Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"
Cons: "could be more efficient"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 8
"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl).
Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it.
The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old).
This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners.
I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."
Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"
Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"
"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"
"I have a 2006 Mazda 6 4 cylinder w/ cloth interior and cheapest version that they made that year. Here are the pros:
1) Good gas mileage;
2) Better than average styling for similarly priced vehicles of that year. The 06 Toyota, Honda, and Nissan look very unexciting. The Mazda 6 appears more sporty and muscular, even sporting the faux twin pipes;
3) The audio controls on the steering wheel are extremely handy and well-thought out;
4) The 4 cylinder is a peppy little engine w/ decent enough power for most.
1) Non-standard oil filter. The 4-cylinder engine requires use of a more expensive, non-standard oil filter that is a pain in the neck to change. It almost forces you to go to the dealership for every oil change where they can subsequently gouge you for $35 for the oil-change. They say that you can change the oil every 4-5k miles, but in my experience that is not a good idea. A friend of mine has the same engine in another make/model of vehicle and followed factory guidelines religiously and her engine seals were leaking by 60k miles. I think it is their way of getting you back in to purchase another vehicle sooner, but hey, that's just my opinion.
2) Shocks/struts are sub-par. I can feel mine wearing out and I only have 25k miles. I don't drive like a maniac and I do all I can to avoid potholes, etc., so there you have it.
3) The engine isn't mated very well to the transmission. The gearing is a bit short - I would prefer taller gearing so that the engine isn't revving so high at highway speeds. The increased engine noise adds yet more noise to an already noisy car, which leads me to number 4.
4) Lots of road noise at highway speeds which can make a trip more exhausting.
I give this vehicle an average rating. You would probably do better with another brand of sedan if they weren't so ugly in that year. I wish I would have gone a step up and bought the Acura TL I was eyeing back in 06."
Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one!
Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way!
This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added.
I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"