2004 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 937 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

MOST reliable and fun car with comfort!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "EVERY THING"

Cons: "Lower to ground for handling-"

"I had a BLUE mazda 6 for 7 years, I bought it new- I then had 3 kids and went to an SUV- I MISSED my mazda so much I sold that and got this LOW mileage one. NOW I am in Real Estate, and showing homes has a lot of in and out. NOW I am looking for something higher off the ground! I just need more room for all my open house and real estate stuff. I LOVE this car so much I MAY park it for my daughters first car, BUT I could use the money to get an SUV :) THESE are extremely hard to find as well!"

Was fun till 100k

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Was fun to drive."

Cons: "Breaks down to fast after 100k. Expensive parts."

"My Mazda was a fun car when I first got it 2 years ago. I got the car with about 70k miles on it and now have 102k. Pretty much once I hit that 100k mile mark things started to break pretty rapidly. At first it was the Thermostat which is to be expected I was not upset with that. Next I started to hear an engine shaking noise and feel when I put the car into reverse, pretty sure I got that noise figured out that it is a motor mount. Next thing that started happening is my steering gear box is starting to go out, it makes noises when it wants to but not when I want it to to diagnose it. My driver side window lift motor went out and had to replace that. My Key fob never worked since I had it which is only a minor annoyance. I do regular maintenance to the car. There is also a ticking sound coming from the engine which I have only heard once but it sounded almost as if the valves were hitting the piston head which is the most recent thing that has happened with it. Never had a problem with gas, I can usually get around 30 mpg on the freeway heading from Utah to California, about 24 in the city. All the replacement parts are too expensive for their low quality materials they are made from."

Nice value for the money

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Good value for money, comfortable seating, acceler"

Cons: "Only thing I can think of is no Aux input"

"To me utility is the first thing that I look for in anything that I purchase. And I am so convinced my Mazda 6 gives me more than its value. I have had this fully loaded grand touring 6s for 5 years now. It has been trouble free and such a joy to ride around. Even the newer versions of other brands do not compare against my Mazda. I love it! I love the sound from its Bose system, love the leather seats, they are so comfortable even even on long rides. (btw.. The longest I have driven is 13 hours in one night, & I have done this same trip on other rental cars and can easily see the difference!)"

Engine Hassel

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "not reliable"

"I bought my Mazda 6 with 51,000 miles on it. Ran great until it hit 100,000 miles. I had to replace 3 coils, an O2 Censor, a belt, and a pulley. It's overheated and stalled on me twice. It's been in the shop now for over a week and I still haven't heard what's wrong this time. Quite frankly, I don't even care to know. I'm done with this car."

Beautiful sporty

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Get compliments on it all the time. Low profile tires mag wheels spoiler on back. Fixed up to the max great heater and air conditioner"

LOVE MY CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "I WILL ALWAYS BUY MAZDAS"

"I WILL ONLY BUY MAZDAS AFTER OWNING THIS CAR FOR 5 YEARS."

Great Reliable Car

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Interior hold up, reliable"

Cons: "low ground clearance, turning radius not tight"

"Bought new and still own it. No major repairs, just wear and tear items (i.e. tires, maintenance). The only major repair I had was a new fuel pump at 91,000 miles. The ground clearance is a bit low, especially for CO mountain roads and my steep driveway. Interior is good quality, it has held up perfectly in it's 8 years."

Great car love it!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "A fun car to drive"

"I bought the car used and have had no problems at all. It is well built and stylish with plenty of power with the V6."

GARBAGE

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "On paper, it should be awesome"

Cons: "Its not, money pit, waste of my life....."

"Repeat issues, over and over and over with Coils, fuel injection system, etc. Run away, do not buy this car..."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Fast, good on gas, sporty"

"Great vehicle! Never had any problems with it."

great overall car

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "fun fun fun to drive and good on gas, 25 mpg"

Cons: "struggled towing my bike... but I know its a mazda"

"Great car, I bought it because I was traveling for work and I wanted something better on gas. Mine has the 5 speed and 6 cylinder 3.0, it is a peppy car, she will really get up and go if you tell her to. I had only two issues with it one was a coolant hose connection piece gave out on my on a ski trip to NH but was easily re rigged in parking lot with basic plumbing supplies, not a whole lot of room to work on it but still doable. the other i was coming home from Columbus and it was torrential down pouring on me, I don't know if a sensor got wet or something but she started bucking on me and stalled out and wouldn't start for a half hour or so, but after that she fired right up and carried on, never had the problem before or after that one time. I am also a bigger guy, 220lbs and a little under 6 foot and it is a very comfortable car to drive. i frequently drive 500- 1500 miles and its not a bad car to be in most definitely fun to drive, recommend the 5 speed"

Good car for the money

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"A bit tight on the interior. Needs a better 2nd gear. Good reliable vehicle. Mazda does have good sound engine and transmission. Have owned several Mazdas and will consider another one."

