2003 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 946 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

LOVE MY MAZDA 6!!!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "great style, great options, VERY reliable"

Cons: "not very tight turning radius"

"I just saw the note someone posted about how much they regret the purchase of their Mazda 6. It inspired me to write about how much I LOVE mine so people could know how great of a car they really are! Mine is an '06 and I bought it brand new. It has just over 99,000 miles on it now and it has been an amazing car. I have not had to do any major repairs on it except replacing the fuel filter last year. I have NEVER regretted purchasing my car. It has been VERY reliable for me. The ONLY issue I would say I have with it is the turning radius. It's not very tight so I have to do the whole back up and pull back in to park sometimes. But that's just if I'm making a tighter turn. Overall I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone!! They look great and run great!"

great car!

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"my wife was the one who wanted to look at this car to begin with. i didn't really have much interest in it but after driving it for 3 months i already know we made the right choice! i get excellent gas mileage and it rides so nice. i just wish it had a sunroof and external input for my ipod."

Very nice car's,

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"I, have a 2005 i. and yes, it's been wonderful. i, really love this car."

Excellent value

By on Thursday, May 13, 2010

"An excellent value for our 2005 we got used from a co-working moving out of the country. The only things to be aware of are: turning radius is not tight, the stereo speakers are not the richest sounding and the car could have better side mirror visability. Overall this is a GREAT car and would highly recommend it anytime. The Mazda6s hatchback that we have has superior trunk storage room and makes the car very practical while looking like a race car - ZOOM, ZOOM!"

rented it, had to buy it!

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"After a car accident put me in the market for a new (to me!) car, I went to the rental agency and ended up riding out in a 2007 mazda6. After driving it for two days I began shopping for my own. I ended up with a 2004 with the sport package and have zero regrets. When I looked to buy one used I found almost none for sale in my area. There are certainly plenty on the road so this tells you that no owner will part with theirs. My boyfriend loves it so much he keeps urging me to get a second car so he can borrow it more. My only complaints are that the strereo went bad when the car was 5 years old. Also, the leather seats are slightly less roomy than the cloth ones in the 2007 were. Maybe this is a change between years or maybe its due to the interior. It was worth the loss of space for the heated seats. I can't imagine ever parting with this car. I get lots of compliments from passengers and colleagues. Everyone thinks I must have gotten a raise b/c of the hot new luxury car I am driving. Little do they know it is cheaper than a base model compact from most other automakers."

By on Monday, March 15, 2010

"I have a 2007 mazda6 sport and I love it. It gets awesome gas milage which is great because I travel back and forth to school everyday. It is a really comfortable ride very smooth and stylish. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something dependable and stylish without breaking the bank. What can I say it's a great car and you can't beat the price!!!"

By on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"i have owned for 6 years very reliable and practical with great handling, power, and fun to drive. great sproty styling as well"

2005 mazda 6-s Hatchback

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

"Purchased this car for my wife as a birthday present. It was a great deal and has tons of included options-we do not have leather or nav but everything else. The ride is exceptional-braking is great, the stereo sounds terrific, the room in the back of the car when the seats are down is outstanding-58.7 cubic feet. The hatch back allows you to have the comfort and gas mileage of a mid-sized sedan, without having to get into an SUV. Very disappointed that Mazda did not continue a hatchback in their current 6 production series. The car has been very reliable-things that I don't like and they are minor-I don't like the dial controls-too confusing for heat and cooling, and fan. The back seats in this vehicle are not as comfortable as the 626 predecessor-because the hatch seats fold down flat, so passengers even though there is decent room in the back do not have as luxurious seating in the model previous. The stock tires, michellin are nice for the summer-but put snows on for safety and overall performance in the winter-the car handles great with them in the snow. Routine maintenance-oil changes every 5K, rotors at 43K-one interesting issue- we had a leak from the seam inside the engine compartment-efforts to have addressed revealed were it was coming in from, then we took it to the dealer, and they fixed it for a nominal cost. The mazda product is affordable and reliable-I think they are one of the best cars out there for the price, I have had three of them and all of them were great cars."

Electrical Issues

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Styling, strong engine and good brakes & steering"

Cons: "Electrical issues in general & poor headlights"

"Electrical issues are the problem: Poor headlights on low beam and next to impossible to replace the bulb yourself without tiny hands. Alternator replaced twice in last two years and now a recommendation to replace the computer from my mechanic who suggested that it was time to let go of this vechicle for good. Thought I could get 200,000 miles from it but not with a bum computer. On the plus side, a strong engine, good brakes and precise steering. I personally like the styling quite a bit and the car "fits" me well."

Speed6- Wish I could buy this brand new again

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "corners like a go-kart, very fast"

Cons: "Can't buy them new anymore"

"2007 Speed6. Love this car. Bought new in 2008.Very disappointed that Mazda changed the body style. Personally, I don't like the 2nd gen body style. I would buy another one of these if they were still making them. 98,000 miles and never once broke down. AWD is essential where I live. Awesome traction in snow(with real snow tires). Average 24.9 mpg on my 60 mile round trip to work. Very fun to drive. Six speed manual was the only transmission offered on this limited edition model, and its a joy to run through the gears. The ride is probably too firm for some, and there isn't much low end torque until the turbo is making some boost. The interior is not as spacious as some sport sedans, but I've taken 300 mile trips with adults in the back seat, with no major complaints. All in all, a very good value in a car that's somewhat rare."