2004 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 938 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Qualities for the Mazda 6

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I do love my car and the great pick up its has for a 4 cylinder engine. I do have some issues with this car though... they made special tires for the Mazda 6 series which are way over priced. I was able to get similar tires to help with the performance of my car. Another thing is that when you need to change a headlight you will need to bring your car into get serviced because the dealership will have to remove your front bumper in order to change the bulb. Also they only cover it up to 50k miles. The other thing is that oil changes are not cheap for this vehicle. So those are just a little FYI's. Don't get me wrong I do love my car and the way it handles but those are just some down-falls which are minor but sometimes the minor things do add up in the long run."

2004 Mazda6 - Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I have owned my 2004 Mazda6 since October 2004. It was a factory program car with 6k miles on it. I now have 102k miles and the car still runs and handles like new. I have the burnt orange v6 sport. It still turns heads. I am a somewhat agressive driver and get an average 24 mpg. I have had all oil changes and routine maintenance done at the Mazda dealer (Borgman Ford/Mazda in GR, MI) and have been impressed with the car reliability and service quality. The only cons are I seem to go through fog lights like crazy. I also have a loose connection on my right headlight, so for the past week or so it's on sometime and off others (I'm sure an easy fix but it's too cold to dig into it so I'll wait a couple weeks until I need an oil change). Another issue raised by others is seat wear. The padding on the sides of the seatback seems to have some degredation as I can easily feel part of the seat frame. I spent 2 seconds looking into fixing it and see that the seat covers come off very easily (another warm weather project). I looked at purchasing the new 2009 model. Unfortunately, Mazda changed some of the features I really like about my 2004 model. They got rid of the quick-grab handle inside the trunk (nice in the winter because you don't have to touch the outside of your car to close the trunk). They also got rid of the nice handles and spring loaded folding rear seats. I'm also not fond of the new controls on the steering wheel. They used to be rocker switches and are now toggles, which aren't as easy to use. I test drove a loaded 2009 v6 model. It had lots of very cool features, but feels much heavier than the 2004 while driving (it is a bigger car, but unfortunately drives like one too)."

Mazdaspeed6

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"With 18K miles on it, my Mazdaspeed6 has been bulletproof. The AWD grip and huge acceleration are just a blast. The car is well appointed with loads of features for a reasonalble price. Interior fit and finish is my only gripe, though it is good, could be better. Anyone reading this, dont confuse the reviews of the standard Mazda 6 models with the Mazdaspeed6. Entirely different cars built in different factories on different continents with hundreds of different parts and some different sheetmetal. The Speed6 is far and away superior to the standard Mazda6 and just about everything it competes with particularly if price is a factor."

Great car, storage of an suv mpg of a sedan 30+mpg

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, style"

Cons: "Expensive to buy but worth every penny"

"Great power driving through the mountains. Excellent handling. 157000+ miles and still running strong. Everything still works. Power everything looks brand new and drives like new."

Very reliable, solid performance, comfortable.

By on Friday, February 05, 2010

"My wife and I have owned the Mazda 6 for almost four years now. We've taken a number of long road trips, driving as many as 1,800 miles and the 6 is comfortable even after hours of continuous driving. The trunk is huge, even for a family of four with two girls under four years and all of our stuff. It has 5 star crash test ratings and safety is big, especially with a wife and two little ones. We've had no problems thus far. My only criticism, and they fixed this with the new generation Mazda 6 in 2009, is the turning radius could be smaller. Otherwise, the Mazda 6 is very solid, nice tight handling and responsiveness and great on the curves and when cornering. Although we had no problems with traction, even in the snow, I upgraded the tires to TripleTreads, and now it sticks to the road better than ever. I would highly recommend the Mazda 6 to anyone looking for a safe, reliable car that is roomy and so much fun to drive and own."