2004 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 920 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Overall reliable car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "quick get up and go, double automatic windows"

Cons: "22 mpg, bad turning radius"

"Great car, I have owned it for 3 years now. AC doesn't work, but I just pour more Freon in it like once a month if even. It does not have a good turning radius. Other than that I love this car, works great. It's got that good ol' "zoom zoom". Gas mileage is okay, I get like 22 mpg."

Nice car

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "roomy for smaller car/always ran well/good in snow"

Cons: "fairly generic interior/road noise/gas mileage"

"bought used from 1st owner almost 3 yrs ago with low miles on it. handles good in all weather and is a perfect sized vehicle. interior has a lot of road noise when driving. also thought a 4 cylinder would have had a little better city MPG. over all it was a good purchase and I've been happy with the car."

Love

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, a sporty ride."

Cons: "None."

"This car has been completely dependable, no problems. I am the original owner. No accidents other than fender bender."

MOST reliable and fun car with comfort!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "EVERY THING"

Cons: "Lower to ground for handling-"

"I had a BLUE mazda 6 for 7 years, I bought it new- I then had 3 kids and went to an SUV- I MISSED my mazda so much I sold that and got this LOW mileage one. NOW I am in Real Estate, and showing homes has a lot of in and out. NOW I am looking for something higher off the ground! I just need more room for all my open house and real estate stuff. I LOVE this car so much I MAY park it for my daughters first car, BUT I could use the money to get an SUV :) THESE are extremely hard to find as well!"

Was fun till 100k

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Was fun to drive."

Cons: "Breaks down to fast after 100k. Expensive parts."

"My Mazda was a fun car when I first got it 2 years ago. I got the car with about 70k miles on it and now have 102k. Pretty much once I hit that 100k mile mark things started to break pretty rapidly. At first it was the Thermostat which is to be expected I was not upset with that. Next I started to hear an engine shaking noise and feel when I put the car into reverse, pretty sure I got that noise figured out that it is a motor mount. Next thing that started happening is my steering gear box is starting to go out, it makes noises when it wants to but not when I want it to to diagnose it. My driver side window lift motor went out and had to replace that. My Key fob never worked since I had it which is only a minor annoyance. I do regular maintenance to the car. There is also a ticking sound coming from the engine which I have only heard once but it sounded almost as if the valves were hitting the piston head which is the most recent thing that has happened with it. Never had a problem with gas, I can usually get around 30 mpg on the freeway heading from Utah to California, about 24 in the city. All the replacement parts are too expensive for their low quality materials they are made from."

See if you qualify for