can subsequently gouge you for $35 for the oil-change. They say that you can change the oil every 4-5k miles, but in my experience that is not a good idea. A friend of mine has the same engine in another make/model of vehicle and followed factory guidelines religiously and her engine seals were leaking by 60k miles. I think it is their way of getting you back in to purchase another vehicle sooner, but hey, that's just my opinion. 2) Shocks/struts are sub-par. I can feel mine wearing out and I only have 25k miles. I don't drive like a maniac and I do all I can to avoid potholes, etc., so there you have it. 3) The engine isn't mated very well to the transmission. The gearing is a bit short - I would prefer taller gearing so that the engine isn't revving so high at highway speeds. The increased engine noise adds yet more noise to an already noisy car, which leads me to number 4. 4) Lots of road noise at highway speeds which can make a trip more exhausting. I give this vehicle an average rating. You would probably do better with another brand of sedan if they weren't so ugly in that year. I wish I would have gone a step up and bought the Acura TL I was eyeing back in 06."

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Miles, Sporty, Sound, Reliability, Space"

Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"

"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one! Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way! This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"

GREAT!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"I bought my 2005 mazda 6 sport new, and after 8 years it's running strong, mileage 89425.....I love my mazda! Still rides new and looks great! People always ask what year it is......Clean Car!"

Mazdaspeed6 - Completely different from the base 6

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality, handling, acceleration, feel, options"

Cons: "Styling a bit too conservative, stiff clutch"

"The Mazdaspeed6, while similar in appearance, is actually a completely different vehicle than the regular Mazda6. The difference between the two is not just cosmetic, nor that it just has a bigger engine and sportier suspension. It is much more than that. Up through the 2008 model year, the standard 6 was built in the U.S. alongside it's American "cousin" the Ford Fusion, and shares many characteristics with the Fusion. The speed 6 and the RX-8 were at the time the only Mazdas built in Japan by Mazda Motor Corporation, not by the Mazda-Ford joint venture. Mazda Motors focused on pure performance, and it shows with this vehicle. It may look like the standard 6, but it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. With 274 horsepower, 280 ft-lbs of torque, a turbocharged engine with direct injection, a standard 6-speed manual transmission (with no automatic option), a 0-60 time in the mid-5's, all-wheel drive, and handling very close to that of a pure sports car, the Mazdaspeed6 means business, and is for the serious driving enthusiast. It's conservative styling (which is actually a little TOO conservative) makes it an unassuming sleeper, and mine has eaten many Mustangs and WRX's for breakfast. But people who know this car, KNOW. But the fun thing about this car is the Jekyll and Hyde persona it has. It is also a very capable and comfortable commuter car, and with the AWD system and excellent traction and stability control system, is especially nice in snowy or rainy climates. The grand touring model has every comfort feature you could imagine, from heated seats, to power moonroof, Bose audio system, xenon headlamps, keyless entry/ignition, and many more. It is a luxury car with a sports car alter-ego. I will add also that it has been very reliable since I bought my 2007 model new in early 2008. If you ever have a chance to buy one of these, by all means do it. There just are not many other cars like it, and they only sold 10,000 in the U.S. for 2 model years (2006 and 2007). I like it every bit as much as I liked my RX-8 that I had before it, and even a little bit more because it is much more reliable and versatile."

love it!

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"This is a great car, have had it for 7 yrs w/o any problems and would get another if we didn't have kids and want a bigger car. The trunk is huge and it real nice. The back seats are big w/plenty of leg room as well as the front seats."