2003 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 922 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

MOST reliable and fun car with comfort!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "EVERY THING"

Cons: "Lower to ground for handling-"

"I had a BLUE mazda 6 for 7 years, I bought it new- I then had 3 kids and went to an SUV- I MISSED my mazda so much I sold that and got this LOW mileage one. NOW I am in Real Estate, and showing homes has a lot of in and out. NOW I am looking for something higher off the ground! I just need more room for all my open house and real estate stuff. I LOVE this car so much I MAY park it for my daughters first car, BUT I could use the money to get an SUV :) THESE are extremely hard to find as well!"

Was fun till 100k

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Was fun to drive."

Cons: "Breaks down to fast after 100k. Expensive parts."

"My Mazda was a fun car when I first got it 2 years ago. I got the car with about 70k miles on it and now have 102k. Pretty much once I hit that 100k mile mark things started to break pretty rapidly. At first it was the Thermostat which is to be expected I was not upset with that. Next I started to hear an engine shaking noise and feel when I put the car into reverse, pretty sure I got that noise figured out that it is a motor mount. Next thing that started happening is my steering gear box is starting to go out, it makes noises when it wants to but not when I want it to to diagnose it. My driver side window lift motor went out and had to replace that. My Key fob never worked since I had it which is only a minor annoyance. I do regular maintenance to the car. There is also a ticking sound coming from the engine which I have only heard once but it sounded almost as if the valves were hitting the piston head which is the most recent thing that has happened with it. Never had a problem with gas, I can usually get around 30 mpg on the freeway heading from Utah to California, about 24 in the city. All the replacement parts are too expensive for their low quality materials they are made from."

Nice value for the money

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Good value for money, comfortable seating, acceler"

Cons: "Only thing I can think of is no Aux input"

"To me utility is the first thing that I look for in anything that I purchase. And I am so convinced my Mazda 6 gives me more than its value. I have had this fully loaded grand touring 6s for 5 years now. It has been trouble free and such a joy to ride around. Even the newer versions of other brands do not compare against my Mazda. I love it! I love the sound from its Bose system, love the leather seats, they are so comfortable even even on long rides. (btw.. The longest I have driven is 13 hours in one night, & I have done this same trip on other rental cars and can easily see the difference!)"

Engine Hassel

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "not reliable"

"I bought my Mazda 6 with 51,000 miles on it. Ran great until it hit 100,000 miles. I had to replace 3 coils, an O2 Censor, a belt, and a pulley. It's overheated and stalled on me twice. It's been in the shop now for over a week and I still haven't heard what's wrong this time. Quite frankly, I don't even care to know. I'm done with this car."

Beautiful sporty

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Get compliments on it all the time. Low profile tires mag wheels spoiler on back. Fixed up to the max great heater and air conditioner"