2003 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 943 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

love it!

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"This is a great car, have had it for 7 yrs w/o any problems and would get another if we didn't have kids and want a bigger car. The trunk is huge and it real nice. The back seats are big w/plenty of leg room as well as the front seats."

Meh...

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I have a 2006 Mazda 6 4 cylinder w/ cloth interior and cheapest version that they made that year. Here are the pros: 1) Good gas mileage; 2) Better than average styling for similarly priced vehicles of that year. The 06 Toyota, Honda, and Nissan look very unexciting. The Mazda 6 appears more sporty and muscular, even sporting the faux twin pipes; 3) The audio controls on the steering wheel are extremely handy and well-thought out; 4) The 4 cylinder is a peppy little engine w/ decent enough power for most. Cons: 1) Non-standard oil filter. The 4-cylinder engine requires use of a more expensive, non-standard oil filter that is a pain in the neck to change. It almost forces you to go to the dealership for every oil change where they can subsequently gouge you for $35 for the oil-change. They say that you can change the oil every 4-5k miles, but in my experience that is not a good idea. A friend of mine has the same engine in another make/model of vehicle and followed factory guidelines religiously and her engine seals were leaking by 60k miles. I think it is their way of getting you back in to purchase another vehicle sooner, but hey, that's just my opinion. 2) Shocks/struts are sub-par. I can feel mine wearing out and I only have 25k miles. I don't drive like a maniac and I do all I can to avoid potholes, etc., so there you have it. 3) The engine isn't mated very well to the transmission. The gearing is a bit short - I would prefer taller gearing so that the engine isn't revving so high at highway speeds. The increased engine noise adds yet more noise to an already noisy car, which leads me to number 4. 4) Lots of road noise at highway speeds which can make a trip more exhausting. I give this vehicle an average rating. You would probably do better with another brand of sedan if they weren't so ugly in that year. I wish I would have gone a step up and bought the Acura TL I was eyeing back in 06."

Love My Mazda 6

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I bought my NEW 2004 Mazda 6S the last week of Jan 2005. I got a great deal on it since it was a previous model year still on the lot. Paid ~$5700 below sticker. Overall, I really love this car, but I'll start with the cons just to lay them out. Cons: I have the 3.0L V6. It's more sluggish than I'd expect from a 6-cyl. The low end torque just isn't there. The gear ratios for 4th and 5th aren't where I'd like them either. I usually skip 4th because it's not much use. 5th should bring the RPMs down farther at highway speeds... cranking >3500 at 60mph. Pros: The 5-speed is really fun to drive. Like most Mazdas, the engine really likes higher RPM's. Great pickup with RPM's 2500+. Tight steering and nice engine tone really make the car feel like it has more under the hood than it really does. The Bose stereo is decent. Leather seats are really comfortable. The car has been really solid. No problems to speak of aside from a squeak in the clutch & brake pedal that was fixed under warranty (degraded brake fluid TSB). The engine compartment is laid out well so it's fairly easy to maintain. My Mazda6 is silver with tinted windows and sports package w/spoiler. Looks great. If you want a reasonably-priced, fun-to-drive, anti-Accord sedan with Zoom-Zoom and room for the family too, this is the car for you."

Good vehicle, poor quality material

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great acceleration, comfortable drive"

Cons: "Poor quality materials, AC weak, mileage so so"

"I bought this car new and it has always had a quirk that no one could fix. It hesitates and then lurches slightly on inclines. Other than that it has been a great car to drive and has given me no mechanical trouble until recently. I wish I could say the same about the interior and side mouldings. Little by little things fell off or broke. The header fell in the front, then in the back, the storage box on the dash (poor placement directly in the sun) one hinge broke and then the other. The digital clock went out, the side mouldings fell off one by one (the adhesive gave out). Then both window motors went out."

Surprises me more every day !!!

