2005 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 941 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

great vehicle for cost

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "all of the above"

"2nd Mazda I have owned, havent had to do a thing ,except a battery and 2 headlight bulbs. Mileage is good , comfortable, reliable. These cars compare to any other midsize car, their value should be much greater used."

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

the Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Performance in winter as well as summer."

Cons: "Clutch release."

"Performance is outstanding in the real world. Wet or dry, winter or summer. The engine is a dream and very accommodating in the high altitude of Colorado. Very comfortable, fitting the name Grand Touring. Only downfall is less than great gas mileage. I guess you can't have everything. I love this car and I would by a new one if one was still available."

Simple mechanical goodness

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, great dynamics, reliable"

Cons: "could be more efficient"

"At almost 164000 miles, it runs pretty strong. Mechanically sound, fairly efficient, runs great so far. I've only put 1500 miles or so on it since I bought it but I haven't had one problem yet. And although you can pick them up cheap, they have proven reliable (especially the 4cyl). Common problem... wheel well rust on one rear wheel well, almost all of them have it. The suspension is a bit firm, the engine is a little coarse, and the 4cyl power is only average (although it does have a lot of miles and is almost 10 years old). This car is SUPER FUN! The 5-speed manual transmission is superb, the steering is a little light but very precise and loads up very naturally. Its nimble, corners flat, and has just enough power to keep the speed up in the corners. I would highly recommend this car with the four cylinder and 5-speed manual, its the best combination of speed, efficiency, and weight balance."

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Miles, Sporty, Sound, Reliability, Space"

Cons: "Sits low; must be careful with parking stumps! lol"

"I never thought I would drive an actual car.. I've always driven trucks for smaller SUVs. This is the first vehicle I have bought on my own and I don't think I could've picked out a better one! Not only does this car look sporty, without actually being a sports car, but it also gets amazing gas millage. I drive a lot on a weekly basis and living in Arkansas, you have at least a 15min drive from home to go anywhere. I'd say I fill up my car about once a week to a week and a half. I took a 10 hour drive (each way) vaca and it only cost my about $80 each way! This car is cost efficient and very reliable! With the mileage I bought my car with, many people thought I would have lots of problems... but I've only had to repair little things here and there that come naturally over the additional miles added. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable car, with good gas mileage, that still looks sporty and "cool." I am a very proud Mazda owner!"