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, Styling, AWD System, Rarity"

Cons: "Rear Leg Room, Uncommon Model (only made 2 years)"

"I bought my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT approximately two years ago. It provided everything I was looking for (AWD, 250+ hp, four doors) at a much better price than all the other models I'd considered (Subaru WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, Audi S4). The exterior is sleek (almost sleeper-esque) and the interior is nice. If the proper maintenance and precautions are taken (upgrading motor/transmission mounts, adjustable ball joints, etc.) then the overall maintenance costs can be kept low. Being able to DIY is helpful, and there are plenty of resources out there to help you."

A VERY VERY GOOD CAR

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS A REAL SLUSHBOX, SLIDING INTO SECOND AND THIRD GEAR UNDER RAPID ACCELERATION... BUT OTHER THAN THAT, SHE KEEPS ON GOING...!!!!!!"

Awesome!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "heated seats, great look"

Cons: "None so far"

"For my needs this car fits the bill! Four kids and groceries> We are all comfortable. The difference in gas cost per week from my 4 cyl. was $30 around. What is great is I do not feel like I am driving a boat. This does not have the look of a grocery go getter. I have had so many compliments on my car. Wonderful combination of sporty and comfortable and efficient! Heated seats and the Bose sound are terrific, too. What a treat when coming from a basic escort!"

I love my Mazda6

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Handles poorly in snow"

"I love the way this car looks and the zig-zag gear shifter. I also like the red dashboard lights, no glare. The front seats are very comfortable even on long drives, but the back seat is quite small. This does provide for better gas mileage however. The trunk is quite big and the back seats can fold down so I am able to put my mountain bike in the car quite easily. The only problem I have had is driving in the snow can be quite a chore in this car. It rides low to the ground and doesn't seem to have as much weight to it as one might think. But go slow around corners and allow for extra breaking time and it is fine. Oh, and one more thing, with regular oil changes this car has been a dream come true for me. No major repairs in almost 150,000 miles :)"

Quality Vehicle Inside and Outside!

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable to drive on trips"

"My Mazda 6 I Sedan Sport Value Edition is in very good condition. The body of the car has no scratches or dents. The paint of the vehicle is gray and is in good condition. The tires were replaced in December 2009. The inside of the vehicle is also gray. I had the windows tinted right after I bought it and tint is in good condition. Inside of the car is very clean. floor mats and seats are all clean. It has a 6 CD changer and it continues to work. Mazda service completed all maintenance service to my vehicle so it is in good working condition. For a 4 cylinder it's a fast vehicle! My vehicle is worth more than the Kelly Blue Book estimate. I would ask for $12,000 since I took good car of my car."

mazda is the worst company to deal with!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

"I have a 2008 Mazda 6 that the cat converter is bad on. we purchased the PZEV emissions. The warranty manual clearly states that this should covered. Mazda will not repair this issue. The said part is we have purchased two Mazda products from the same dealership in the last five years, and they will not help. I can not even get a return phone call. I will never Purchase or recommend another Mazda product!"

A true SPORT utility - not a truck with a roof!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "nimble, fun, great capacity, sporty, elegant"

Cons: "a little light on noise insulation - add dynamat!"

"If you want nimble, fun to drive with great capacity and elegant looks with excellent dependability and low maintenance cost, this car CANNOT be beat! Forget those othe "SUV"s - trucks with a roof on the bed! Try a wagon, you will love it!"

Reliable and nice looking

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"This is my second Mazda and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. Super reliable and they do it with style. They are fun to drive and have a lot of get up and go, also very good on the curvy roads here."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and great handling."

Cons: "Not the best fuel milage for a 2.3 litre motor."

"Luxury and sport handling at half the cost. Never in the shop one day. Just change oil, tires and gas. Great car."

Surprises me more every day !!!

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage,fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage not as good as newer cars,"

"i have owned my mazda for almost 3 months an have had zero troubles with it, the only issue i have is the fact that most newer cars around this size an model get around 25 in town where i get only 21 but its still better than the 97 explorer i was driving lol. i purchased it with 89k miles an it currently has 102k on it, the gas mileage is great especailly for my 50 mile round trip commute to work 5 days a week, the traction control is a wonderful feature to have an just recently proved itself in the 6 inches of snow i had to drive through, I saw truck after truck getting pulled up hills an stuck in ditches but my mazda 6 just passed them all an kept trekking along just fine. would reccomend this car to anyone !!!!"

I Love this Car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, a lot of space"

Cons: "they should all have an aux unit,"

"I always wanted a mazda6 so when i got the chance to buy a new car i went for it. I didn't expect too much comfort seeing how everyday they seem to come out with a new idea for a car, but to my surprise its everything and better. Its got a lot of room which i need because i'm a mother. Its comfortable for long drives. Its very smooth! and the steering on it and brakes are smooth and right on point. this was a definite great buy!"

Great looking car. Handles well. Bad Transmission.

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Good looking car. Comfortable"

Cons: "Bad transmission, Poor quality interrior"

"Bought this car used in late 2011, with only 27000 on the Odometer. First 6 months were great. Since then the head liner is separating from the roof. The dash is breaking and the transmission sticks between 5th and 6th gear. Also trans shifts up to 6th gear when going only 30m.p.h. Have had transmission shop service it at recommended intervals and their were no trouble codes. This seems to be a common problem with this transmission(automatic). Also the air conditioning is less than reliable."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great overall experience"

Cons: "Really, None"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. No costs other than routine maintenance!"