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage,fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage not as good as newer cars,"

"i have owned my mazda for almost 3 months an have had zero troubles with it, the only issue i have is the fact that most newer cars around this size an model get around 25 in town where i get only 21 but its still better than the 97 explorer i was driving lol. i purchased it with 89k miles an it currently has 102k on it, the gas mileage is great especailly for my 50 mile round trip commute to work 5 days a week, the traction control is a wonderful feature to have an just recently proved itself in the 6 inches of snow i had to drive through, I saw truck after truck getting pulled up hills an stuck in ditches but my mazda 6 just passed them all an kept trekking along just fine. would reccomend this car to anyone !!!!"

Nicest looking car in its price range

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Great looking, fast, hatch is usefull"

Cons: "later models dont look as nice"

"I bought this car 3 years ago used and it has been very dependable. I went shopping to find a new car last week for my wife and when I came home and saw my blue mazda6s (With the spoiler of course) i thought "Man the new cars just dont look as cool as this car". I would definatly buy this car again. Not sure what im going to buy someday when mine dies.... nothing compares."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage and very reliable"

Cons: "Could use a little more room in the back seat"

"This was my first "New" car got it with 12k on it in 2007, It has taken me to Texas several times as well as several trips to New Mexico never a single issue and decent on gas! Never thought I would fit in a mid size car as I am 6 foot 7 but it is very comfortable, it is at 78k miles now and I have yet to do ANY major repairs save for a small factory recall. Resale is good!"

A great family car

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, sporty looks, stereo, overall quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better, LARGE turning radius"

"Every time I am about to say goodbye to a car I like to do an "exit interview" to evaluate my time with my vehicle. For the majority of the years I've owned my Mazda6, my daily commute was a little over 2 hours roundtrip, mostly city driving. In the 6 years I've owned this car, it has been very good to me. Never had a single mechanical problem. Of course, I was pretty on top of my routine maintainence, as anyone should be, but I have very little to complain about this car. I like to get the bad stuff out of the way first. The gas mileage could've been better. This is the main reason I am saying goodbye to this car. I averaged about 20 mpg and with an 18 gallon tank, it really sucked money out of my wallet every week to fill up. Mine was just a 4-cylinder and I expected better gas mileage. My other complaint is the turning radius. I was forewarned about it prior to buying it, but it really was a nuisance sometimes. Can't make a U-turn at an intersection without going into 3 lanes of traffic. This car also made parallel parking impossible. Other than those two things, I have nothing but good things to say about the car. I'm going to just gloss over the good things since there are so many. The looks and styling have aged very well. In 2014 the 3rd generation Mazda6 will be arriving but the 1st generation Mazda6 still looks sharp to this day. Long daily commutes have proven that the seats are more than comfortable enough and are very supportive. The interior is pretty spacious, though it feels closer to a compact car than a midsize by today's standards, which to be quite honest, is fine with me. One more thing I thought stood out was the quality of the stereo. The speakers and cd player are phenomenal, especially considering it's factory installed (and is not the BOSE stereo). All in all this was a great car that got me through the majority of my 20's. I can't say the same for all of my cars but I will be sad when I say goodbye to this car for good (which is mere days from now at the time of this writing). Mazda has been making exceptional products within the last ten years and I can't recommend this car or the company highly enough!"

This is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great on trunk space and comfortable."

Cons: "Beige interior gets dirty."

"My Mazda saved my life, if not for the durability of the car I would have lost my life. I enjoy driving this car on the highway, by far its speed, flexibility and comfort of driving this car is incredible. I would not trade it for anything else. I would like to congratulate the Mazda team for building such and incredible car. It saved my life,and even though my car is a total loss, I would like to thank everyone for giving me another chance at life."

Awesome

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, good MPG, good sound system"

Cons: "led for clock doesnt work properly"

"I bought my car used for $6,900 and have loved it for 2 years!!I have no problems in any weather with this car. It has always worked for me and it is a great car. It now has 135,000 miles and shows no sign of any problems"